Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
- Some simmers are confused with lack of clear UI indication (how do I know how long until my dog/cat ages up? How do I know what skills they have?) because you can't click on them.
- Some others are having AI issues, as their cats/dogs don't eat/sleep/poop on their own, so they have to issue orders for each of these.
- even others are finding the pet training/ befriending too easy.
- seen some complaints about the pet apocalypse in the new town. Too many strays.

Seems to me like outside of having to order your pet to satisfy their most primary needs (Which is a bug), the gameplay is being made needlessly clunky by bad UI decisions. It would be great if EA made a UI to display their age and skills (if they so wish to keep their needs secret from us).

extra issues from other people:
Rorosims wrote: »
Major problem for me:
1. Can't create strays to add to the game
2. Can't edit animal-only households once they are in the game

These two problems have one common cause. The game does not allow anything that are not coded as teens/YA/adults/elders to have their own independent household. And that is required for having a user-created stray-household.
Meltron2 wrote: »
Food bowls go missing sometimes.
Shades302 wrote: »
There is a fishing spot in Brindleton bay on the island that is backwards, sims fish on the land... LOL. There is also fish jumping out of the sand.. Yeah. Sandfish.
Gif. here. lol
https://i.gyazo.com/f9a17457d5d23126e73ab468ae64f7e2.mp4

https://i.gyazo.com/874074baeea70c9b79ac367f0e68ac68.mp4

BlueOvale wrote: »
My only bug so far is that my dog's coat seems to be missing some shaders.
He's very bright, almost glowing. I've only had one pet so far, I hope they won't all be like this.
Tanja1986 wrote: »
I don't know if this issue was already mentioned, but somehow all interactions are lagging, I call my pets they don' react, I try to pet a cat that does something else, like strays jumping on objects etc and it takes minutes for my Sim to have the interaction queued but never executed. Does anybody have this problem as well? I have all mods that i used updated right now. However I DO have CC like clothes, eyes, skins etc. Could these make trouble? If so why? it's just clothes etc right? Hair etc.
murmar15 wrote: »
I'm having a problem in Create a Pet where when I go to make a dog, it glitches out and makes this like grass background and I am not able to click anything. I took my mods out to see if that would fix it, but it is still happening. Any thoughts?
munchoz2 wrote: »
Oh and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this glitch either but I can't seem to place loveseats. They just disappear but then reappear once the game is restarted.
munchoz2 wrote: »
Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this... I have no mods, but have A TON of cc (something like 10Gb worth!). If I delete everything out of my mods folder, my Sim can pick up her pets just fine. If I put even one item in my mods folder (i.e., a painting...something pets wouldn't even interact with), then my Sim can't pick up her pets. I ran all of the Sims4Studio batch fixes, including the newest cats and dogs one, which did indeed fix other gameplay issues I was having but I can't seem to get this fixed. Repairing the game did not fix it. My Sim is living in a base game house so it isn't an issue with anything in the tray folder. Anybody have any ideas for fixing?

cherpar wrote: »
Also the teens homework is disappearing after travelling. The bowl is so annoying, been through so many already.

Kinda major issues on my end is mostly I wanna check the pets family tree and relationships ( I got the plum family tree app in one tab to keep track of my current household's cat generation ) and I wanna check out their age and traits in live mode than back and forth in CAS
-Dogs in the gyms and restaurants. We don’t need them there. We should have had a “no animals allowed lot trait” or a special door, or something to prevent animals from coming inside of some community lots.
-Dogs make a long pause before picking up the ball when playing fetch.
-The ball very obviously jumps into the dogs mouth
-When you choose “kiss” on a big dog ( haven’t played with small dogs yet) a hugging/playing animation plays instead.
Bambooram wrote: »
I'm having issues with no pet vs pet interaction... they just completely ignore each other.
Post edited by mirta000 on

Comments

• PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    -Dogs make a long pause before picking up the ball when playing fetch.
    -The ball very obviously jumps into the dogs mouth
    -When you choose “kiss” on a big dog ( haven’t played with small dogs yet) a hugging/playing animation plays instead.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    - Some simmers are confused with lack of clear UI indication (how do I know how long until my dog/cat ages up? How do I know what skills they have?) because you can't click on them.
    - Some others are having AI issues, as their cats/dogs don't eat/sleep/poop on their own, so they have to issue orders for each of these.
    - even others are finding the pet training/ befriending too easy.
    - seen some complaints about the pet apocalypse in the new town. Too many strays.

Seems to me like outside of having to order your pet to satisfy their most primary needs (Which is a bug), the gameplay is being made needlessly clunky by bad UI decisions. It would be great if EA made a UI to display their age and skills (if they so wish to keep their needs secret from us).

If you continue to tell the dogs to do stuff then they learn it and do it on they're own exp I feel you tell your dog to pee outside they learn how too.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

If you continue to tell the dogs to do stuff then they learn it and do it on they're own exp I feel you tell your dog to pee outside they learn how too.
    Maxis needs to improve the pets AI. My mom cat didn't eat for two days and my kitten hasn't slept for two days. The kitten hasn't slept at all, not even a cat nap.

