Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Looking for a fairytale castle for sims 4.

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
edited November 2017 in Build/Buy Custom Content
The search function on the gallery is horrible, can't even find decent family homes, all I'm getting is empty lots or base game lots. its showing the same lot over and over, and I'm not interested in that particular lot.I'm sure I've seen castles in the past.

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @Springfairy556 I would suggest waiting until later in the month to search the gallery again. The November update has some beautiful new roof shapes that really lend themselves to fairy castle spires for 6 and 8 sided turret rooms. When you search make sure to do the following steps for the best results:

One the left side menus:
    1. View Content by: "All" This will bring up everyone's creations. :Maxis Curated" are either made by Maxis or followed by Maxis. The "Following" option brings up only those creators you have chosen to follow (to do that open any item, click the creator's name, then choose follow, then it the blue x in the top right corner to return to the gallery)
    2. Sort By is rather subjective, you can play around with those options
    3. Category "Lots"; this will open some subcategories for you.
    "Size" allows you to search for a specific lot size; say you choose 20x15; only those lots that are 20x15 will be shown
    "Price" will narrow your choices even more by only showing lots in that price range that meet the size parameter you have chosen
    "Lot Type" allows you to search only residential lots or parks or bars or libraries or what have you
    4. The "Packs" option allows you to include packs you own in your search (all or tick just the ones you want); show all packs whether you own them or not, or you may simply search just by base game
    5. Up in the right hand corner you will see a drop down menu with the options for "Item Name"; "EA Account ID"; and "Hashtag"
    I find it most useful to search by Hashtag as I don't have to know the specific lot name or creator of what I am looking for. Just remember Hashtags are all one word.

If you type "castle" into the search field, it will bring up every hashtag that contains the word "castle"; choosing one at a time you may explore the options. For example, I chose castlehohenzollern; this search does not yield any finds as it doesn't meet my parameter of a 20x15 lot. So, I can simply go back to my choices on the left and set the "Size" to "All" and voila castlehohenzollern appears, and it's a whopping 64x64 lot.

You can also try variations of fairy, Victorian, brick, estate, mansion...pretty much anything you can think of. If the search yields nothing and you have the all the lot settings set to "all" it could be that the item is a household, room, or a completely different style of lot (example library or park)

Remember, you can choose your location from the world map before you open the Gallery, if you like, then the parameters for that specific lot with be ghosted on the left, you will need to choose those options to enable the parameters. OR you may open the gallery and do your thing first, then place the lot in a spot of your liking, so long as the lot is small enough. (You can't put a 64x64 in a 30x20 spot BUT you can put a 20x15 there if you like)

I hope this helps! As I said, there should be some really fantastic builds coming up later this month!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2017
    Using the hashtag gave me better options, thank you.But still really couldn't find anything I liked.
    Most of the time the gallery gives me empty lots or like just a lot with 4 walls on it.Its really weird with its results, or the lots are all uploaded in a foreign language, I'm kind of picky and prefer to download lots uploaded in english lol.But I was able to find retail lots using the hastag, thanks!

Still looking for a castle.I want to do the Cinderella Challenge, also would be nice to find retail shops.