Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lost opportunity on new death

It's a shame they are not including allergies for a pets expansion...We could of have sims randomly dying from extreme allergies. Or maybe a raccoon bite. Just my two cents as I am a player that likes more random deaths.

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Or, death by barking madness.
  • Options
    SunshineSimmmerSunshineSimmmer Posts: 6 New Member
    Death by fear of cats
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2017
    It's highly unlikely a pet allergy will kill you. I have had pet allergies all my life and just take a pill once a day. I have always had pets and was an avid horseback rider for many, many years. I also do animal rescue. My allergies have never stopped me.

Now if I ate shell fish then yes my allergy to it could kill me from anaphylactic shock or even insect bites and stings - but with pet allergies not likely at all. People exaggerate their pet allergies unless they have severe asthma of course.

I have never not had pets - lol.

But no - I disagree about deaths related to animals in Sims 4 - now a days - especially when it is highly unlikely. If we were going to have allergies in the game they had far more chance of sims having issues what with all the grass, flowers, trees, bugs, and food in the game. Why on earth start with the allergy least likely to kill you. I have way more issues with bug bites and stings and ragweed than I ever do with my pet allergies. LOL.

ETA - Just to add, I know in previous Sims games and even this one, they said they do not use real life illnesses anyway - Obviously when one way a sim can die is laughing or embarrassed to death. Or like in Sims 2 - death by flies. Lol.

Outside of drowning, fire, poison, and old age - Sims seem to hardly die like real people do anyway.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    It's highly unlikely a pet allergy will kill you. I have had pet allergies all my life and just take a pill once a day. I have always had pets and was an avid horseback rider for many, many years. I also do animal rescue. My allergies have never stopped me.

It's also unlikely to die from embarrassment or laughing too much but that happens in the Sims 4.

• Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »

It's also unlikely to die from embarrassment or laughing too much but that happens in the Sims 4.

That's because they don't tend to use real death causes in Sim games outside of fire, drowning, old age and poisoning. I believe those are only in the game because Will Wright used them in it. As it was pets and babies could not die from those things outside of pet old age.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

It is likely if you think about what "death by embarrassment" could represent in the sims 4.
    A sim gets very very embarrassed to the point of not being able to go on. Then the sim dies...
    It's actually pretty dark.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    edited October 2017

It is likely if you think about what "death by embarrassment" could represent in the sims 4.
    A sim gets very very embarrassed to the point of not being able to go on. Then the sim dies...
    It's actually pretty dark.

But truthfully the emotional deaths really are based off of sayings attached to them all - like "embarassed to death" 'laughing ones head off (surprised their head don't pop off and go rolling down the street)etc. LOL. But technically being embarrassed or laughing too hard unless a human has another issue - is highly unlikely to kill them by themselves. It is a Sims thing.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I wonder if pets can bite or scratch sims and if there will be a moodlet for it? It would be interesting if a bite or scratch could transfer some kind of sickness to your sim, especially if pet was sick.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited October 2017
    It's a shame they are not including allergies for a pets expansion...We could of have sims randomly dying from extreme allergies. Or maybe a raccoon bite. Just my two cents as I am a player that likes more random deaths.

If they included allergies, there'd have to be some trait or something given to the sim to represent them having allergies. So if a sim owned a cat or dog despite their allergies and died because of the allergies, then it wouldn't really be a "random" death. Basically, you'd have to intentionally force a pet onto a sim with bad pet allergies. That would be a waste of resources....you have other methods to kill off your sims if you want to. Now, if you're talking about sims just randomly dying out of the blue from allergies and there being nothing prior to that indicating that they had allergies, then no thanks.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    So you wanted sims with pet allergies die by eating fur to cause extreme allergy? Who on earth would do that?
    Like always, no pets expansion pack have brought a new way to die for sims before. Let's wait for a next expansion pack or game pack and see if it brings new ways to die.
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    So you wanted sims with pet allergies die by eating fur to cause extreme allergy? Who on earth would do that?

yea...I never said that. Like at all.

• Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    @Writin_Reg anaphylactic shock happens with allergies.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The problem with being bitten by wild animals is that the could end up frothing at the mouth, and something tells me that rabies would exceed the teen rating.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    @Writin_Reg anaphylactic shock happens with allergies.

Exactly. and it can be a killer - but most usual with shellfish allergies, other ingested foods like peanut allergies, and bug stings.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Come on people. How is this any worse than death by fire or drowning or being poisoned by badly cooked puffer fish? Let's be real. I just don't think death by allergies is very funny. How about death by flea infestation because you never bathed your pet?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member

That's the only way I can think of getting extreme allergies from pets...
    As some breeds doesn't have fur (such as Sphynx), people with fur allergies can still have pets. However, they would have had hard time making the game recognize whether the pet has fur or not. That would be ending up with furless pets causing sims allergies.
    Do remember that patches have broken the club system in Get Together twice.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    What I'm surprised about is that they didn't add furries in considering how much the Sims team love the animal costumes :D:D
  • Options
    edited October 2017

That's the only way I can think of getting extreme allergies from pets...
    As some breeds doesn't have fur (such as Sphynx), people with fur allergies can still have pets. However, they would have had hard time making the game recognize whether the pet has fur or not. That would be ending up with furless pets causing sims allergies.
    Do remember that patches have broken the club system in Get Together twice.

Allergies to pets has very little to do with fur - after all fur is just body hair. It is the pet dander (shedded skin cells mixed with fur or even feathers) that people are allergic to. So it all depends on the animal dander. There are plenty of furry creatures and pet breeds who do not shed - they do not need to be hairless or featherless.

Even with those who have the troublesome dander - the shedding of same can be virtually eliminated by aware, caring owners. Like I brush my cat every single day along with my morning coffee. I vacuum frequently and wash my kitties bedding weekly. Also more cat breeds and even bird breeds have the troublesome dander than dog breeds do. But the fur alone is not the issue that creates allergy problems - nor is it really a serious issue in most people. The allergy reaction is the same that people with hayfever get - you know stuffy nose, runny eyes, sneezing. The allergy meds for pet allergy are pretty much the same meds as for hayfever. Keep in mind any grass, flowers, weeds, trees, EVEN GARDEN, can create a far worse allergy problem than a pet can in human beings because humans can control the environment in our homes and with good pet care on our pets, but we can't control nature outside us. Also did you know that some pets have a similar allergy to certain humans too, as some pets have issues with human dander shedding too. lol.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I think a death by racoon bite or fox bite would have been interesting! Since they're not usually pets, it could have been an added risk to own a pet that isn't usually domesticated.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Come on people. How is this any worse than death by fire or drowning or being poisoned by badly cooked puffer fish? Let's be real. I just don't think death by allergies is very funny. How about death by flea infestation because you never bathed your pet?

If I am recalling properly in former pets packs - if you did not bathe your dogs - they could be taken away by the social worker for mistreating them - so that is not something that could happen in the Sims. The pets park even had a automation device the strays could go into and get themselves cleaned of vermin even in a couple of the pets games. I honestly don't recall if Sims 1 had that too. So pets baths are part of proper care for Sims pets.I sort of assume they will also be part of Sims 4 as well.
    ETA
    Does appear there is an illness caused by fleas - so most likely won't get social workers involved this go around - but needing curing from a vet. Lol. So that is a bit of change.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    Death by having your eyes gouged out by your cat's claws.

Death by being eaten alive by your hungry Greyhound that you never feed.
    moss

• Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    What I'm surprised about is that they didn't add furries in considering how much the Sims team love the animal costumes :D:D

They added the weird hair with dog or cat ears attached to it and I've seen some cc tails.
    moss

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Have they said that there are no new deaths? I must have missed it, or simply forgotten it :)