Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2

dancingindiordancingindior Posts: 159 Member
Hi guys,

I know this is a long shot, and Origin gave Ts2 away for free a couple years ago, but I'm wondering if there is anywhere I can download it now?

Comments

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I would contact support and ask them. I do know people who got the UC after the free offer finished but they might have owned disc versions. It's worth a shot asking.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited October 2017
    You might be able to still get it if you contact EA support. Never tried that but I've heard that on their website they have an option to live chat with one of their consultants, if you provide proof that you own a copy of TS2 they should still gift you the collection :)
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    you can ask ea for a copy, you would have to do it through ea help calls though. just say that you missed the chance to get it and would love to have the sims 2 if possible. if you have the game itself and its not working you can use that to get a copy as well
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I contacted them on live chat saying if I could get the digital download of ts2 since my laptop doesn't have a CD drive. I sent them detailed pictures of my registration code and CDs. They ended up giving me whole collection to download.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I purchased a sims 2 game code on eBay for a couple bucks, with that I was given the sims 2 ultimate collection in the live chat. I think since I have all the sims 4 and some sims 3 stuff it may have helped.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I got the UC long after the offer had ended. I just had to take a pic of my Sims 2 cds and put it in the chat for the support person to review, then they added the UC to my origin. I had Windows 8 64 bit at the time, and I wanted a way to play Sims 2 on my computer, and basically UC is the only way to make that happen.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    A friend of mine recently contacted EA support to ask for digital copies of TS2. She showed a picture of her physical copies, had a few, not all though, and they were happy to give her the ultimate collection. I read her conversation with the EA support guy and was pleasantly surprised by how kind he was. I'm sure that they'd love to help you out. :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I got EA to give me the UC but I haven't installed it, as the last time I tried to install sims 2 from disc it messed up my computer so bad I had to put it back to factory settings 3 times, and I'm worried the UC will do the same.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    dancingindiordancingindior Posts: 159 Member
    I chatted to a lovely guy named Billy Ray on EA support and I just need to find even one of my games, take a photo with todays date and my support query number and they will send me the UC :) Thanks guys!!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @dancingindior no problem! i hope you enjoy it!
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    This is not the place to ask this - just saying
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited October 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I got EA to give me the UC but I haven't installed it, as the last time I tried to install sims 2 from disc it messed up my computer so bad I had to put it back to factory settings 3 times, and I'm worried the UC will do the same.
    UC is a completely different version than the disc version, that's why UC can run on a 64 bit machine, and a disc version can't. No need to be scared, it works fine. You can create a Windows restore point before you attempt it, if you're worried.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    UC is a completely different version than the disc version, that's why UC can run on a 64 bit machine, and a disc version can't. No need to be scared, it works fine. You can create a Windows restore point before you attempt it, if you're worried.

I actually have the disc version of TS2 running on my 64 bit laptop with Windows 10. Just gotta tweak lots of game settings and, in my laptop's case, some things in the game code, but after that it worked fine. My sister also has the disc version on her 64 bit Windows 10 laptop, works too. We both still have it on our laptops and occasionally play the game. I wouldn't recommend just blindly changing the game code, though, but I looked it up online and had some ICT knowledge beforehand and it all went okay. :) But if you can just get the UC collection, definitely go for that one.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    ToastyChanToastyChan Posts: 153 Member
    I wonder why they don't just put the UC back on Origin and making it only downloadable after you entered a registration code.
    "I've always loved the M35-Mako. It's got a heart, you know?" - James Vega

Simblr: witchybot.tumblr.com
    EA ID: KaKaPeuPeu