Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

80's Stuff Pack (***Concept Art*** Renders) UPDATED 1/23/2020

Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
edited August 2022 in Build/Buy Custom Content
Hi everyone! Since I am obsessed with the 1980's I wanted to create an 80's themed stuff pack concept! I will be creating several different renders of different clothing styles and different objects that will be used in the pack. Feel free to give me ideas and feedback. I hope you like it! :)<3 (P.s. I was born in the 97. If I get anything wrong about the era sorry but I tried really hard.)

Concept Art NO DOWNLOAD I am not a content creator, I tried to make this but I just couldn't figure it out...

Arcade Girl

tumblr_ozfamsYfhF1tcw5z8o1_540.png
Madonna Fan
DOpX_OJVwAAs2bP.jpg:large
Popular Boy
DOubXMoUQAAYUM4.jpg:large
Pack Cover Art
DOukgc3VwAAxMVj.jpg:large
tumblr_p0ietvIDzd1tcw5z8o1_1280.png
tumblr_p6zit7HRic1tcw5z8o1_1280.png
tumblr_p6zit7HRic1tcw5z8o2_1280.png
DwpM-TqV4AEtZmA.jpg:large
DwkRI9_VYAACmJT.jpg:large
tumblr_pncuz39Ox01tcw5z8o1_r3_1280.png
tumblr_pncuz39Ox01tcw5z8o2_r3_1280.png
tumblr_psnf1xxtVJ1tcw5z8o1_1280.png
NEW
75907f82fe0920f1976cfd5ada7759f6abf5246a.png

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited November 2017
    Haha I was thinking about asking for a stuff pack like that these days. Specially after this video about generic 80's stuff I wachted. Nobody can deny the 80's sounds sooo fun (you know, excluding economic breaks and some diseases)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlfK51tN-xo
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Omg i want! I love the style
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Your renders as always are amazing! I would buy an 80's pack in a heartbeat.
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    This is so cool, also they may want to use some of the ideas from the poll we voted too! I’d love to see some arcade stuff and that jacket is so on point LOVE IT!
  • SisselinSisselin Posts: 150 Member
    The blonde girls hair is to die for! On the other hands so is everything else in the renders! <3
    Get my cc and follow me on tumblr here https://sisselin.tumblr.com/tagged/my cc
    tumblr_p44az47wrF1wvxve9o10_r1_1280.png
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Sisselin wrote: »
    The blonde girls hair is to die for! On the other hands so is everything else in the renders! <3

I’m actually going to release her hair soon ;)
    Pack Cover Art
    DOukgc3VwAAxMVj.jpg:large
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I love that stuff. The Sims has been all for basing their clothes around time periods before.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited November 2017
    What about an 80s tube tv? :)
    I always wanted a more old fashioned TV for TS4. TS3 had some of them...
    4311374824_1521c61ddd_b.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    What about an 80s tube tv? :)
    I always wanted a more old fashioned TV for TS4. TS3 had some of them...
    4311374824_1521c61ddd_b.jpg

I’ve always wanted on in game too! :)
  • ysa88ysa88 Posts: 260 Member
    Omg I love this. The teens on the cover remind me so much of Stranger Things. Considering how popular that show is, I imagine this kind of pack would really sell. Lots of great clothing, hair, fun makeup and a mix of homely decor and tacky stuff.
    simblr

ea id: ysa_88
  • Emerald_SimmerEmerald_Simmer Posts: 37 Member
    I love this pack idea! 80's nostalgia is really big right now so I think this would be prefect.
    ysa88 wrote: »
    Omg I love this. The teens on the cover remind me so much of Stranger Things. Considering how popular that show is, I imagine this kind of pack would really sell. Lots of great clothing, hair, fun makeup and a mix of homely decor and tacky stuff.

I want some goose decor for my kitchens! For example:

2.bp.blogspot.com/_d4m2Txz0O_k/SiNiBXO3VHI/AAAAAAAADeY/3QGKLZTxAac/s1600-h/goose+jar.jpg

• paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've always loved 80s nostalgia even if I'm a 90s kid, but as well why can't we shove a stuff pack of various things not just from the 80s but the decades between the 1950s-1990s? :smiley:
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Great picks.

Not really a fan of the 80's in the sims 3 and not sure if I would like it any more with the sims 4 to be honest.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Spidergirl1979Spidergirl1979 Posts: 35 Member
    I'm dying. These outfits are amazing.
  • SaritoBurritoSaritoBurrito Posts: 11 New Member
    Ahh the hair! I love. <3
  • CrmelsimloverCrmelsimlover Posts: 65 Member
    I love the hair, too. I'd totally download that for an 80's vibe in my game. :)
    lKb34rE.png
    A calm sea never made a skillful mariner.

• RacroesRacroesRacroesRacroes Posts: 5 New Member
    If you want some 80's ideas, watch stranger things <3
  • tylermay209tylermay209 Posts: 7 New Member
    This is a fantastic idea! Great timing as well, with the popularity of Stranger Things and the 1980's grunge aesthetic that the show primarily based on.

