Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog Is Afraid of Something...

Comments

• SpiralSpineSpiralSpine Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a cat & a dog who both went through this phase of always being scared. It made me feel so bad!
    I instructed my dog to "Be Nice To...." (From "Friendly" category) then selected my cat from the pop-up window. They played together for a bit then the scared thing was gone by the following Sim-day.
    They have not been scared since. No idea if this will help anyone, but it's worth a try!
  • pajamajam07pajamajam07 Posts: 314 Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm also having this issue with my dog. It started after I took him to the vet. Then I think he was scared of the tv, then the vacuum, then the shower, then the stove. I THINK there's a glitch with too many fears and also being stuck uncomfortable. I tested to see if it only happened after the vet by adding a cat to my household. She was fine at first, but is perpetually uncomfortable after giving her a wellness treat...

Edit:a word
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes @Dojan thanks so much for the workaround. You made the game playable again
  • CassiPieCassiPie Posts: 1 New Member
    This fixed it for me!!! Thank you so much!!!

> @Dojan said:
    > > @LammashtaOtaku said:
    > > I have tried resetting the dog but it didn't fix the issue. Is there any other cheat to disable negative moodlets? Even though they're not visible on pets, I bet the issue is being caused by a hidden uncomfortable moodlet.
    >
    > You gave me an idea, so I gave it a shot, and I did find a workable solution. I posted it in the answer HQ but I can copy-paste it here.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.
    >
    > 1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    > 2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    > 3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    > 4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975
    >
    > What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.
    >
    > This will clear all the moodlets from your pet and they'll stop whining. Hopefully they'll fix this soon though.
    >
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    CassiPie wrote: »
    This fixed it for me!!! Thank you so much!!!

> @Dojan said:
    > > I have tried resetting the dog but it didn't fix the issue. Is there any other cheat to disable negative moodlets? Even though they're not visible on pets, I bet the issue is being caused by a hidden uncomfortable moodlet.
    >
    > You gave me an idea, so I gave it a shot, and I did find a workable solution. I posted it in the answer HQ but I can copy-paste it here.
    >
    > ---
    >
    > To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.
    >
    > 1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    > 2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    > 3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    > 4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975
    >
    > What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.
    >
    > This will clear all the moodlets from your pet and they'll stop whining. Hopefully they'll fix this soon though.
    >

It is good that doing the workaround has helped with the issue in your game :)
  • LammashtaOtakuLammashtaOtaku Posts: 64 Member
    Dojan wrote: »
    >

You gave me an idea, so I gave it a shot, and I did find a workable solution. I posted it in the answer HQ but I can copy-paste it here.

---

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

Thank you! I tried fiddling with that remove_all_buffs cheat, but I wasn't aware that it could be applied to non-selectable sims by using the Sim ID. I'm going to try that right away!
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    Thanks to whoever posted the work around. :) You do not know how frustrating it was to keep hearing the dog whine and be upset about almost everything. I took my dog to the vet at least twice. First time it was for a daily check up and she was fine... Then I got her sprayed and she had to wear the cone on. For a few hours after she stop wearing the cone she was back to her normal self, so I went to another family house to play and made that house hold become a veterinarian.

The same household that I was currently playing as came to visit the vet and the sim vet that I was playing founded the name of what was going on with the my other family's dog. However there was No Treatment option for the said sickness. Resulting in me having no choice but to force the cone of shame on the pet to make her feel better.

Ever since she wore that thing a second time, because there were no treatment for her illness. The dog was not happy and always responded about how she was afraid of something. This had went on for more than 2 sim weeks... I am glad I am not the only one who is dealing with this issue and happy that there is a temporarily workaround... I was about to delete the dog and re-put her back in.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • NightCattyNightCatty Posts: 1 New Member
    Same here. Every cats and dogs just afraid of something! Without any reason. >:C
  • Space_BubblesSpace_Bubbles Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! new member here, since I can't make my own thread I wanted to try on this one since it's a little familiar problem I have with my dog in the new Sims 4.
    Here we go!
    First, my dog got sick and took it to the vet and got cured. Then I came back to my homelot, my dog started fainting (i think) constantly. I can't ask "what's wrong?" or take it to the vet again. I have also tried to fill needs with testingcheats in case he was sleepy, but that didn't help either. Have anyone had something like this or maybe an answer?
    Hi! new member here, since I can't make my own thread I wanted to try on this one since it's a little familiar problem I have with my dog in the new Sims 4.
    Here we go!
    First, my dog got sick and took it to the vet and got cured. Then I came back to my homelot, my dog started fainting (i think) constantly. I can't ask "what's wrong?" or take it to the vet again. I have also tried to fill needs with testingcheats in case he was sleepy, but that didn't help either. Have anyone had something like this or maybe an answer?

