Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• kimartistkimartist Posts: 455 Member
    Congratulation @MyFavoritedesign on 3rd place for your Garden&Hidden Gnomes
    also congrats to @Liziann1 for 2nd Place for your South Point Park and to @Ainsleyf for A Secret Garden!
    They were both beautiful.

Congrats on 1st place @Laebeth on your win for your Tropical Oasis. I would actually love to visit that park!
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **
    Follow me for the most current creations.

Love your entry @crysk , the cottage with the tower is so wonderfully unique. Love it!!
    revisedsig2.png

* * Origin ID: kimartist * * Gallery: kimartist * * Showcase: My Creations * * Picture Albums * * Google+ Collection **

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited October 2017
    Congratulations on winning the experienced level for your gazebo @Laebeth B) and congratulations to @Ainsleyf @Liziann1 and @MyFavoritedesign for placing B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Liz_GoBucksLiz_GoBucks Posts: 73 Member
    QC challenge no: 54
    Origin ID: Liz_GoBucks
    Are you a novice builder: No
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Intermediate

Original Lot used (lot name and town): Garliclauter Place, Forgotten Hollow
    Gallery Name: Dilapidated Vampire Lair
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D3623C9BB45B11E780FB61C9B1A42A59
    Chosen Halloween character: Count Dracula (Vampire)

Notes about entry: If you ask me, vampires are about the scariest -- and COOLEST-- halloween monster there is: the ability to control others, influence their emotions, seduce them, move with supernatural speed and strength, on and on. The lore is just so awesome and creepy! And I LOVE vampire fiction... Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, The Twilight Series, City of Bones, The All Souls Trilogy (I'm on book three now so no spoilers if you've read it please, LOL), and my all-time favorite vampire book, Sunshine by Robin McKinley (If you like vampires books, this is a must read! It's really, really good.) . So yeah, I decided to do an old victorian house for a vampire. The house has a traditional bedroom, but he actually sleeps in the attic where the coffins are, as well as some dirt and gravestones just to make it more "homey" (no actual dead/buried bodies though-- that would just be weird, LOL!).

Images (3-6 max): More images at: https://imgur.com/a/6uDBx
    OHzlr2G.png
    GF8xTDC.png
    WQHIOz2.png
    d6bYsns.png
    OoEdSnC.png
    VBvTd2U.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Dilapidated Vampires Lair looks great! @Liz_GoBucks :) Very nice exterior design of the home! The cracks and rips look great on the walls! The dormers are a nice touch. The black dead trees and brambles give a great look to the outdoors areas! The type of windows and blinds used look great! Very nice dining room! The red colour scheme looks very nice, and the portraits are nice touches on the walls. The skeleton looks scary in the corner! The patterned floor rug is a nice touch under the dining table. Very nice purple colour scheme of the bar room.The drinks shelves are a nice touch on the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar. The wall pattern looks nice. Very nice sofa seats sitting area in the living room for sims to rest there. The cobwebs and candles look great in the room. The attic area with the coffin and tombstones looks great!
    I don’t think I should have looked at the last photo in your extra pictures! I feel very scared after looking at it!
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    edited October 2017
    Origin ID: stangmix2
    Are you a novice builder: Yes

Original Lot used (lot name and town): Widowshild Townhome, Forgotten Hollow
    Gallery Name: Witch Cottage
    Gallery Link: Witch Cottage
    Chosen Halloween character: I didn't have a specific witch in mind, I just made this for a witch.

Notes about entry: First time to enter this challenge. I'm not a great builder, but I want to do better and I know I'll get great feedback here :) The bookshelf downstairs is not functional but there is one upstairs that works as it should. Sims can't swim in the "pool", it's made to be a pond. They can fish there using the sign though.

