Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Oh, @ZeeGee, but if they were real, just sayin'... IF.... think of the fun we'd have choosing which one we'd like to spend time with.
    Heck, that could be a thread of its own. "This is the Sim I'd most like to spend time with and here's why" ;)
    Ok, I think I'm going off the deep end here.

The sarcasm didn't come through I guess. I TOTALLY think my sims are real. :) And I think there is a thread like that over in general discussion, seriously. :lol:

Sorry about the puter problems. I can relate. A lot of us can relate. Feel free to moan about it. We all do. I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about computers just trying to keep S3 running! Finally got there.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited October 2017
    Ok, so I think I've mentioned my project to recreate my childhood family summer home 4 Alice Street to compliment my childhood home 25 Cute Street.

It needed a specific type of lot, one with a steep incline. @funkeeferret found me one in Twinbrook. So I've started on it. While working on the structure, which is presenting some challenges, I've already been thinking about fixtures and furnishings. When I was growing up in the 70s the house was outfitted with stuff from the 50s. That was because nothing there was new. Also, some structural stuff was determined by the limited budget. We weren't rich. My dad just got an affordable lot and built the house piece by piece as the funds became available.

So I'm looking to keep the build authentic and am going to use cc rather heavily to accomplish this. It started with necessary doors and windows. After crossing the line into cc, I am willing to go whole hog. I have quite a bit already, but am still looking for stuff. I figured I'd ask if anyone else has come across items I'm looking for. Here is my wish list.

I'm still looking for: curtained lower cabinets and open upper cabinets; a drop down attic staircase prop that isn't functional (the attic is too short for Sims, and the stairs would not work in the location anyway;) a cabinet sewing machine; a standalone stovepipe prop, one floor high (it's actually a plumbing vent pipe, but I figure the stovepipe is more readily available)
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Hey guys!

Been a while again, I'm afraid I'm now one of those pop-inners. Every now and then I pop in to say hi ;)

I had so much fun in my game today, I'm crazy busy with school, but I found a way to combine hobby and work haha! I rebuilt a school I built a while ago, to make it fitting for a schoolproject. Sadly I couldn't put the rabbithole in, because it's for a serious project, so sharing won't really be an option. But maybe I can share some pictures for the fun of it. I haven't decided yet haha!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    @SjappielovePaul I'd love to see it, even if you don't share the finished product. And I'm glad you were able to fit some game time around class and studying.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi, this is the house I've been working on for the game. The back and side areas outdoors still need to be completed and the house needs to be tested. Hoping to enter the house this weekend.

This is a 4 bedroom house that @Pinkiesweets4 might like. :)

pvtsg6j.jpg

The house will be tested in Twinbrook at 17 Sweetwater Loop and also testing it at 99 Landgrab Ave in Sunset Valley (as shown in the photo) and will most likely finish up the house in Sunset Valley. 30 x 30 lot.

*EDITED* to add that I moved the house to a larger lot 40 x 30 on Landgraab Ave for more outdoor space.

*EDITED AGAIN* to add that I will be uploading the house today Oct 29. It's all set to go but I'm dog sitting right now so it will be later today.

I hope more people play the Gift of Creation game! I would love to make something else in time for the deadline, time permitting, but I don't want to be an entry hog, lol.

@Sjappielovepaul, I hope you decide to share your photos. :)

Post edited by funkeeferret on
    @SjappielovePaul I'd also love to see the pics. I think I remember that school. Didn't you originally build it for a contest? It was really cool.

@funkeeferret Love the house! The colors are great and the landscaping is amazing. Can't wait to try it out in game too. Enter all you like. There's no limit on entries. And at this rate doesn't look like we'll get many this month so knock yourself out!!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @SjappielovePaul I'd also love to see the pics. I think I remember that school. Didn't you originally build it for a contest? It was really cool.

@funkeeferret Love the house! The colors are great and the landscaping is amazing. Can't wait to try it out in game too. Enter all you like. There's no limit on entries. And at this rate doesn't look like we'll get many this month so knock yourself out!!

Yep! I built it modelled after a Scandinavian school, so for the project I had to make it look Dutch, so no blue wooden outside, and it had to be middle/high school, so I had to take out the daycare area and elementary stuff. It's not as vivid as it was before, but it's perfect for a realistic Dutch school haha!

Funny enough, the entrance I like more in this one, I didn't have to reserve any space for a rabbit hole, so it looks better :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    It's funny, I was writing a post asking for a list of wishlists, and stumbled on the one that already exists. Oops.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited October 2017
    @Pinkiesweets4 I don't remember if I've asked you this, but are you familiar with the Blueprint mode when building? I ask because I could build a nursery that you just plop down into an existing house. If you don't know about it, take a look over on my build thread (link in my siggy.) I give a decent explanation there with my latest build, a free standing greenhouse. Then let me know if you'd be interested and what size room(s) you'd want. Or give me a size and you can build it as an added room next to any existing house, the way we would add a nursery in the real world.

