Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member

I agree, although I now use MCC so that let's me know in advance what they're having.

Question: Do you let the game decide whether your sim has a boy or a girl or do you decide or is a case of both?

So far, for gen 2 I let the game choose but then switched it up for gen 3. :)

Most of the time, I let the game decide. There are sometimes where I use strawberries/pop music or carrots/alternative music to dictate one way or the other-usually for the sake of a naming theme. (The one example I can think of was my "Star Wars Actors" house; they already had boy twins named Mark and Harrison thanks to the On Ley Line lot trait, so I had the mom eat strawberries and keep earbuds with pop music on all through the third pregnancy, and then had her give birth at the hospital so she would have a single daughter I could name Carrie.) I was tempted to force some boys towards the end of my last round, too...if you look at the Halloween pic of all my toddlers, you'll notice the gender divide is a little lopsided.

@purplestarz2006 Does giving birth at the hospital guarantee you'll only have one child? Good to know!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Anyone know any good mystery simlits? Long story, i'm currently reinventing both my third and fourth simlit stries (losing ideas on them and there's only 3 chapters between them so far so not a huge loss.)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Karilan wrote: »
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Just stopping by to show im alive.

The past four days have been busy. I went to a jack o lantern exhibit, went to a baby shower, GOT MARRIED, and went trick or treating with fam

I love halloween time :blush::blush::blush:

Ps. We definitely got eloped, because we were tired of waiting to plan a wedding. I guess went with the sims way xD

congrats.

at least you didn't do it the bender way noel and lauren had 5 kids and 1 on the way before they said i do................ i wonder what sims say fr vows. i never thought of that before now.

Do you think it involves something about them being married until the creator decides? :D

'Til Watcher do us part? :D
    Karilan wrote: »
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Just stopping by to show im alive.

The past four days have been busy. I went to a jack o lantern exhibit, went to a baby shower, GOT MARRIED, and went trick or treating with fam

I love halloween time :blush::blush::blush:

Ps. We definitely got eloped, because we were tired of waiting to plan a wedding. I guess went with the sims way xD

congrats.

at least you didn't do it the bender way noel and lauren had 5 kids and 1 on the way before they said i do................ i wonder what sims say fr vows. i never thought of that before now.

Do you think it involves something about them being married until the creator decides? :D

'Til Watcher do us part? :D

because i restarted so many times i didn't realize til jes and sis pointed it out last time there wasn't a backstory. but aparently this time when i tried to do a backstory with just noel and lauren they thought it took to long. and either way they would have had 6 kids because its a redo.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited November 2017
    Anyone know any good mystery simlits? Long story, i'm currently reinventing both my third and fourth simlit stries (losing ideas on them and there's only 3 chapters between them so far so not a huge loss.)

If by mystery you mean slow-building thriller, then there's @AdamsEve1231 's La Vita Bella, or my Shadow Over Newcrest series. As for traditional whodunnits, I haven't come across any as of yet. Although, that might be a really good idea...
    15aewar wrote: »
    Hey everyone! A quick announcement about the Sims Stories for November - and happy NaNoWriMo!
    https://wordpress.com/post/rendorasims.wordpress.com/2672
    oldschoolrendora.png

What's NaNoWriMo?
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

If by mystery you mean slow-building thriller, then there's @AdamsEve1231 's La Vita Bella, or my Shadow Over Newcrest series. As for traditional whodunnits, I haven't come across any as of yet. Although, that might be a really good idea...

By extension, the full Kassiopeia Fullbright Mystery Series is great/possibly necessary to read with La Vita Bella. And between the stories you'll be occupied for a while. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

I agree, although I now use MCC so that let's me know in advance what they're having.

Question: Do you let the game decide whether your sim has a boy or a girl or do you decide or is a case of both?

So far, for gen 2 I let the game choose but then switched it up for gen 3. :)

Most of the time, I let the game decide. There are sometimes where I use strawberries/pop music or carrots/alternative music to dictate one way or the other-usually for the sake of a naming theme. (The one example I can think of was my "Star Wars Actors" house; they already had boy twins named Mark and Harrison thanks to the On Ley Line lot trait, so I had the mom eat strawberries and keep earbuds with pop music on all through the third pregnancy, and then had her give birth at the hospital so she would have a single daughter I could name Carrie.) I was tempted to force some boys towards the end of my last round, too...if you look at the Halloween pic of all my toddlers, you'll notice the gender divide is a little lopsided.

