Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Small update coming to the PC version of The Sims 3

1161718192022...Next

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Why is this thread still going, it confuses some people
    Presumably so that players returning to the game after an absence of a couple of years can easily find and read 22 pages of misinformation (plus a few posts with the more accurate accounts here and there) about the "new" patch. It still, even two years later, takes some by surprise. ;)

Someone in another thread was asking for the moderators to take a look at all of the stickied threads over in the TS3 section as they've said that some just didn't need to be stickied anymore as they were old but I've pretty much told that person the same thing about other members who's just returning to the game after a very long break. Plus the fact that we might have some new members who have a problem with the patch/update but can't start their own threads to ask about it, so it's easier for them to come here and see this thread still stickied up top for them to look at.
  • somegirl23803somegirl23803 Posts: 8 New Member
    Looking for friends on sims 3 can anyone add me? None of my friends are active anymore and I don't like the sims 4 as much as the sims 3 lol.
    I apparently can't post my on post yet so I apologize for commenting this here.
  • AftrNoonOvrRideAftrNoonOvrRide Posts: 79 Member
    I wish they would give us a patch for that dang Island Paradise Glitch. Is this the appropriate post to discuss that?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I wish they would give us a patch for that dang Island Paradise Glitch. Is this the appropriate post to discuss that?
    If you mean gameplay in the Isla Paradiso world, that isn't "a" glitch. It's the poorly designed world that's doing that. The solution is to fix it up first or use a player fixed up world for you already to go as a saved game. Or play with the IP content in different worlds, the pack itself is fine.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

There hasn't been a game file changing patch for TS3 since Jan 2014, that's over four years ago now, and from all accounts there aren't going to be any. The developers on that team "left the building" ages ago. The 1.69 patch that was being discussed here, from the end of 2015, was all about the Origin tie-in and the way in which the game starts up, nothing beyond that.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    There hasn't been a game file changing patch for TS3 since Jan 2014, that's over four years ago now, and from all accounts there aren't going to be any. The developers on that team "left the building" ages ago. The 1.69 patch that was being discussed here, from the end of 2015, was all about the Origin tie-in and the way in which the game starts up, nothing beyond that.

I can't wait till I win the Powerball, purchase this title off EA's grasp, and change that first sentence! >:)

This, and of course a real life remote tropical island! Still working on winning the Powerball though...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited February 2018
    Off-topic I suppose but the first thing that always comes to mind when I envision winning the Powerball is that never, ever again will I ever be tempted to purchase cheap store brand trash bags. The rest can fall into place later. Guess we all have slightly different priorities. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • dogdancerdogdancer Posts: 447 Member
    crockatail wrote: »
    I would like to know what they are actually planning. There hadn't been an update for Sims 3 since before the release of Sims 4. Then suddenly this update came out of the blue. And a number of Sims 3 players unable to play the game after that update. PS. I'm glad that I'd removed Origin from my laptop,since my internet service go out a couple time a day.

That's exactly what happened to me. My game was updated. I couldn't play after that. I couldn't play for about a year. That's because I was stubborn. I didn't want reinstall because I would lose my CC. I can play now that I reinstalled. I just can't log into Origin.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Too much old threat that aren't shiny anymore might be deleted or closed.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    If you mean gameplay in the Isla Paradiso world, that isn't "a" glitch. It's the poorly designed world that's doing that. The solution is to fix it up first or use a player fixed up world for you already to go as a saved game. Or play with the IP content in different worlds, the pack itself is fine.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

Is EllaCharmed world fixes for IP still good? If so, OP could download the world from her blogsite which I think is still up. But someone said this was one of the EP worlds that was never fully completed. There was also an awesome thread complete with a list of all DIY IP world fixes that players could do on their end. Stuff like relocating all NPCs on the houseboats to the main land, deleting several really buggy families, changing lifetime wishes to non IP ones involving water based careers etc etc. I'm bummed because I should've copied that into a word doc and procrastinated. Now I've lost track of that thread. :s

On the former TS3 dev team: When Lucy Bradshaw moved on to bigger things, IMO that was when it was RIP and nostalgic ending of a terrific franchise legacy. Who is still around working on current projects? Is it only SimGuruGraham who still appears to be active with TS4?
    edited March 2018
    @yoshi_dragur2012 - EllaCharmed's world fixes are fine, but for Isla Paradiso they really don't go far enough. Not sure why you are asking about a thread that lists everything that can be fixed as a DIY project when I have provided a link to a thread that does just that and offers up an already fixed up, ready to play world as a just starting out saved game. You've even quoted it. The only thing @ciane hasn't done is offer to come over to our houses and properly play Isla Paradiso for us. I'm sure she's working on a way to do that. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    > @somegirl23803 said:
    > Looking for friends on sims 3 can anyone add me? None of my friends are active anymore and I don't like the sims 4 as much as the sims 3 lol.
    > I apparently can't post my on post yet so I apologize for commenting this here.

