Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teenagers are just unplayable.

So basically its at the point where I cant play as teenagers. they are just unplayable in this game. So for once I am taking all your advice on well if you dont like it dont play it. Well guess what i am not playing teenagers. Now thing is that sucks for me because well i am playing this game without teenagers and it sucks to play this game without teenagers. What we have is not teenagers. Its not a really a choice this game was made without real teenagers. They just copypasted adults and then said oh yeah they go to school and have part time jobs but other then that they are adults and i can not stand nothing else makes them apart from adults at visually i mean they can even get tattoos! the if you dont like it dont play it part does little to help me because i am still missing out on something and if i was to play it again they are teenagers! they are copy pasted adults! it makes playing teenagers unplayable.

Comments

• SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    I agree , yes parenthood added mood swings which is great when they work , I want them to be more fleshed out more moody, like they won't speak to a adult sim for a few days depending on what mood swing they have ,crying for a whole sim day , more things for teens to do , prome learning to drive crushes , more teen looking clothes , they need a teen game pack or dear I say it a free update , the Devs did so well on toddlers , all age groups need to be that fleshed out like that , that also includes kids but that's
    another debate

Happy simming
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Well IRL teens are just mini adults. I know this as I am the parent of one, she is 14 and has a driver's permit. Although I understand your frustration, I just think of it that way. Also, this game is international, so the fact that teen sims can drink bar drinks and get tattoos is something I chalk up to laws are different by country and the game is generic in that respect. Just use your imagination and put the limitations you want on each household differently. I have some obedient teens who live with parents and some teens that decide to live on their own.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Well IRL teens are just mini adults. I know this as I am the parent of one, she is 14 and has a driver's permit. Although I understand your frustration, I just think of it that way. Also, this game is international, so the fact that teen sims can drink bar drinks and get tattoos is something I chalk up to laws are different by country and the game is generic in that respect. Just use your imagination and put the limitations you want on each household differently. I have some obedient teens who live with parents and some teens that decide to live on their own.

most teens in real life do not look like adults. also i should not have to put "limitations" on a game like this. and my imagination can only take me so far. plus ironically my imagination works fine for kids and adults,young adults but not for teenagers. i can honestly get passed alot of things but teenagers are one thing i can not get passed. and i am not happy that teenagers are just so horrible that i have to pretty much skip playing them.
    brendhan21 wrote: »

most teens in real life do not look like adults. also i should not have to put "limitations" on a game like this. and my imagination can only take me so far. plus ironically my imagination works fine for kids and adults,young adults but not for teenagers. i can honestly get passed alot of things but teenagers are one thing i can not get passed. and i am not happy that teenagers are just so horrible that i have to pretty much skip playing them.

Most teens do not look like adults? Have you seen many teens lately? Many in my area could be mistaken as adults. My own daughter has been mistaken to be 21 and she is only 14. Also, I have worked in plenty places where we have to see ID for tobacco and alcohol products, and can tell you that teens can in fact look like adults. Adults can also be mistaken as very young teens. I have looked around the local high school and sometimes can not tell the difference between the "adult" teachers and teens. Young adult at least where I live is what we call teenagers.

Most teens do not look like adults? Have you seen many teens lately? Many in my area could be mistaken as adults. My own daughter has been mistaken to be 21 and she is only 14. Also, I have worked in plenty places where we have to see ID for tobacco and alcohol products, and can tell you that teens can in fact look like adults. Adults can also be mistaken as very young teens. I have looked around the local high school and sometimes can not tell the difference between the "adult" teachers and teens. Young adult at least where I live is what we call teenagers.

yes i have they look like teenagers?
    I guess you might mistaken my 7 year old as a pre-teen then. She has been mistaken for being 10 to 12 years old.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Take the height down a knotch, pleaaaase!
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’m a parent too and I’d rather refer to them as oversized toddlers than mini adults at times. And putting exceptions to the rules aside, yes, most teens don’t look like adults. They are recognizable as teens. Please stop finding excuses for a company that simply didn’t bother to deliver proper teens.

thank you this is exactly how i feel! i see teens all the time and i recongize them as teenagers not adults. are their exeptions yes but it feels like teenagers in this game are looking more like the execptions to the rule rather then the rule which makes no sense.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I can only play the teenagers if I pretend that they are 17 or 18. I wish we could also get a younger teen stage, kind of like how we have young adult and adult.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
    I can only play the teenagers if I pretend that they are 17 or 18. I wish we could also get a younger teen stage, kind of like how we have young adult and adult.

thats fair but when i pertend they are 18 i may as well make young adults lol. like honestly i feel more scuessful pertending kids are 13-14 years old at times. that feels like how badly i think they messed up teenagers. as even the kids can feel a bit more like teenagers then the actual teenagers at times.
    Take the height down a knotch, pleaaaase!

yes i agree! that would seriously help!
    I guess you might mistaken my 7 year old as a pre-teen then. She has been mistaken for being 10 to 12 years old.

