Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @BuildnShare Yeah, I know I skimped a bit inside, but I should have added a rug in the great room, you're right. Thank you so much for your feedback!

@noisybrain Great job!! Like @aricarai I do love when we make them really work at judging :mrgreen:
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Beginners Results for #194 The Hawthorne Project

@djsdragongirl
    The Davies house looks lovely, you chose some great exterior wall treatments that really help cement that slightly modern architecture style.  The landscaping is well thought out, you made some great planting choices and some awesome use of the terrain painting tools, I love that you got the Cow Plant in the veggie patch! Your interiors are well laid out and again, you made some really great object choices to make the most of your budget.

Suggestions:
    It would have been nice to see more of the exterior of the home in daylight. I think I would have used a lean to roof on the bottom extended part of the roof, rather than the hipped roof, this would have eliminated that valley.  I wonder if some carpeting on the floors might have  helped to break up the all that wooden floor.

Optional Challenge
    Randy and his family certainly look like they are enjoying their new home, I loved seeing little Piper on the dragon toy in the garden!

@djsdragongirl - Congrats on your win!! As before, you may have been the only entrant but your creation was very deserving of the win!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Intermediate Results for #194 The Hawthorne Project

@cwaddell
    Craftsman is just gorgeous, inside and out. Your exteriors look amazing, you did such an great job with what must have been some very complex roofing.Your landscaping helps cement that traditional styling and your wall treatments along with your choice of walls and doors all lend themselves exceptionally well to that simple craftsman vibe.  I adore that front porch area it adds such a huge amount of curb appeal. Your interior layout is great, again, you have made some really inspired object choices to make the whole home feel incredibly cohesive, your placement is spot on. You made great use of clutter without making the home feel over crowded.

Suggestions:
    I wonder if a little more terrain paint around the lot might have helped give a little more definition, especially around the little veggie patch, it feels lost out in the back yard.  The kitchen is the only place in the build that feels a touch bland, I wonder if a little mat might have helped that area feel as homely as the rest of the build.

@cwaddell - you win!! As with Leah, your build was amazing, please don't let the fact that you were the only entrant detract from your win.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Great job to both @djsdragongirl and @cwaddell :) Beautiful builds, both!
    BEGINNERS RESULTS FOR #195 - THE WISHES OF THE DEAD

@djsdragongirl
    The layout of the lot is well thought out, the grave sides look incredibly well tended and looked after.  It’s great that you included a pet cemetery and an area for fresh souls.  The fog is such a great touch!  You made some really great use of the terrain painting tool on this lot and your use of plants and trees here is wonderful. Erisa’s cottage is lovely, I like how you did the roofline of the cottage and the mausoleum. The furnishings, floor and wall treatments in the cottage work well together, you made some really great object choices as well. And I love the two Grimmie statues flanking the entrance to the mausoleum.

Suggestions:
    You said yourself that some of the photo’s have the grid on, which breaks the immersion of the media as do the shots with the walls cut away.  It would have been useful to see a full overhead view of the entire lot.

Optional Challenge:
    Erisa and her dogs look fabulous, it would have been nice to learn a little more about them though.

And the winner is.....

@djsdragongirl

Congrats!! Your builds are really improving!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #195 THE WISHES OF THE DEAD

@cwaddell
    Bonekeeper Graveyard is such a beautiful lot!  The layout of the lot is incredibly well thought out, and you made some great choices with the planting and landscaping. Great job echoing the Mausoleum rooflines on the cottage, such a lovely little detail.  The serenity pool is a great addition to the landscaping. Your little cottage as adorable! I love the fact that it doesn’t look bare, even though you have left a lot of space for the dogs, you have used just the right amount of furniture and clutter and you made some great choices in the art work on the walls.

Suggestions:
    I wonder if Erisa would have liked more of a n outlook on her graveyard, rather than directly out onto the Mausoleum. It would have been nice to see what the lot looked like at night.

Optional Challenge
    Erisa looks amazing! Great choices on the traits and the dogs are magnificent, I want to say cute, but I wouldn’t want to meet them down a dark alleyway!  It was lovely to see Erisa taking care of her new graveyard.

