Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let Sims wear their assigned CAS outfits instead of weird situational ones, please

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I went in game again.

Here's two of my sims as the game generated them. Lance and Siya:

PWGwGqr.png

I went and took control of Lance and THIS is what he should look like out on the town.....

93hMuhk.png

This is what Siya should look like:

Isnh6Sb.png

And this is what they did to Frank this time....

lQwZUsL.png

Seriously.....how are we supposed to play with this and enjoy seeing our sims that WE worked hard on look like this???

Wait, they actually gave him make-up too? Also look at poor Caleb Vatore, looking so uncomfortable in those clothes. Poor Sims. :(

Lance? Well, I get why he's wearing makeup. He's my female impersonator sim, so he dresses up as female when he's singing. lol But he doesn't always dress that way. When not performing, he dresses as male.
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited November 2017
    @fullspiral Ah, okay, that makes sense. :)

My Sim was asked to go on a date at a nightclub today... I hesitantly accepted, bracing myself for the things I'd see there. But surprisingly, this time most of my Sims were actually spared! The only one who showed up in the classic hat + glasses outfit was Eliza Pancakes. The nightclub wasn't packed, exactly, as it was barely 8 PM lol, but the few party-goers I saw mostly looked fine.
    UESuZfr.png
    Very strange.

Edit: Never mind. This abomination just walked through the door.
    Tp3AU72.png
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I honestly can't think of a situation where they thought that this was a good design to implement. I love this game, I really do, but MAN I'm so tired of having to rely on mod creators to undo the decisions that Maxis made. Normally I hesitate to throw around words like "lazy" when talking about game devs, but in this case, that's the only solution to the question of "How is this working as intended?" that I can think of.

Also, thanks to whoever pointed out that parties broke in the last patch too. That would explain why my sims just threw a terrible birthday party. I guess it's time for me to go back to hiding in build mode again until some of these gameplay bugs are fixed. I refuse to accept their excuse that sims showing up wearing crazy nonsense outfits is anything other than a bug!
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I thought this was caused by a mod in my game! I went through my mods first before looking this up, haha :joy: My sims don't often go to clubs these days since I've got toddlers and pets now, so I wasn't aware that this was now by design.

I agree that it's unusual. If they had to put in the situational outfits mechanic, why not put them in their Party wear if not their Everyday? I always go through my townies to give them makeovers. It was tragic seeing so many of my townies crazily dressed. I forgive my aliens for looking ridiculous because those sweet intergalactic creatures don't know any better of our Earth ways, and I forgive my vampires since I like to assume they've been living under a rock so they're just trying to figure out what's "hip," but my humans that grew up in my game have no leeway. No excuses.
    I also didn't mind festival outfits since the only times I'd ever go to the more "damaging" ones like the romance festival is if my sim is trying to make a love connection, or spice festival if they're trying to score free dinner. (I only really go to GeekCon or the Flea market when I have the chance to.)

But really, seeing everyone at the club coming in sober with the way they're dressed makes me concerned. I mean, several of my sims have the Insane trait, but a majority of them are mean snobs. They wouldn't be caught dead wearing... Whatever they're wearing. :s

I hope they look into this.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited November 2017
    I've been having a lot of bugs after the new patch and since the first question asked is always if I have mods I've taken them all out for now so I have to suffer without MCCC. I think that LittleMsSam might have a lot trait mod you can specify the outfit category sims wear but I could be wrong. I hope Deaderpool can add it to the other situational outfits in MCCC... once I can put it back in. :'(

Nope, you are correct. She does have a mod that will specify the outfit for Sims to wear on the particular lot, which, off-topic to the topic at hand, I highly recommend. Was tired of getting no use out of party outfits, especially since they would be perfect for use at night clubs.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on its own for NPCs with this new change. However, I think I did find a work around, if you do have LittleMsSam's Dress Code mod and MCCC.