I'm new-ish to Sims 3. I've had it for a year but I haven't tried adding friends. I would like some to gift to and also if any of you have the Showtime EP, I'd like to try that SimPort. Please add me!
    > @yoshi_dragur2012 said:
    >
    > Is EllaCharmed world fixes for IP still good? If so, OP could download the world from her blogsite which I think is still up. But someone said this was one of the EP worlds that was never fully completed. There was also an awesome thread complete with a list of all DIY IP world fixes that players could do on their end. Stuff like relocating all NPCs on the houseboats to the main land, deleting several really buggy families, changing lifetime wishes to non IP ones involving water based careers etc etc. I'm bummed because I should've copied that into a word doc and procrastinated. Now I've lost track of that thread. :s
    >

Isla Paradiso is one of my most favorite worlds and is one of the most I play! EllaCharmed's world fix is still good. I read all the articles on how to optimize that world and now my games in that world work pretty smoothly with very little lag.

I installed her world and also made some adjustments of my own according to the advice I've read from the articles:

1. Delete all houseboats you don't need and move any residents inland. I allowed for one or two because you don't really need that many.

2. Delete the port next to the Scott family's house. The game hangs when boats land there, so just get rid of it.

3. You don't have to delete the Scott family. You can move the Scott family somewhere else or you can modify their house because it's the design that is problematic. If you look at their house, they have narrow halls/walkways and stairways. You just need to make all of them wider so that sims have plenty of room to pass each other at the same time rather than determining who passes first. You could also just delete the house and put a better designed house with wide passages and staircases.

4. The port on the right facing the spa/bistro also causes the game to hang, so just delete that too.

5. The articles said you should delete certain houses because of design issues that make the game hang, but I took a look through all of them and I feel that a lot of them had too narrow passage ways and staircases. So I reviewed each on and made changes to widen them where necessary. This editing took the longest time. You might want to just replace them with houses that are better designed. After these changes though, the game ran very smoothly with little lag.

6. When I play Isla Paradiso, I only load two or three other packs: Ambitions, and Late Night are my necessity. But add only one more if I feel like it (like University Life). Also, I only install the CC I want for it (not my entire collection!).

7. Mods that are absolutely essential - I use these no matter what packs I'm playing with:
    -Nraas Master Controller
    -Nraas Error Trap
    -Nraas Overwatch

8. Other useful Nraas mods that work well with Isla Paradiso:
    -Nraas Traffic
    -Nraas Register
    -Nraas StoryProgression (I only use the base mod and careers option - anymore than that and my game starts to lag)
    -Nraas Relativity - I use this to slow down decay of needs and to speed up filling them. I leave the rate of the day unchanged. If you change the rate, it seems to lag Isla Paradiso.
    -Nraas GoHere

9. Routing mods that work well with Isla Paradiso:
    -bluegengitsu_SitOnMoreComfyObjects_BetterRoutingForGameObjects
    -bluegengitsu_NPCsExitAllRabbitHolesIn2MinuteIntervals
    -NoRouteFailAnimation-1_26 (not necessary but the animation is annoying and wastes too much sim time to execute)
    -bluegengitsu_NoFootTapping (same reason as above)
    -Twofootmama Route Fix Flavor 2 v9

10. Mods to make your town more "lively" and teeming with people:
    -ShimrodsTowniesOutOnTheTown163
    -ShimrodsServiceSimsOutOnTheTown1142942Ambitions
    -MSC_MOD (to fill up your night life venues)
    -icarusallsorts.FunInTheSun (to fill up your beaches)
    -bluegengitsu_MoreConversations (so they don't just stand around - they actually do talk to each other more including to your active sim)
    -also, this world has too many parks and fishing holes. I set all of them, except the main park, to "No visitors allowed". I also only have 3 night life venues, no more than that: a local watering home, a fancy fusion club, and a dance club. The MSC_MOD is useful for packing them with people.

11. I use Razer Cortex to boost my game and it really helps.

12. For video settings within the game, I set everything to medium. Reflections are not set all the way up - only for mirror. I don't like the water being so reflective anyway and the game just runs so much better this way.