@Kgaff

Everlasting Slumber Cemetery is a wonderful lot.  Great job creating a parking lot to the side of the lot and that pond is just lovely.  I can tell you put a great deal of thought into the layout of the cemetery, the little crypt is a wonderful addition, the wall treatments you used help the lot feel really cohesive. There are so many wonderful little details I noticed going through your media, the gargoyles around the small fenced off area with the cracked archway for one, amazing!  You also did a fantastic job with the terrain painting. Erisa’s cottage is beautiful, I just love the slightly whimsical twist you put on it, the blue and gold on the gable ends is gorgeous!  Great job with the planting on the exterior walls of the cottages, it feels really natural.  The interiors are well thought out and you made some awesome object choices, your placement is perfect! The little doggy area to the side is a wonderful addition, but I like that they still have room to be in the cottage as well.

Suggestions
    Just a small thing, but that red over head cabinet in the kitchen is quite jarring, it doesn’t look like it belongs in there.

Optional Challenge
    Erisa and the dogs look awesome, I would liked to have learnt a little more about them though.

@Zayven
    The cemetery you created for Erisa is beautiful, the layout and the planting are well thought out and I love the fact that you got a parking lot on the site. You did an amazing job with the terrain paints and those ruined columns help cement the feel of an older style cemetery. The little pool area is a wonderful addition.  By the way the skeleton and pumpkin made me giggle!  Your interiors are well laid out and the cottage feels very cohesive in theme. I just love the basement bedroom with the dog beds, I can imagine Erisa feeling that this is her inner sanctum.

Suggestions
    I would liked to have seen more of the exterior of the cottage to get a feel for the architectural styling you chose. When taking your screenshots, try not to zoom out too much, it gives a bit of a fishbowl effect, which makes judging distances between objects and the size of rooms quite difficult. There is a huge discrepancy between the styling of the cemetery and Erisa’s very modern dwelling, it feels like the two don’t really belong on the same lot. At this stage, we would like to see your pictures well organised and labelled.

Optional Challenge
    Erisa and the dogs look awesome, and that pumpkin scarecrow!! It would have been nice to learn a little more about them, their traits, likes and dislikes etc.

And the winner is........

@Kgaff - congrats your sleepy little cemetery was fabulous!!

And the winner of the optional challenge is......

@cwaddell - Absolutely adored your version of Erisa and her pups!

GArBA5W.jpg
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #195 THE WISHES OF THE DEAD

@creativemetaphor
    Eternal Rest Memorial Park is a wonderful creation! The layout of the lot itself has been well thought out and I can just see Erisa tending the graves and the landscaping, it all looks so natural. You have included so many thoughtful little features, the fallen heroes tombs are just perfect and that little pet cemetery, so lovely.  Great job included lots of seating so the living visitors can get comfy and stay a while. And who wouldn’t want to stay, the two water features are so different, and gorgeous.  Your use of the terrain painting tools is amazing!  The cottage/old church has been wonderfully and tastefully remodelled, the gothic architecture is amazing, and I love how you used the old greenhouse roof for the top of the Mausoleum. The catacombs, such an ingenious idea, and it totally fits with the backstory you created for this challenge. I could go on and on about all the details I love about this build, but I guess I should wrap it up there.

Suggestions
    There was one bench, on it’s own on an area of grass that could have used a little terrain paint leading up to it and around its edges to suggest Sims had used it.

Optional Challenge

Erisa and the dogs look fabulous, but I would have liked to have known what traits you chose for them and their likes and dislikes.

@ISHTARJMD
    Your cemetery is gorgeous, you have done such a wonderful job with the landscaping, you made such great use of the terrain sculpting and painting tools and your choice of plants and trees is perfect for the style of the lot.  I just love that little Mausoleum sat on top of the hill there. The graves placement is well thought out.  The cottage itself is lovely, well thought out layout, beautifully decorated and expertly furnished, I just love your little balconies with the hanging seats.  You’ve used just the right amount of clutter and the place feels incredibly tranquil.  The private backyard is a lovely idea.