For me, I have a night club that I have set with the Party outfit dress code through LittleMsSam's mod. My Sim comes in her party outfit, but the NPCs still come in random outfits. However, with MCCC, if I go to 'Modify Household in CAS' on any Sim, and just click the check mark to 'Play', when I get back in-game, it does switch everyone over to their party outfits. Unfortunately, I still do have to do it every time someone new shows up for them to switch over too.

I think the random outfits can be fun, but I can also see how it would get annoying after a while. Would be cool to see the random outfit become one of the lot trait dress code choices in LittleMsSam's mod, but not so much as the only option for the game itself.

Anyway, not sure if anyone already mentioned the work around in this thread (too lazy to read through all the pages), but it seems to work for me. It's a pain, but it's something until there's an official fix or an actual mod fix.

On a related note, Candy Behr has come in some pretty fun outfits for me during my testing

fp1ROtq.jpg
    tqvQjgV.jpg

Also, here's the link to the Dress Code mod. Again, highly recommended, even outside of this issue
    Dress Code | Custom Lot Traits
  • glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    I haven't commented on here for ages, but I had to come to add my voice to this issue. I take the time to create, dress, and even assign jobs to almost all of the Sims in my games. I certainly don't want to see all that time wasted by having those Sims show up in these ridiculous outfit combinations that no one in their right mind would wear. A little creative license is fine, but it's like they went out of their way to make these combos as ridiculous as possible. When it comes to my Sims, I am a control freak, and if I have no control I don't even want to play. May be time to go back to Sims 3.
  • fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited November 2017
    i took a Sim to a bar today, and all NPCs showed up in their everyday clothes.
    my favourite venue is The Blue Velvet (which i think is a nightclub) and i don't want my Sims to stop going there. so i said 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it, and sacrificed my... not wanting a TV there. i added one to meet the requirements, so as to change the venue type to "bar", and all Sims now spawn wearing their everyday outfits. so far.
    (now, if i could only stop Grim from showing up every. single. day...)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    fewlines wrote: »
    my favourite venue is The Blue Velvet (which i think is a nightclub) and i don't want my Sims to stop going there. so i said plum it, and sacrificed my... not wanting a TV there. i added one to meet the requirements, so as to change the venue type to "bar", and all Sims now spawn wearing their everyday outfits. so far.

FWIW, you can bury the tv underground and the bar will still function.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @luthienrising, thank you, i didn't think of that!
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    my favourite venue is The Blue Velvet (which i think is a nightclub) and i don't want my Sims to stop going there. so i said plum it, and sacrificed my... not wanting a TV there. i added one to meet the requirements, so as to change the venue type to "bar", and all Sims now spawn wearing their everyday outfits. so far.

If you have MCCC, you can disable "Reaper Stalking." Not sure where that setting is, though... I think it's under MC Population somewhere!
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    My God. I knew that this was a problem and all this time I've been understanding that this was a bug yet to be patched. Now I'm just furious that it's apparently "by design" and isn't a bug. How awful... This ruins the game.
    TBImXnt.gif
    thank you, @lottevdbrug, i do not because i'm too thick to understand how it works. -_-

i do wonder what caused him to show up everywhere from one day to the next...
  • ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Hahaha, the fact that so many people thought it was a bug, shows how awful their decision was. I mean seriously, who is making all these decisions? Have they never played the Sims, or know what the games about. The sims should be a game where you can live out any life you desire in any way you want. Or play god and do what ever you want to the town and it's citizens. This game is turning out like a bad reality tv show i'm forced to watch. People should keep sending bug reports of this anyway. It will probably be a faster way of getting this 'design choice' removed.
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited November 2017
    @lottevdbrug "I'm not saying that I didn't care at all about that festival outfits glitch - I hated it, but with MCCC there was such an easy fix. You just go to situational outfits, and select everyday or party clothing for these festivals and you're done. "

