Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer I'm constantly revamping my houses. I recently turned Gardenia's alchemy lab into a bedroom for Adam and moved all her alchemy stuff into the cellars/basement of the house. I made Autumn a studio bedroom in the basement even though I really knew she wasn't going to live there long, just wanted her to have it while she was there. :)
    All that fancy work you did and I didn't understand much more than Photoshop. I do love the pic though. I like the view of the house over the falls. I put Gimp on my puter and can't do much more than open it and some days it won't even open. Puter and program challenged....that is me.

@Mikezumi Thanks for the comments. I was surprised as she came out full from eating there, so perhaps it was served raw. :lol: I didn't really blame Autumn from not wanting to chat with the ghost either.

@Karritz lol at Louise turning into a zombie!

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @Karritz I don't think I would like skyscraper tops getting in the way of my view so Dragon Valley does sound a little more desirable. Having said that, I mostly want the new worlds for what comes with them and the sims that populate them.

That's what makes it hard to decide. I have all of the worlds - mostly to get the stuff that comes with them. Some I hated and didn't play for years and then after a while they grew on me. EG: Lunar Lakes. It was too small and I just thought it was a waste of space until Into the Future was released. Then suddenly it became one of my favourite worlds.
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Phew, another round of playing catch-up! But great updates, @all! :)

Not much to update in my game, except that it's extremely stressful! :lol::confounded:
    At least I finally managed a few moment for Connor to call Shara... so help is on the way! :lol:
  • Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited October 2017
    I haven't been able to play for over a week as I have been quite sick.
    *I hope there is a special place in H*ll for people who cough and sneeze in public without covering their mouth. >:)
    Still not 100% but I'm getting there.

@Karritz I like the look of your new sims. :) I agree that variety is more important than perfection.
    *Modless, I'd get zombies spawning every full moon. Since I started using mods, I see zombies far less often. Maybe there's a default setting in something that reduces the chance of them spawning.

@bekkasan Great story about Autumn. :) I'm looking forward to finding out who her mate is.

@Charlottesmom Wha? :o You killed your SS? That's just wrong. :D

@LunBeauty Fabulous new story in MH. :)

Thank you to everyone who offered opinions on which sim to use for my new game. I've actually decided to use this sim instead.
    I'm not sure how Italian she looks but anyhoo .. meet Maria Capaldi.
    Being Italian, Maria is Family Oriented, Hot Headed and a Natural Cook. I've also made her Brave; I figure you'd need to be to have a heap of children outside marriage in a place like Monte Vista. Her 5th trait is Green Thumb.
    Screenshot-33.jpg
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Also, something I noticed, since he just had another one... But it seems like whenever Jason Michael has a school day with a field trip involved, afterwards, he goes to a hot spot in town, instead of back home.

Anyone else have this? Am wondering if there is a mod setting I need to tweak.
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I am about to take my son out for a couple hours but will download and install as soon as I get home.
    You are too generous *hugs*
    Thank you so very much :)
  • Options
    @wendyyi1 thanks. I have no mods in my game on my new computer so I can't do anything about it by setting mods. The zombies don't usually annoy me and I had a lot of fun with this particular zombie encounter. The only regret is that I didn't have OBS Studio running at the time so I missed recording it on video.

I'm glad to hear you're recovering. It isn't nice to be sick.
  • Options
    @mikezumi Skyscrapers Are Stoopid!!!! :angry:

Imagine if a desert had them

:D

Good thing they don't

Speaking of deserts

ncvrdbW.jpg

You know what they say....

CRZxyZf.jpg

Soooo

zGZCEIe.jpg

:heart::heart:

Wishing Well :)@Mikezumi 's sims will be able to fish in their basements now if they want to.
  • Options
    @Karritz So they will! I never thought of that but I do remember seeing it many times in your pics :)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2017
    @karritz And can kiss frogs :p plus there are some good guys in Lucky Palms for Zumi to boink.