Suggestions
    Perhaps some seating in the graveyard area for those visitors come to commune with their dearly departed would have been nice. The gravekeeper's’ cottage seems to dominate the lot, perhaps a different roofing colour would have helped it blend in more with its environment.  The backyard feels a little bland, perhaps some terrain paints around the kennels might have helped them feel more part of the build.

And the winner is.....

@creativemetaphor

The winner of the optional challenge is.....

@creativemetaphor

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare :blush: Wow, thank you so much! (And yeah, kinda overlooked that one bench a little.)

I would have put up more with Erisa and her pups but my game literally became unplayable as I was trying to get them finished and get the screenshots. I was so frustrated I just sort of gave up on trying to do anything beyond that. I posted what I had and went on a two week test run trying to figure out what was killing my game.

@ISHTARJMD I loved your shrine, and how the graves were tucked into intimate corners. I went for a more traditional layout in grid but I really prefer how yours were laid out!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited November 2017

Congrats @djsdragongirl, nice build.
    Suggestions:
    I wonder if a little more terrain paint around the lot might have helped give a little more definition, especially around the little veggie patch, it feels lost out in the back yard.  The kitchen is the only place in the build that feels a touch bland, I wonder if a little mat might have helped that area feel as homely as the rest of the build.

@cwaddell - you win!! As with Leah, your build was amazing, please don't let the fact that you were the only entrant detract from your win.
    Thank you for the win :) and your helpful comments.

Thank you @creativemetaphor .

Congrats to all the winners of the #195 - THE WISHES OF THE DEAD challenge. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's creativity. Some really great ideas. I especially liked the non-rabbithole mausoleums that some built.

INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #195 THE WISHES OF THE DEAD

@cwaddell
    Bonekeeper Graveyard is such a beautiful lot!  The layout of the lot is incredibly well thought out, and you made some great choices with the planting and landscaping. Great job echoing the Mausoleum rooflines on the cottage, such a lovely little detail.  The serenity pool is a great addition to the landscaping. Your little cottage as adorable! I love the fact that it doesn’t look bare, even though you have left a lot of space for the dogs, you have used just the right amount of furniture and clutter and you made some great choices in the art work on the walls.

Suggestions:
    I wonder if Erisa would have liked more of a n outlook on her graveyard, rather than directly out onto the Mausoleum. It would have been nice to see what the lot looked like at night.

Optional Challenge
    Erisa looks amazing! Great choices on the traits and the dogs are magnificent, I want to say cute, but I wouldn’t want to meet them down a dark alleyway!  It was lovely to see Erisa taking care of her new graveyard....

Thank you for your comments and I completely agree with both your suggestions. At one point or another during the build I had considered both. :)
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »

Congrats @djsdragongirl, nice build.
    Suggestions:

Thank you for the win :) and your helpful comments.

Thank you @creativemetaphor .

Thank you so much. I will make sure to take your suggestions to heart and even give more detail as to the people/pets, like who they are, what they do, and some of the other things.

BEGINNERS RESULTS FOR #195 - THE WISHES OF THE DEAD

@djsdragongirl
    The layout of the lot is well thought out, the grave sides look incredibly well tended and looked after.  It’s great that you included a pet cemetery and an area for fresh souls.  The fog is such a great touch!  You made some really great use of the terrain painting tool on this lot and your use of plants and trees here is wonderful. Erisa’s cottage is lovely, I like how you did the roofline of the cottage and the mausoleum. The furnishings, floor and wall treatments in the cottage work well together, you made some really great object choices as well. And I love the two Grimmie statues flanking the entrance to the mausoleum.

Suggestions:
    You said yourself that some of the photo’s have the grid on, which breaks the immersion of the media as do the shots with the walls cut away.  It would have been useful to see a full overhead view of the entire lot.

Optional Challenge:
    Erisa and her dogs look fabulous, it would have been nice to learn a little more about them though.

And the winner is.....

@djsdragongirl

Congrats!! Your builds are really improving!!

I will also make sure to include more overhead shots and I'll try to get more interior shots. I'll pay more attention to detailed information.

