Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

I promise I'll begin catching up on everyone's story right away. I'm sorry I was gone for a while. My computer is finally fixed (and I survived Irma) so I am going to try to start catching up on all my reading asap. <3

@Arrowleaf So glad you are okay!

glad your safe.

i'm actually still behind because i woke up with no power so iwent back to bed but my eyes hurt a little because the power kept going on and off compared to what you went through thats nothing.
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    @Arrowleaf Great to hear from you! Irma was a mess!
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @xJojox
    xJojox wrote: »
    YOUR ANSWERS : @AdamsEve1231
    How does it feel to be done? When i actually finished it ... i was upset. In fact when i did finish it, i went back for more than a week changing it and trying to make it longer. I procrastinated the final chapter pictures for more than a week too because i didn't want it to end. But the writing part was finished for a while before i caught it all up with pix. It was odd how it made me feel really. I thought i'd feel relieved... but i wasn't. I had been writing fine lines for more than 18 months and between road blocks and sometimes my schedule i never thought i was going to get there.

I can understand that totally. It must be hard to let go. Some day I'll probably feel that way about Kass, or other game characters, but especially Kass. :'( I'll miss Abby and Justin.
    At any time, were you tempted to change something from the original storyline or did the TS4 game force you to change anything? YES! It forced me to change everything. You have no idea how much changed. Sean was supposed to disappear from the story line by chapter 90, Joseph was supposed to stay in the story line to the very end, Abby was supposed to br pregnant at chapter 98, and Dylan was supposed to stay in the story til about chapter 178. And that's just a handful of things that was supposed to happen. The story in general from its a original turned out completely different in the end. It was not the same at all... MY BIGGEST thing i was gonna change was kill Justin off from that car accident... I considered it for more than a week and even wrote it before deleting it. But i knew it would change Abby's character too much for her to recover.

Whoa! First of all, I'm glad you kept Sean in. I really liked him a lot actually. Second, I understand why you nixed Joe, and why you kept Justin. I'm okay with the loss of Dylan sooner. I would've been so depressed if you killed off Justin. Third, I can't imagine a pregnant Abby. Did you tweak things for Rachel to be pregnant instead? Or Millian? Or both? Since both those ladies were pregnant in Fine Lines, I wondered if you diverted story line content to them. I'm glad Abby didn't get pregnant, although, it would've been interesting to see her handle the fallout and the consequences, since she liked to live "high" and seemed to give little regard to the consequences of her actions. I was glad to see her progression and eventual maturing, but it took plum forever!

What inspires you as a writer? What helps you get through chapters? What motivated you when you were feeling overwhelmed (since it's a long project)?
    When i get a bug to write, i just go for it! I just keep going til it's sun up if that's the case. I always wrote ahead of time so if i did find a road block id have chapters to keep readers happy in the mean time. But inspiration wise, is going off a good idea ... and realising my sims can't tell the story i see for them. The sims is repetitive and it starts with a "wouldn't it be cool if?". As far as motivation, the thing that kept me going is the dedicated readers. I actually realised that there are so many unfinished projects out there... and i am committed once i start something.

I wish I had your commitment, @xJojox. I have so many projects and stories i'm working on. I like the way that you write it, "the Sims can't tell the story you see for them." I think this is so true. I see so much potential in my Sims, and I love that I get to be apart of telling their story and expanding their universe. Watcher, much? Haha... maybe, but I feel like I'm creating something in tandem with the Sims.
    What was the hardest part of writing? What's your favourite part of writing? The hardest part of writing is when you have to write according to the age of the character and think about what a 19 year old girl would do. We have seen a 16 year old little brat grow up too fast and make silly decisions about important things. I really wanted to smack some sense into her, but i knew why she did them too. She hit a roadblock herself at 16 with something happening to her. Rebellious behaviour, having some mild daddy issues AND being an only child made her a little spoilt and a little childish all the time which even make me feel frustrated. But i liked her with flaws! I figured it would make her more interesting as a character ... than boring plain Jane. My favourite part about writing is pleasing my readers ... or when someone finds my story out of the blue and realises what they missed. It still warms my heart.

I can see that being challenging, but I'm glad you wrote a flawed character. She felt real, and authentic to her age, and though she hit big fame, which most teens won't, she had ordinary problems in life and love and the drama accompanying it. And from reading some of Kass' story, you know I like to write flawed characters too.

What's your personal favourite scene?
    A lot of them. I enjoyed writing a lot of the intimate scenes with the guys in the story. To choose one i impossible. Since i like the boys all in different ways. I will explain that in a few questions down. But surprisingly i liked the chapter when Justin finally lost it and had the smash. That was extremely upsetting to write actually. But i still liked it.

