Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Springs or Lunar Lakes?

I know they couldn't be more different but I want to save up for a new world and would love to hear pros and cons of each please.

Thanks so much in advance :)

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    HS is larger and has more room for expansion (i.e. Store venues, LN lots). LL is smaller and has really interesting and offbeat house designs, IMO. Both can be quite beautiful. LL uses tiny rabbit holes which can be useful in other worlds (like Bellatrix, which requires LL).

I actually really enjoy both and have played several games in each. HS has a size advantage, but LL is unique with it's sci-fi/futurist focus. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I bought HS as part of the Worlds Bundle, which includes Monte Vista. I though MV was ok, but I like both HS and LL better.
  • Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Thank you @TreyNutz for your insight!! I think I'm going to save SP's for HS, I think I would use it more.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I have not purchased Lunar Lakes, as I am kind of letting that one wait until I have Into The Future and a bunch of Sci-Fi build/buy assets to play with.

But I do have Hidden Springs, and like it quite well. The mountain landscape is a nice change from more conventional towns and, while it can take some time to get around, I love the scenery.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Lunar Lakes is the perfect showcase for all the great things from Into the future. And it is perhaps the smoothest world in technical terms.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Lunar Lakes works really well if you want to play something quite literally 'out of this world'. I had fun using it and had no problems with lag or routing, you can also find a good selection of good matching builds for it.

I'm playing Hidden Springs at the moment and loving it. It works really well with Seasons and some of the views are gorgeous. It may be because I have put down some big and complex lots but it can be a little slow rendering all the textures when you first visit a location but I've had no problems with it. Being an 'earthly' world you'll have a huge choice of lots available that you can easily add to it.

Both are fun; I'd go with whichever best fits the next story you're itching to play. :)
  • p3dromoisesp3dromoises Posts: 113 Member
    I prefer Hidden Springs just because I play mostly with usual things.
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Hidden Springs is better in my opinion. I'd get more use with my type of game play.
  • mortimorgothmortimorgoth Posts: 30 Member
    Hidden Springs because why would you want to live on a random planet with a bunch of randoms? I like to have my sims live a luxurious lifestyle in Hidden Springs, but that is just my opinion. :)
  • Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    If we're still commenting here then I'd say Lunar Lake- it's just really imaginative and the build items can be used elsewhere. It doesn't have to just be another "planet" but could also be used as Fantasy type of world or to build that sort of world for say fairies and other fairy tale type creatures. You can also enter the geodesic domes using this world! It gives you the opportunity to create imaginative houses and greenhouses for a standard sims world. It is a very nice tie in with Into the Future as well and some of the other Store sets like "Future Shock".
  • PhoibePhoibe Posts: 66 Member
    Both worlds are great. But I play mostly in Hidden Springs. I love this world :)
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    Hidden Springs. Some items that sims have ruin the theme of Lunar Lakes and makes it not as fun to play. Besides Hidden Springs is so beautiful.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2016
    I have both. Both are lovely worlds, but they have a different "feel" to them. It's up to you whether you want something with a more exotic "scifi"/"alien" feel, or a world that feels more like a forestry Alpine mountain community.

Lunar Lakes has more modern, blocky/geometric architecture, alien trees, and some domed rabbit holes, so it's a matter or not whether you like more "alien" feel. It's smaller, so size may be another factor in the decision.

ETA: Whoops! Missed OP's later post, sorry! :grimace: Yeah, I bought Hidden Springs recently as well.

That one is a gorgeous world (as well as Sunlit Tides)! :smile:

I personally prefer the non-scifi worlds over Lunar Lakes, so far. (I have almost all of the worlds. Just missing the Aurora Skies one.) I just love the natural and more down-to-earth beauty of them.

All the worlds have something different to offer, so it's really matter of taste and how you plan to use them and how they fit with your creative vision. :blush:
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Want something all alien and out of this world? Lunar Lakes, hands down.

I've been playing with my alien sims there for a while, and I've also come up with the small story tidbit that there's a mutation virus going around there that turns all the human sims there into aliens as well (meaning, I use MasterController and edit them into aliens in CAS), mostly because hey, it's an alien looking world. Humans are kinda out of place there anyway, at least to me.

I have no idea about Hidden Springs - I've never played it, but I'm assuming that one is better if you want a more down-to-earth kinda experience.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • moonlight_shinesmoonlight_shines Posts: 19 New Member
    I have both and they are lovely worlds but I have played Lunar Lakes more for the alien aspect.
    I would recommend LL if you like to have variety and options. The trees and terrains are cool.
    Hidden Springs is very pretty too though and the characters are interesting ^^ x
  • LaracroftEyes1LaracroftEyes1 Posts: 296 Member
    Speaking of Hidden springs which I have and now notice I'm missing item from Hidden Springs call spot one elegance door it doesn't show up in build mode?
    d10f10cfadd5b2e97043ba6ec57f8ced.jpg
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I love Hidden springs, the Characters Rhoen, Louis Swete and Grannyshue who looks after children makes it one of the best worlds to play, build and share. If you look around the world there's many hidden secrets and the scenery is great.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I like the scenery in HS and it suits my style of gameplay. I don't like the look of LL, and I'm not interested in the gameplay and items. It's the only TS3 world I don't have.
  • GaiaWainwrongGaiaWainwrong Posts: 36 Member
    > @wrenstales said:
    > I love Hidden springs, the Characters Rhoen, Louis Swete and Grannyshue who looks after children makes it one of the best worlds to play, build and share. If you look around the world there's many hidden secrets and the scenery is great.

Granny, Louis, Emmaline, Cassidy, and Star, AKA the Dryads. They're awesome sims but sadly they did'nt pass the green skin when I played HS. So I guess it would be somewhat hard to pass to future generations.

Anyway, it depends. Go Lunar Lakes for sci-fi, but Hidden Springs for Fairytale or even Urban Fantasy.