Oh my gosh!!! I've been using MCCC forever, and I had no idea that was an option. THANK YOU!! I quit playing because of this glitch and now I can play again. MCCC doesn't cure everything, but at least it makes it bearable.......somewhat.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    SoapSuds wrote: »
    I've been having a lot of bugs after the new patch and since the first question asked is always if I have mods I've taken them all out for now so I have to suffer without MCCC. I think that LittleMsSam might have a lot trait mod you can specify the outfit category sims wear but I could be wrong. I hope Deaderpool can add it to the other situational outfits in MCCC... once I can put it back in. :'(

Nope, you are correct. She does have a mod that will specify the outfit for Sims to wear on the particular lot, which, off-topic to the topic at hand, I highly recommend. Was tired of getting no use out of party outfits, especially since they would be perfect for use at night clubs.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on its own for NPCs with this new change. However, I think I did find a work around, if you do have LittleMsSam's Dress Code mod and MCCC.

For me, I have a night club that I have set with the Party outfit dress code through LittleMsSam's mod. My Sim comes in her party outfit, but the NPCs still come in random outfits. However, with MCCC, if I go to 'Modify Household in CAS' on any Sim, and just click the check mark to 'Play', when I get back in-game, it does switch everyone over to their party outfits. Unfortunately, I still do have to do it every time someone new shows up for them to switch over too.

I think the random outfits can be fun, but I can also see how it would get annoying after a while. Would be cool to see the random outfit become one of the lot trait dress code choices in LittleMsSam's mod, but not so much as the only option for the game itself.

Anyway, not sure if anyone already mentioned the work around in this thread (too lazy to read through all the pages), but it seems to work for me. It's a pain, but it's something until there's an official fix or an actual mod fix.

On a related note, Candy Behr has come in some pretty fun outfits for me during my testing

fp1ROtq.jpg
    tqvQjgV.jpg

Also, here's the link to the Dress Code mod. Again, highly recommended, even outside of this issue
    Dress Code | Custom Lot Traits

Is this mod working with the current patch? The last one I tried made my game lag. If it works I’ll just add casual clothing lot trait to all the clubs. Too bad it won’t do anything for dance parties though.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Now at the Geekcon I'm seeing half party/half costumes. I never had this happen prior to this "fix".
    11-19-17_6-01-24AM.png

Then we have Joaquin who actually does wear a hat, bracelet, earrings and loud attire dressed normal.
    11-19-17_4-46-27AM.png

At the romance festival Don turned up in a costume.
    11-19-17_5-06-51AM.png
  • FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member

So, it looks like there are two solutions :