I truly enjoy designing nurseries, and doing it this way I could give you a variety relative quickly.
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited October 2017
    Hi Everyone, It's finally done.This house is my entry for the latest Gift of Creation game. :)

Creator’s Username: funkeeferret

Creator's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=funkeeferret

Item Title: Palmbury House

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @Pinkiesweets4 is the Creator of the Wishlist
    "4. A house that is 4 bedroom 4.5 bathroom with a garage"

The Palmbury house is 4-5 bedrooms. There are technically only 3.5 bathrooms, but one of the bedrooms that is next to the kids' bedroom, is the baby's room, that can be changed into a playroom or a larger type bathroom at some point, if needed.

Exchange Link: to download:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9153609

Description: Welcome to the Palmbury House!
    This 4-5 bedroom family friendly home boasts lush gardens and various species of palm trees. It is built on a 30 x 40 lot.
    The open floor plan is great for Sim gatherings with a spacious kitchen and family room with fireplace, and double doors leading out to the patio with grilling area, pool, hot tub, fire pit, play area for kids, and a tiny starter garden on the side of the house.
    There are five bedrooms: two adult bedrooms, one teen girl bedroom, a kids' bedroom, and a nursery.
    There is a garage with space for two cars, one inside and one on the driveway. I put a small laundry room, with @AlphaFen in mind, next to the garage. ;)
    If it makes any difference, the address I used is 74 Landgraab Ave in Sunset Valley, the first house near the Stadium.
    To see more photos of the house, with more details, there is an Imgur photo link below.

Details:

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used?
    No. There aren't any store items in this house either (new computer, haven't put my store items in yet).
    The Expansion packs I presently have in game and possibly used in this build are: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Supernatural, Pets, and Seasons.
    Stuff Packs: None
    I did not use CAP, I am not familiar with it, but I do have in-game recolors and prints throughout the house for objects. I sprinkled the house with zebra prints here and there, since Pinkiesweets4 is fond of those. :)

Do you have CC in your game folder?
    No.
    House has been Custard checked.

Yikes, I might need to resize some of these photos.

Entry Photos
    T9w0DkP.jpg
    bGPKiZh.jpg
    170z1ZM.jpg
    7ezjEmS.jpg
    vZAOeZo.jpg

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared. You can view the Funke Family of Sunset Valley, helping to test this house. Excessive amount of photos of the house, here:
    https://imgur.com/a/YPger

Final notes: I had a number of hurdles to cross with this entry because I was switching to a new computer after my old one was dying a slow death in the midst of all this. I had problems with the house layout and technique (because I'm still trying to get used to building in TS3) and moved it to three different locations, lol.
    I especially wanted to create more items for the game, especially liking the one request from @AlphaFen that said "For you to build something you've always wanted to do but never had a good enough excuse." I would love to try that soon, but with the computer problems and lack of time, I just could not pull it off this month.
    But all that said, I had lots of fun with this house, especially testing it with the Funke Family, lol, and learned more about building in TS3. :)

Inspiration for the front of the house and some layout ideas were based on this house:
    https://www.familyhomeplans.com/photogallery.cfm?PlanNumber=52924

Thanks for viewing! I hope you like the house, Pinkiesweets4. :)
    Post edited by funkeeferret on
    @funkeeferret That is a LOVELY house. And it's so big! I love big houses with lots of bedrooms cause there are so few in game. Great job!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @funkeeferret That is a LOVELY house. And it's so big! I love big houses with lots of bedrooms cause there are so few in game. Great job!

Thanks, @ZeeGee. :) It turned out bigger than I thought.
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    edited November 2017
    Creator’s Username: Envyfan
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Envyfan
    Item Title: simple starter
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: ciane, #2 a small starter house
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9153769
    ver. 2 http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9153768

Description: a simple starter home for 1 or 2 sims, 1 bed 1 bath, modern-ish style?
    Details: made on a 20x20 so it could be placed on any 20x30. i wasn't happy with the minimal furniture version so i uploaded a fully furnished one as well (is that okay? can i do that??) the first one is cheap enough that one sim can live in it, and the furnished one is about 32,000 simoleons. please note: i have no idea how to make modern homes, they make no sense to me, i tried.
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? nope
    Do you have CC in your game folder? just body sliders

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/P8SNnM5.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/wPvtfFz.jpg[/img]
    ver. 2
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/4NeqaBp.jpg[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/TimxEpZ.jpg[/img]

does anyone know why i can't post links anymore??? it says i have to be around a little longer... WHY WAS I ALOUD BEFORE??? help...

