Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    Just checking in here. * pokes @AuroraLockwood and @pronterus *

Might get to reading later :)
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @AuroraLockwood Woot woot!
    This week's questions are largely based on chapters I and II. Speaking of, here's Chapter II! https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/chapters/chapter-ii-the-other/

Questions are in the spoiler :blush:
    Now, keep in mind, I know it's very early in these actual chapters, so it might be kinda hard to answer some of these questions. Please bear with me. :)
    Section 1: Dr. Allen

What are some of your thoughts (if any) on Dr. Allen?

Do you like seeing things from his perspective?

How does he compare with Alexander? (What are some of the similarities or differences?)

What do you think of the Other? After the second chapter, can you tell when each is speaking?

Section 2: Loose Ends

How do you feel about the Prologue's end? (I understand I didn't tie up all loose ends.)

What are some things you still want to know about?

Section 3: Miscellany

What is your favorite character? Have your opinions changed over the course of the story?

Is there anything I did well? Anything I could improve on?

Do you have any fan theories (not that you have to be a fan to have a theory :p ) Please share them!

Ask me any questions you have!
    Section 1:

No major thoughts so far other than I'm slightly considering renaming the thread to those who write about vampires :tongue: In seriousness though I'm definitely intrigued by him. I don't know what to make on him just yet but I definitely want to see more.

I would say he'se a bit more interesting to me than Alexander, mostly simply as a result of him being a bit stranger. He's been brought back from the dead, he has an accent, and he's involved with something called the ward case. All in all a nice recipe to make him stand out as someone who I'm interested to learn more about whereas with Alexander in the prologue the intrigue was more around the overall situation rather than Alexander himself. So I guess for comparison I'd simply say it feels more character driven than story driven in relation to the previous chapters.

So far I haven't had any issue telling the pairs dialogue apart. No real opinions on him so far though as I haven't really seen enough yet to judge.

Section 2:

I'm fine with how the prologue ended just because I assume any loose ends will eventually be followed up on by the main story.

As mentioned right now most of my curiosity is around the new characters. Though I am interested to see how the plot lines from the prologue eventually tie into the core story.

Section 3:

Dr. Allan has shot up to being my favorite character as you can probably guess. Obviously my opinion changed considering my favorite from the prologue was Bliss.

As always you've done very well at creating intrigue. Every chapter I read gives me just enough to grab my interest while leaving things strange and unknown enough that I want to read more to find out where it's going.

I'm not much of one for theories. I prefer to just follow a story and see where it goes rather than trying to guess what's going to happen.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @AuroraLockwood Woot woot!
    This week's questions are largely based on chapters I and II. Speaking of, here's Chapter II! https://rendorasims.wordpress.com/chapters/chapter-ii-the-other/

Questions are in the spoiler :blush:
    Now, keep in mind, I know it's very early in these actual chapters, so it might be kinda hard to answer some of these questions. Please bear with me. :)

How does he compare with Alexander? (What are some of the similarities or differences?)

What do you think of the Other? After the second chapter, can you tell when each is speaking?

How do you feel about the Prologue's end? (I understand I didn't tie up all loose ends.)

What is your favorite character? Have your opinions changed over the course of the story?

Do you have any fan theories (not that you have to be a fan to have a theory :p ) Please share them!

Ask me any questions you have!
    Section 1:

No major thoughts so far other than I'm slightly considering renaming the thread to those who write about vampires :tongue: In seriousness though I'm definitely intrigued by him. I don't know what to make on him just yet but I definitely want to see more.

I would say he'se a bit more interesting to me than Alexander, mostly simply as a result of him being a bit stranger. He's been brought back from the dead, he has an accent, and he's involved with something called the ward case. All in all a nice recipe to make him stand out as someone who I'm interested to learn more about whereas with Alexander in the prologue the intrigue was more around the overall situation rather than Alexander himself. So I guess for comparison I'd simply say it feels more character driven than story driven in relation to the previous chapters.