@mikezumi Wishing for wealth there is a chance you will find car keys and when you do you will hear a car horn while holding keys any Sims 3 car will appear in your inventory.Is random could be junker or something awesome,LP is my favorite world Hope you love it.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    So I was going to do some comments last night but then I played a game of netball and got elbowed straight in the teeth... Yes I'm still hurting after that one. Not to mention falling over because I was wearing brand new socks lol.

I'll start from 1987, and I'm typing on my phone so I'm sorry for any weirdly mispelt words.

@bekkasan You have some lovely pictures. Those little boys are cute, it makes me wonder what young vampires are afraid of anyway. I think Gardenia couldn't wait to jump in the hot tub with Victor.
    @PalmArrow Your wintery game looks beautiful. That little dog must be so cold it's practically buried in the snow. Congratulations on your new boy. I like to give my sims the likes the cold/heat trait if they're born in winter and summer sometimes.
    @Silverofdreams30 Wow what a vivid pink your sky is.
    @king_of_simcity7 Hey I hope you're feeling a bit better. Getting your heart broken really sucks.
    @KevinL5275 I like the name of Prototype for a plumbot. Your wedding ceremony was beautiful, it looks like you had a lot of guests turn up.
    @thuggishsplicer Great updates of your families.
    @lanlyn Such fun Halloween pictures. I don't think I've ever played around with the cauldron before.
    @Silverofdreams30 Nice update.

@SeaSide Hi! Have you tried uploading your pictures to sites like Imgur or Flickr? Just linking to your files from your documents folder won't work.
    @Nikkei_Simmer I've gotta say, I don't think I've ever watched an ice hockey game. It will be interesting to see if you can replicate something that resembles a real match in the game.
    @imdragonit Your build looks beautiful.
    @CravenLestat Great sweater patterns. They would be so cute on tights.
    @Mikezumi I'm still fairly young but I have my moments too. Just the other week at the dentist I had to be corrected because I was so sure that I was 22 when I'm actually 23. It's embarrassing thinking about it now. My memory is really shocking sometimes so you don't seem that old to me.

I wasn't able to comment on your older updates. Just when I had gotten used to the kids in your Sam and Dean game :wink:. This looks like your 5x5 house. Congrats on Glyn's graduation. I bet you're glad he didn't get the backwards cap. I love the cheek pinch too it's very cute.
    @bekkasan I really hope your Autumn finds the one she's looking for. She's very brave for going so far on her own.

Sadly she isn't having any luck so far. There's only so many places to look, I hope this life mate is worth all the time spent searching.
    @Karritz I'm glad you got your audio input working correctly now.
    @Mikezumi Your tweaks to Viktor are amazing. He has a very unique face.

@lisasc360 Fantastic Halloween pictures. Your haunted house looks so creepy from the outside, especially with the fogged windows.
    @Karritz It's been incredibly stormy lately here too. I hope Mickey was able to eventually calm down and get some sleep.
    @mikezumi I like your tweaks on Pedro too. He's pretty as a female too.

Eeek Stefan as a female is so bad. You made him look 100% better. I can see the resemblance in the brothers as well. Good job EA on that one.
    @CravenLestat I love your Amish pictures. Poor Molly will always be the one that got away. :cry:
    @Nikkei_Simmer Go Meg! Show that Tosh what you're made of.

@king_of_simcity7 Cute pattern :smile:
    @Namaya92 Congrats on getting everything on Steam. It is a really good sale I would consider if I didn't already own everything on disc
    @Ruedii Hi! Nice update on your sims.
    @LunBeauty Great start to your story. Odessa and Cedrick are so menacing. I love Kara's outfit, she seems so innocent and sweet. How mean of them to trap her like that. I can't wait to see what she does next and if she will ever escape.
    @Silverofdreams30 Liam does look funny. I can't tell whether he's happy or sad about waking up at 3.
    @polrbear Wow that's so interesting about your family. Being a paranormal investigator wouldn't be a boring job for sure. I love supernatural stuff in real life but in game my play style is as plain and realistic as possible lol. I still love that cute hat, it's perfect for all ages. You did a great job on Ashley's makeover. Mika Moore is so pretty I recognised her straight away. The girl with the shaved head is called Shannon. Stay away from that one. I made her part of my family back in SV and she is so mean to everyone.
    @LunBeauty I hope you feel better soon. You're doing a great job with the story so far :smile:. I'm glad Kara is starting to fight back a little. Odessa looks great with her red hair swept to the side.
    @emorrill I'm so sorry you're feeling this way *hugs*. I'm trying to help another friend of mine with depression at the moment, and I also personally know what it's like. Try not to feel stressed about catching up on this thread, like I'm one to talk... Just focus on helping yourself get better first :heart:
    @CravenLestat Mika in that hair is pure perfection.