Thank you for the win, like you said even if I'm the only entrant it won't discourage me from doing it more often. :)
    BEGINNERS RESULTS FOR #196 - THE THIRD SISTER: CARRIE

@djsdragongirl
    Logan's Dream is a lovely house for a woman getting her first place and with plenty of room for her friends and bandmates to hang out. The decor has some nice earthy tones without being dark. I liked the wood grain furniture, and nice touches of green in the master bedroom.
    There's an easy flow between the living, dining, and kitchen areas. I really like the door from the master bedroom out into the pool yard.
    You have some nice landscaping in front and really gives the home a welcoming feel when you arrive. The carport is a great addition, and the terrain paints for the driveway and walkway are well done.
    The pool was nice and large, and I liked the patio terrain paint around it.

Suggestions:
    It was a little confusing sorting out which pictures were taken at Carrie's new house and which were from elsewhere. A few labels would have helped with that.
    While the build was certainly spacious, I can't help but think of the echo factor, especially in the bedroom. Consider making the room sizes more suited to the amount of furniture you have in them. Same with the size of the yard. It's okay to enclose only part of the lot.

Optional Challenge:
    It was great seeing the girls having such a great time both in the pool and playing together. Though the pool party was meant to be in Carrie's new backyard pool. Still, they looked like they were having a lot of fun!

And the winner is......

@djsdragongirl
    GArBA5W.jpg
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #196 - THE THIRD SISTER: CARRIE

@cwaddell

Prairie House is stunning! I just love the architectural style you chose, along with the wall treatments, it fits in a treat in Sunset Valley. Your landscaping is perfectly matched to the style of the home, and you made some good use of the terrain paint tool. I can tell you really thought about the layout and how the build would play. The palette you have chosen works well throughout the home and helps it feel really aesthetically cohesive. You made great object choices as well.

Suggestions: I understand that you wanted Carrie to be able to expand within her home, but that open plan area feels quite large and empty. The build seems to lack a little character, perhaps some more clutter here and there would have helped it feel a little more homely.

@Kgaff

Your build looks a tad familiar @kfagg, do I sense some inspiration coming from the TS4 thread?! You’ve nailed the MCM architecture with great roof lines and the wall treatments work a treat. Your landscaping fits the build as well, you made great use of the terrain painting tools. Inside, the build has a great layout (I wonder how that happened ;) ) and your object choices and placement work incredibly well, the posters are a lovely addition. Carrie’s bedroom is my favourite room in this house, it has such great personality.

Suggestions: That blue wallpaper in the bathroom is a little too much for me, at least, I wonder if you had used some tiles and then the paper as a feature wall if it wouldn’t have been quite so overpowering.

And the winner is.......

@Kgaff

GArBA5W.jpg
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #196 - THE THIRD SISTER: CARRIE

@creativemetaphor

Inside Out is masterful! The architecture is really eye catching and you did a great job with the roofing to make it feel really natural, the wall treatments help this also. Your landscaping is inspired, the three areas out back are wonderfully thought out, I especially like the pagoda area on the pool. I love how you have given her privacy to the front of the home. Your interior layout is well thought out, you put a lot of thought into how this build would play in game. Your object choice and placement is fabulous, that green wall in the main open plan area is such a unique idea.

Suggestions: Is that futon inspired sofa usable, I wonder? In the kitchen, the plant shelf might have looked more in keeping had it been placed in the centre of the window and sink, it feels slightly off-kilter where it is.

@JasonAnthonySterling

I really feel like I have stepped into a time warp when looking at the home you created for Carrie. The architecture of the home is stunning, I adore that you have a tree poking out through the roof at the front of the house. The wooden tones you have used for the exterior, really help nail that MCM theme you have going on. Your landscaping is wonderful, the patio area to the rear of the house is fantastic, such great use of space and light. Your layout works well, and the items you have chosen for Carrie’s home fit perfectly with the style you have chosen.

Suggestions: While I understand you have given Carrie curtains to close off her bedroom at night, I can’t help thinking she wouldn’t want her home to be on display from the street.

And the winner is........