@purplestarz2006 Does giving birth at the hospital guarantee you'll only have one child? Good to know!

Yeah, I discovered that little trick awhile ago. The lot trait only kicks in if the Sim gives birth on the lot; if you send them to the hospital, it won't affect the number of babies. You might end up with multiples anyway, but not with the increased odds.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    Hey everyone! A quick announcement about the Sims Stories for November - and happy NaNoWriMo!
    oldschoolrendora.png

What's NaNoWriMo?

@Bugsie2016 National Novel Writing Month. It's basically a yearly thing where people try to write a full draft of a novel over the course of November.
    oldschoolrendora.png

What's NaNoWriMo?

@Bugsie2016 National Novel Writing Month. It's basically a yearly thing where people try to write a full draft of a novel over the course of November.

Thanks for explaining :)
  • StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    To other wordpress users, do any of you know if there is a way to filter what gets listed on the previous and next post buttons on your blog? Mine is currently listing everything I've posted and I would prefer if I could organize it better so that the buttons only link to the previous and following chapters.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited November 2017
    @BBQPenguinWings @pronterus @InfraGreen @lovesstorms @Simslover163 @OJenn @cecerose0208 @AdamsEve1231@Bugsie2016 @friendsfans367 @LegacySims2017 (I hope I didn't miss anyone!! <3 )

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!!!!! <3<3<3 I came through and "awesomed" them all on the couple times I've visited the forums since my birthday but haven't been at a desktop to respond properly. I super appreciate the love even though I haven't been around the lounge lately. I hope you're all doing well! <3
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    (I hope I didn't miss anyone!! <3 )

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes!!!!! <3<3<3 I came through and "awesomed" them all on the couple times I've visited the forums since my birthday but haven't been at a desktop to respond properly. I super appreciate the love even though I haven't been around the lounge lately. I hope you're all doing well! <3

@CATHYTEA I missed you! How!!!! <3<3<3 (I quoted you originally, that's how!) LOVE YOU!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    (I hope I didn't miss anyone!! <3 )

@CATHYTEA I missed you! How!!!! <3<3<3 (I quoted you originally, that's how!) LOVE YOU!

i don't know how either she talks the most.

she not here right now so i'm safe. but last time i hit post she came right behind me.
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Thanks everyone!!! :)
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    oldschoolrendora.png

What's NaNoWriMo?

Thanks for explaining :)

I tried to do it once awhile ago but I forgot about it. But I got re-interested because of Matt Guion aka Bandgeek8408 who is in his 10th year of doing NaNoWriMo. I don't think I will make it to 50,000 words because I have an adventure planned by Mom for Nov 17th. I'm helping out on Nov 29 and 30th with our church's play.
    6adMCGP.gif
    #BUILDNEWCREST CHALLENGE: SIMSELF LEGACY EDITION

- Build Newcrest Challenge: Simself Legacy Edition

No new chapter today. Current readers not caught up get the opportunity to do so. Haven't started yet? Now is the time to start the binge. Days/Chapters are nice and short. The next day/chapter is already set to publish 12:00am CDT on November 2nd.

08-31-17_8-23-16-AM.png?w=800

i am but you better have one on the 9th because i can't download cats and dogs til 9 pm.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

@VanityHigh had a mystery who-dunnit! It was awesome!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

@VanityHigh had a mystery who-dunnit! It was awesome!

I totes did, thanks @CathyTea It's here if anyone fancies a little look: https://vanityhigh.com/a-murder-most-plum/

*returns to lurking*
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    To other wordpress users, do any of you know if there is a way to filter what gets listed on the previous and next post buttons on your blog? Mine is currently listing everything I've posted and I would prefer if I could organize it better so that the buttons only link to the previous and following chapters.
    @AuroraLockwood I haven't found a way to make the built-in buttons do that, but what me and several others do is put text or images at the end of posts and link those to the previous/next posts in the series.
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member

I'd like to see a whodunnit involving our simselves or something :lol:
  • VanityHighVanityHigh Posts: 1,300 Member
    pronterus wrote: »

Oooh I did this for a Halloween event we did on here a couple years back (https://vanitymurdermystery.wordpress.com). I really need to get back into writing I forgot how much fun these were!

I think that would be a wonderful idea!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I think that would be a wonderful idea!

Me, too! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

I carefully avoid carrots/strawberries but occasionally watch the kids network because I want twins darnit!

Grace spoiler:
    Both Brooke & Veer had fertility traits but still no twins. :(

D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top