@PalmArrow David is such a cute toddler. The purple eyes suit him.
    @ilikethesims30 It looks like Ryan and Rachel had a fun honeymoon. Hopefully they can regain their funds quickly. I didn't know there was a world based on NZ thanks for the link.
    @Faerie197 Yep this thread moves so fast I can't keep up and I check every day lol. Have fun with your new graphics card!
    @Charlottesmom Becky makes a good male. I like the bits of purple you added to their clothing. Bo will have lots of great guys to choose from if he swings that way. How did Becky drown when the ladder is so close! Haha Bo thinking about the hand cuffs.

@bekkasan It seems Autumn is almost on a holiday she's visiting so many nice places.
    @Karritz If those sims had any sense they wouldn't be standing so close to that fire. Good luck getting the rest of the badges. Sorry you're having trouble logging in. I assume you have cleared out Internet Explorer's cache?
    @Nikkei_Simmer Meg sure likes to breathe fire a lot lol.

@Karritz Playing Louise as a zombie looks fun. I kind of feel bad that she was getting laughed at by that guy.
    @Mikezumi You mentioned uneven sliders. I didn't know that was possible. Which ones do you recommend if you don't mind me asking?
    @Nikkei_Simmer I love the work you did on that landscape shot. The green misty tone suits the location perfectly.
    @CravenLestat Bree is definitely a looker, for all the wrong reasons lol. Hopefully I have time this week to have a go scraping all that makeup off her.

I have learnt my lesson to not try to type long comments out by phone ever again. I think I've gone cross eyed :lol:
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Did I see cookies? :love:

I don't feel like playing my game at the moment, and it's 4:11 am but I'm not tired yet so I'll look through a couple of pages in here. You guys always inspire me. :heart:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited October 2017
    @coco Sad part is the glasses on Bree make her look better.Edited for kindness.

Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Hahahha that's so mean, poor Bree is probably so used to people running away from her that she only has the mirror to keep herself company. :lol:
  • Options
    @coco thanks. I didn't clear caches. Haven't worked out how to do that yet. I think I'm using Edge. It's all different. I don't even think IE is on this computer. If it is I haven't found it yet. Haven't worked out much actually. Still a lot to learn but it is playing Sims 3 really well. Never played this long with EVERY graphic setting set to maximum. But I don't have any CC and not much of the store installed. And I'm still missing three Expansion and two stuff packs. They are here to install but I don't want to put my patch level above 1.55 for now.

I don't use my phone to comment unless I absolutely have to. My iPhone 7 is much better for that than the old 4. I upgraded when the old phone literally stopped working. I went into the shop to upgrade and told them I needed a new phone as my existing phone had stopped working. They were busy but didn't want to lose a customer so they gave me a voucher for a free coffee and took my phone number so they could call me when someone was ready to assist me. I gave them the number and it was duly written down. They I thought I'd ask how long it was likely to be as my phone didn't work. They gave me a number of approximate minutes. So I went and had the coffee and went back to the shop when I thought they may be ready to see me. They were frantic because they'd been ringing me and I wasn't answering my phone. I calmly informed them again that my phone doesn't work. I think that was the first time they heard what I was saying and they had to check it out for themselves and then said 'No it doesn't does it?'.

I also try to avoid using my tablet as I can't post links and it changes so many words to complete nonsense and I have to keep editing my posts and hope I pick up all the errors it's introduced to what I've written.