Hello @Space_Bubbles
    Doing what is in this link post will remove all moodlets, It may help to fix what is wrong with your dog
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16151500/#Comment_16151500
  • sassygray5sassygray5 Posts: 546 Member
    Same here! I have three dogs and I fed each of them a wellness treat. Ever since they have been constantly "afraid" and do not cheer up no matter what I do. Poor puppies! Makes me so sad to see their constantly red backgrounds with nothing I can do to fix it. They've been that way for multiple days and on different lots.
    sassygray5 wrote: »
    Same here! I have three dogs and I fed each of them a wellness treat. Ever since they have been constantly "afraid" and do not cheer up no matter what I do. Poor puppies! Makes me so sad to see their constantly red backgrounds with nothing I can do to fix it. They've been that way for multiple days and on different lots.

Hello
    Try doing the workaround in this link post and see if that helps your issue
  • Janz_SelanJanz_Selan Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Dojan said:
    >
    >
    > ---
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Thx
  • snollersnoller Posts: 10 New Member
    Hi, due to my rank status I can't post my own thred.

I do have a bug problem (I think) with Cats and Dogs. Apart from my pets constantly getting sick, they throw up EVERYWHERE!! It's really annoying. When I go to lots in the different cities, there's puke and pee everywhere. Is there a mod or something that can prevent this or quickly clean up? It takes a million years for my simmers to clean up and they get very uncomftorble. Pleeeeease help :(
    snoller wrote: »
    Hi, due to my rank status I can't post my own thred.

I do have a bug problem (I think) with Cats and Dogs. Apart from my pets constantly getting sick, they throw up EVERYWHERE!! It's really annoying. When I go to lots in the different cities, there's puke and pee everywhere. Is there a mod or something that can prevent this or quickly clean up? It takes a million years for my simmers to clean up and they get very uncomftorble. Pleeeeease help :(

Hello
    When your sim arrives at a lot like that, have them stay there for a few minutes, then have them travel to another lot. Then have them travel back to the original lot and the mess may have been cleared.
  • Afiig1993Afiig1993 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Dojan;c-16151500"]> @LammashtaOtaku said:
    > I have tried resetting the dog but it didn't fix the issue. Is there any other cheat to disable negative moodlets? Even though they're not visible on pets, I bet the issue is being caused by a hidden uncomfortable moodlet.

You gave me an idea, so I gave it a shot, and I did find a workable solution. I posted it in the answer HQ but I can copy-paste it here.

---

To get rid of the moodlet (permanently, until the next time you trigger the bug again) follow these steps.

1. Enable testing cheats by opening the console (Control+Shift+C and typing in testingcheats on)
    2. Get the SimID by the pet affected by the bug by typing in the command sims.get_sim_id_by_name FirstNameofPet LastNameofPet
    3. Write down the sim ID written in the console, it'll be a 19 character long string
    4. Remove all moodlets from your pet by typing in sims.remove_all_buffs SimID, e.g. sims.remove_all_buffs 1052442116385935975

What you can do is open up notepad or something in a small window above the game and then type down the SimID there, provided you play in windowed full-screen or windowed mode, and not actual full-screen. You can then copy-paste (Control-C, Control V) the SimID once into the console.

This will clear all the moodlets from your pet and they'll stop whining. Hopefully they'll fix this soon though.
    [/quote]

Well I did try this and it told me no sim found....and I'm like what? What did I do wrong?
  • RowanRowan Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Hverkys said:
    > Same here I tried creating a different family with a new dog and it didnt do it however first dog I created was doing this also. I know mine was fine before I got it spayed ever since then its always uncomfortable

I made two cats and after the vet they were also constantly afraid or uncomfortable. I did move house, did not seem to work, however what seems to calm them is bringing them the squeaky mouse toy. So maybe this works the same for dogs. Buying them a squeaky toy and bring it to them to play with it, cause with my cats they immediately go back to feeling 'fine'. Also I do kinda feel the new house helped a tiny bit though, they seem to calm down more frequently.
    Rowan wrote: »
    > @Hverkys said:
    > Same here I tried creating a different family with a new dog and it didnt do it however first dog I created was doing this also. I know mine was fine before I got it spayed ever since then its always uncomfortable

I made two cats and after the vet they were also constantly afraid or uncomfortable. I did move house, did not seem to work, however what seems to calm them is bringing them the squeaky mouse toy. So maybe this works the same for dogs. Buying them a squeaky toy and bring it to them to play with it, cause with my cats they immediately go back to feeling 'fine'. Also I do kinda feel the new house helped a tiny bit though, they seem to calm down more frequently.

