Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No one is buying anything!

I opened up my bakery first day and no one bought anything! My sims has a 10 baking skill so everything was "excellent". Every item was set for sale. (100% markup). She greeted every customer and answered their questions. 8 hours later...it was just all conversations with the customers. No sales. No one bought a thing!

suggestions? is it a bug? is it the 100% markup?

Comments

• SimReviewsSimReviews Posts: 211 Member
    it probably mark up , bug or you sim is onluky
    I'm an avid sims4 simmer born in France and living with a gogeous husband and 2 twin baby girls, working as a game developer & cc maker. and looking for a teaching job ;p
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I opened up my bakery first day and no one bought anything! My sims has a 10 baking skill so everything was "excellent". Every item was set for sale. (100% markup). She greeted every customer and answered their questions. 8 hours later...it was just all conversations with the customers. No sales. No one bought a thing!

suggestions? Is it a bug? Is it the 100% markup?

You guessed it! Just like in real life, nobody will want to buy something that is too expensive.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    no one really buys anything at 100% markup unless you talk them into it, which takes a while
    it's only really worth going that high if you're selling something incredibly expensive
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Sims sometimes are rude when they come to your shops and like to use it as a hangout. To make good sales you have to stay over time and even have a bed for little naps. then when they see you try to get sleep the sims will want to buy something just to keep you from sleeping. so go sale to a few and go back to bed. or whatever your needs are. they are programmed to make you fail, lol.
    I never had my bed on the second floor but on the fist with my room area blocked off but they do watch you lol. just make your area for you only.
    If you have a partner that helps. just get perks the more the better.
    also, give them cupcakes and coffee to eat they will hang out and not leave when hungry.
    you can make a living but not with an 8-hour shift so you just have to kind of live there, then have true off days. and keep prices high. when they buy they do not care but they will try to find the lowest price item lol. you can also sell other kitchen items. selling your artworks is a good income. After you make a good amount of money close and do it again after you clean up and restock, you really need the perk instant restock. and sure sale handshake.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I wonder if this bug has anything to do with the street sale tables too cuz I know those are glitched out as well.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

Also, I wanted to point out that the prices are set mostly by the game, I have had the same bakery in two different cities and one had their prices more than 3 times as much as the other bakery. Kind of like our art and anything we sell it seem to have a base price for that area.

I have never used the 100% markup. I use the one just below that so you won't be perceived as greedy by the programming. So while you keep that Bakery open, then open one in a different city to see if your prices start out a bit higher.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Personally, I always use the 100% markup because in my opinion after all that hard work, working the customers I want top simoleon. And I always sell out. I sell items for 20,000 simoleons regularly. And I agree with @Stormsview . You have to feed the customers and even give them some distraction. For example, I had a pool at my store and some customers would just take a swim and then come out the pool and buy, no convincing at all. I also get sales as soon as my sim goes to sleep.
  • That1Guy352That1Guy352 Posts: 43 Member
    Stormsview made some very good points. I always use the 100 percent markup too and usually I sell pretty good. I do agree that you have to basically pretty much live there. I noticed in the past when I made a downstairs or upstairs room in my bakerys etc and had my other family members pitching in the money started rolling in. I think you have to have a whole little apartment basically in your store to do well and having other sims rather its your teenage kids or your husband or wife sim there to help, helps BIG time. i really would like to move into my store I made, but I cant because of babies... I wish I could take them with me places.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    There is a bug with the yard sale table and yard sale art board since C&D came out or the patch. Sims will browse but not buy anything.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »

suggestions? is it a bug? is it the 100% markup?

I hardly play, just build, so when I actually created a sim to work in the boutique I created, I was incredibly frustrated that for three Sim days people totally come in but NOBODY BUYS ANYTHING! They just stand around talking!!!!! FRUSTRATING!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!