Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,081 Member
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @alphafen, Thanks for the compliments as well. I'll definitely let you know when the "completed" version of the house is done with the half finished basement, complete with laundry/utility room. Could you provide a link to your thread? I'd love to check it out. You might be just a little too mad for me, but I'll take my chances. Everyone should have at least a little madness in their life.

The link is in her signature. :smiley:
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    P.S I know you need someone to blame ........ and when we all turn on ZeeGee I'm sure she'll understand o:)

And then you will see pink haired vengeance at its best. :neutral::blush:
    You might be just a little too mad for me, but I'll take my chances.

Famous last words! Anyone seen Jude lately. :scream:

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member

Was it my shy and retiring personality or the excessive emojis? :*
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member

Was it my shy and retiring personality or the excessive emojis? :*

Hmmm, it was probably the multi-tasking blood feuds. But, I'll tell you, I LOVE your builds. The way you pick a color mood and run it through the house is so neat. Either cool blues/greens or warm reds/oranges. It ties the house together in a way I'd never considered, other than for an open floor plan.

I'm a big fan of a rainbow palette in my own builds to suit my Gemini personality. Always looking for variety and options for my changing moods. (I'm also bipolar, so good luck predicting what my mood might be at any given moment! (Actually, that's pretty well balanced these days with proper treatment, but I still like the joke.))
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525 Don't mind me, it's just a long running joke with some friends is all :)

Thank you for taking the time to look at my builds :blush: I can't take any credit for a unified look, it's down to the fact I can't colour co-ordinate to save my life that well :# So when I find something that works in a build I cling to it like a Sims franchise to a llama joke :p Anyway I love seeing variety that way I can see what works when implemented by people who know what they're doing ;) So I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of your builds, especially venues because you always seem to capture the right atmosphere needed which is a tricky thing to do :)
    edited October 2017
    @Jude525 Don't mind me, it's just a long running joke with some friends is all :)

@AlphaFen Wait, you're not really a Supreme Robot Being intent on gathering minions and squashing all those who wield bananas or engage in blood feuds? My illusions are ruined. :confounded::cry:

@Jude525 To catch up on Alpha's true nature you might want to read the thread *HERE*. And anyone else who would like an afternoon of sheer laughter and entertainment.
    @alphafen thanks again for the comps. BTW, is there any venue you'd like to see. I'd kinda like to do one, but I'm short on inspiration at the moment. (Except my brain begins to hatch a seed of a plan for a festival park for Seasons as I type.)
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 Looks like you don't me, your brain seems to have ignited a great idea all on it's own ;)

@ZeeGee Wow I can't believe you remember that thread! :hushed: In my awesome robot wisdom I sold it to a manically cackling old woman in exchange for a magic bean!! :love: The bean is from the ancient Heinz family and comes with a mystic tomato sauce like fertilizer....

And people say I'm not good with money B)
  • funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2017
    So I tried my hand at making a Sim that looks like a real person *sigh* and failed miserably, lol. I can admit that. It's ok, too, no one needs to try to make me feel better by saying this guy resembles Elvis, because though I tried, just like his many impostors, I just couldn't capture that Elvis magic as per Sjappielovepaul's request. So I am not entering this Elvis impersonator in the contest because I'm not happy with the results and I wouldn't want @Sjappielovepaul to remove their young Elvis request just because an "Elvis" was made. No, Instead, I will just post him here under the hope that a much better Elvis comes along, made by someone that is way better at this than me, like, oh, I don't know, @Jude525 comes to mind? (Jude's James Spader was the bomb) or anyone else? *waits for stampede of Elvis impersonators to come barging through the door* ;) But it was good for me to make this impostor because now I know I should just stick to making houses and writing stories, lol. I might try making one or two more of these for fun, because there are a few celebs that I wanted to make. Maybe I'm better at females, I don't know. I do plan on entering this contest, but just not with this Elvis.
    When I get my game fired up, I will teleport this Elvis impersonator to the Exchange in case anyone wants to use him. I hear he makes some pretty good money in Vegas. ;)

1awBegx.jpg

UPDATE!!! He looks more like Elvis in the game than he does in CAS. :) I should have done that first before I started the whine fest above. Oops, looks like I left the sunglasses on for all of his outfits. I will work on that.

fZCzgMC.jpg

cvXrYcT.jpg

wIyojFY.jpg

FKoPIns.jpg

Update: Ugh! He looks less like Elvis with his sunglasses off. Oh well, lol.
    ps. I'll update and link when he's on the Exchange later.