I'd love to see some 1980s furniture in the game, especially kitchen cabinets/appliances and bathroom fixtures.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited November 2017
    I would love a 80's pack heck, even a 90's pack to go with it. Too bad the one in the Sims 3 was so disappointing as there was so many styles at the time and hairdo's that weren't made for it.

Those renders makes me have a needy want for something like that along with retro arcades or just smaller ARCADES PERIOD. One in Get Together is just way too big. D: Makes me sad we couldn't get that Arcade stuff pack since many voted on laundry. Bleh.

Would like to see the return of some older big tv's in a stuff pack like that.

The blonde sim reminds me so much of Madonna's fashion at the time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MCParradoxMCParradox Posts: 3 New Member
    I love those renders! The blond girl especially hits the 80s vibe right on the head! I'd love a full on 80s pack with building pieces, furniture etc... And of course a tonne of 80s fashion pieces!
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited November 2017
    Just some input since I grew up in the 80's. The first one , We did not really dress like that. Full length side part hair is more the early 90's. The second pic is more pop look . People who were into Madonna dressed like that. Punk would have been more mohawk and shaved head hairstyles, allot of plaid and safety pin and zipper type of clothing. Dr. marten and creeper shoes. Boys would not have worn skinny jeans unless they were into Metal, Goth, hair band music or punk. The skinny jeans boys wore were usually always black. I had male friends that wore woman skinny jeans. They did not make male skinny jeans that I can remember. These are not people that would have worn members only type jackets.
    Just some input since I grew up in the 80's. The first one , We did not really dress like that. Full length side part hair is more the early 90's. The second pic is more pop look . People who were into Madonna dressed like that. Punk would have been more mohawk and shaved head hairstyles, allot of plaid and safety pin and zipper type of clothing. Dr. marten and creeper shoes. Boys would not have worn skinny jeans unless they were into Metal, Goth, hair band music or punk. The skinny jeans boys wore were usually always black. I had male friends that wore woman skinny jeans. They did not make male skinny jeans that I can remember. These are not people that would have worn members only type jackets.

I was born in 97 so I wouldn't even know how they exactly dressed. I just took inspo from movies and music videos. The guy was actually based on Steve from stranger things, that is how he dressed and I wanted it to look like him.
    I based the "punk" girl off of Madonna actually. I just called her punk because of the leather jacked. I did not mean to mis lable her. I guess I could call her pop girl?...
    Thank you for letting me know though, I'll use this to make it more authentic.
    Dreagen1 wrote: »

I was born in 97 so I wouldn't even know how they exactly dressed. I just took inspo from movies and music videos. The guy was actually based on Steve from stranger things, that is how he dressed and I wanted it to look like him.
    I based the "punk" girl off of Madonna actually. I just called her punk because of the leather jacked. I did not mean to mis lable her. I guess I could call her pop girl?...
    Thank you for letting me know though, I'll use this to make it more authentic.

Your younger than my son :p I have not watched stranger things but I hear it's good. I hear Sean Austin is in it and I love the Goonies.

Girls who were into Madonna dressed like your Punk girl. Not everyone dressed like that .They wore different kind of boots though, they were more like granny boots. We had allot of pointy shoes back then.

If you really want authentic 80's, allot of the clothes were based on music. Ill make a list for you for music videos to watch.

Desperately Seeking Susan was a Madonna movie if you have not seen that. The movie Breakin . People who break dance back then had their own look and clothing. The breakfast club and 16 candles if you want more teen looks. Molly Ringwald had her own look going on in the 80s

I have to think about this. It's been 30 + years. ;)
    edited December 2017
    @Dreagen1 I got to watch some of Stranger Things. I do not feel like I am emersed in the 80's. It's kind of a mash of 1970's looks. Even the furniture and house is more 1970's. I noticed in the second episode season 1 Nancy is wearing an authentic 80's top. The V neck stripe top with the puffy shoulders. They probably found that in a thrift store. We wore stuff like that in the early 80's. around 1981- 1982. The first season is supposed to be 1983. 1983 started the movie Flashdance . Off the shoulder sweatshirts were big then. I like the hair on your sim better than Steve's. I don't like Steve's hair. My son makes fun of Steve's hair and he likes the show. I don't know if they are trying to go for a Jason Patric look from 1987 lost boys movie mixed in with the wrong clothing. I looked up the creators of the show , They were born in 1984 so they would not have grown up in the 80's . That's a problem for me since I did grow up then and I know it was nothing really like what they are putting in this show.

Popular boys back in 1983 would have looked more like Matt Dillon in movies Little Darlings, Tex.

The movie Valley Girl also came out in 1983. Frank Zappa's song Valley Girl was also popular back then.

1983 movie Flashdance

also I double checked this fact. The Mullet or bi-level hair cut was popular then . Not something you want to bring back :p

I'm still thinking about this

My feeling is if you want to go with authentic 80's separate that from stranger things. Do a separate pack for stranger things.
    Post edited by phoebebebe13 on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top