Was it invigorating to write? Like it had been building up in Justin for so long that getting it out, even if it was in a totally traumatic and painful way, was cathartic in a way? I feel that way about some of my characters too.

Favourite Abby look? Probably the blonde. Stardom makes you change! But i use her as a blonde as a model for most of my ts4 poses because its my favourite. I wasn't gonna change her red, but she was made from a character of mine (before it all started) called Victoria Venice that was made for a contest. I felt i needed to do it because Victoria was cherry red. After the contest was over i enjoyed working with her so much ... she became my favourite sim, and therefore she became the host of my story.

The blonde highlighted her character's emotional state and accompanied her rise to stardom well. I personally liked her as a brunette though as I felt it was more representative of who she truly was after everything.

Justin? Sean? Or Joe? All amazing and different characters. How did you develop them? Justin has always been my main man! I developed him initially as being the bad boy next door. He was all against commitment only to fall hard and fast for her. Perhaps it was the reason he didn't want to commit. He's an artist (started from graffiti writing ) and he turns out to have a fabulous talent. Artists are passionate, emotional and feel things a little different to other people. Justin has had his fair share of trauma too but it never shows. He needs a woman just as much as Abby needed a man. He used to use women until he fell in love with one. His character could go on and on with why he is the way he is ... but people get him towards the end. He is short tempered, angry, loving, obsessive, passionate and has a beautiful soul deep down.

Joseph, he is very independent, a little quiet and reserved and really wasn't cut out to be the superstar that he is. He is a man that wanted a real life, but wanted to do what he loves more than anything .. and that's music. He too suffered the BAD things that came with stardom too which was his down fall many times in his life. He had a world of problems too that stemmed from the loss of Helena and his father, but he is lucky to have some strong women in his life to get him through his tough times. I wanted him to seem like a dream come true to Abby ... but over all a fantasy. I wanted it to seem like he had everything and was blinded by the fame. But as we saw his character develop slightly, Abby realised he was very broken. Even though he seemed like a dream come true.

Sean, beautiful beautiful Sean. The ultimate bachelor and rich guy but not a snob. Funnily enough you could tell his mother was, but he often disagreed with her. He has the most pure heart out of any one. He has the tendency to be a womaniser BUT never tries to hide it. He was always straight forward about what he wants and never used anyone. In fact i made him a safety net and all round good guy to be there for Abby that was going to be there for her all the way through her journey into stardom since i knew Rachel couldn't. I associated Sean with a smooth man from England with a strong British accent. Australian women enjoy a man with an accent .. so it would be very easy for Sean to get what he wants ... and he has OLD money too which makes him filthy rich! What's not to like? But his willingness to bend over backwards was always supposed to be appealing. But no one really took to Sean the way i hoped they would. He was quirky about their relationship and always never steered far from his womaniser ways ... but he was also my favourite, that's why i kept him around to the very end.

To be honest, I wasn't sure about Sean at first, but then I grew to like him. By the end, I could see Abby leaning toward Justin, and that it would always be Justin. Actually, I thought that around the middle, but you did a great job at keeping us guessing, especially with that late chapter and Justin "turning her away" the next morning, to put it mildly on the forums. ;) As happy as I am about Abby and Justin finding happiness and everything feeling like it returned to the way things should be, I'm with you. I still like Sean. I like his loyalty. I like how he didn't ever feel the need to hide who he was. I liked how he continued to care even after Abby moved on. And how he made Abby feel... he never made her feel used... or at least he never tried to make her feel used. I can't remember if she ever felt that way because at one point, I remember she wanted more and he just wasn't willing to give it, but he always made it clear it was fun for them. Their first "time" on the piano was uber hot, and I kept thinking of all the guys Abby was with, Sean did the most to try and please her in "that" way. At first, I thought maybe that was all he was good at, but he is successful in almost everything he does, and he genuinely cares, and sets aside his agenda to help Abby whether in life, career, or love.