Post edited by funkeeferret on
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @funkeeferret I think you did a wonderful job on Elvis in his younger days. I think you should enter Elvis in the contest! I had went to his last concert (went to many of them, so not sure if he had one more before he died, but he was my man back then, LOL). I watched his movies on TV all the time too. He definitely was the King, to me anyway <3 Here is a pic I found and your Elvis does favor this pic ;)
    33add5cece508f365d8da18f28d70528--young-elvis-graceland.jpg
    edited October 2017
    @funkeeferret I think you did a wonderful job on Elvis in his younger days. I think you should enter Elvis in the contest! I had went to his last concert (went to many of them, so not sure if he had one more before he died, but he was my man back then, LOL). I watched his movies on TV all the time too. He definitely was the King, to me anyway <3 Here is a pic I found and your Elvis does favor this pic ;)

Aw, thank you for saying that, @FairyGodMother. :D I'm so glad you have such a warm spot in your heart for Elvis. That is amazing that you saw him perform! Yes, definitely the King. My aunt and uncle saw Elvis perform in Las Vegas and some time later, toured Graceland. Thanks again for your kind words and the photo. Yes, that is the age I had in mind. TS3 doesn't do tall and slim for guys very well imo. ;).
    Post edited by funkeeferret on
    edited October 2017
    And people say I'm not good with money B)

@AlphaFen Matthew Hamming says you're great with money...you've gone through almost all of his. :worried:

@funkeeferret Since @charlotteprice is an Elvis fan we'll take her word for it! He does look like that picture! Please stick him on the exchange, give us a link and you'll be our first October entry!

ETA: ugh, @FairyGodMother Having difficulty adjusting to your new user name
    LOL @ZeeGee Yep, I don't get any notifications for my other name. Sometimes I wish I would have just left it :p
    @FairyGodMother I'm not sure how a fairy godmother works but I'm pretty sure I rub your lamp and you grant me 3 chocolate wishes o:)

Uh, you get NO chocolate wishes. Did you really think I might have softened up a little when it comes to my chocolate? >:)

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    @funkeeferret I never got your tag! I think your Elvis is absolutely amazing!! I really do! If you really want me to keep Elvis on the list, that's okay, I mean, I have a lot of female Sims, they probably all would love to have their own Elvis :p

I really hope you'll share him on the exchange, I think he's defenitely worth it to compete for october :)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    @funkeeferret I never got your tag! I think your Elvis is absolutely amazing!! I really do! If you really want me to keep Elvis on the list, that's okay, I mean, I have a lot of female Sims, they probably all would love to have their own Elvis :p

I really hope you'll share him on the exchange, I think he's defenitely worth it to compete for october :)

Well, with FairyGodMother and ZeeGee and you saying I should enter Elvis, I would be happy to. Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement. :)
    I'm actually on attempt #9 trying to upload him to the exchange. I feel like such a broken record but my computer and also my game are messed up. I was not able to play more than 5-10 mins at a time today before things froze up. When I'm logged in to the internet (which I need to be to upload Elvis), it's that much worse. So if I'm unable to upload him today, it won't be til maybe Friday. The good news is you all won't have to hear me complaining about my computer/game once my new computer arrives in a week or two. :)

And yes, SjappielovePaul, I would really like for you to keep your Elvis request up there. You never know when a new Elvis might come along and sweep you... er ... your Sims off their feet. The more Elvises the better, haha. It's funny too, I was going to make him just for the creativity game but I wasn't sure how he would fit into my game, but he moved into that little house by the beach and the novelty of having Elvis going to clubs, Elvis hanging out at the park, and the idea that my girls could possibly, oh I don't know, win a date with Elvis just sounds too tempting to pass up. So thanks for requesting him, lol. I know my girl, Vicki, loves hitting on the new guys in town, so we'll see how she does with the King. ;)

He does look more like Elvis with his shades on and I wanted to give him better outfits but with the game freezing up and stuff, he will have to arrive in your town with just a few extra outfits and you'll probably want to change those (he wasn't too happy with the meager offerings in 60s clothing). Wow this is a long post!

Thanks, I will update when he's successfully available for all. :)

Hi guys, Here is the Elvis Presley I made for the gift of creation game. The official form is below. :)

Creator’s Username: funkeeferret

Creator's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site:
    http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=funkeeferret

Item Title: Elvis Presley Sim for TS3

Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item:
    @SjappielovePaul is the Creator of the Wishlist
    "1. I'm mostly looking for Sims, Sims who look exactly like their human counterparts
    - Elvis Presley (young)"

Exchange Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9147892 to download Elvis.

Description: Elvis sightings have been popping up all over town. Is this just another Elvis impersonator?... or is it a guest at your next Halloween or costume party?... or OR is this the King himself? It's up to you to decide what happens once Elvis springs up in your town, so don't be a hound dog!

This is a Sim made to 'resemble' Elvis Presley. Elvis comes with some basic outfits and a few extra outfits, which you can change for a different look. Elvis has a bit of blue tint to his hair to achieve that famous blue black movie star hair of the 1960s. Elvis has a couple of guitar skill points, but I thought you might like to build up his career on your own. After all, he was the king of rock and roll. You want to be part of that, right?

