Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lot Bin Roofing Fix?

sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
So, I'm new to Sims 2, I acquired and started playing Sims 2 UC a month ago in Pleasantview. My sim couple, who are engaged now, are ready to tie the knot. I am looking to move them to a bigger house, so they can adopt, they are a gay couple and can't have kids the old fashioned way.

Hence my problem, I saw a couple of houses in the lot bin that seem to be the right size, but the description on wiki says that there are roof issues due to the seasons pack, I am not a builder, I can't build anything beyond moving or placing the occasional wall. And that is in Sims 4, which I have played for years now!

I did see a tutorial on how to fix these houses, but with no photos there is little chance I would ever manage to follow the instructions, if even then. Anyway, I thought, perhaps, someone here might be able to give me, or direct me to, a fixed version. The houses in question are; Cape Cod Classic - 3+BR 2BA and Craftsman's Pride - 3+BR 2.5BA.

Thanks, I am really enjoying my new game, I had started it as just a test game to learn how things work, but I am so enamoured with my sim couple now, I am loath to quit this save.
Origin ID is: sobenewbie

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Ok that is weird, I never heard of that. Did you try to test the houses? That info could be out of date if it was patched. I have used that same roof type on a ton of my builds and never had a issue with it.. I couldn't find any info on this except for the wiki. I did find some makeovers of the lots in question, but they are makeovers, so it doesn't look the same. You can take a peek at those here

https://ts2lotmakeoverdatabase.weebly.com/the-lot-bin.html

I imagine you could remove the roofs, and select the same style of roof and auto roof the house. That should take care of the issue.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Auto roof? Wow, that would help, I've pulled my hair out in sims 4, just trying to adjust a roof.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi :)

What the problem roofs are - the sections of the walls that are made out of roof. Don't auto-roof it. The walls with the windows of the Craftsman house are roof walls and they are what let weather inside- (cold) iirc.
    You can tell this from how the inside walls are just a little taller where they join the outside walls.

*boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true will give the option to have children with same sex Parents (Spawn the Sim modder) or a mod- the Sim Blender. :)
    edited December 2017
    Yes, I have a list of cheats, I just always like my gay couples to adopt, thats what I did in sims 4 and 3 too. As to the roof thing, I'm hopeless as a builder, so looked on YouTube and did see one roof fix for the Pleasant house, but about halfway through, I really got lost, lol.
    Post edited by sunblond on
    edited December 2017
    Someone at GOS ( Garden of Shadows) very kindly created a tutorial, with photos, on how to fix these. I am going to attempt to add the link, in the event anyone else needs it. I was able to make the repairs, using this guide.

https://northern-angel.tumblr.com/post/167976650708/how-to-weatherproof-houses-1-identify-which-parts
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The Cape Cod house doesn't actually a have roof leaks, because the top floor is sort of an attic if Sims sleep up there they will get cold etc. In TS2 Seasons Sims can die from freezing. So, if a child sleeps in the upper rooms they can get cold and possibly get a call from social worker. But if they go back downstairs they are warm in a few mintues. You just have to keep an eye on Sims those roofs don't actually leak etc. I love that house. And the big farm house (red) has an attic like that, too. Or you can put a fireplace up there and have them warm self. Make sure to add a smoke alarm since TS2 Sims start fires and can die.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I was actually able to manage to fix both houses with the tutorial someone posted for me, plus now I have a little more knowledge on building in sims 2.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    That's great! have fun!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.