What's in store for you next? Fine Lines spin off!!! A much shorter spin off. Maybe a 30-50 chapter story seeing into the life of Sean! It's called Chasing Hearts. And it will be out when i finish Fine Lines epilogue. I'm still doing picture less chapters to show Abby's ever After! This will see it all the way to 200! So i have 7 more parts to go before it will lead straight into Sean's story. (I definitely have a soft spot for Sean)

This makes my <3 happy! I so want to read this spinoff. Sean is one of my favorite characters and he really deserves happiness, plus I'd love to get to know him even better, and learn more about his back story and his plans for the future. And what will happen with that darn Pammie. :p

So a few more questions...
    1) Any advice for a writer in it for the long haul?
    2) What is one thing you wish you got a chance to do with Fine Lines but didn't?
    3) Did the readers ever surprise you with their comments or ideas?
    4) Was the mom and dad reunion and their new kid part of the plan? To be honest, I'm trying to remember how they got back together in the first place because I was reading at such a whirlwind at the end.
    5) Do you think you'll revisit Abby and Justin? Or Rachel? Or Trey? Or any of the other characters?
    6) How soon will you write Sean's story? (Okay this one's sort of a joke, but I'm partially serious :p)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited November 2017
    @AdamsEve1231
    I will miss Justin and Abby too, but that's why i decided to do somewhat of an epilogue. You may have read pictureless epilogue 1 But yesterday i posted part 2. Its just so everything that didn't get tied up will get finished and nothing will be left to be desired for the two. Did i tell you a started a Fine Lines 2 back in the sims 2 days? Sims 3 came out shortly affter i started it and I was very uninspired by the game and how the characters looked for me to continue.

Your question about Rachel being pregnant too ... No. Rachel was always supposed to be pregnant with Trey and Millian was supposed have a miscarriage (and it was supposed to be his baby). Justin's relationship with Millian was supposed to be longer and far deeper than it was. Abby's maturing however was still never all the way... considering her age at the very end. She was only 19.

Was that traumatic scene invigorating to write you ask... No actually. It did give me some relief but i actually remember listening to the song and tearing up a little. It was a little painful. Because as a writer i only ever wanted the emotions to seem real, even if the rest seemed a little far fetched or unrealistic.

Chasing hearts will see what happened to Pammie! She started out as a readers gift i guess. Pammiechick had been a loyal reader and had been proof checking for me and often let me bounce ideas off her. And she was AND is the biggest Sean fan. So i took her selfsim and jammed her in fine lines for a little chuckle! Turns out people liked the idea of them both, who knew?

So a few more questions...
    1) Any advice for a writer in it for the long haul? The only thing i could tell other writers ... is stay committed! Its upsetting sometimes when you find a story that is not finished. You read it, love it, and then the writer disappears. I know life happens, but if you love something and are dedicated to your characters announce a hiatus.

2) What is one thing you wish you got a chance to do with Fine Lines but didn't? Tricky! Because i thought i did! But i have answer. I wished there was more time for other relationships to develop. Now i loved the relationship between Joseph and Abby, and it would have been great to see their relationship unfold a little more. But it got to the stage where it didn't matter because of the end game.

3) Did the readers ever surprise you with their comments or ideas? Yes. I often got comments that people hated Abby. Which i could see why for sure. And i had people stop reading even ... OR have a massive break from her because they just couldn't stand her personality. I wondered with some, how do you keep reading if you hate the main so much? Some still did. I feel sometimes this is where i made some mistakes as a writer ... :(

4) Was the mom and dad reunion and their new kid part of the plan? To be honest, I'm trying to remember how they got back together in the first place because I was reading at such a whirlwind at the end. Yes they were always supposed to reunite. The kid part i chucked in so readers didn't feel unsatisfied with Abby never having a baby. Its nearly expected these days in a story because it is a natural progression of the game.

5) Do you think you'll revisit Abby and Justin? Or Rachel? Or Trey? Or any of the other characters? Maybe. It depends how i feel after Chasing hearts. I have two other stories that are more than half written that i would love to make stories from. But while fine lines was fresh i thought it would be a good time to do Chasing hearts.

6) How soon will you write Sean's story? (Okay this one's sort of a joke, but I'm partially serious :p) As soon as the epilogue is done! I posted part two yesterday. There are 7 pieces to go. Maybe Chasing hearts will be here before Christmas. It depends on the speed of Abby's ever after! But i have written the prologue and chapter 1 ... so i have started it!!! But this story will only be a 30-50 chapters in length. I don't see it as long as Abby's story.

