Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Switchy Switchy Glee Mafia - TOWN WIN

SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
edited November 2017 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to the Switchy Switchy Glee Mafia!
We will be using the Switch Setup. and it will be based around the TV series Glee. (One of my favourites. ;) )

In the setup, the roles are as follows:
1 Mafia Cop Switch - Becky Jackson
glee-villains-becky-jackson.jpg?w=514
1 Mafia Doc Switch - Dave Karofsky
glee-villains-dave-karofsky.jpg?w=514
1 Mafia Vig Switch - Terri Schuester
glee-villains-terri-schuester.jpg?w=514
1 Serial Killer (with Mafia NK Immunity OR Vig/Cop Immunity) - Sue Sylvester
glee-villains-sue-sylvester.jpg?w=514
1 Cop - Rachel Berry
1 Doctor - Will Schuester
1 Vigilante - Quinn Fabray
7 Townies - Brittany S. Pierce, Santana Lopez, Kurt Hummel, Mercedes Jones, Artie Abrams, Mike Chang and Finn Hudson.

RULES:
1) Don’t Mini-Mod. Don’t act like you’re the host.
2) All site-wide rules apply.
3) Talking about this game outside of this thread is forbidden. You will be replaced if you are found doing so, if there are no replacements, you will be modkilled. So, never communicate privately unless your role states otherwise.
4) Please be active as possible. (If you know you're going to be inactive for 48+ hours, PM me and I'll replace you.
5) !!! If you feel attacked/bullied/harrassed etc. PM me and I'll ask the player to stop. !!!
6) !!! Do not take everything too seriously or personally. !!!
7) !!! Don’t be rude to people. Respect everyone equally. !!!
8) Never quote private-moderator information unless I stated it. You can paraphrase if you want.
9) Don't hesitate to ask. If something is unclear, ask. If something needs to be clarified, ask.
10) I have the right to ignore questions that may influence the game.
11) Strictly NO talking on-topic at night. Off-topic is fine.

Night Actions
1) PM me your night actions (including if it's no action) before the night deadline is up. I'll let you know on the discord or by PMing you if I haven't recieved an answer.
2) If you do not submit one, I will default to doing nothing.
3) Mafia members should send their night action via their group message bolded.
4) Should the mafia send their night actions unbolded, I will assume no action.

Voting and Lynches
1) A lynch happens when 50% + 1 voters agree (Majority Lynch). i.e. If there were 8 players left, you would need half (4) +1 (5) for a lynch to occur.
2) WE WILL BE USING HAMMER!!! Once the Hammer happens, you cannot unvote nor vote other people. Any votes posted after a hammer is reached will NOT be taken into account.
4) Everyone, including the lynchee, can still post until I post the flip.
5) I won’t count a vote that is unclear. Votes must be written as follows: Vote: Submarine or Vote: SUBMARINE. Bolded or capitalised votes count, anything else doesn't.
6) Though I don't reccomend it, you can vote No Lynch if you want to.
7) Votes in quotes, spoiler tags or otherwise hidden will also not be counted.

Deadlines
1) Each day will last 1 day or 24 hours. Night lasts 1 day or 24 hours also. Extensions would be considered if needed.
2) I encourage quick nights, so feel free to vote quick night if it's night. I will not do a quick night if the mafia have not sent in their action.
3) If the deadline has been reached and I’m not able to end it at that time, just wait for me to come online.
4) If you die, please refrain from posting posts that may ruin, interfere or change the game.

Replacements and Modkills
1) If you wish to be replaced, state it on the thread or PM me. I reccomend tagging me if you're stating it on the thread. I'd prefer you PM me as it would be easier to see.
2) You may be force-replaced if you break some rules or are inactive for more than 48 hours.

Activity
1) I will force-replace a player if they're completely inactive for 1 game day and night. (48 hours).
2) Activity is highly needed in the game. (Sorry for being a hypocrite.)

Enjoy the game!

I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
eM56lKI.png
Call me Sub

Post edited by Submarine on

Comments

• SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited November 2017
    This game has a few out of the ordinary mechanics.

