Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No doghouses and not a real graveyard, why?

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I agree I don’t want cancer and mental health illnesses in the game. In certain places I’ve seen that as a request. But sims dying from illness if left untreated ala sims 1 & 2? I have no problem with that.

I lost a pregnant sim yesterday in the sims 2 to a fire, it also killed her child. My first thought was “this would not happen in 4!”

I have no problem with fake or wacky diseases like guinea pig in Sims 1, or diseases in Sims 2. But I agree, real life diseases like cancer etc shouldn't be added.

A lot of people deal with that stuff irl and don't want to deal with it in their game too.

I'm actually all for pregnant ladies dying too, but I guess im morbid lol.

In Sims 4 I did have a mother pee herself during labor and then died of embarrassment the second the twins were born. LOVED it! I need more accidental deaths. I totally went with the story that she died from complications during labor, and their father struggled to raise them.
    Absolutely the game needs more accidental deaths. That sounds like a good story base. That sentence looks strange but in context I'm sure you know what I mean. In the three years I've had 2 deaths that weren't old age. Two. I miss it.

I can count the accidental deaths on one hand (if we exclude death by sunlight. Had a ton of those and I love it. I always pick x3 weakness to sun)

I definitely miss Sims 2 accidental deaths. It was so easy to die.

Now you need 2 shocks to die and need to be eaten by a cowplant twice to die.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I just read through the closed thread about doghouses (these new mods sure are sensitive arent they? Safe space, amiright?)
    I'm rather pleased that the moderators aren't allowing the arguments to rage on indefinitely like a dumpster fire burning into the night. I also like that they're being rather proactive with keeping people in line. It is making my time on the forums much more enjoyable.

Enough about that. As to the topic at hand, I am fine with not having doghouses. I find doghouses to be as appalling as fishbowls.

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm assuming dogs can sleep in a dog bed because it's been said they cannot sleep in sims beds. Another missed opportunity:(
    edited October 2017
    I'm assuming dogs can sleep in a dog bed because it's been said they cannot sleep in sims beds. Another missed opportunity:(

Pretty sure they said they could depending on the size of the bed.

Or maybe it was small dogs and cats only.. Definitely remember reading it though.
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I'm waiting until all the information is out...then I'll say something about this EP.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I thought they could sleep in Sims beds. I'm sad.

The more I hear about Cats&Dogs, as much as it sounds great, it seems more and more about the CAP and less the game. All glitz and glamour, lights and lazer shows, with the Devs leaving out some pretty important and interesting things.

There's also the concern that apart from bug fixes, nothing more will be added for Cats&Dogs to expand, because they couldn't have a Stuff Pack that catered only to the people who had bought C&D.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited October 2017
    Sim Guru JM has said in Twitter only cats on beds.
    By the looks of things Sim Guru Grant said small dogs could but the tweet has been deleted and Sim Guru JM repeated only cats on beds. I’m on mobile so having trouble linking.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Where are dogs going to sleep if they can't sleep on sims beds and there are no doghouses? I think it would be cute if small dogs could curl up on the sofa to sleep like my dogs do.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
    edited October 2017
    It has been said dogs can sleep on the couch, floor or their beds as can cats. Cats can sleep on beds. I don’t care about dog houses as it’s not something I use for my dogs and puppies. They have beds or in the pups case a huge puppy run.

I do agree it sounds very much like the “meat” of this pack is CAP.

I’m not sure how people can say pets behave like toddlers in terms of realism if they haven’t seen the cats and dogs? Or is this the youtubers saying it who have seen them?
    I honestly think people are jumping the gun. We have only seen like a minute of gameplay in the form of a trailer.
    edited October 2017
    It is possible, if we get a Horses Game Pack, that it will be tuned to work well in conjunction with the Cats&Dogs pack. After all, Horses should be good gameplay material worth getting the pack solo for, and the same kind of people who buy Cats&Dogs would buy Horses. We might not get Cats&Dogs specific material, but it's a good place to add some animal things for all three.

The same would go for a Small Pets Game Pack - especially if your Cats and Dogs interacted well with Small Pets. It's a selling point for both of them.

So, I'm seriously concerned, but I don't despair just yet. We just have to raise our voices for what they miss out - sometimes it's unfair or unreasonable or just plain impossible, but this time it seems a decent request. It's even possible that some of these things are being made but haven't been completed, but EA demands a CHristmas release. There's still a whole month to go.

