Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best expansion packs for The Sims 3?

SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
Hey :)

I picked up a Sims 3 code around a year ago, but i've never really played it. Now i'm about to get a proper gaming PC that can support this game being installed alongside my much loved Sims 4 and Sims 2, so i'm excited to get going with it when I get my new PC. I have searched the web and have so far bought TS3 Pets, Seasons and Generations.

I'm hoping that some experienced Sims 3 players could point me in the direction of the best packs?!

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    It depends what you like doing in the game. World Adventures has loads of gameplay but not everyone’s a fan of that one. University is really expanding the experience imo, Supernatural, Late Night. Ambitions if you like open careers (not completely comparable to GTW but it is very lineair; some like that, others don’t.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited November 2017
    Both Late Night and University Life are packs that help flesh out your sims' lives and I think they're worth a look. I especially like Late Night for things like the professional bars and the musical instruments. UL is great for the fun items it adds. I use objects from it constantly even though it's been a while since any of my sims went to Uni. I put a bowling alley in every town! Both are very well done packs that can be incorporated into just about any game easily.

Also worth mentioning is Supernatural, if you're interested in bringing that element to your game. It's a very well done and very robust feeling pack. But it is kind of niche. So unless you just love the idea of supernatural themed gameplay, I'd say cover the basics first with something like UL or LN.

(EDIT: I will say that Supernatural is probably my favorite TS3 pack, but that's because I love fantasy style gameplay.)
    Post edited by GabbyGirlJ on
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    I really liked university and world adventures. World adventures have tons of exploring to do and I still haven’t done all the possibilities in all these years.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited November 2017
    Thank you all for recommendations,. I have kind of gone over the top. In addition to Seasons, Pets and Generations which I had already bought, I've bought myself University Life, World Adventures, Supernatural, Showtime and Late Night... it is my birthday soon so that's fine.. I guess?! I have to justify it to myself somehow!

The only ones i'm missing are Ambitions, Island Paradise and Into the Future. I don't even have my PC to play it on yet but I know i'm going to love the open world! Super excited, TS3 is the only one I haven't played yet. I grew up with TS1, I bought TS2 when I was at University around 2012/13 and then got back into it with the ultimate collection. I bought TS4 at launch and have been playing it since. Can't wait to fill in the missing chapter that is TS3.