So far I haven't had any issue telling the pairs dialogue apart. No real opinions on him so far though as I haven't really seen enough yet to judge.

Section 2:

I'm fine with how the prologue ended just because I assume any loose ends will eventually be followed up on by the main story.

As mentioned right now most of my curiosity is around the new characters. Though I am interested to see how the plot lines from the prologue eventually tie into the core story.

Section 3:

Dr. Allan has shot up to being my favorite character as you can probably guess. Obviously my opinion changed considering my favorite from the prologue was Bliss.

As always you've done very well at creating intrigue. Every chapter I read gives me just enough to grab my interest while leaving things strange and unknown enough that I want to read more to find out where it's going.

I'm not much of one for theories. I prefer to just follow a story and see where it goes rather than trying to guess what's going to happen.

Thank you so much for finally getting back to me! Oh, and I'm glad you like Dr. Allen. All I will say about him is that you've met him before - but you probably already figured that out. :tongue:

>I find him a very intriguing character, and I'm looking forward to how he'll act in future chapters.

>His perspective is the one that has caught my attention the most so far.

>For now, I really can't tell.

>It's fine, and seeing how the story has just started, I don't have many questions yet.

>Probably Dr. Allen so far. I like his old way of talking.

>Nothing that I could think of. Everything looks good.

>I don't have any for now :lol:
    pronterus wrote: »

>I find him a very intriguing character, and I'm looking forward to how he'll act in future chapters.

>His perspective is the one that has caught my attention the most so far.

>For now, I really can't tell.

>It's fine, and seeing how the story has just started, I don't have many questions yet.

>Probably Dr. Allen so far. I like his old way of talking.

>Nothing that I could think of. Everything looks good.

>I don't have any for now :lol:

Awesome! I really can't wait to get caught up on you guys's stories now!
    Here's something to keep the thread moving, we can share what we've been up to in our stories :)

So far, I created an outline for the third arc, but as I kept taking screenshots, I found out that I could use them for future chapters. And when I wrote those chapters in advance because my muse was high, I now find myself with a big gap between what I've already posted on the site and the future chapters I'm excited to share. Now I'm looking to fill up that huge gap I created and it's looking pretty great so far in my ideas pad. From one initial antagonist for this arc, I think I'm about to create a second one after brainstorming.
    Here's something to keep the thread moving, we can share what we've been up to in our stories :)

So far, I created an outline for the third arc, but as I kept taking screenshots, I found out that I could use them for future chapters. And when I wrote those chapters in advance because my muse was high, I now find myself with a big gap between what I've already posted on the site and the future chapters I'm excited to share. Now I'm looking to fill up that huge gap I created and it's looking pretty great so far in my ideas pad. From one initial antagonist for this arc, I think I'm about to create a second one after brainstorming.

That sounds great! Currently, I've been thinking about other projects, so Shadows is (hopefully, temporarily) on the back burner.
    What I've been up to..... not much since I've been on break from it :tongue: but thankfully that's over now as the newest chapter is now out for my story and my brief hiatus is finally over (PS I hate writers block)

Chapter 20- Even Though

ch20pg4.png
    @15aewar
    Sorry I'm late with this but as the week shifts again the story of the week is now @Pronterus - Undead With Benefits
    Before I add questions, what part are you guys in the story now?

@pronterus I'm still horribly behind since I spent most of the last week and a half sorting out ideas for my story. I'm currently on chapter 7 though I'm planning to start trying to read at least one or two chapters a day until I finally get caught up.

I haven't budged from Chapter 4.3...I'm kinda a binge reader.

What if we try to make it through Chapter 10?
    All right, I'll probably make up some questions later tonight. :)
    Here are the questions for this week! I'll keep the questions related to the first arc for now.
    1. Which character are you most interested in so far?