Mickey calms down after the storm has passed. One day last week I had him panting in my face for about an hour. It wasn't fun but there wasn't much I could do as putting him down on the floor just meant he scrambled up on top of me again. It's even less fun when at 3 am or 4 am I get woken up by a small dog standing on my chest panting in my face and trying to dig a hole in me.

Sims have no sense. That's why I ended up not getting pictures of that final sim. He just kept wanting to panic and run to the fires. I forgot to mention earlier the floor between the sims was on fire too.

I liked how they were all so close together and panicking and waving their arms through each other's bodies.

• Options
    @CravelLestat @Mikezumi there is the evil child too - as my sim Paula, discovered to her dismay.

Paula028.jpg

Paula029.jpg

She was horrified - but they seem to get along reasonably well.
  • Options
    @karritz And can kiss frogs :p
    In my experience, the frogs generally turn out to be an elder. :D

@Karritz If you have Windows 10, you have IE. You'll need to search for it, but it's there. I think you said you have Pro edition? I have Home edition so I'm not sure if it different but I just click the Windows icon in the lower left corner and start typing (even though there is no search bar).
    I have added IE to my Taskbar because the Sims 3 site uses it and clearing the IE cache generally fixes those sign-in problems.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    wendyyi1 wrote: »

@Karritz If you have Windows 10, you have IE. You'll need to search for it, but it's there. I think you said you have Pro edition? I have Home edition so I'm not sure if it different but I just click the Windows icon in the lower left corner and start typing (even though there is no search bar).
    I have added IE to my Taskbar because the Sims 3 site uses it and clearing the IE cache generally fixes those sign-in problems.

Thanks. I tried that and it just opened Edge again. It's icon is similar but not the same as IE. I'll have a better look if I ever need to do it again. I'm taking it slowly at the moment as I do need to know it as I have to start programming with it. That's why I got this computer - it didn't need to run sims but there are other things it had to do. It seems to run sims really well.
  • Options
    @karritz I don't think it works in Edge, but you should have IE it just might be hidden. If you search Internet Explorer in the taskbar it might come up. From there I think you just go to the little cog wheel in the upper right corner > Safety > Delete browsing history... > cookies and web site data. I don't have to do it often but it helps.

I wouldn't normally use my phone either but the longer I don't comment the harder it's going to be later. I've got a Samsung now, my last phone was a Sony Xperia and I'm having so much trouble trying to get the right words when I swipe on the keyboard. It takes me 2 or 3 goes to type a single word sometimes. They must not have been listening to you properly but at least they were nice enough to give you a free coffee.

The other night it was stormy all night here but I slept through the whole thing. My dog is only small but she doesn't get scared luckily.
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    Wow, I never thought I'd get so much positive feedback to my story. :) Thank you so much! Most of my stories are pretty slice of life so it might take me a bit to get used to this new style of gameplay. This isn't the first time I've done a heavily staged sim story, but it has been a while.

@Silverofdreams30 Most of the sims you see will be premades from Midnight Hollow, but I have added in some premades from other worlds as well.
    Very nice update! The kids are really cute!

@Charlottesmom I also have a bit of a soft spot for Odessa and Cedrick although I've never really properly played them. I thought they'd be perfect as vampires. I always figured that Odessa had a very...interesting relationship with her brother. :lol: In my take on them, nothing like that is really going on, but she still likes to tease him.

@polrbear I'm sure Molly is going to have fun in Uni! Ashley looks really good. Ooh, I guess she likes Molly. ;) All your sim make-overs are good. That last picture of the psycho-killer face girl is too funny. I've seen her in my game and she always has that expression. :lol:

@imdragonit Thanks so much!

@king_of_simcity7 I'm so excited! I love the supernatural aspect that the game has, but haven't really played it too much.

@CravenLestat Ahhhh, Mika! She is probably my favorite Uni premade! :love:

@CravenLestat Odessa is definitely one of the cutest Midnight Hollow premades. I've never really played Kara before, but she was perfect for the plans that I have for the main character.

