Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't place some CC after latest update :<

JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
Not sure if anyone else is having this problem (hopefully, we're allowed to discuss it?), but after the most recent update I can not place CC beds :( I haven't tested to see if other CC has issues but I wanted to check here and see if this is a problem for anyone else?

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It's normal for a patch to affect CC. Only thing you can do is remove whatever isn't working anymore and wait for the creator to update it if they are able to.
  • JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    Hi Alan.. thanks for the reply.

The problem includes *all* CC beds.. no matter who made them or where they came from :( I'm going to start checking other CC content right now.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Sims4Studio will probably have a batch fix when its updated.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Jonalin wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone else is having this problem (hopefully, we're allowed to discuss it?), but after the most recent update I can not place CC beds :( I haven't tested to see if other CC has issues but I wanted to check here and see if this is a problem for anyone else?

toddler beds seem unaffected.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
    Keks_Milch wrote: »

Thank you Keks :)
    ladybreid wrote: »

Thank you ladybreid :) Did you have trouble placing full size CC beds? I should have been more clear in my follow-up post. I can not place any double/full CC beds :(
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member

Thank you ladybreid :) Did you have trouble placing full size CC beds? I should have been more clear in my follow-up post. I can not place any double/full CC beds :(

seems to be only full/double beds. The singles and tots are good to go, I havent found other stuff yet having any issues.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.

seems to be only full/double beds. The singles and tots are good to go, I havent found other stuff yet having any issues.

Thank you for checking! :) I appreciate you sharing your experience :)
  • JagwithtudeJagwithtude Posts: 1,452 Member

CC double beds might be broken because they don't have the cats can jump on beds and sleep animation that will come with C&D EP.
    "If you could read my mind, I'm pretty sure you'd be traumatized for life"

Join us on Discord for help with MC Command Center @ Discord https://discord.gg/TKp3GqE
    The latest version of MCCC 3.9.6 go to https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-3-9-6-15332977

Rrkznuy.jpg?4

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Did you pull out your 'mods' folder before doing the update?

CC double beds might be broken because they don't have the cats can jump on beds and sleep animation that will come with C&D EP.

Ahhh... good point!
    Did you pull out your 'mods' folder before doing the update?

Yes, and then put them back in. So far, I'm only having trouble with the double/full CC beds. (however, I think @Jagwithtude might be right!)
    Just wanted to quickly add... if I play (or place) a house that already had a CC bed in it... the sims are able to use it just fine.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    What about using the MOO cheat to place the beds? If the Sims can use the CC beds normally afterwards then it might be a compromise until creators have updated the beds to include the C&D feature?
  • AlanaJaureguiAlanaJauregui Posts: 1 New Member
    My game isn't letting my sims use the cc beds that were already placed before the patch update, and when i tried to place a new cc bed it just deletes itself, but still takes my sims money for the bed... seem like there is going to be a lot of disadvantages to this patch.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    My game isn't letting my sims use the cc beds that were already placed before the patch update, and when i tried to place a new cc bed it just deletes itself, but still takes my sims money for the bed... seem like there is going to be a lot of disadvantages to this patch.

Hello
    The workaround for the new beds disappearing is to place the bed, then go to manage worlds. Then go back into the home, and the bed should be there.
  • lisciastalisciasta Posts: 1 New Member
    I have this problem as well :(
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    What about using the MOO cheat to place the beds? If the Sims can use the CC beds normally afterwards then it might be a compromise until creators have updated the beds to include the C&D feature?

Hi Stina,
    I did try using MOO but I still can't place the beds :<

Yes! The bed just deletes itself! So far, two of my sim families have been able to use the CC beds (that were already there), but.. to be honest... when I see them walk up to them they walk through the bed first :/
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    The workaround for the new beds disappearing is to place the bed, then go to manage worlds. Then go back into the home, and the bed should be there.

But @rosemow ... we can't place the beds at all :(
    lisciasta wrote: »
    I have this problem as well :(

Thanks for sharing.. I hope this is fixed soon. I love my CC beds.

• KaMiojoKaMiojo Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I'm having the same problem. When I place a double bed, it disappears instantly.
    But also weird shadows has appeared below some objects and plant textures looks weird.
    It's only with me ?
    KaMiojo wrote: »
    Hello! I'm having the same problem. When I place a double bed, it disappears instantly.
    But also weird shadows has appeared below some objects and plant textures looks weird.
    It's only with me ?

I haven't noticed any shadows.. but I'll look the next time I start up the game. As for the beds, it's been widely reported as a legitimate bug for CC double/full sized beds.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello
    For simmers who are having the issues with cc beds, Sims 4 Studio has released a new updated version with a batch fix for the beds,
    You need to register with the site to access the download page for the program but it is free.
    http://sims4studio.com
  • misjademisjade Posts: 29 New Member
    > @KaMiojo said:
    > Hello! I'm having the same problem. When I place a double bed, it disappears instantly.
    > But also weird shadows has appeared below some objects and plant textures looks weird.
    > It's only with me ?

I'm noticing the same thing about the weird shadows.
  • KirterryKirterry Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi,

I am currently having the same problem with my game since the pets update. Can't place the cc beds unless they're already created with the original beds from sims 4. I am using a windows computer and haven't had this problem until now. Any help or suggestions?!

Thanks
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Kirterry wrote: »
    Hi,

I am currently having the same problem with my game since the pets update. Can't place the cc beds unless they're already created with the original beds from sims 4. I am using a windows computer and haven't had this problem until now. Any help or suggestions?!

Thanks

Get Sims 4 Studio and run a batch fix on the beds. The patch changed the code that the CC talks to for beds (probably so cats can sleep on them), and the CC needs a repair.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • JennyT79JennyT79 Posts: 24 New Member
    It's the same for couches :(
  • JamesleyrrJamesleyrr Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes - also unable to place CC couches. Chairs seem to be okay from what I can tell.