Hello
    Welcome to the forums :)
    It is helpful to know what helped with this issue in your game.
  • josh_sjosh_s Posts: 1 New Member
    > @TheSimsBoi13 said:
    > I don't know if it's a bug or if there's something that I am not understanding, but I have a dog who has the Loyal, Friendly & Friendly traits. He keeps showing as "uncomfortable." When I ask the dog what's wrong, a pop-up comes up saying that he's afraid of something and that he needs time to calm down. Well, sim days go by and he's still afraid of something. He is like this no matter where he is... the home lot, a different lot and even Granite Falls. I don't know what to do. I have cleared the cache. I have repaired the game.
    >
    > Anyone else having this issue?

I THINK IVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!! Okay so I've had this problem since the game came out and it's been so incredibly annoying. This is def a bug and I've contacted EA about it... I sent my cat to the vet and she's been terrified ever since. I tried to give her a lot of hugs and love. I tried to give her the wellness treat and I even tried to make her sick again. however! I did find a solution that helped me, personally. I gave up my cat for adoption and the second she was gone I called to adopt a cat, and adopted her back again. She has been happy ever since. I really hope this is helpful to you guys too!!
    josh_s wrote: »
    > @TheSimsBoi13 said:
    > I don't know if it's a bug or if there's something that I am not understanding, but I have a dog who has the Loyal, Friendly & Friendly traits. He keeps showing as "uncomfortable." When I ask the dog what's wrong, a pop-up comes up saying that he's afraid of something and that he needs time to calm down. Well, sim days go by and he's still afraid of something. He is like this no matter where he is... the home lot, a different lot and even Granite Falls. I don't know what to do. I have cleared the cache. I have repaired the game.
    >
    > Anyone else having this issue?

I THINK IVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!! Okay so I've had this problem since the game came out and it's been so incredibly annoying. This is def a bug and I've contacted EA about it... I sent my cat to the vet and she's been terrified ever since. I tried to give her a lot of hugs and love. I tried to give her the wellness treat and I even tried to make her sick again. however! I did find a solution that helped me, personally. I gave up my cat for adoption and the second she was gone I called to adopt a cat, and adopted her back again. She has been happy ever since. I really hope this is helpful to you guys too!!

Hello
    If the issue occurs again in your game, try doing the workaround in this link post and see if that helps your issue
  • KDeicsKDeics Posts: 1 New Member
    I am finding this game to be unplayable! My dog was scared of everything so I did the workaround and now all her trained commands besides “shake” are gone, yet I can’t retrain her since she already knows them! If I send her away and readopt her, I can retrain her but her personality is completely different and it’s starting new every time the bug happens...

This is my second dog I’ve trained and raised because my first one was only able to “play fetch” and many of the other interactions were missing (I learned later since it was my first dog).

As I search the forum every time I have a bug, I am more discouraged with everyone’s issues and stories. Merrrrp.
    edited November 2017
    KDeics wrote: »
    I am finding this game to be unplayable! My dog was scared of everything so I did the workaround and now all her trained commands besides “shake” are gone, yet I can’t retrain her since she already knows them! If I send her away and readopt her, I can retrain her but her personality is completely different and it’s starting new every time the bug happens...

This is my second dog I’ve trained and raised because my first one was only able to “play fetch” and many of the other interactions were missing (I learned later since it was my first dog).

As I search the forum every time I have a bug, I am more discouraged with everyone’s issues and stories. Merrrrp.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues,
  • LilstarrLilstarr Posts: 16 Member
    > @KDeics said:
    > I am finding this game to be unplayable! My dog was scared of everything so I did the workaround and now all her trained commands besides “shake” are gone, yet I can’t retrain her since she already knows them! If I send her away and readopt her, I can retrain her but her personality is completely different and it’s starting new every time the bug happens...
    >
    > This is my second dog I’ve trained and raised because my first one was only able to “play fetch” and many of the other interactions were missing (I learned later since it was my first dog).
    >
    > As I search the forum every time I have a bug, I am more discouraged with everyone’s issues and stories. Merrrrp.

I had the same problem. The thing that worked for me was, I travelled to the dog park with my dog, and as soon as we arrived, all the missing trained commands and interactions were back. Hopefully that will work for you too. :)