Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Question: Who is your favourite townie (ea/maxis made sim)?
    Mine is very obvious but if you don't know it's Bob Pancakes cause he fathered Claude who fathered Riley who is my favourite sim. They don't look anything alike though :D

Seriously...this is Riley (as a teen cause it's easier to see)
    EPQLWY7l.png
    Here's a pic of Bob (even though you're all probably familiar with him anyway)
    bob.png?w=174&h=172

You've possibly seen Claude as my avi pic a few times so no pic needed (he's the one with glasses and brown eyes).

@Bugsie2016 I'm enjoying Catarina Lynx in Brindleton Bay. She's spunky and has a quirky personality and attire.

I also really like Don Lothario. He's a surprisingly sweet guy to most of my Sims. I'm almost bummed I removed townies from my Simself challenge but I wanted unique Sims. I'll probably have townies in other stories.

oh so catrinas like you.

ducks.
    Happy Thanksgiving to those of us in the States and for those of us who aren't, happy Thursday. :)

for me its weird thanksgiving.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Mine is very obvious but if you don't know it's Bob Pancakes cause he fathered Claude who fathered Riley who is my favourite sim. They don't look anything alike though :D

EPQLWY7l.png
    bob.png?w=174&h=172

You've possibly seen Claude as my avi pic a few times so no pic needed (he's the one with glasses and brown eyes).

@Bugsie2016 I'm enjoying Catarina Lynx in Brindleton Bay. She's spunky and has a quirky personality and attire.

I also really like Don Lothario. He's a surprisingly sweet guy to most of my Sims. I'm almost bummed I removed townies from my Simself challenge but I wanted unique Sims. I'll probably have townies in other stories.

I haven't actually played as Catarina Lynx yet. She's shown up a few times with her cats when i've played as a vet though.
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    @Bugsie2016 lol, he's a character. :D
    @CharmingMaruska Aww a fairytale wedding! They're the best. <3 and thank you. Yes it is my work. I got a bit carried away with photoshop. :D

Not at all! It looks great, very artsy :smile: I wish I could do something so awesome!
    Also, here's the newest chapter. I believe it's the longest chapter I've ever written!

Chapter 3.19: Trapped
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @Bugsie2016 lol, he's a character. :D
    @CharmingMaruska Aww a fairytale wedding! They're the best. <3 and thank you. Yes it is my work. I got a bit carried away with photoshop. :D

Not at all! It looks great, very artsy :smile: I wish I could do something so awesome!

Aww thanks. You've made my day. :)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

EPQLWY7l.png
    bob.png?w=174&h=172

oh so catrinas like you.

ducks.

@friendsfan367 haha. I'll take that as a compliment. Ducks?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Today's After the Wedding chapter is... a reflection from Stuart, I guess?
    ATW S4 Chapter 6: 90 Minutes of Love
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    hey guys I need a name for the 'sequel' to the Once Upon a time Princess changelle I did. I also need more ideas for plot ideas for in the story itself
    6adMCGP.gif
    How about 'Happily Ever After'? since your original challenge's title is the beginning of a fairytale, the sequel's title could be the ending. It also could be a nice bit of irony, since I can't imagine any major character in a sequel really experiencing a happily ever after - although they might at the very end.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    How about 'Happily Ever After'? since your original challenge's title is the beginning of a fairytale, the sequel's title could be the ending. It also could be a nice bit of irony, since I can't imagine any major character in a sequel really experiencing a happily ever after - although they might at the very end.

you are right none of my story characters receive a HEA except for the Disney sims and the simmer's simselves in my Disney-simself save. kidnapping, Cinderella-stories, bullying, etc are some of what's in my sim stories
    6adMCGP.gif
  • D20D20 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm just exploring sims-related lit for the first time, and I simply can't get over how incredibly talented everyone is. The amount of time and detail you guys put into your work is astounding. I've just been practicing how to take screenshots in the game, and I feel like you really have to fight the interface every step of the way--you guys make it seem effortless though. Anyhow, this is going to be a great resource for me going forward if I ever decide to create something myself.
  • LexiePixieLexiePixie Posts: 6 New Member
    @D20 (Regarding screen shots) my tip is to focus on the game the keys will come naturally as u play more but something you can also do is make a button key saying what each key does i have mine taped to my desk it is very helpful for me.
    edited November 2017