A tie between @creativemetaphor and @JasonAnthonySterling

I simply could not choose between these two magnificent creations, I'm sure Carrie would have been happy in either one of them
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    edited December 2017

@Kgaff

Your build looks a tad familiar @kfagg, do I sense some inspiration coming from the TS4 thread?! You’ve nailed the MCM architecture with great roof lines

And the winner is.......

@Kgaff

I'm surprised it looked familar to you. My inspiration was from a house plan I found on some builders site.

I don't have TS4 and know nothing about building with it. I also never visit the TS4 part of the forums as I have no interest in the that version of the game itself.

I'm on my way to see if I can find the reference you made :)

EDIT: Oh I just found it! Not once but three times!!! It must have spoken to us all!! It was a great little house :)
    Post edited by Kgaff on
    Congrats @JasonAnthonySterling ! So fun when we make them unable to decide :mrgreen:

@cwaddell

Prairie House is stunning! I just love the architectural style you chose, ...

Suggestions: I understand that you wanted Carrie to be able to expand within her home, but that open plan area feels quite large and empty. The build seems to lack a little character, perhaps some more clutter here and there would have helped it feel a little more homely.
    Thanks for the complements and suggestions.

@Kgaff
    ...You’ve nailed the MCM architecture with great roof lines and the wall treatments work a treat. Your landscaping fits the build as well, you made great use of the terrain painting tools. Inside, the build has a great layout...
    And the winner is.......

@Kgaff
    Congrats @Kgaff for a well deserved win on your mid-century modern design.

Congrats to the winners in the beginner and advanced categories too. All were great looking builds.
    Kgaff wrote: »

@Kgaff

Your build looks a tad familiar @kfagg, do I sense some inspiration coming from the TS4 thread?! You’ve nailed the MCM architecture with great roof lines

And the winner is.......

@Kgaff

I'm surprised it looked familar to you. My inspiration was from a house plan I found on some builders site.

I don't have TS4 and know nothing about building with it. I also never visit the TS4 part of the forums as I have no interest in the that version of the game itself.

I'm on my way to see if I can find the reference you made :)

EDIT: Oh I just found it! Not once but three times!!! It must have spoken to us all!! It was a great little house :)

That is just plain weird!! It was a gorgeous little home and you did a great job with it :heart:
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2018
    BEGINNERS RESULTS FOR #197 - FAMILIA

@djsdragongirl
    I really liked this build. The scale of the rooms to the furnishings was excellent! I loved that central fireplace with the hall doors situated around it, makes me feel like the house was heated by wood-stove, so cozy. The whole build exudes warmth, which is just what this family could use! Nice use of window coverings and rugs.

There was ample outdoor space for the kids to play, and nice touches of landscaping and use of terrain paints really enhanced the realistic feel of the yard.

I do wish we’d have gotten a better look at the bedrooms!

Suggestions:
    Remember that in this contest the judging is done entirely upon the pictures you are providing, so we really need to know exactly what it is you are asking us to judge. There were a lot of inconsistencies between the pictures you showed, especially with regard to objects, but also wall covering. Moving an object a little for playability is understandable but if you are adding or removing build/buy elements you really should retake the screenshots.

Optional Challenge:

Mateo, Sofia, and Adrian were very precious. I’m sure that the two youngest will be taken care of very well by their older brother in their new home!

And the winner is…

@djsdragongirl
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited January 2018
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #197 - FAMILIA

@FidgetyAtom
    This is such a cute traditional home! I adore the architecture style, the landscaping is cute, I love how you placed the toys out the back and the plants that you used really fit with the character of the build and your terrain paints are fabulous!! And that little pagoda out there is so dang cute. Your home is furnished to a lovely standard and the colour palette is great, almost mediterranean in places. Great idea using the landing as study area. The kids rooms are adorable!!

Suggestions
    I would like to have seen more of the exterior of the build, the back and the sides for example. Also, we like to have over head shots so that we can get an idea of the layout of your build. A couple more pictures of the rooms from different angles might have been nice as well.

