Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Got linked to this thread from Twitter today. Sims should not be showing up with hats and accessories 100% of the time, we'll take a look at what's going on. Thanks for the reports.

Thank you so much for responding! I couldn't really believe that this was actually intentional; now I finally know for sure it isn't. Thank you so much. :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    Got linked to this thread from Twitter today. Sims should not be showing up with hats and accessories 100% of the time, we'll take a look at what's going on. Thanks for the reports.
    thank you! i really didn't want to believe it was "by design".
    edited November 2017
    @xitneverendss, i'm so sorry about the confusion. i wrote that poorly. so: i'm glad that this ("showing up with hats and accessories 100% of the time") isn't by design. i want it to mean: if they don't fix it to our liking, at least the hats and stuff might be turned down a notch.
  • ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    Woot, I hope they manage to fix it soon. =D And fixing would be turning it off but any less than is happening now would still be good. =D
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member

With all due respect, @SimGuruNeel, it's not the hats and accessories that are the problem. It's that prior to the recent patches, Sims went to nightclubs in their Party outfits. And now it's just random. Those random outfits include hats and accessories, but it's the fact they're not wearing the outfits we assigned them, like they're supposed to.
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimGuruNeelSimGuruNeel Posts: 4 SimGuru
    @kwanzaabot Will look into what happened with respect to the outfit categories as well.
    @SimGuruNeel, thank you for letting us know.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    @SimGuruNeel Ok, I guess my post just gets ignored :/

@fewlines oh, no worries. While I really don’t think sims should be showing up in these hats and glasses at all (especially sims WE created and worked hard on their outfits) I guess tuning it down would be alright, though not ideal.
    @xitneverendss, you're right. it would be ideal if they were our own again.
  • SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    @SimGuruNeel Thank you for looking into it, and letting us know that you hear our concerns. It is appreciated.

I think this thread makes it pretty clear we all have strong opinions on WHY we dress our sims in certain ways, and that we feel the outfits we choose are part of how we convey who they are to the world around them. It's not just about fashion catastrophes (although that is definitely a part of it).

A preferable solution would involve using outfits that we have access to and can control (if it can't be a category outfit we set (although again this is clearly preferred), can the sitional attire be made accessible for editing, possibly through a cheat, the way career outfits are?), but at the very least reducing the frequency of freaky accessories would be a vast improvement!

Thank you again for letting us know we are heard, and it will be considered.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @SimGuruNeel Ok, I guess my post just gets ignored :/

@fewlines oh, no worries. While I really don’t think sims should be showing up in these hats and glasses at all (especially sims WE created and worked hard on their outfits) I guess tuning it down would be alright, though not ideal.
    Yours and fullspiral’s, while that is the real issue here isn’t it?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • MorieTrisMorieTris Posts: 56 Member
    I have sort of a related problem... well, problem is a strong word. Is anybody else slightly bothered by the fact that you could choose the nicest, most awesome wedding attire, spend two days searching for CC and dress the bride(s) and groom(s) in the nicest Vera 🐸🐸🐸🐸 dresses and Armani suits and then poof, when the wedding starts the game puts them in a "default wedding outfit"? It caught me unawares the first time it happened and I had no idea what was going on (I rarely do weddings but when I do I go all out). This was another example of the game overriding my decision about what my sims should wear. Could this also be made optional, please?
    JMppbSi.png
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited November 2017
    just as a reminder that this is an important issue which has to be fixed rather sooner than later
    my sims in my game are hardly recognizable under the pile of garbage clothing the game is forcing them to wear
    & as i said that happens already without CL, Vampires & whatnot

1zdyk49.jpg

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • sidney216sidney216 Posts: 127 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yea it's honestly needed. If you don't want to get rid of this useless feature (because what are the party outfits for then ?), at least make it so we have access to those hidden outfits in CAS. In order to not have this randomness that is just plain ugly, especially if you play with CC.
    1522086871-legatelanius.gif
    edited November 2017
    agreed. i'm still glad this will be looked into. i would prefer our own choices be used, of course, like all of you here. this is why we're all writing in for, and i'm so happy to see more and more people adding their views.

i do keep going back to my original thought... WHY does the game think it has to do more work and generate yet another (yes, random and let's say... unfortunate-looking) outfit? and change it again each and every time a Sim shows up to a venue? (we have all worded this in our own way, i think.)

i get the "they're not wearing the proper category" thing, but... we have that covered. we do not need this "hidden outfit". every Sim already has all clothing categories available to them, either made by us, or game-generated. not only can we change both if we don't like them, which is the point, but the game already has access to them. it's not like they're missing one category and have to fill in for it. why would extra coding/programming/generating (or whatever it's called) be needed? the outfits already exist!

let's say i have an insane Sim and i give her a weird "formal" outfit. let's say it's a bathing suit. it's my call. all the game needs to do is ask itself, "where is this Sim going? oh, a venue where "formal" is required? great! so let's have her wear whatever is set under "formal!"" if a venue asks for "formal", just let the game grab the outfit under "formal"--do not generate another "formal". remember how we went into CAS and chose from all categories? like "formal"? want me to stop saying "formal"? (but seriously... hasn't it worked like this forever?)