• Options
    since i never got caught up well past justin. i'll just say i really enjoy it . and someday i promise i'll finish reading.

right now i think i have readerphobia. because everytime i settle in to read something in real life pulls me away so now i'm a little scared of reading because i do get attached to charaters

oh i thought up a question when you write do you get emotionally attached?
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @friendsfan367 - OH YES. Definitely. I think everyone does to their sims. I have a soft spot for all of them, and often i put a little bit of myself in them so i can relate to their personalities more. It makes things easier to write in you can relate yourself to them along with attaching yourself to their character. I like to think it makes them a better character.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    DISCUSSION
    DMrXAsGUEAEhP00.jpg
    Welcome to the Discussion!
    So far, I Would say this is the hardest I’ve worked on a short story. It was a little hard putting other content on hold until I finished it. I would like to know your thoughts on the story as well as the characters involved and we’ll go from there.
    Post edited by Simcraft81 on
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 - OH YES. Definitely. I think everyone does to their sims. I have a soft spot for all of them, and often i put a little bit of myself in them so i can relate to their personalities more. It makes things easier to write in you can relate yourself to them along with attaching yourself to their character. I like to think it makes them a better character.

thank you for answering my rambling that led to a actual question.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @Piazzagirl1015, @swcheppes, @friendsfan367, @Munterbacon, and @Dancer-freak

Hey everyone, thanks for those of you who participated in @xJojox's discussion of Fine Lines.

We've moved onto Battle for Bridgeport by @Simcraft81. Feel free to post questions @Simcraft81 if you so desire, and anyone can pipe in with thoughts here or over on the blog at any time. :)

Happy Simming!
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks, @AdamsEve1231

I’ll start off by asking were you all ok with the focus getting shifted around to other characters?
  • Options
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    Thanks, @AdamsEve1231

I’ll start off by asking were you all ok with the focus getting shifted around to other characters?

i like that because sometimes characters see the same situation 2 differnt ways.

if that makes sense.

• Options
    Thanks, @AdamsEve1231

i like that because sometimes characters see the same situation 2 differnt ways.

if that makes sense.

Good point, @friendsfan367 I’m glad you were alright with it. Since it was a short story, it seemed risky to go that route in such a limited about of time. I didn’t want the reader’s head to spin too much lol!
  • Options
    Thanks, @AdamsEve1231

if that makes sense.

Good point, @friendsfan367 I’m glad you were alright with it. Since it was a short story, it seemed risky to go that route in such a limited about of time. I didn’t want the reader’s head to spin too much lol!

don't worry i started over so many times my readers are used to it. so at least dam and eve is. one of the reasons i started the exact same story with a few suprises is she didn't get caught up before my game broke.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Thanks, @AdamsEve1231

if that makes sense.

don't worry i started over so many times my readers are used to it. so at least dam and eve is. one of the reasons i started the exact same story with a few suprises is she didn't get caught up before my game broke.
    @friendsfan367 and anyone who didn't see it, I did a little TRAILER for this story!
  • Options
    Hey everyone,
    I've got several announcements...

1) I'm excited to read @Simcraft81's story, and I hope to get to it very soon. I think it's awesome you make trailers for your stories. The flames have me curious. Plus the sleeping man at the end... hmm? Who is he? I liked the Michael Jackson remix too.

simlit-celebrations-and-discussion.png?w=474&h=451
    2) I've updated the SimLit Celebrations and Discussions thread for the forums. If you don't know about it, this is a place to nominate stories for the month's theme and to celebrate SimLit writers and stories and make recommendations. This month's theme is gratitude and thankfulness. If you have a nomination or would like to see what this thread's about, click here.

part-one-family-ties.png?w=1075&h=605
    3) I'm doing a Simself ISBI challenge for TS4 and I'm recruiting Sims for my stories. If you have a Simself or another Sim or Sim family you'd like to see featured in this upcoming story, check out my casting call thread here. I'm looking to populate my world with unique Sims. Lizzie, my Simself, would love to interact with your Sims. :)

1.jpg
    4) Finally, I've got an update for my Colt Family Traitacy: Generation One and a Half: Thick As Thieves story (wow... that's a mouthful). Haha. Okay, so if you're wondering why I'm dropping a CFT update here, it's because this chapter features Billy Caspian from I&S and Kassiopeia Fullbright. If you're caught up on I&S, today's TAT chapter follows Billy and Kass after I&S. You can read here if you're interested.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh, keep in mind that ‘Victor: BFB’ is a Prequel :)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Feel free to check out 'Victor' This takes place after 'BFB'!
    DI4Ta7PV4AEHuZP.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Posters
    [img][/img]battlebridgeport.jpg
    DD76nPTVYAAnraj.jpg
    DDUdHOQWsAAt19H.jpg
  • Options
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @Arrowleaf, @Piazzagirl1015, @swcheppes, @friendsfan367, @Munterbacon, and @Dancer-freak

Last two days to read/ discuss Battle for Bridgeport by @Simcraft81. It's a great read, and my new favorite story by Simcraft.

Happy Simming!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    New Machinima! All Original Music