Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed! Cats & Dogs comes with a DVD!

Comments

• gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Just an update for the Greek Simmers out there who may be reading this thread: The "Public" chain of stores here in Greece has listed the C&D EP as available for pre-order with a DVD included. In case you didn't know it, friends. Sorry if this isn't the exact place to post such a comment, but I wanted to leave it anyway, in case someone finds it useful. Happy Simming!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Here in The Netherlands still no Disc Included version available to pre-order.

This is going to be the first EP without one here.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Well, I have found Tesco to have it and have pre-ordered, it says PC so I am hoping that it will be the disk version...it better be for £34.00!
    Just seen littlemisstorm's comment so my fingers are crossed! :smiley:
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    If anyone dose find it in the uk on disc please let me know , I like to have the exspanion packs on disc as I'm a bit of a collector , I was a little disappointed when I found out the vet careere wasn't an active one oh well I'm still buying it

Thanks and happy simming
    [quote="SamadamsPlayer;c-16114028"]If anyone dose find it in the uk on disc please let me know , I like to have the exspanion packs on disc as I'm a bit of a collector , I was a little disappointed when I found out the vet careere wasn't an active one oh well I'm still buying it

Thanks and happy simming [/quote]

When I get the one from Tesco I will let you know x
    thank you ManakoHime that's very kind of you

Happy simming
    No problem, happy to help ^-^
  • littlemisstormlittlemisstorm Posts: 79 Member
    I have now pre ordered my from Symths Toys it was £30 with free delivery.

And according to their email a disk version.
    thank you littlemisstorm , I'm going to wait till it comes out to buy I hopefully will have more options when I comes out plus I'll have reviews to watch £30 wow that's the most expensive exp yet I will defiantly have to save up for this one , so I have Tesco and Symths toys so far thanks again

Happy simming
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited November 2017
    Does anyone happen to know whether it will be available on disk in South Africa? I can't get any information from my usual stockist.
    I got mine from Symths Toys was meant to be a disk copy but it wasn't.

So I am really upset that I paid more and waited longer.
    I got my pre-order game from Tescos with no disk!!! Called them and told them that it didn't say it was a digital download on their website. The guy I was talking to agreed with me and will be sending out a new one which hopefully will have a disk in! I am not paying £34.99 just for a box!!!!
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I am also on the search for a disc version in the UK. It's so frustrating when it is not made clear.
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Same here in Italy :cold_sweat:
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    The one in Smyths (UK) has no disc. It's lazy marketing from EA though because the box it comes in clearly states, on the front: 'PC DVD.' Oh well, I guess at least I have a box for my shelf. Would have liked a disc though.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    The one in Smyths (UK) has no disc. It's lazy marketing from EA though because the box it comes in clearly states, on the front: 'PC DVD.' Oh well, I guess at least I have a box for my shelf. Would have liked a disc though.

I'm shocked :flushed: I have excatly the same problem!
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Hm, picked up my game at GameStop and it's just a box with a code, even though we always used to get the game with a CD before! :/

Yet it says PC/DvD ROM on the front.
    What is EA playing at? Is this really fair?
  • slydog857slydog857 Posts: 68 Member
    edited November 2017
    Bought from Argos UK last week, well preorderd it, I got GTW and GT here, didn’t get city living, I got it Digital which was annoying I didn’t get the box, but it was on a deal so (I’ll eventually just buy it for the box). CAD came in the mail and it said on the front DVD ROM and Argos staff on the website assured it would have a physical disc. No surprise, it didn’t. I was very angry initially because I could have saved £10 on the game. The box is nice to look at but I’m still a big annoyed. Was I going to wait? No I activated the game and I don’t mind. Since then Argos has taken down the page and put up a new one listed as a DVD but it probably isn’t. This isn’t the retailers fault as all of them received sealed boxes. EA have decided to screw up marketing. See if they ask for a recall... they better not expect the codes to be unused. If they do recall. I want a disc to add to my box.
    Specs:
    i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition: GTX 1080 8GB
    16GB RAM
    2 x 1TB HDD - Toshiba @ 7200 Rpm

maxresdefault.jpg
    Did anyone in England actually get a disk version of this EP?
  • slydog857slydog857 Posts: 68 Member
    Did anyone in England actually get a disk version of this EP?

You mean the United Kingdom, England isn’t the only country in the world.
    Specs:
    i7-7700K @ 4.2GHz
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming Edition: GTX 1080 8GB
    16GB RAM
    2 x 1TB HDD - Toshiba @ 7200 Rpm

maxresdefault.jpg
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    It's about a 2GB game.

But in order to play it, you have to download a 2GB patch.

So... yeah. You'll still have to suffer through slow internet.
    wJbomAo.png
    But it is a county by itself.
    This is sad, I am a long-term player just like nearly everyone else here and this is what we get?
    I don't blame places like Tesco and Argos etc if they were lead to believe it would be a disk game and that is what they put on there website but I have to ask, was it ever announced by EA/The Sims if there were certain places who would get the disk version and who would not? I watch so many simmers on youtube and surely at least one of them would have announced such big news!
    This has me a little worried about future EPs, are they going to be digital from now on? I prefer the disk version as I know that if anything should happen to my account, I always have the disks and don't need to worry about buying a new code or something. Plus, I really like seeing my CD collection grow, I have everything from The Sims all the way to now.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Response from Argos in Q&A still states theirs does include a disc, although buyers state otherwise. Tesco confirm theirs is a DLC. I would have preferred a disc as my internet is painfully slow, but I guess I'll just have to be patient.