1. We have to endure the outfits the devs forced on OUR sims or
    2. We are forced to use Mods.

How pathetic for an expensive so called triple A game..... :s

@MidnightAura
    Thank god, this old notebook can run sims 2 ! So the money I would have spent for the console version of sims 4 with the DLCs, I save for the new PC. (It still will take a few months, but I'm looking forward to see my sims 3 again :) )
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    What this team clearly totally fails to understand, is that simmers want to control their game. That’s what this franchise is about even, that’s what sets it apart from other games. I’m convinced they’ll solve this particular issue, the backlash is unanimous. They can’t ignore it. But for the future I suggest each and every dev sticks a memo to their computer, saying: “Before doing anything, keep in mind they want to rule.”
    5JZ57S6.png
  • zorglubzorglub Posts: 3 New Member
    I cannot understand the point of those random outfits, it's so annoying.
    The Custom Lot Traits of LittleMsSam is helpfull but it's not a solution : people are still coming in weard outfits in front of our clubs.
    I hope MC dresser will get to this quite soon ...
    ... or a EA patch maybe if we're not alone to grouse about it.
  • MickCasanovaMickCasanova Posts: 4 New Member
    > @SoapSuds said:
    > Rainydayz179 wrote: »
    >
    > I've been having a lot of bugs after the new patch and since the first question asked is always if I have mods I've taken them all out for now so I have to suffer without MCCC. I think that LittleMsSam might have a lot trait mod you can specify the outfit category sims wear but I could be wrong. I hope Deaderpool can add it to the other situational outfits in MCCC... once I can put it back in. :'(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope, you are correct. She does have a mod that will specify the outfit for Sims to wear on the particular lot, which, off-topic to the topic at hand, I highly recommend. Was tired of getting no use out of party outfits, especially since they would be perfect for use at night clubs.
    >
    > Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work on its own for NPCs with this new change. However, I think I did find a work around, if you do have LittleMsSam's Dress Code mod and MCCC.
    >
    > For me, I have a night club that I have set with the Party outfit dress code through LittleMsSam's mod. My Sim comes in her party outfit, but the NPCs still come in random outfits. However, with MCCC, if I go to 'Modify Household in CAS' on any Sim, and just click the check mark to 'Play', when I get back in-game, it does switch everyone over to their party outfits. Unfortunately, I still do have to do it every time someone new shows up for them to switch over too.
    >
    > I think the random outfits can be fun, but I can also see how it would get annoying after a while. Would be cool to see the random outfit become one of the lot trait dress code choices in LittleMsSam's mod, but not so much as the only option for the game itself.
    >
    > Anyway, not sure if anyone already mentioned the work around in this thread (too lazy to read through all the pages), but it seems to work for me. It's a pain, but it's something until there's an official fix or an actual mod fix.
    >
    > On a related note, Candy Behr has come in some pretty fun outfits for me during my testing
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Also, here's the link to the Dress Code mod. Again, highly recommended, even outside of this issue
    > Dress Code | Custom Lot Traits

Thank you for this! I installed it, and it does a pretty good job of removing those nasty stupid outfits. Now if I could find something to keep those pets out of places like clubs and stuff, I'd be even more happy. But this mod works pretty well. Some get by, but seem to change within minutes of being in the venue. I like the little button the mod puts in your inventory so you can change sims that refuse to change. great find! Thanks!
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @fewlines
    i'm loving the blue-haired Sim! (there's another one there feeling the same way...)

here's the blue haired in her actual party outfit
    2ryr61u.jpg

i am not sure if i made her myself or downloaded from the gallery :grimace:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • shezoeshezoe Posts: 67 Member
    i WHOLE heartedly agree. i have completely stopped sending my sims to nightclubs because of this. The outfits are hideous. My sims have personalities and characters according to their story lines that are reflected in their attire. So i guess the devs just figured we don't get to play how we want and they were going to over rule us with absurdities? i can't imagine what they were thinking with this.
    Ky1BXMP.jpg
  • AstreonAstreon Posts: 1,291 Member
    Yes please, this is ruining my life. I play where EVERYTHING in the game is my own creation. No pre-made sims, houses, and eventually planning to replace all the venues as well. I have 216 total sims along with a mod that reduces townie generation, so I put a whole lot of effort into each and every one of my sim's outfits.

Honestly though I have more faith in modders than I do in Maxis when it comes to fixing stuff in their game. Oh wait, this doesn't need fixing since it's by design! I still don't know what made them think this was a good idea after confirming that the situation outfits in festivals were more of a bug. I mean really, because of that, it should've been obvious to them that situational outfits were a terrible idea, and then they thought to expand on this concept even more? This really makes me want to take a break until a mod is out that fixes this. I hate seeing my own sims and having my imaginations for them to be completely ruined. I didn't make them out to be clowns, and if I did then I would just do that myself. Let me have the control I'm supposed to have, and stop ruining my storylines by switching my sim's occupations to circus freaks.
    edited November 2017
    @Finvola, Don has a sort of RoboCop-meets-Iron Man look.

@Rukola_Schaaf, i like her look. i have a blue-haired bartender in my game!
  • SimGuruNeelSimGuruNeel Posts: 4 SimGuru
    Got linked to this thread from Twitter today. Sims should not be showing up with hats and accessories 100% of the time, we'll take a look at what's going on. Thanks for the reports.