2. What do you think about the characters' pasts that have been revealed?
    3. How's the world-building in my story? What do you think?
    4. Which chapter do you like the most in this arc?
    5. What do you think the Don's real motive might be?

That's all I can think of for now.
    Here are the questions for this week! I'll keep the questions related to the first arc for now.

I will answer those tomorrow once I finish the arc.

Sweet! I have a silly question, though: What do you consider to be an arc? A set of chapters?

Sweet! I have a silly question, though: What do you consider to be an arc? A set of chapters?

An arc is a set of chapters that is one whole storyline which is part of a larger series. :)

An arc is a set of chapters that is one whole storyline which is part of a larger series. :)

I thought each chapter was an entire storyline :confused:

If it helps:

A chapter is generally a single scene. It rarely tells an entire story on it's own but instead shows a entire momet. A chapter can be an arc on it's own but it depends on how it is written.

An arc is the next step up and basically is a mini story within the context of the larger story. Anime are a common example of this. For example in one of my favorite anime One Piece which focuses around the journey of a pirate crew the overall story is about the crews journey through the world's greatest ocean, an arc would be a the crew's adventure on a particular island and the enclosed story at that location which is only a small part of the overall story of the show as a whole. However not all stories have arcs it just depends on how the story is written. Something like my story for example doesn't really have arcs since things continue into each other without any parts really being self contained.
    Is the story of how Park arrived considered an arc? The entire first or second chapter?
    (The thing that's throwing me off is the decimal points.)

If it helps:

A chapter is generally a single scene. It rarely tells an entire story on it's own but instead shows a entire momet. A chapter can be an arc on it's own but it depends on how it is written.

An arc is the next step up and basically is a mini story within the context of the larger story. Anime are a common example of this. For example in one of my favorite anime One Piece which focuses around the journey of a pirate crew the overall story is about the crews journey through the world's greatest ocean, an arc would be a the crew's adventure on a particular island and the enclosed story at that location which is only a small part of the overall story of the show as a whole. However not all stories have arcs it just depends on how the story is written. Something like my story for example doesn't really have arcs since things continue into each other without any parts really being self contained.

Yup, I got the concept of arcs from the anime I watch, and that's how I wrote stories with my fellow roleplayers a long time ago.

So in the first arc, the whole story focuses on the Doc vs. the Pastor and his hunters. The second arc focuses on another villain, and so on.

@15aewar That's just a small part of the first arc. The decimal points are like my way of grouping chapters into sub-chapters.
    edited November 2017

If it helps:

Yup, I got the concept of arcs from the anime I watch, and that's how I wrote stories with my fellow roleplayers a long time ago.

So in the first arc, the whole story focuses on the Doc vs. the Pastor and his hunters. The second arc focuses on another villain, and so on.

@15aewar That's just a small part of the first arc. The decimal points are like my way of grouping chapters into sub-chapters.

In what chapter does the first arc end?

If it helps:

In what chapter does the first arc end?

It ends at Chapter 8.3. My chapters page has the arcs and chapters organized.
    edited November 2017
    @pronterus Now that I've finally finished my first arc, here are my answers!
    Definitely Doc. He's fascinating!
    They're pretty logical - and unexpected. Great job!
    I love it! I love all the little characters. I love their quirks, too!
    The second-to-last one. It wraps things up nicely!
    I'm not sure - although a couple theories come to mind.
    a. He's testing Don (Miguel). He's setting him up for many failures so that he can become a formidable leader when the time comes. He's grooming him to become the next Grand Archon so they can defeat the werewolves and the Guild once and for all. In the process, the Don will fulfill his role as a Paragon and rid the world of a relic of monarchism.
    b. Revenge on top of revenge. Miguel stole everything the Don has; he deserves to suffer.

Now I have some for you!
    How did you come up with the names for the archons?
    Is Archon Rembrandt named after the painter?
    Archon El HaShem also has an interesting name. Doesn't HaShem mean G-d?