EPQLWY7l.png
    bob.png?w=174&h=172

oh so catrinas like you.

ducks.

ducks as in runs away. i tease certain people knowing how far i can go but others like you i'm still working on learning that. and i meant it as a compliment but it was time to meet Brian.
    edited November 2017
    D20 wrote: »
    I'm just exploring sims-related lit for the first time, and I simply can't get over how incredibly talented everyone is. The amount of time and detail you guys put into your work is astounding. I've just been practicing how to take screenshots in the game, and I feel like you really have to fight the interface every step of the way--you guys make it seem effortless though. Anyhow, this is going to be a great resource for me going forward if I ever decide to create something myself.
    Thanks @D20 for your kind words. There's lots of great simlit here. Good luck with your screenshots - they can be a bother at times. We've all been there. XD

thank you and welcome, @D20. I'm trigger happy with the C key. :p So I take a million screenshots and then pick based on plot. I also don't really edit mostly because I'm lazy and it's time consuming, but also because I like the organic look of the game. If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We're a friendly bunch.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest

EPQLWY7l.png
    bob.png?w=174&h=172

oh so catrinas like you.

ducks.

ducks as in runs away. i tease certain people knowing how far i can go but others like you i'm still working on learning that. and i meant it as a compliment but it was time to meet Brian.

Oh haha, @friendsfan367. I was thinking you meant "ducks" as in cute bird. Gotta love the English language. I'm not offended if you tease me.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    yeah survived my first dadless holiday.

i think thats why i play with aging off. i get to chose when and if they die.

so far ayden said i don't want to die lets glitch instead at least twice. the other time i acccidently deleted my gallery and saves.

EPQLWY7l.png
    bob.png?w=174&h=172

oh so catrinas like you.

ducks.

Oh haha, @friendsfan367. I was thinking you meant "ducks" as in cute bird. Gotta love the English language. I'm not offended if you tease me.

yeah one more person to pick on. lol. i picked on pammiechick earlier today. i haven't reached the end of fine lines and she posted how it ends. lol. i told her in the time ive known her it was the one time i picked on her.
    you want to hear something cool.

Brian Was Asked By The Lady That Used To Take me Shopping to thanksgiving dinner and he told her he had plans with me. which since she now hates me she tried to talk him out of and he told her he was going to moms with me. so he stood up for me.

After dad died i was avoiding her because i was a mess. avoiding brian was a unfortunate consequence. but he picked me.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    you want to hear something cool.

Brian Was Asked By The Lady That Used To Take me Shopping to thanksgiving dinner and he told her he had plans with me. which since she now hates me she tried to talk him out of and he told her he was going to moms with me. so he stood up for me.

After dad died i was avoiding her because i was a mess. avoiding brian was a unfortunate consequence. but he picked me.

That's nice of him. :)

Hello, @D20 nice to meet you! Regarding screenshots - you can alway get rid of the interface by pressing Tab key while in Live Mode. That helps a great deal. There's also a SimLit guide (link) where you can find many useful tips. Or just ask any question you have in this thread :smile: Good luck!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @D20 @CharmingMaruska: learning about tab mode for the first time is a key milestone for any simlitter. ;)@D20 listen to us now instead of shooting even more chapters without it. Life is never gonna be the same. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @D20 @CharmingMaruska: learning about tab mode for the first time is a key milestone for any simlitter. ;)@D20 listen to us now instead of shooting even more chapters without it. Life is never gonna be the same. ;)

I'm trying to picture ever going back to screen shotting without tab mode..... nope not a chance in hell. I just couldn't do it :tongue:
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    My story update is finally here! Between being sick, kitchen reno and holiday prep I was sooo out of commission!

Today we meet our wonderful wedding guests (recipients of the reader's gift) ... @CathyTea @Charliimai @Anchesenamon @Siter6 @maplesimmer @spitzmagic

o6ZAUJ2.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/11/24/an-era-of-charming-tales-bruno-and-rose-red-wedding-guests/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top