@Kgaff
    This little adobe style home is just adorable, I love how you’ve done the architecture and those different roofs work incredibly well! Your landscaping is well thought out, I just love those fire red flowers around the entry arch, and using terrain painted flowers is a great idea! Your interiors echo the exterior style, it all feels so cohesive. Your object placement is spot on, and your colour palette is gorgeous. I also love how you placed some of the ‘salvaged’ items form their original home in here, such a great idea!

Suggestions
    Maybe some planting around the backyard play area would have helped it feel more like part of the build, at the moment, with no plants, flowers or terrain paints it feels a bit unloved, a total contrast to the rest of your amazing build. This may just be personal preference, but the star wallpaper in Matteo’s room feels a touch overwhelming, perhaps a feature wall, with plan blue on the others would have helped it feel less claustrophobic?

Optional Challenge
    Such a great follow up to the challenge, all three of them look fabulous, and I think they will all be able to move on with their lives in the new home that you created for them. BTW, I just adore that pic of Adrian freaking out about his homework :grin:

@Zayven
    Holy Mackerel! What a home you created for the kids! The architecture is stunning, like something out of a magazine!! Great use of those buydebug planters on the exterior and that little outdoor seating area is divine! Your interiors are wonderful, the layout works really well, I can tell you put a lot of thought into how the build would play in game. You made some really great object choices, everything feels like it fits and I just love that wave mural in Matteo’s room, perfect!!

Suggestions
    I wonder if that left most window (as you look at the home), would have been better placed in the centre of the roof eave, it looks a little off balance. I feel that a little terrain paint around the playground equipment would have helped it feel more like part of the home.

Optional Challenge
    All three of the Kids look amazing, and you have made some great trait choices, I can so see Adrian becoming an astronaut!!

AND the winner is....

@Kgaff

And the winner of the optional challenge is

@Zayven
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congrats to all the entrants, so many wonderful builds! <3
    EXPERT RESULTS FOR #197 - FAMILIA

Mederouin

*The home you created for Sofia, Matteo and Adrian is lovely, the exterior brick work helps it to blend nicely into the landscape you have created, which by the way has great use of the terrain sculpting tools. The plants you have used help to make this a very cohesive exterior. Inside, the layout is well thought out, giving the two kids plenty of room to grow, while affording Matteo some privacy. You have made some great object choices throughout the home and the living areas feel especially homely. Your color palette works well and helps the home feel like a welcoming space. *

Suggestions: Given that the two younger children were rescued from a collapse, I question the wisdom of an underground house. It seems like it would be more reminiscent of bad memories than anything else. I feel the bedrooms would have benefitted from a little more personalization, they feel a little on the bare side to me. I would also have used less paths in the garden, providing more green space for the kids to run and play.

CreativeMetaphor

The exterior of the home you created for this challenge is lovely, I certainly get the southwestern adobe feel out here. The planting out front helps cement that style as well as the planting around the rear seating area. And the WA fountain there is inspired! The layout of the house is great and gives Adrian and Sofia plenty of room to grow as well as affording Matteo some much needed privacy. Your interior palette works well with the adobe theme and you have made some really great object choices to help lend to that look.

Suggestions: The large expanse at the rear of the home feels extremely bare, in contrast with the rest of the exterior, there are ways of making a drought friendly garden without leaving it barren, which you have shown out the front of the home and around the seating area out back. Although the palette you chose is great, I wonder if a less industrial wall treatment would have been more in keeping with that adobe style, some of the walls feel a little bare, and I wonder if a few more pieces of art work might have helped the place feel more homely.

Noisybrain

Wow - what an awesome combination of suburbia and adobe style you have created with this home, the light brick work helps it to blend with it's more suburban landscape, while not detracting from the adobe styling. That archway entry way is amazing! The layout of the home works well and is suited to the little family whom you have built it for. Your object choices are spot on, everything feels like it belongs here. The downstairs is lovely, feeling open and cool. It fits beautifully with the heritage of the family.

