Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No doghouses and not a real graveyard, why?

Comments

• AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Shades302 wrote: »
    This is cool too
    5bc09ce0981ba296ad5d919926cb5129.jpg
    cb3690e7d9bf87c612f272a9dcbe6c2b--dog-kennel-outside-outdoor-dog-kennels.jpg

The last one pen is way too small for three huskies. It is too small for one husky. Big dogs that are active and like to run. My sister and some friends owned some.

Most people don’t keep their dogs in a run full time. This looks like a pen for them to run in from inside the house. Not a permanent live in pen.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    Shades302 wrote: »
    This is cool too
    5bc09ce0981ba296ad5d919926cb5129.jpg
    cb3690e7d9bf87c612f272a9dcbe6c2b--dog-kennel-outside-outdoor-dog-kennels.jpg

The last one pen is way too small for three huskies. It is too small for one husky. Big dogs that are active and like to run. My sister and some friends owned some.

Most people don’t keep their dogs in a run full time. This looks like a pen for them to run in from inside the house. Not a permanent live in pen.

I know huskies and even as a run it is too small even for one husky. I saw the pet door and know it was not where they "live in" all the time. Sorry, I should of worded it more clearer.
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    edited October 2017
    I am happy that we got doggy doors. It is a nice addition to a pets pack!
    That being said: doggie doors are not dog houses. Why not have both? I want the old stuff we got for cats and dogs from previous EPs and new stuff. They didn't even have to make many options....just one.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I guess doggy doors are like the bathroom doors that only let certain genders in.

It would be funny if Toddlers could crawl fthrough doggy doors.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hey guys been a while since I last posted.
    Just wanted to say that I am very surprised that the cats and dogs are not just animations and they are not leashed like babies.!! Lol. Is there any catch?
    I totally did not expect them to do them this way. It is not that I am pleasantly surprised, but because my expectation for this game has went down to the lowest level ever. The lowest for any game I love or used to love.

No doghouse? No surprise at all. Very much expected. I expect many other Nos too! Some might be shocking surprises to others, to me nothing is shocking. I actually expected they will make doghouses where the dog will be leashed to that house like the baby!! :D

I will buy this EP when it goes on sale. and that has to be 50% sale or more. I have not bought the last GP and the last couple SPs because I hardly play this game and I refuse to pay the full price for them.

Last time I played was 3 months ago for half an hour. Last time I opened the game was maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago, I just let the sims do whatever they wanted to do while I was playing Final Fantasy V on my PS Vita. I am going to do the same right now. Not sure if this is considered playing or not! Let the application work on PC do something else, save and end the game. I don't think I can play it actively anymore.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Hey guys been a while since I last posted.
    Just wanted to say that I am very surprised that the cats and dogs are not just animations and they are not leashed like babies.!! Lol. Is there any catch?
    There is a redundant one: dog's can't sleep on sim beds. You think that they could or at least small size dogs, but there's no mention of that. It's a general statement. Could also mean dogs can't on unoccupied beds like on the other side of the empty double bed or just on a empty single bed.

And If they want us to truly introduce a "DYI" method of creating dog houses, why not just provide smaller walls that are below the waist or belly of a sim so that you can truly create a dog house and not a shed. Pet/dog bed (not sure If we will get one) that provides an energy boost, a roof, a doggy door - we got all of that, but we need small walls that allows to put a small roof on it. We are not asking too much, as we already got a tool for creating one (half walls). We need the ability to place the necessary structural utilities on it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Let's be real, we are missing many, many building features. We don't even have terrain tools. It would be a strange day if EA have decided to give players the tools to build a dog house whilst restricting building in the multitude of other ways it does. Almost insulting really. But I do not see that. I see them giving us a pet door. That is all. I don't think that's a solution to the no dog house scenario, I see it as a distraction.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    Let's be real, we are missing many, many building features. We don't even have terrain tools. It would be a strange day if EA have decided to give players the tools to build a dog house whilst restricting building in the multitude of other ways it does. Almost insulting really. But I do not see that. I see them giving us a pet door. That is all. I don't think that's a solution to the no dog house scenario, I see it as a distraction.

Um can we not pretend this was meant to be a distraction? Yes, I think we could got a doghouse. I don't think a dog door was meant to be a replacement . It was just something they add , and the community made a big fuss than it was.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    12 pages of complaining about dog houses from the usual suspects, mostly people who probably never even play the game.

I play the game everyday.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Um can we not pretend this was meant to be a distraction? Yes, I think we could got a doghouse. I don't think a dog door was meant to be a replacement . It was just something they add , and the community made a big fuss than it was.

I don't think the dog door is a replacement for a doghouse. I think they made both, but had to eliminate one due to space or time restrictions. They probably thought the dog door was cuter and new and something we haven't had before. Having it would make up for not having a doghouse.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, We have shut down a few of these conversations down in the past, not because of the topic but how the discussions were conducted. I've reviewed this thread and once more have encountered comments that would result in the closing of this thread. Flaming, insulting, bullying, derailing and targeting others is not ok, is against the forum rules and will result in these threads being closed. I am stepping in here to remind you of that and if you wish to continue this discussion please be mindful of the above. Thank you in advance.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited October 2017
    Simulator4 wrote: »
    12 pages of complaining about dog houses from the usual suspects, mostly people who probably never even play the game.