ahem. so this has been discussed by many of us, again and again. it's still not enough, apparently. if the game wants to run its own fashion show, it defeats the purpose of giving us CAS choices. i might as well close my eyes and click randomly, or go with whatever i roll when i create a character. why do we have choices if we can't use them?

i honestly wanted to be more patient and express my thoughts in a more constructive way. i know real people work behind the scenes to make and update this game. but since they're real people, they've got to see us, real people as well, react to our creativity being slowly but surely taken away. i for one can't afford to get every game pack; my computer can't even handle it. that is MY issue. i'm not asking for anything for free. i just want to use whatever i have, the way i want it. i'm sorry i wrote a book, and for any mistakes. thank you.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2017
    @fewlines I agree!

Edit: Nevermind, seems like the gurus are actively working on providing a fix for this soon! :blush:
    Post edited by Firande on
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sincerely hope this is fixed. Gone on for too long. The majority of Sims just look like a hot mess. I'd really just do away with hidden outfits entirely.

I mean, I guess understand seeing sims show up in different outfits everyday at venues or around lots, but heck why we're able to make multiple everyday to formal outfits for them in the first place. I can accept hidden outfits at like the city living festivals for theme purposes, but seeing sims around town like this?

tumblr_or6pudIxgB1uuiijco7_1280.png

tumblr_or6pudIxgB1uuiijco5_1280.png

I'm not understanding my games fascination to dress my sims in hats, sunglasses and gloves for like 95% of the sims along with a majority of vampire related items. Soon as nightfall hits, BOOM the freaks come out at night.
    5vJrxmT.png
    haha, absolutely. i get it for "cosplay" reasons at festivals. but this way, there is no setting them apart. they all dress in the dark or have hangovers or are hiding from fans behind those glasses, or something.
    if we want to make a crazy-looking Sim, it's fine. that's what the categories are for. (i am grateful we got a response, though. and yes, you may be right--modders might fix this earlier and for good.)
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    So glad this is being looked into. I just want gurus to realize this issue is legitimately holding many people back from even touching the game as of now.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    agreed. i'm still glad this will be looked into. i would prefer our own choices be used, of course, like all of you here. this is why we're all writing in for, and i'm so happy to see more and more people adding their views.

i do keep going back to my original thought... WHY does the game think it has to do more work and generate yet another (yes, random and let's say... unfortunate-looking) outfit? and change it again each and every time a Sim shows up to a venue? (we have all worded this in our own way, i think.)

i get the "they're not wearing the proper category" thing, but... we have that covered. we do not need this "hidden outfit". every Sim already has all clothing categories available to them, either made by us, or game-generated. not only can we change both if we don't like them, which is the point, but the game already has access to them. it's not like they're missing one category and have to fill in for it. why would extra coding/programming/generating (or whatever it's called) be needed? the outfits already exist!

let's say i have an insane Sim and i give her a weird "formal" outfit. let's say it's a bathing suit. it's my call. all the game needs to do is ask itself, "where is this Sim going? oh, a venue where "formal" is required? great! so let's have her wear whatever is set under "formal!"" if a venue asks for "formal", just let the game grab the outfit under "formal"--do not generate another "formal". remember how we went into CAS and chose from all categories? like "formal"? want me to stop saying "formal"? (but seriously... hasn't it worked like this forever?)

ahem. so this has been discussed by many of us, again and again. it's still not enough, apparently. if the game wants to run its own fashion show, it defeats the purpose of giving us CAS choices. i might as well close my eyes and click randomly, or go with whatever i roll when i create a character. why do we have choices if we can't use them?

i honestly wanted to be more patient and express my thoughts in a more constructive way. i know real people work behind the scenes to make and update this game. but since they're real people, they've got to see us, real people as well, react to our creativity being slowly but surely taken away. i for one can't afford to get every game pack; my computer can't even handle it. that is MY issue. i'm not asking for anything for free. i just want to use whatever i have, the way i want it. i'm sorry i wrote a book, and for any mistakes. thank you.

This x1000! And honestly, I take back what I said before. Merely “tuning it down” is unacceptable. Get rid of these situational outfits completely. Like you stated, there’s absolutely no reason for these sims to be getting random outfits when they already have one!!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fewlines wrote: »

This x1000! And honestly, I take back what I said before. Merely “tuning it down” is unacceptable. Get rid of these situational outfits completely. Like you stated, there’s absolutely no reason for these sims to be getting random outfits when they already have one!!

Agreed. No tuning down. Just remove it completely and let us play our games and dress our sims as we would like.

As far as I'm concerned, the festivals don't need special outfits either. Maybe the love guru does, but not everyone attending.
    Maybe the cos-players do, but not everyone attending.
    The market sellers don't need situational outfits at all.

Make the love guru and the cos-players "special sims" like the hermit. And leave the rest of the attendees alone. I would enjoy festivals much more that way.
    edited November 2017
    instead of randomizing a new outfit.
    that's it! :) thank you.