cool it happens. honestly i have mistaken 10-11 year olds for 8 year olds myself. and then next time i saw her she looked like she was borderline 15 when she was still 12. my friend actually still looks a bit like a 12 year old at times she is 24 heck so my sister and yet she is 30.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    what type of things are you doing with your teens? using the managing household feature i went through and put all teens into clubs and made the meeting place for all groups the same. It was a hangout that i got off the gallery that all all kinds of stuff teens would like. As i created the clubs from the household management teens, i assigned each club activities. Some clubs were rivals. Then the family i was playing, their teens were in a club (their own family club because they had teen siblings). then i had the teens i was playing go to the meet spot, and within minutes the other teens clubs started to show up. They played games, went bowling, ate food, took pictures together, flirted with one another. a lot of fun i had with those teens.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So you’re aging all your children straight up to young adults, and this hasn’t helped?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

You search the simplicity when you say that. There is not a lot of teens who seems like adult. I'm a teen and I really don't seem like an adult.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    So you’re aging all your children straight up to young adults, and this hasn’t helped?

well no not really? cuz i dont want to skip the teenager age but since its unplayable i kind of have no choice.
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    what type of things are you doing with your teens? using the managing household feature i went through and put all teens into clubs and made the meeting place for all groups the same. It was a hangout that i got off the gallery that all all kinds of stuff teens would like. As i created the clubs from the household management teens, i assigned each club activities. Some clubs were rivals. Then the family i was playing, their teens were in a club (their own family club because they had teen siblings). then i had the teens i was playing go to the meet spot, and within minutes the other teens clubs started to show up. They played games, went bowling, ate food, took pictures together, flirted with one another. a lot of fun i had with those teens.

well good for you but that still does not make teens look like teens for me plus i am pretty sure i could do the same thing you did with adults lol.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited October 2017
    I had a very hard time of thinking of the teens in Sims3 as being old enough to learn how to drive — they were just so short, like ages 12-13! Barely teens in so many ways. Also, being the mother of a daughter and two sons, I have to say that many teens I have met are much taller than me. Some look like adults, too. Mostly girls mature earlier than boys. We only grow until about age 16, so that I had my entire height in high school, having gained that 1/2 inch. People used to say my face hasn't changed. I'm certain they won't say that so much, now, but then I'm a Grandma, now, too. Both of my sons towered over me by the time they were in their teens. The guys I dated were tall in their teens, too.

How I cope with the teens in Sims4, is to simply try to dress them for their age. Wild, crazy, trendy. Tennis shoes with most outfits, or boots. My one teen girl wears that jean jacket with the tee-shirt underneath it (comes that way) and a black full skirt that goes to her knees. She also wears those nice gray Argyle knee socks and ankle boots. She's not all that into fashion, to say the least. This is her being slightly rebellious. (More like she's still trying to find her own sense of style.) Wish I had a photo of those socks and boots. LOL Certainly, her lack of style hasn't off-put her sweetie. ;)

[img][/img]fnOMV2l.jpg
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »

well good for you but that still does not make teens look like teens for me plus i am pretty sure i could do the same thing you did with adults lol.

so what can you do within the current parameters to make your teens look like teens? we now have acne, braces, gap teeth. I dress my teens different from how i dress YA and older sims. And i have my teen sims do teen things. The things you want, if they aren't already in the game, it isn't happening and it's going to continue your disappointment.
  • umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    uhh even in sims 3 most what yer sayin ya want in gameplay didnt appear until generations ep an we havnt gotten that yet for 4 [but we probably will] so skip tha vanilla teens until then or play them like there teens cuzz tha game gives ya pretty good control ta make teens very teenagery if ya want

only thing ya probably wont ever get is height diffrences
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
    uhh even in sims 3 most what yer sayin ya want in gameplay didnt appear until generations ep an we havnt gotten that yet for 4 [but we probably will] so skip tha vanilla teens until then or play them like there teens cuzz tha game gives ya pretty good control ta make teens very teenagery if ya want

only thing ya probably wont ever get is height diffrences

no teens felt like teens in the sims 3.
    I had a very hard time of thinking of the teens in Sims3 as being old enough to learn how to drive — they were just so short, like ages 12-13! Barely teens in so many ways. Also, being the mother of a daughter and two sons, I have to say that many teens I have met are much taller than me. Some look like adults, too. Mostly girls mature earlier than boys. We only grow until about age 16, so that I had my entire height in high school, having gained that 1/2 inch. People used to say my face hasn't changed. I'm certain they won't say that so much, now, but then I'm a Grandma, now, too. Both of my sons towered over me by the time they were in their teens. The guys I dated were tall in their teens, too.

How I cope with the teens in Sims4, is to simply try to dress them for their age. Wild, crazy, trendy. Tennis shoes with most outfits, or boots. My one teen girl wears that jean jacket with the tee-shirt underneath it (comes that way) and a black full skirt that goes to her knees. She also wears those nice gray Argyle knee socks and ankle boots. She's not all that into fashion, to say the least. This is her being slightly rebellious. (More like she's still trying to find her own sense of style.) Wish I had a photo of those socks and boots. LOL Certainly, her lack of style hasn't off-put her sweetie. ;)

[img][/img]fnOMV2l.jpg

what? teens looked exactly like teenagers, they looked exactly 15-16 in the sims 3.
  • umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    not really? ? they felt more like barely step up from children ta me until they got generations expasion wich had more teen things ta do. .. or may be yer just not rememberin tha vanilla teens that well.. ..
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here