Umm ... I’ve played over 800 hours, I own every single thing that has come out, I’m on these forums constantly, I follow all gurus on twitter, I follow all sims fan sites and I’m complaining about dog houses missing. Not only are they missing, but dogs can’t even sleep on their owners bed, not even tiny ones.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    They spent way too much resources on CAP. Otherwise, we would have doghouses and maybe even graveyards. The color wheel in CAP was unnecessary, the Sims don't have a color wheel so why do the pets get one? But I digress, the team needs to prioritize better.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    mika wrote: »
    They spent way too much resources on CAP. Otherwise, we would have doghouses and maybe even graveyards. The color wheel in CAP was unnecessary, the Sims don't have a color wheel so why do the pets get one? But I digress, the team needs to prioritize better.

I agree. Players wanted such customization options for the standard CAS but it was never a priority for them. Of course they run back to such a design, but it shows the major holes in their vision for this game. No reason CAP should have more customization options than the standard CAS they have milked this game on for 3 years.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I actually don't mid the CAP. I would sacrifice it for game-play, but not for objects, I am impressed and they did what was asked (kind of, they tried based on feedback I think).

If they give me a CASt system for hair, eyes and skin I would be quite content with the CAS system as a whole.
    I hope they consider going there now that they have done it with pets, but it feels more like a distant dream still.

Anyways I got side tracked, I am impressed with the CAP system and I do appreciate it a lot as some one who enjoys (way to much) playing with different strange looks and how the breed out. I am really just worried about game-play.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited October 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I don't think the dog door is a replacement for a doghouse. I think they made both, but had to eliminate one due to space or time restrictions. They probably thought the dog door was cuter and new and something we haven't had before. Having it would make up for not having a doghouse.

The thing has they had apparently enough space to make a laser litter box? I understand cutting things for space ,but wouldn't you make sure you get the main and things first. Before making something wacky or not real ?
  • Gabi_MottaGabi_Motta Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi guys! I'm getting out of the topic here, but someone else got annoyed by the fact that the cats and dogs will take up one of the 8 slots that we have for the family? I think is very little space as I like to have big families.

"• ... but also depends on the amount of space you have available in your household as they do take up one of the eight slots in your household."
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Gabi_Motta wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm getting out of the topic here, but someone else got annoyed by the fact that the cats and dogs will take up one of the 8 slots that we have for the family? I think is very little space as I like to have big families.

"• ... but also depends on the amount of space you have available in your household as they do take up one of the eight slots in your household."

I’m a bit annoyed, but it has always been that way so I kind of saw it coming. It would have been a nice modification, but oh well.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Gabi_Motta wrote: »

I’m a bit annoyed, but it has always been that way so I kind of saw it coming. It would have been a nice modification, but oh well.
    Actually it's only been that way in TS1, until now.

In TS2 and TS3 you could have up to 10 sims + pets (with 8 sims max and 6 pets max) so you can have 8 sims and 2 pets, 4 sims and 6 pets, 5 sims and 5 pets, etc.
  • Gabi_MottaGabi_Motta Posts: 2 New Member
    > Actually it's only been that way in TS1, until now.
    >
    > In TS2 and TS3 you could have up to 10 sims + pets (with 8 sims max and 6 pets max) so you can have 8 sims and 2 pets, 4 sims and 6 pets, 5 sims and 5 pets, etc.

I miss that layout so much!
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    mika wrote: »

I'm really glad CAP has a color wheel(otherwise pets would probably come in just 10 different colors), just because sims don't doesn't mean pets shouldn't. While doghouses are important as in the past that was how pets bred, graveyards are not a priority when you can make one yourself. Either on your home lot or and one to a different lot.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really don't know why anyone would complain now. With the pet doors, you can create a separate room near your house, put that new roofy decoration over it so it looks smaller, and inside you can put a pet bed, toys and food. It's now a deluxe pet house like we've never seen in the series before. It's a massive upgrade. And you don't do it with half walls, come on! You can't even place a roof over half walls. So you don't need to use move objects at all! I think they intended for us to do a pet house, as you can clearly see in the new trailer, they added that roofy decoration on purpose to make the dog house look smaller.

CFNU6Ds.png?1

If you don't think this looks and acts like a super deluxe dog house we can customize and decorate to our liking and see inside you really are kidding yourself. It's miles better than a small one with a black hole on front we can't see inside and be limited to the few swatches they decide to include for customization.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited October 2017
    I really don't know why anyone would complain now. With the pet doors, you can create a separate room near your house, put that new roofy decoration over it so it looks smaller, and inside you can put a pet bed, toys and food. It's now a deluxe pet house like we've never seen in the series before. It's a massive upgrade. And you don't do it with half walls, come on! You can't even place a roof over half walls. So you don't need to use move objects at all! I think they intended for us to do a pet house, as you can clearly see in the new trailer, they added that roofy decoration on purpose to make the dog house look smaller.

CFNU6Ds.png?1

If you don't think this looks and acts like a super deluxe dog house we can customize and decorate to our liking and see inside you really are kidding yourself. It's miles better than a small one with a black hole on front we can't see inside and be limited to the few swatches they decide to include for customization.

It's equivalent to just building a whole garage, or worse a MANSION, for a dog and calling it a dog house. I personally wouldn't mind having the tools to build my own dog house... at least not with a massive walls '_' . Could have consider adding a new wall size button that shrinks it down to about sim's waist/belly or allow roofs to be placed on half-walls.

And it's not a massive upgrade. We can do the same trickery in TS3/TS2/TS1:
    1. Build a 2x2/1x1 room with a roof.
    2. Put a pet bed in it.
    3. Install a door/arch in it.
    4. Profit!
    NNpYlHF.jpg