@PalmArrow Little David turned out cute! Ugh, I can't stand that swampy hair that sims sometimes get when aging up. I'm sure you'll figure out what to do, but it's also fun to switch to other households/worlds and play other sims every once in a while. :)

@ilikethesims30 Very nice update and I love the pictures! :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks so much! :)

@Charlottesmom I love how you ended up genderbending your SS. :lol: He certainly gets around doesn't he? ;) Very nice update!

@MoonandStars83 Thanks for the comment!

@bekkasan I didn't want to change too much about them, although I did change Kara's skin so that she looked more human. I was going to base the story in Dragon Valley with a medieval theme, but there just isn't enough medieval CC out there and what does exist looks horrible in game aside from 2 or 3 pieces.

@Nikkei_Simmer Midnight Hollow is amazing. At first I didn't like how dark it was, but after exploring the town and its inhabitants, I fell in love. I want to keep that dark feel to it and that's why I kind of kept the lighting the way it was in Cedrick and Odessa's house. I figure they'd live in a place that was dimly lit, being vampires. The only room that's really brightly lit is Kara's bedroom. I rarely play vampires either. I usually stick with witches when I do Supernatural based stories. They both enjoy seeing Kara be uncomfortable.
    Odessa is definitely a bit more evil than her brother. Cedrick just likes what he considers cute and wants to take care of his pets. It was his idea to give her a nice room upstairs. Odessa would've been happy letting her sleep outside in the garden or in a less nice room.
    I'm not sure about the shopkeep. :lol: She was randomly generated when I put in the Elixir Shoppe. Odessa really is gorgeous. I never noticed how thin she was though, lol.
    Cedrick doesn't really have much time for his sister's teasings. But she doesn't go much further than just very mild innocent flirting.

@bekkasan I really hope Autumn finds who she's looking for. :( Being alone is hard sometimes.

@Karritz Wow that was a bad fire! So glad it was put out though and that the rain put out the one outside!

@Mikezumi Well, it looks like Glyn is outnumbered then. :lol: He'd better start brushing up on those parenting skills.

@Karritz Nice update and start to your story!

@Mikezumi Of course she feels helpless! She's trapped in that house with two bloodthirsty vampires who just think of her as dinner. Well, Odessa a bit more than Cedrick. Plus the only way she can escape is if she's led out by another supernatural or becomes a supernatural, herself.

@Nikkei_Simmer Very nice update! :)

@KevinL5275 I wouldn't be able to have these graphics if it wasn't for this amazing computer I have plus one of the many HQ mods that exist. Thanks for the cookies!
    I'm definitely going to continue. :)

@Karritz Another nice update! I've never really messed with zombies, but they are pretty funny in the game.

@wendyyi1 Thanks for the comment!

@coco Thank you! Kara is innocent for now, but in situations like this, you can't remain innocent for long. Her first outfit (the pink one) is from the Midnight Hollow collection and the second one (the lacy black and white one) is from Anubis. Cedrick likes his pets looking nice.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    wendyyi1 wrote: »

Thanks. I tried that and it just opened Edge again. It's icon is similar but not the same as IE. I'll have a better look if I ever need to do it again. I'm taking it slowly at the moment as I do need to know it as I have to start programming with it. That's why I got this computer - it didn't need to run sims but there are other things it had to do. It seems to run sims really well.

Sorry about that. :/ Given you were able to sign-in eventually, it obviously wasn't the IE cache anyway.
    It'll no doubt take you a little while to get the computer set up exactly as you want. I know when I got mine last year, I spent a lot of time Googling this and that to work out how to set things up as I wanted.
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    @CravelLestat @Mikezumi there is the evil child too - as my sim Paula, discovered to her dismay.

Paula028.jpg

Paula029.jpg

She was horrified - but they seem to get along reasonably well.

If you wish for a child, you'll have a chance of getting an Evil child or a Hydrophobic baby. :s Or if you're lucky, you get nothing. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top