Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Interactive Reality Game Show Community

Comments

• Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    Hey everyone! It's been awhile! A lot of things happened when I was gone.

I was hit by one of the three major hurricanes this year, and it had a massive impact on my living conditions. It was hard, but things are getting back to normal.

Also, I'm currently creating a YouTube Simvivor series. I'm going to try to release sometime by December. When I release it, I'll post the link on this thread!

Welcome back Singing! :mrgreen:

Hope all is well for you now, Looking forward to seeing that Simvivor series.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited November 2017

I was hit by one of the three major hurricanes this year, and it had a massive impact on my living conditions. It was hard, but things are getting back to normal.

Also, I'm currently creating a YouTube Simvivor series. I'm going to try to release sometime by December. When I release it, I'll post the link on this thread!

Oh hey, Singing! :smiley: Wow, I'm sorry to hear about the hurricane damage.. D: Thank goodness you've been building up now and you're fine now.....

Ooh, that Simvivor sounds interesting. :) Are you going to write/script/cast it all yourself?

Thank you!

Yeah, it's all original, the cast, the host, and even the location (it's not based off of any real world places) were all created by me! I've finished the cast introduction video and I've started the first episode.

• Options
    @TheSingingSimmer - Welcome back! I can't imagine all the damage people have dealt with, but I'm so glad you're back. :) Getting back to normal is good. :D Is it like a new kind of normal? I'd imagine it might take a fairly decent amount of time to rebuild for a lot of people.

Thank you! It is a bit of a "new normal", we're no stranger to hurricanes, but even this one was extreme. There is still trash and abandoned houses and cars in the street, but my city has done a great job so far in cleaning it up (the highways were fixed in under a week, we got electricity back fairly quickly, and our water system was undamaged).
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »

Welcome back Singing! :mrgreen:

Hope all is well for you now, Looking forward to seeing that Simvivor series.

Thank you! I look forward to releasing it! I finished building the set and I'm currently shooting the first episode.
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Wk1ScsE.png

EPISODE 1: FIND YOUR SPONSOR [PART ONE]

The first part of Episode 1 of Leashes and Skirts is out now (finally after four months of waiting, sorry guys).
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    I hosted a game show today for university :3 I'm studying Games Design and for my rapid games prototyping course, I had to prototype a game, and my game was essentially a digital gameshow :3 So I set it up in class, got to act as the host and everyone watched someone compete and it was great! Felt awesome :P Dream job :P

Essentially I set up a lot of balloons with pictures of different objects on them, and asked a bunch of statements the player had to follow by popping specific balloons XD And everyone found it hilarious and so much fun :3
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    That's really cool Haylo, Sounds like a Mini-Game from the Generation Game (Don't know if you've ever seen that) but that's awesome. :)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Please tell me someone has watched the Survivor episode from last night????
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member

I did. I personally think this was the best episode of the season so far to be honest.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    x_MG_x wrote: »

I did. I personally think this was the best episode of the season so far to be honest.

I did too! At first I thought it was going to be a simple vote, and then things quickly got complicated with idols/advantages and such. I was SUPER confused about the vote too. I had to listen to my usual podcast to see if they figured it out.
    Oh, and the Reward was so interesting! I love how they did that with the Spaghetti and taking turns and everything. It was great! I looove stuff like that.
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    x_MG_x wrote: »

I did too! At first I thought it was going to be a simple vote, and then things quickly got complicated with idols/advantages and such. I was SUPER confused about the vote too. I had to listen to my usual podcast to see if they figured it out.
    Oh, and the Reward was so interesting! I love how they did that with the Spaghetti and taking turns and everything. It was great! I looove stuff like that.

I thought it was a great episode but the tribal council was very disatisfying. I won't say who wentn home because of spoilers, but the result just didn't live up to the intense edit that the rest of the episode had. I really hope the person who got voted out gets a second chance somehow.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Guys! Great news! The 'Meet the Castaways' video of my Simvivor series is out! Here's it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjdABZlAfJA

Please feel free to leave feedback, good or bad, or comment your favorites/opinions! I'd really appreciate it!
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Guys! Great news! The 'Meet the Castaways' video of my Simvivor series is out! Here's it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjdABZlAfJA

Please feel free to leave feedback, good or bad, or comment your favorites/opinions! I'd really appreciate it!

Woo, made using Sims 2!! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    recap10-expeditierobinson-2017.jpg?resize=1009%2C448
    ER2017-E10-0010.png

@Tigerblu11 @HayloHusky @ninjakid150

This Challenge was also used on the Australian Survivor right?
    Banner.png
  • Options
    ER2017-E10-0010.png

Yeah this year it was. They had to pull out specific pegs but still stay standing.
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    ER2017-E10-0010.png

Yeah this year it was. They had to pull out specific pegs but still stay standing.