1) Nightstart. (This means the game begins on a night phase.)
    2) Pregame, the Serial Killer chooses an immunity: Mafia NK Immunity OR Vig/Cop Immunity. (This means they are either immune to being killed my the mafia, or they are immune to being found by the vigilante or cop.)
    3) THIS IS IMPORTANT. Each night, the town power roles are active depending a player "switching" them off. The Mafia Cop Switch may switch off the Cop for example, with each Mafia player controlling a switch over a town PR.
    However, the SK has the ability to reverse any switches' state. For example, if the Mafia Doc Switch, leaves the Doctor active, the SK choosing to reverse the Doc's switch will cause it to be inactive. The Serial Killer may reverse all three, none of the switches or any combination in between.
    4) An individual mafia member may not submit the factional kill AND deactivate a switch on the same night.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

edited November 2017
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    I will play.
    unknown.png
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I'm joining
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

I would do the rest of the pictures but it wasn't working so just google it. <3 xD
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    Count me in! I've wanted to play this setup for a while!
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Okay, I know I said I wanted a bit of a break, but this looks like such a fun setup. I'll play. :3
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Save me a spot!
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Oh lmaoo u used my ruleset! Credits to me tsk tsk :wink: I'll sit this one out tho. Cats and Dogs is going to be released this friday, so that's like my main priority first.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Oh lmaoo u used my ruleset! Credits to me tsk tsk :wink: I'll sit this one out tho. Cats and Dogs is going to be released this friday, so that's like my main priority first.

Haha, sorry. I usually go to someone elses mafia games, copy their rules, make the changes I need and then add the ones that weren't included lol.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

Haha, sorry. I usually go to someone elses mafia games, copy their rules, make the changes I need and then add the ones that weren't included lol.

Totally not what I did. Not at all :sweat_smile:
    unknown.png
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

Welp, and there I was thinking that I maybe want to join a mafia game again :D

I didn't really realise that it's just 4 days left, just until Friday! I won't have time for anything other than Sims 4 in the next time, sorry. But you can put me in your tag lists again in December!

Welp, and there I was thinking that I maybe want to join a mafia game again :D

I didn't really realise that it's just 4 days left, just until Friday! I won't have time for anything other than Sims 4 in the next time, sorry. But you can put me in your tag lists again in December!

Will do! :) See you soon pancake. :)
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

• Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member

My rules started out an edited version of your rules, and now I copy and paste my own, and edit if I need to :D
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    Me please!!
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
    Can some one explain the switching thing. I don't understand what that means... sorry.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I wanna join!
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Can some one explain the switching thing. I don't understand what that means... sorry.

In this setup, there's 3 mafia. Each of them has the power to turn off and on the ability of the town's doc/cop/vigilante respectiviely.

MAFIA SIDE:
    So, let's say the Mafia Cop Switch person turns off the switch, the Town cop's investigation for the night will not work.

If the Mafia Cop Switch dies, the the Town Cop's ability will be enabled for the rest of the game.

The mafia switch person cannot do a night kill and deactivate the switch, so that means, they will need to get their other mafia mates to carry out the night kill.

SERIAL KILLER:
    The Serial Killer is a third party role. In the first night, they get to choose if they want to be immune to Mafia Nightkills or immune to getting killed by Town Vigilante and being found by a Town Cop.

The Serial Killer can reverse the mafia's switch. The SK can also do nightkills at night.

For more info, you can read here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Switch_(Setup)
    FwDXXd5.gif
    ^ You have to copy with (Setup) part to go to the right link. :D
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    I'm in. I've always wanted to try this setup.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    @DeKay thanks dude.
    It's a lot of fun!
    We only need six more until pregame. (Pregame is when I will sent out roles and the SK will choose their advantage.
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

DeKay wrote: »

In this setup, there's 3 mafia. Each of them has the power to turn off and on the ability of the town's doc/cop/vigilante respectiviely.

MAFIA SIDE:
    So, let's say the Mafia Cop Switch person turns off the switch, the Town cop's investigation for the night will not work.

If the Mafia Cop Switch dies, the the Town Cop's ability will be enabled for the rest of the game.

The mafia switch person cannot do a night kill and deactivate the switch, so that means, they will need to get their other mafia mates to carry out the night kill.

SERIAL KILLER:
    The Serial Killer is a third party role. In the first night, they get to choose if they want to be immune to Mafia Nightkills or immune to getting killed by Town Vigilante and being found by a Town Cop.

The Serial Killer can reverse the mafia's switch. The SK can also do nightkills at night.

For more info, you can read here: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Switch_(Setup)

Not really... (bolded) In PREGAME, they get to choose their immunity. Either not being able to be killed by the Mafia, or not being able to be killed by the vig or caught by the cop.

The SK can reverse the mafia's switch decision, and they can do nightkills. :)
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

Thanks this only my third game. @DatSubmarineYourLookingFor @DeKay
    It's a lot of fun!
    Hoping I get SK.
    unknown.png