Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin No Adblocker but error 20.2

BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
edited October 2017 in Mac - Technical Discussions
I wrote a post in the technical issues section about this but I don't know how to move the post. Origin won't update says there is a code 20.2 error. I looked up how to fix it and it says to get rid of antivirus, but I don't have one. I thought I might have malware so I installed one to find the malware and once I do that ill uninstall it after I remove the malware.

What else can I do and for future references how do I use origin to update my game without updating origin?

UPDATE: My impatience got to me and contacted EA. All it took was a reinstall.
Post edited by BoredinTX on

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Well, if it's 20:2, I turned off my Firewall for a few minutes and tried again and it worked. Then you can turn the firewall right back on again.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited October 2017
    It works this morning. I just tried it.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well, if it's 20:2, I turned off my Firewall for a few minutes and tried again and it worked. Then you can turn the firewall right back on again.

I don't have a firewall on my computer though.
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I don't have a firewall on my computer either and I was able to update this morning. Try again.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    BoredinTX wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »

I don't have a firewall on my computer though.

System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall.

The Origin reset tool is invaluable in situations like this - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/
    apple-signature.png