Suggestions: I wonder if a little more interest on the exteriors might have helped some of the ells feel a touch less plain, perhaps a bush or two on the flat spots, or a touch of ivy, would break up the flat spots would have add a touch of interest. I question using the same tile behind the fireplace that you did in the kitchen. The fireplace and the tile don't clash, but they don't harmonize either. I might have thought about changing the tile to a more natural looking stone to accent the fireplace. In the Master Bedroom, the light teal is overwhelming. Its like walking into a mint bubble, perhaps using that teal on just one feature wall would have made it a touch less oppressive.

First place goes to...

Meredouin!

2nd Place goes to...

Noisy Brain!

Optional Challenge winner is...

Creative Metaphor!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @mederouin Great job! I really loved the earthship house <3@noisybrain Great job with yours as well! Must have been so hard to judge!
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats everyone!!! Yes, must have been a difficult decision!!
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
    edited February 2018
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR #198 - SPARKS

@Kgaff
    Holy wow!! This place looks amazing, the architecture looks fabulous, those girder columns work really well, and I like how you’ve set back the windows from the facade, the angled entryway is such a great idea and it the way you’ve offset it with the bold wood grain is great. The landscaping out front is great as well, such a great water feature and a very corporate looking shrub area, and the slanted parking spaces are brilliant. The layout is well thought out, with some great scope for future offices. Your interiors fit the brief brilliantly, you have nailed that modern Asian vibe perfectly, I love that you included some treasures from Asia in the lobby, they really help add authenticity to the place. Spark’s penthouse office is amazing, so chic, yet efficient at the same time, I love that he has a desk area and comfy seating in the same room, you did a great job marking separate area and you included a wardrobe for him up here, what a fabulous idea!!

Suggestions:
    Be careful with placement, I get that you were trying to make the trees look like they were growing around the girders, but the effect doesn’t quite work in this case. It would have been nice to have some labels on your pictures, to help identify one area from another.

@ElleDaes
    Oh my, what a stunning office block you have created for Sparks. The exterior is so unique, the wide entry steps are a great idea and I just love how you've used the planters to delineate the parking areas. And wow, you included an underground parking garage as well, such a great addition and I love that you gave the boss a reserved space :wink: And that MOO'd entry pad is just wonderful. The uniformity of the building is just wonderful, and those terraces are a brilliant idea. The landscaping you've included looks perfect within the setting. Your interiors are amazing my sweet, that floor mural in the lobby is fabulous and I love how you've arranged this area with the coffee shop and seating. You've included so many thoughtful details like the records vault, storage room etc. Your conference room is lovely, I love that tabletop too, you did a great job MOO'ing them together. Can I just say, using the garage door as a glass wall that can be raised is truly inspired and I love how you popped Sparks desk on a small podium. You arranged the space in the penthouse really well, each little area feels separate but part of the whole, you did a great job and you gave Sparks his own wardrobe, epic! This build really fits with it's environ, the views are spectacular and I can tell you put a lot of thought into to how to make the best of them.

Suggestions:
    I'm a little confused as to why you cordoned off part of the entry steps, I wonder if it would have looked more natural with the planters butting right up against the foundation wall. Be a bit careful when zooming out to take pictures of smaller spaces, the double vanity picture from the lobby floor has that fishbowl effect going on, making it really difficult to tell the proportions of the room. My only slight worry is that the penthouse area feels a little too feminine to me, all that powder blue, I wonder if a deeper blue would have helped make it a little more masculine.

@zayven
    The architecture of the office block really screams Asian, you did a great job with that. I just love how you got that garden space on the aerial walkway in the penthouse space is a fabulous idea. The parking area is well thought out and I think it's great that you included a bike area. The landscaping on the ground floor is simply amazing, and again nails that Asian vibe perfectly, that pond is just perfect. Your interiors are lovely, very bright and clean and very Asian in theme.

Suggestions:
    The build feels very 'top heavy' with so little supporting structure on the ground floor. Be a little more careful with your placement, I can see some of the bamboo coming through the walkway window. The interiors feel more traditional Asian than a blend of Asian and modern and I think the build would have benefitted from a lobby/reception area on the ground floor, to greet visitors when they enter the building.

AND THE WINNER IS......

A tie betweeen @Kgaff and @ElleDaes, just could not choose between these two.

Congrats!!
    GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top