Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    How my pets really sleep. It is so cute seeing them little like this again.
    11-15-17_12-03-19_AM.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @83bienchen Cute toddler and pets :smile:

@Scobre Cute cat pictures :smile:

I know that a lot of players warmed up to TS4 slightly after toddlers where added but have Cats and Dogs made a positive impact as well?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    11-15-17_12-03-19_AM.png

I love how more than one pet van sleep on the bed. I always wanted that.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited November 2017
    Don't have any pics uploaded, but I'm playing one of the families in Brindleton, the one with the dog, cat, and toddler. And then I started a new one-person family with a flatcoated retriever. Added toddler equipment to a park, and litterboxes/ pet food bowls.

ETA: come to think of it, I'd better update Granite Falls next time I'm playing. Had a disastrous first trip after toddlers were added, since they can't use the public restrooms or the tents. Don't want the same problem with pets.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    11-15-17_12-03-19_AM.png

I love how more than one pet van sleep on the bed. I always wanted that.
    Same it was a fun discovery. Probably works with the smaller pets, but still cute.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Well hey there, looks like y'all are pretty happy with TS4 these days. That's good, I guess! :D

As for me, after months of struggling to like it or even play it without an expression of total distaste on my face, I finally gave up on it last Spring. Toddlers are cute but not enough for me to like the game. The game play and the plethora of bugs are still horrendous, in my opinion. The pets look cute but I still hate the art style. It's just way too "mobile game-looking" for me.

So I just play TS3 now, and post on other forums once in a while. I don't even come to this one anymore, it just makes me feel sad, really. So that's why I don't post on this thread any longer, and why I'm not active here. But I decided to drop in today so I thought I'd at least say "HI!" before I leave. And for those who celebrate them, I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming holidays and enjoys precious time with friends and family. Take care, everyone!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Well hey there, looks like y'all are pretty happy with TS4 these days. That's good, I guess! :D

As for me, after months of struggling to like it or even play it without an expression of total distaste on my face, I finally gave up on it last Spring. Toddlers are cute but not enough for me to like the game. The game play and the plethora of bugs are still horrendous, in my opinion. The pets look cute but I still hate the art style. It's just way too "mobile game-looking" for me.

So I just play TS3 now, and post on other forums once in a while. I don't even come to this one anymore, it just makes me feel sad, really. So that's why I don't post on this thread any longer, and why I'm not active here. But I decided to drop in today so I thought I'd at least say "HI!" before I leave. And for those who celebrate them, I hope everyone enjoys the upcoming holidays and enjoys precious time with friends and family. Take care, everyone!
    I hope you don't stop posting here. I would love to see your Sims 3 family pictures too. Remember this thread has pictures from all the iterations to share. :) For me, it is still mixed feelings about the Sims 4, so nothing has really changed. I just like this pack because it gives me nostalgia of what it was like growing up as family in a beach city. Just stinks the Sims families can't swim in the ocean yet and yes I have had at least five bugs since it has been released. Anyway hello nice to see you again, I missed you. I actually miss seeing pictures from the Sims 3 here.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member

Me too! I want to see your Sim family pics as well.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    @HappySimmer3 Sorry that you still do not enjoy TS4 :(

@Scobre It is a shame that Sims can still not swim in the ocean. Do you think that will be an option or because they have done a 'beach world' already they might do something else instead?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Interesting link: https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-5-rumors/ Not 100% believable of course and seems to be a bit more wishful thinking thank anything else but it sums up a few things tat some players are still feeling. I will admit as well. It has made me feel slightly intrigued
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Interesting link: https://www.thegamer.com/the-sims-5-rumors/ Not 100% believable of course and seems to be a bit more wishful thinking thank anything else but it sums up a few things tat some players are still feeling. I will admit as well. It has made me feel slightly intrigued

Someone posted that a few months ago, I thought it had been proven fake?
  • Options
    @elanorbreton Wouldn't surprise me but I do expect to see a lot of these 'rumours' running around net year or so
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @HappySimmer3 Sorry that you still do not enjoy TS4 :(

@Scobre It is a shame that Sims can still not swim in the ocean. Do you think that will be an option or because they have done a 'beach world' already they might do something else instead?
    I think it could be option with a seasons pack. I really want to see beach and seasons activities with the family. Like building sand castles, jumping in leaf piles, playing in puddles, surfing, wakeboarding, floating in tubes down rivers, riding bikes, having snow fights, building snowmen, sledding, snowboarding, skateboarding, and collecting seaglass.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I really hope Seasons is next. In the meantime, my main family has got a puppy!

Here, Claire has just brought him home and introduced him to her hubby and daughter. Hubby doesn't seem to happy...
    500.png?dl=0

Their littlest is wondering what this tiny black thing is :)
    502.png?dl=0

Whatever it is, it's quite cuddly and has a wet tongue!
    503.png?dl=0

I am SO happy that they remembered to add some interactions between toddlers and pets.
  • Options
    That's why there was so much campaigning to get the toddlers added as part of the base game rather than as a pack of some sort. Packs rarely interrelate anymore, so if there had been a Toddler EP or GP, you would not likely have had pet interactions or the family with a toddler that lives in Brindleton Bay. Aside from paying for what was part of previous base games, we're more likely to see toddler participation in future packs the way EA did it. Does anyone know if toddlers will eat the pet food like they did in previous games?
  • Options
    @elanorbreton Cute pictures of the puppy :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I'm trying to be patient, but its hard to wait until friday to get Cats , and dogs. :'(
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I like the Ep so far, but it's a bit lackluster like all have been imo.Parenthood is still the best addition for me and it's a GP.
    Good to see you all keep this thread alive :)
  • Options
    @Anemone7 It is always good to see a few familiar faces post in here :smile: A few of us have gradually emigrated to the TS3 D full time as that seems to be where all the action happens these days and it is always good content as well :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Seems like toddlers can't eat pet food or sleep in pet beds. :( The vacuum doesn't seem to clean a lot of the toddler messes or messes in general I noticed too.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • Options
    I didn't know we had a vacuum. Too bad about the others, but at least the toddlers can play with the pets and cuddle them.
  • Options
    Thrippa wrote: »
    I didn't know we had a vacuum. Too bad about the others, but at least the toddlers can play with the pets and cuddle them.
    Yeah it is the roomba thing. Actually saw the cat ride on it a bit yesterday.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @Scobre I have heard of the Roombas and think that it is a good idea :smile:

There are a few on Google :smile:

rOzqJpp.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mhv08kK5qg1qh3tlco1_400.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, neat! Yeah I vaguely remember that, now that you mention it. I'll have to look for it next time.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    I got cats and dogs today at Target for 21 dollars . I'm installing now :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top