Yay, so it is! :) Interesting to see challenges cross over on different editions of the Robinson/Survivor format. The challenge was like a week ago here and then I read a comment of someone claiming it was from Aus Survivor so I got curious... :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    ER2017-E10-0010.png

Yay, so it is! :) Interesting to see challenges cross over on different editions of the Robinson/Survivor format. The challenge was like a week ago here and then I read a comment of someone claiming it was from Aus Survivor so I got curious... :)

Woah! That looks uber cool. Definitely a creative idea. So what, every 10 minutes they have to take out one peg, until eventually they're only holding on by a few? I like it. Combines strategy with endurance... I wish American Survivor would do something like that, most of their challenges post-merge are just straight endurance. I'd love to see them mix it up with something like this.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Just as a sidenote: I don't think the Simmy Awards will be happening this year since not much happened in our community. :p A lot of shows started but soon faded... I don't think there's enough material to go off of, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    (Not that it will be missed much anyway, lol)
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Such a pity that our community is not as active as it was years ago. I guess everyone's just having a really hectic life to deal with.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Such a pity that our community is not as active as it was years ago. I guess everyone's just having a really hectic life to deal with.

That's exactly it. I know that if I was able to have more time to do things, I would LOVE to host a show and get some more life in our community. But my life is, as you said, and as most of us here: Hectic >.<
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I wouldn't say my life is hectic, or really even terribly busy, but hosting a show is QUITE a bit of work. Taking the pictures alone takes a lot of time, and then writing it all too, plus making the challenges, planning stuff, etc.
    It adds up quickly, especially when you consider we're not getting paid to do any of this. :lol:
  • Options
    ER2017-E10-0010.png

Woah! That looks uber cool. Definitely a creative idea. So what, every 10 minutes they have to take out one peg, until eventually they're only holding on by a few? I like it. Combines strategy with endurance... I wish American Survivor would do something like that, most of their challenges post-merge are just straight endurance. I'd love to see them mix it up with something like this.

Not sure if the Australian challenge played it the same, the Dutch one has the host next to some kind of flipover book with a number on each page, the peg with that number is the one to be removed. They only had a short amount of time (1 minute?, can't really remember if that was specified) to remove the peg, so as the challenge went by and eventually only 1 peg was left, it became endurance.

Robinson did have a very creative post-merge challenge last year though, first they had to search a swamp for ladder parts, then they had to build a ladder to a hanging sausage. The last person with all ladder pieces was out. They then had to bite off pieces of the sausage (no hands allowed) and bring them to their plate. Person who gots closest to a certain weight won immunity.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    ChocoCub wrote: »

That's exactly it. I know that if I was able to have more time to do things, I would LOVE to host a show and get some more life in our community. But my life is, as you said, and as most of us here: Hectic >.<

More life in our community would be fantastic, but at least we've been relatively constant for awhile. A few fresh new faces to liven things up would be most ideal, but sadly we don't get many recruits nowadays. Maybe that's what we need to do; start actively recruiting people. XD Everyone has to find one new person to join Haylo's next show, hehehe.
    (speaking of which, what kind of show WOULD you do?)
  • Options
    I wouldn't say my life is hectic, or really even terribly busy, but hosting a show is QUITE a bit of work. Taking the pictures alone takes a lot of time, and then writing it all too, plus making the challenges, planning stuff, etc.
    It adds up quickly, especially when you consider we're not getting paid to do any of this. :lol:

Playing also takes it's fair bit of time too. :/ For Jetset it was the case of not enough interest from players to play on. Though I'm not fully sure if I could handle hosting this moment, school lifehas been more busy than ever for me. :c
    Banner.png
  • Options
    ER2017-E10-0010.png

Not sure if the Australian challenge played it the same, the Dutch one has the host next to some kind of flipover book with a number on each page, the peg with that number is the one to be removed. They only had a short amount of time (1 minute?, can't really remember if that was specified) to remove the peg, so as the challenge went by and eventually only 1 peg was left, it became endurance.

Robinson did have a very creative post-merge challenge last year though, first they had to search a swamp for ladder parts, then they had to build a ladder to a hanging sausage. The last person with all ladder pieces was out. They then had to bite off pieces of the sausage (no hands allowed) and bring them to their plate. Person who gots closest to a certain weight won immunity.

That was the same for the Australian version. Except it wasn't a flip book, it was like a weird contraption that he pulled bits of wood out of with numbers on it XD Same deal though :P Though it was a game for 4 people and it didn't come to endurance if I remember, it was just awkward pulling and hanging on that got them all out XD