This is what I'm talking about. I understand potty training in a specific place, or eating/ not eating specific things, however currently pets do just sometimes not take care of their most basic needs in ANY way until you direct them.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Do you guys have mods?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I only have a chesthair mod. And I have the same problems with the AI for the animals. They do not poop or eat on their own.
    Also, it's very annoying that I can't see how they're doing globally. My cat ran away 2 times now because there's no clear view.
    I think the animations and the whole aesthetic is pretty good, but there are (like we see) huge technical flaws..
  • Meltron2Meltron2 Posts: 70 Member
    How to make a veterinarian. Not a vet practice owner. Just a veterinarian?
    Meltron2 wrote: »
    How to make a veterinarian. Not a vet practice owner. Just a veterinarian?

you can't. you have to own a vet clinic.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

- Food bowls disappear after leaving the lot.
    Example: you buy a new shiny food bowl for your doggy, place it in the kitchen, leave the lot to go to a park/cafe/anywhere, you come back, and the bowl is gone and you have to buy a new one. As a result you end up spending a lot of money.
    @SimGuruNick I tested it without any mods. It's an actual in game bug.

• JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    Yeah! I can't wait to play!
  • JillieLunaJillieLuna Posts: 1,027 Member
    -Dogs in the gyms and restaurants. We don’t need them there. We should have had a “no animals allowed lot trait” or a special door, or something to prevent animals from coming inside of some community lots.

I thought the doors were supposed to have a Lock to Animals option. Is that not there? Haven't bought it yet so I haven't been able to test anything

• mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    It is possible that this iteration of pets does not even have needs:
    How can a cat not sleep for 3 days and not pass out and not eat for 2 days and not get any hunger warnings if they have needs? The intended functionality might be that they perform an animation ever so often without actually having the "need" (let's say that in code, a sims need is measured from 0 to 100, 0 being empty, 100 being full. I think that cats and dogs might not even have this measurement), however as they're currently not performing these animations on their own in some games, this becomes more apparent.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »

Maxis needs to improve the pets AI. My mom cat didn't eat for two days and my kitten hasn't slept for two days. The kitten hasn't slept at all, not even a cat nap.

This is what I'm talking about. I understand potty training in a specific place, or eating/ not eating specific things, however currently pets do just sometimes not take care of their most basic needs in ANY way until you direct them.

So much for pets being more atonomusae .
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    JillieLuna wrote: »

I thought the doors were supposed to have a Lock to Animals option. Is that not there? Haven't bought it yet so I haven't been able to test anything

There are 3 locks - one solely for cats, one solely for dogs & one for all pets. So if you don’t want pets coming into your restaurants or other establishments you can lock the doors.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    So would anyone recommend this expansion or is it too flawed with lots of bugs. Would Maxis release a patch quickly to fix any bugs or would we have to wait a month as the usual patches are issued?
    Kind regards James.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    So would anyone recommend this expansion or is it too flawed with lots of bugs. Would Maxis release a patch quickly to fix any bugs or would we have to wait a month as the usual patches are issued?
    Kind regards James.

I haven't run into any game breaking issues (or any major bugs at all) but bugs act in random manners and not everyone is affected by them, so there's only one way to tell...
    edited November 2017
    Kind regards James.

I think it’s a bit unrealistic for anyone to expect a game to be “bug-free.” James I will be 100% honest with you. I am NOT Sims 4’s biggest fan. Prior to the announcement of C & D, I wasn’t playing at all and I own all of the packs. I was just bored. I wanted more for my Sims to do. I wanted the game to be more family oriented.

Fast forward to the “pets” announcement and I started gaining interest in the Sims again. When I saw the Create a Pet videos and the gameplay videos I was drooling. This pack is EXACTLY what I wanted for the game. The pets are BEAUTIFUL. They really are and I love that they act like pets too. I recommend that you give it a try if you can afford it. I love it so far - bugs or no bugs.

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Kinda major issues on my end is mostly I wanna check the pets family tree and relationships ( I got the plum family tree app in one tab to keep track of my current household's cat generation ) and I wanna check out their age and traits in live mode than back and forth in CAS
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif

A quick way to check traits is to go to your Sim(s) relationship panel and find the pets. When you hover over them, you’ll see the traits they have. :)

• RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member

A quick way to check traits is to go to your Sim(s) relationship panel and find the pets. When you hover over them, you’ll see the traits they have. :)

That's great, but I also wanna see if the family cat likes the family dog or not
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017
    Jean wrote: »
    I only have a chesthair mod. And I have the same problems with the AI for the animals. They do not poop or eat on their own.
    Also, it's very annoying that I can't see how they're doing globally. My cat ran away 2 times now because there's no clear view.
    I think the animations and the whole aesthetic is pretty good, but there are (like we see) huge technical flaws..

Can you clarify the bolded part for me, please? Do you mean that you can't find the animal because the camera doesn't follow them? Or is this something different?

I don't have the pack, but someone on here posted that you can click on the animals portrait to find them.

Edited to add: Never mind. I understand what you mean now.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »

Can you clarify the bolded part for me, please? Do you mean that you can't find the animal because the camera doesn't follow them? Or is this something different?

I don't have the pack, but someone on here posted that you can click on the animals portrait to find them.

Yes, you can right click on them to have the camera zoom in on them. Also, you can use the whistle to have the pet come to you.

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

Edited to add: Never mind. I understand what you mean now.

I just tested this and in fact you can click their UI portrait and the camera does center in on them.