Images (3-6 max): More images at Imgur
    avBx5ZI.png
    OAo8Pm7.png
    i1b999q.png
    WelGtOY.png
    UYNBOQ9.png
    Post edited by StangMix2 on
    It is great that you have entered the challenge! @StangMix2 :) The Witch Cottage looks spookily great! Very nice exterior design on the home! The curved roofing and the wall patterning and textures look great! The outdoors area look very great and suit the Halloween theme well! The fogginess, swampy areas, dead and bushy plants and stark black trees look great! It is very spooky atmospheric! It is great that there is a cauldron there for a witch to use to to do spell potions! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The stone wall texture in the kitchen gives a great feel to the room area. The witch will like reading the spell book there. The open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and fireplace sitting area looks nice. The spider looks scary on the bookcase! The day of the dead doll is a great touch on the fireplace ledge. Very nice armchairs fireplace sitting area in the living room. The witch will enjoy resting there near the fire reading a spell book. The spider web looks great there, and the ceiling candles add to the great look of the room.
    It is a very nice Halloween home for the witch! :)
  • StangMix2StangMix2 Posts: 238 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow <3
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Sims Gallery Name: The Whitlock Widow
    Gallery Link: Here
    Your chosen character: Ghost. If there is one thing that freaks me out, it's the idea of ghosts. I wanted her to look like a rotting ghost, which is why I made her as a vampire, and not a Sim or an actual ghost character. She's from the Victorian era, and for her outfits I tried to play on that. I looked at outfits fitting the era for inspiration, which is why my gym outfit in particular might seem a bit odd. Although she is a ghost and wouldn't change outfits, I imagined her outfits as if she was still alive.

9Ba5vfa.png?1
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Amelia looks very ghostly! @Laebeth :) The grey /white colour scheme of her clothing, hair and skintone looks very effective! Her face details and black lipstick looks great!
    Origin ID: Ninnster
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: Experienced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Widowshild Townhome, Forgotten Hollow
    Gallery Name: Whitlock Woods
    Gallery Link: Here
    Chosen Halloween character: Ghost. This is the haunted Victorian home, to fit my Victorian era ghost.
    Notes about entry:
    For the judges:
    - As for the vampire wall decorations (the cracks, holes etc) I do have them overlap quite a bit, to make it look more realistic.
    - Many of the cobwebs also intersect with items. For example I did several places put them over the lamps to make it look like cobwebs hanging from the lamps.
    - Outside a lot of the thorns on the ground overlap each other as well as intersect with some of the dead bushes.
    - As for the doors (front and back) they do end up behind the roof friezes. I kept them despite this as I still think it looks quite natural, and not something you would notice unless looking for it.
    - The bookshelves in the study do intersect in the corner to make it look like a single bookshelf.

I struggled a little her in terms of keeping to the standard requirements. I did decorate the house more scarcely than normal, and it is particularly quite a bit less detailed than I would normally do. This was due to me wanting it to look and feel like an abandoned home, yet have it be playable by Sims. So I do have the necessities etc, but not too much embellishment. This is also why the garden is kept quite simple. It's meant to be just a run down house in the woods, with some eternal residents still lurking around. For this reason I did not light up the garden, although the house exterior still has lights, I did however dim them quite a bit. The same for the inside lights. The fences are just a few here and there to give the impression of an old fence with only a few parts still standing.

Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

5Zr1pze.png?1
    fWCVSLp.png
    3WtNYjt.png
    4s7QsdS.png
    LiLeQQP.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

The exterior design of Whitlock Woods looks very great as an old run down home! @Laebeth :) It looks very nice how you have used the roof trimming. The run down exterior and interior wall textures give a great look,and feel to the home! The cracks, stains and rips on the walls look great! The black dead trees look great in the build! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The red colour of the walls in the living room areas looks nice and the candle lighting adds a great feel to the home. Amelia will enjoy playing the piano or resting on the spooky themed armchairs. The cobwebs on the walls look great! Very nice windows alcove sofa seat sitting nook. The banner shield on the wall is a special reminder of Amelia’s husband who went off to the War. The dirtiness, cracks and tears in the kitchen walls and cobweb in the corner look great! The rips in the study walls look great also ! She would enjoy sitting on the armchairs there reading.
    It is a great home for the ghostly vampire Amelia to live in :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow :blush:

You never fail to read details in my builds that I haven't even thought of myself! Your comment about the banner shield.. I just put it on the wall because it looked great and fit the time.. haha! It never occurred to me it could reference her missing husband! You are so very very clever Rosemow <3

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited October 2017
    I was creating Castle Frankenstein and downsized the lot to accommodate the rules for this one, to get it on the right lot and within budget (just barely lol).

Origin ID: LadyEmillye
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Potters Splay - Willow Creek
    Gallery Name: Frankenstein Castle
    Gallery Link: Link
    Chosen Halloween character: Dr. Frankenstein
    Notes about entry: This is Frankenstein Castle, home to Dr. Victor Von Frankenstein. It hasn't updated much to the modern century, still using candles and fireplaces as light. His front lawn is a graveyard both real and fake, some say it hides the bodies of his failed experiments there, some with unmarked graves, and that's why nothing grows except creepy thorns overrunning each other. That his rose bushes and trees died amongst the death beneath it. Craters appeared, glowing green; some say it's the souls trying to escape.
    The Castle always seems so dark inside, and oftentimes the sounds of the organ could be heard playing, it's haunting tune keep curious peepers at bay. The downstairs is lavish enough to entertain, even among the dusty sheets covering the chairs, and cobwebs and spiders littering the walls.
    Some also say that Dr. Frankenstein has a sort of apartment he set up for his monster or alien captive that only he can access. Every now and then a shadow looks out the window of a tower that looks...not quite like a sim. Dr. Frankenstein's labs are in the other towers, and exam bed with a bed above it and a saline drip. His actual lab, and a place to run experiments on the one recovering, because those rooms are only accessible by the roof entrance and only through his lab, all locked but to him and his assistant. And even more curious is the medical bassinets he has. What vile experiments is he running? Or is Dr. Frankenstein so lonely, that he needs to create a family out of parts?
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

37772084982_3518aa50af_o.png

37803963571_b394d8a2be_o.png

37133641973_da9432f2e5_o.png

37545704070_144a89b2ca_o.png

37545704600_e5a4868dee_o.png
    Post edited by LadyEmillye on
    The background details of Frankenstein Castle are so very scary! @LadyEmillye :) The exterior design of the castle looks very great! The attic tower looks great and and stone texture of the exterior walls gives a great look to the build. The outdoors areas look scary! The dead black trees, thorny plants, ghosts , pumpkin and tombstones create a great feel and look for the outdoors! The enlarged mysim is great in the front entrance area. The science equipment and treadmill inside the home are scary to think what they are being used for! The spider webs look great on the walls! Very nice living and dining room area. It looks great that there are spooky ghost themed armchairs for sims to sit and rest on. The skeleton rug under the table, pumpkin lights and spider on the wall looks great in the room. It is great that there is a pipe organ for Frankenstein to play.
    It is a very scary castle!
    Thank you Rosemow! Halloween is my favorite holiday (wayyy better than Christmas lol). It was pretty fun to build!
  • CJSimmieCJSimmie Posts: 310 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS TO THE Challenge 53... 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place WINNERS of the Intermediate & Experienced Level!!!!!! <3:smile:<3 Your Gazebos are beautifully different , creative and detailed. WOW
    @Laebeth @kimartist ... @Ainsleyf @Liziann1 @lisalittlesimmer ... @MyFavoritedesign
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    Congrats to all the winners!! WOOT! and thanks @cbear13 for the wonderful challenge and taking the time to do all this work for us, AND the wonderful sparkling review. I was getting a bit discouraged over my lack of ability to keep things from sticking into other things, but this is very encouraging. I think it's because I throw everything together first to see how it looks and then fixing. Perhaps placing more carefully in the beginning is a better way to prevent issues. Thanks again. You're the best!!!
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    Congrats to all the winners!! WOOT! and thanks @cbear13 for the wonderful challenge and taking the time to do all this work for us, AND the wonderful sparkling review. I was getting a bit discouraged over my lack of ability to keep things from sticking into other things, but this is very encouraging. I think it's because I throw everything together first to see how it looks and then fixing. Perhaps placing more carefully in the beginning is a better way to prevent issues. Thanks again. You're the best!!!