So anyway. I hope this helps. I absolutely love this world and I think making those changes, saving it and using a copy of the saved edited world is worth all the effort. It is a truly beautiful world with so much stuff to do and so many islands and diving areas to discover and explore!
    > @igazor said:
    > @yoshi_dragur2012 - EllaCharmed's world fixes are fine, but for Isla Paradiso they really don't go far enough. Not sure why you are asking about a thread that lists everything that can be fixed as a DIY project when I have provided a link to a thread that does just that and offers up an already fixed up, ready to play world as a just starting out saved game. You've even quoted it. The only things @ciane hasn't done for us is offer to come over to our houses and properly play Isla Paradiso for us. I'm sure she's working on a way to do that. :)

igazor:

You're part of Nraas? I read a notice there that wikispaces is going to close soon. Is there a way to be notified when you guys move other than visiting the page every so often?
    edited March 2018
    igazor:

You're part of Nraas? I read a notice there that wikispaces is going to close soon. Is there a way to be notified when you guys move other than visiting the page every so often?
    We aren't going to be that difficult to find. If we are able to complete the move well in advance of when the Wikispaces shutdown hits us at the end of Sept, then the wiki homepage will have our forwarding address on it at least for an interim period. We may even be able to do a redirect. After that, you can find me and my signature line here, and other forum members here will know, it will be on message board threads, we do have a Facebook page, three of us actually on the NRaas team have a presence at MTS, etc. We should also get indexed by the major search engines quickly enough. But honestly, the URL of the new site is not going to be that hard to guess either as it's our own domain and not parked on a service like Wikispaces or its prior home years ago at the site formerly known as CrazyTown. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @yoshi_dragur2012 - EllaCharmed's world fixes are fine, but for Isla Paradiso they really don't go far enough. Not sure why you are asking about a thread that lists everything that can be fixed as a DIY project when I have provided a link to a thread that does just that and offers up an already fixed up, ready to play world as a just starting out saved game. You've even quoted it. The only thing @ciane hasn't done is offer to come over to our houses and properly play Isla Paradiso for us. I'm sure she's working on a way to do that. :)

From my research, @ciane has not used EllaCharmed's fixed world - unless she's released it recently. I think I read her saying she has it and is using it herself but didn't want to distribute it.

The thig is Ella Charmed fixed issues with the world itself and provided a world file that replaces the world file in Program Files (x86). She then had a lot of personal issues that affected what she could do and never got around to fixing the things anyone could do for themselves but she did list the issues that she knew of that still needed fixing.

The ideal fix to actually get it working, in my opinion, would be to get EllaCharmed's fixed world and then fix all of the build and buy errors added to the world by whoever made it in the first place.

Unless it is taken into the world editor the routing errors built into the world itself are not fixed or dealt with in any way if all you are fixing are the lay out of the houses and the furnishings inside them.

I use Ella Charmed's fixed world but haven't gone into the detail of fixing all of the houses. I've found bulldozing a few of them helps as does annhilating the intended inhabitants of some of them as just getting rid of their broken homes isn't enough. Place them into any other home that isn't broken and they still get constantly stuck. And I'm not talking about the Scotts, although they are a problem too.

I do play in Isal Paradiso often with EllaCharmed's world. I was planning to use Caine's save file but when I realised it had not addressed any of the world related issues I decided to stick with the one that had fixed things I don't have the skills to fix myself.
    edited March 2018
    @Karritz - Although it does seem counter-intuitive, our lead developer and a couple of other NRaas members have shown that some fixes, notably those related to world lot routing, that are provided on a fixed underlying .world file will affect a saved game like ciane's that was not originally created with the underlying .world lot file in place at the time. Hence the conclusion that her world can be used either with or without EllaCharmed's fixed .world file with the latter providing more benefits than the former even though it was not part of or used in her solution files.

Anyway, the IP world in my ongoing game was established with EllaCharmed's .world file but without ciane's nhd because it was long before she produced that. I bulldozed the known to be problem lots, replaced them, rehoused the evicted sims elsewhere, and got all but about two of the households on houseboats off of them and into houses on land as well. I never noticed that any of these re-housed sims continued to have issues. Maybe I didn't play there long enough for that to have happened, but other than still finding residences where the front doors were in the wrong place or not being recognized, gameplay was fine after that for me, with NRaas mods in play of course. Interesting that others have had different experiences with those sims.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @igazor in my Isla Paradiso Bunch game the Ichtaca family were an enormous problem no matter where I moved them. I had already bulldozed their castle.
    edited March 2018
    Karritz wrote: »
    @igazor in my Isla Paradiso Bunch game the Ichtaca family were an enormous problem no matter where I moved them. I had already bulldozed their castle.
    Loved the way that castle looked but that was one of the ones that had to go for me as well. I did my best to give them a more modern "castle" that royalty could be proud of. Don't remember if I placed it on the same lot or in the area of the same lot though, it might have been elsewhere entirely. Will try to pay attention to them the next time I rotate into that world in my still ongoing game, it has been a long while now. The other three I had to bulldoze and relocate were Scott (of course), Medina, and Los Amigos...and then almost everyone who lived on houseboats except I left the household of playable ghosts alone figuring they might be able to just "glide" over any troublesome areas and I left the houseboats and ports themselves in place (except for Scott's) in case I ever wanted to use any of them in the future. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top