*edit: pictures and links up!
    *edit 2: i have no idea how to get the pictures to show up.
    Post edited by Envyfan on
    edited November 2017
    Creator’s Username: SjappielovePaul
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    I'd like to give this person one more chance at it :)
    Item Title: Dalton High
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    ZeeGee - #4, a class room
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link:
    Dalton High
    Description:
    I actually built the school for a school project, therefore it's not fully functional. The good part of that, is that the school looks very realistic! It has a few regular classrooms, a few practical classrooms, designated study areas and leisure areas. On the outside of the school you'll find solar panels, a football field, a basketball field and, fitting for a Dutch school, a lot 'fietsenrekken'! (Those bike thingies)
    Details:
    No rabbit-hole
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used?
    No CC!
    Do you have CC in your game folder?
    Yes, Fresh Prince cars.
    And apparently some paintings with maps and stuff.
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:

Here's the school:

The outside;
    2coilx5.jpg

fdw07k.jpg

The inside;
    Two regular classrooms
    5b2v5l.jpg

28qx207.jpg

A couple of practical classrooms
    2lkbk12.jpg

k4b341.jpg

29wr7ed.jpg

4jl344.jpg

A fancy studying area
    2ccxqo5.jpg

Two areas for Leisure moments
    xfc0zm.jpg

wqy269.jpg

Maybe I can add a few more later, but for now, the retouched school! :)
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @SjappielovePaul That school is just amazing. Is it okay if I use it in my video series?

@Envyfan Not sure what's going on with the links. It wouldn't even let me copy paste your links. I had to find the builds on the exchange then copy/paste the link. Maybe @Jude525 can figure it out. I do know you don't have full privileges until you hit 30 comments and so many points. But it's strange that you could do it before and now can't, so maybe they've changed the rules? Anyway, hope you can find a way to post the pics cause you can't tell much from those exchange pictures and here's the link to the houses:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9153769

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9153768
    @SjappielovePaul Oh my goodness, I'm so dense. That schoolroom was actually on my wishlist so your school is an entry! Can you post an entry form with links? Or just edit your previous post to include entry form info?

Woo hoo! Five entries this month! And one more coming I think. Jude, you out there?
    edited October 2017
    Haha, that's okay! I'll do it in a bit, I first have to type out an interview I did for a presentation that I have tomorrow. I fixed everything else, but this still needs to happen lol!

ETA: it'll have to wait for a little bit! I had to fix some stuff for my group mates from the project :|
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @ZeeGee thank you so much for tracking down the exchange links. I guess i'll just have to post a bunch... ugh i'm not good with forums, it took me over a week to get the courage to post here...

if it helps, my account on imgur is Envyfan too, if you type envyfan. instead of www i think you should be able to see the album with the pictures.
    I'll try and get the link in just in time tomorrow!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Awesome, Sj. @Envyfan Don't worry. You will get there eventually. Everyone is so nice and friendly here in the store section. I've rarely seen an unkind word. Feel free to post in this thread as much as you want. You can review others builds or just talk out loud! Post some pics of your current sims maybe? You need a post count of 30 and then some points from people liking you or certain goals, but I don't remember exactly how many points.

Here is a welcome thread that you can post in to get your count up. I'll go through and make sure I've 'liked' all your posts to also get your count up.
    @ZeeGee everyone has been so kind! i've really missed getting feedback on things i've made, it's been quite a long time since i've posted drawing on tumblr or deviant art (i should probably get back onto gaia and do some requests to get rid of this artblock...)

OH! if anyone has sims they want me to draw let me know! i'm not that good at drawing and my style is all over the place...just let me know! and describe them a bit, it helps to know the character when drawing them!
    @Envyfan I've heard of Tumblr of course but not the deviant art or gaia. These forums and simming are the only hobbies I have time for. :) So you're an artist! Post some pics here and show us your art if you would like. :)
    edited October 2017
    The launcher won't sign me in :| I can't get it uploaded! Any tips or tricks?

ETA; Panicking too early, got in! Link will be added in a sec now!

ETA; Apparently I just got in on a different account, I didn't even know I had.... Very strange this all.
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @SjappielovePaul Rec'd and downloaded! Thanks :kissing: More feedback when I've had time to install and try it out. :)
    There's accidentally one CC item in it. I took it out now though, and as soon as my regular account works again I'll upload it again without the item.
    pkJ66Kv.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top