Don't let that discourage you, look at me, I always have things sticking together and that never stopped me
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Hi @Cbear13 here is my Halloween entry:

Origin ID: osiazul
    Are you a novice builder: no
    Intermediate, Experienced, Advanced or Unofficial level: advanced
    Original Lot used (lot name and town): Rustic Residence at Windenburg
    Gallery Name: Voodoo Shack
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/gallery/149371EDB56E11E78776BF8A633AFDC0
    Chosen Halloween character: a Voodoo Master
    Notes about entry: I use the wooden low quality objects for the bathroom. The chimney of the wc is sticking in the wall by design, I did not want a wc at the center of the room because is not real, and the alt button was not an option because of wc glitches. But I really want this stuff on this lot. Sorry for that. I use logs for the cauldron, I did not want a floting cauldron, but maybe what I feel is looking "natural" will be considered as sticking :D Oh, I changed the color of the pool lights but now I see the colors too soft, they were more intense before (in other buildings that I created before, my settings are at medium to avoid lag so maybe this is the reason. But the other lamps work fine).
    Images (3-6 max): (please post 1 street view photo):

Welcome to the Voodoo Shack, a nice place by day (but you should not go there at night):
    4l7N22J.png
    Happy customers at the ritual dancing:
    lSVoiwY.png
    Developing knowledge:
    zvOg6sp.png
    Fishing at the swamp while the dead rise:
    wJ0u736.png
    Night view of the shack and the abandoned cementary:
    CyvOvwV.png
    I told you, do not go there at night oopss:
    cNaKTMP.png
    very cool and very spooky. I love it @emere
    revisedsig2.png

Very nice @emere. Chilling!
    Voodoo Shack looks so very scary! @emere :) It looks great how you have done the outdoors areas! The abandoned cemetery and skeleton sunk into the ground looks great! The fogginess of the pond looks great, and the ghost gnome is a great touch. The design of the building , with a bar area underneath looks great! Sims who dare to visit the home will enjoy having a drink from the bar and listening to or dancing to the juke box music . The ghost cauldron is a great there. The skulls look very scary on the fencing around the home! The big spider looks great on the wall! The white candles look great placed on the edges of the fencing. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill outdoors in the air. The type of mannequin you have placed there looks great! The bushy plants, and dead trees and plants through the outdoors gives a great look to the bulld! The potions are a great touch on the shelving in the kitchen. The cobwebs look great on the wall!
    It is a very scary home! :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Oh Im back my laptop decided to have a hissy fit so I had to take it in to get fixed yesterday thank god was nothing that took to long or to expensive.
    Time to play catch up

For those interested in update on the horse, she has been named Snowflake (I hate it lol but I didnt name her) the lovely lady and her daughter that are taking ownership of her named her.
    She is improving everyday with being touched and handled I can now brush her all over her body though still a little weary. She is still in pain with her shocking feet but I have booked the vet to come out and sedate her on Friday so that the farrier can come and cut her feet and fix them up. Vet is also going to check her over and give her some strong pain relief. Fingers crossed I can finally get her pain free after that.
    She is loving the attention though and loves scratches on her neck and behind her ears.

As for the judging I am back at it to get all caught up with all comps
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Ainsleyf yay and fantastic park. I agree that taking more care in the first place with placement is the way to go because you will always miss things if you go back afterwards to find issues.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top