Details:

Is CC, CAP or CAW Used?
    No. This Sim was created in CAS with no CC used. Some of his clothing might come from EA store items.

Do you have CC in your game folder?
    I have one hair style in my game (the one in my avatar). I do not have any other CC in my game.

Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared: https://imgur.com/a/D923u

Some pics:
    nNsmc2h.jpg
    sUmj2Fo.jpg
    IymXx6f.jpg
    xDRDhmd.jpg
    VPWVzvX.jpg

I can't wait to see more creation game entries! Thanks for viewing!
    Yaaay! We have our first entry for October! Thanks, @funkeeferret and LOL at the pic of the boy seeing Elvis. And I think he looks even more like him with the glasses off. Good job!
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Yaaay! We have our first entry for October! Thanks, @funkeeferret and LOL at the pic of the boy seeing Elvis. And I think he looks even more like him with the glasses off. Good job!

Thank you for the comments, ZeeGee. Sims are funny. I took the pics of Elvis playing guitar in the living room and he was blinking during the shot, so it actually made him look more like Elvis in the photos where he's blinking because his eyes end up looking half massed, more like Elvis' eyes. The Elvis Sim, however, struts around town with his eyes wide open, unless he's making his charming introductions. ;)

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Thanks @funkeeferret, I'm very happy to get him in my game! He'll probably live in Roaring Heights, somewhere at the beach :smiley:

I can't wait to see how he plays in my game!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    edited October 2017
    Oh @SjappielovePaul, I'm so glad to hear that. It always feels great to hear someone is enjoying a creation. A beach in Roaring Heights sounds perfect for Elvis. Have fun!
    Wow, I'm away a couple days, and all this happens!

@funkeeferret I agree with the others, he looks great. And checking out a Real Life to Sims translation definitely requires bringing them out to the game. CAS doesn't give them enough angles to provide a real perspective. I found the same thing when I made James Spader. I was SOOOO much happier with him in game.

Not that I find anything wrong with your Elvis, but if you decide after seeing a Sim in game that you want to make refinements, remember you can use 'testingcheatsenabled' to bring a Sim back into CAS.

I had a thought when you mentioned something about having multiple Elvis's (Elvisi?) Plopping like a half dozen of different quality and slightly different personalities into Lucky Palms! How appropriate would it be to bump into Elvis impersonators all over town? Is there a rhinestone jumpsuit in the game? If not, it may fall under the "necessary CC" list for me. Or, at the very least, create a pattern of rhinestones to apply to a shirt and pants set that would be a close match. I'm planning on playing with CAP soon since it really is a handy tool for a simple Photoshop technique. And I actually don't like many of the floor tiles.

I also really want to work on wallpapers, but I'm finding that is more complex. I understand the concepts, and can create any one of the layers in Photoshop. But assembling them into a usable TS3 file is stumping me. I need to find a more useful tutorial. I've found two, but both depended on pics hosted on Photobucket that are no longer available. *sigh* I guess I'm going to have to check YouTube. But I hate video tutorials for step by step processes.

Ok, enough whining. I'm still very glad to see people chatting here.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Oh, I did get started on a seasonal festival ground. I've posted a preview of the Spring festival over on my build thread if anyone wants to take a look. I anticipate summer to be the most challenging, since I still haven't quite got the theme(s) established in my head, so I will be skipping it and doing Fall next. Meanwhile I will have to choose something from here to work on as an entry for October. Anyway, link to my builds is in my siggy.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 Lucky Palms full of Elvis's is such a good idea. :lol: If you ever find a good tutorial for CAP please link. I've looked at a few and just can't get the hang of it, but then I've never devoted much time to it. Festival grounds is looking good!
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    Creator’s Username: Envyfan
    Creator or Nominee's Store Wishlist Link on Sims 3 Site: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Envyfan
    Item Title: Two person Starter Home
    Creation Wishlist Username and # of Item: AlphaFen #3 "Starters of any kind because when are they not helpful?"
    Exchange, Simfileshare.net or Mediafire Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9148792
    Description: a 20x30 starter home for under 17000, 1 bedroom, 1 bath. Looks best at 174 Savannah Lane in Twinbrook
    Details: very basic furnishing, i wanted to focus on the outside this time. it shows quite a few expansions, but i think as long as you have ambitions, university life and maybe supernatral. (the deck fence could always be replace with the one from uni) I just really wanted to make something that you could live in from the start. I hope the colours are okay...
    Is CC, CAP or CAW Used? nope
    Do you have CC in your game folder? just a few body sliders
    Pictures or link to original post where pictures are shared:
    https://i.imgur.com/RA1Lias.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Aqh7hKp.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pNgsEsG.jpg
    do the bubble with the sim's face go away when you use c to screenshot? do my lots have textured grass when you place them in your world?

i might try to enter something else later, i haven't been in the mood to play the sims so who knows.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top