We definitely seem to need more household places now though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I honestly think people are jumping the gun. We have only seen like a minute of gameplay in the form of a trailer.

I usually reserve judgement but they've already mentioned a couple things we can't do we could in the past (and this is supposed to give us more to do with cats and dogs specifically)
    So what will we be actually able to do beyond owning and building a relationship with our pets?
    Maybe I am being too critical, but u hate how tight lipped they are when there's really not that long left until release. We know almost nothing beyond cap :(
    They talk so much about the CAP and how much better it is.

I have no doubt Cats&Dogs will expand our families with pet love. But since you can't actively tell your pet to do things, but has to do things because they want to, the options change. Like, you have to train your dog to want to catch that ball. But if there was a dog house, they would have to be smaart enough to interact with that too,

Not saying I don't want them. I'm just saying maybe it's not as easy as we wish it was.
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    @Zeldaboy180 am i wrong or did drake say in an interview they wanted this game to be a safe space? It was the same interview where she said/implied (I forget) that this game was targeted at teenage girls. Im on mobile and have trouble copy and pasting but it shouldn't be hard to find. That's what i was referring to.

Don't ever remember that. If it was said, it was probably about things like murder, disabilities, sickness etc.

Just gonna say that if the Sims team actually feels people need a safe space from "disabilities," I'll take my money elsewhere right now. That's a pretty warped "safe space" if actual people are considered unsuitable for it.
    Keffers wrote: »
    Why so passionate about dog houses? Who even uses them anymore.

Imagine you have a doghouse and you wanna make your home in the game. Now you can't give your dog a doghouse, and that's frustrating considering how basic the object is.

Imagine you wanna make iconic cartoon characters, celebrities, pop icons and other such well-known figures and fill a game file with those. You decide to get to work making iconic dogs and make Snoopy. Immediately you notice the loss of the dog house.

It's not game-ruining, but it's very annoying considering how basic it is, and yes it gives reason to question what the heck is going on with the management of the game when we constantly have time for things like talking toilets, rocket ships, cupcake factories and shark cats on roombas (<---I'm gonna place my bet now I guess and say this is the gimmick that eats into the gameplay livestream akin to talking toilet), but we don't have time for firefighters, doghouses, hot tubs or cars.

I agree. If the team thinks that disabled people are somehow less than human, then maybe I should stop wasting my money on their games.

You guys twisted my words, nobody ever said they're less than human.

Why would you want cancer and diseases in a world like the Sims. That's depressing.

I never said I wanted Cancer in the game. I was referring to the statement that I highlighted from @DeservedCriticism posted which seems to be how the developers seem to be selective about the types of simmer's that should be included in their game.
    I had not even seen your post where you mentioned murder, disabilities, and illness. So someone with a disability is on the same level as a murderer? Really?

Anyway, I do think that leaving out doghouses is more than odd for a pack that is just cats and dogs. It would be nice to have graveyards too, but I believe that they said in the stream that it was a lot, but not where the pets go or something like that. Probably just decorative gravestones like the ones that came with Vampires for pets.

DeservedCriticism brings up a good point. All we really know so far is CAP. We have been told that pets are not controllable, and it seems that that even the developers themselves are not sure about certain answers such as pets aging, sleeping on beds, ect. I agree with the points that DeservedCritism made: If they couldn't add in a dog house, then what exactly is the game play going to be like. I have to ask myself if I can really trust that these animals are going to live up to the expectations or is this all just hype.
    edited October 2017

And most of the trailers of different packs/dlc in that few minute of gameplay show 90% what it has to offer after release, barely missing out any content. Hold on, I'mma dig up a comment that I just remember which hits the nail on why people jump onto these guns:
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    This is the way EPs are done. They release info in clumps based on a theme each week, starting a month before release. Showing off different features of aspects each week. Why do people seem to forget how things are done every time? Like they have never been here during an EP release before?

Except not entirely. For comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHFMTB3f4V8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFWb3lgRpcE

Check what percent of footage showcases new content. With the Sims 3 one, ANY piece of footage involving a horse means they showed off new content. The cat hiding under the bed, the dog guarding something, the dog playing with the ball....all of that was new and didn't appear in Sims 2. You could say about half of the trailer was new content not previously shown in past versions of the game. The trailer had the function of teasing never-before-seen features to entice us to buy the product.

Sims 4....? Legit the only new bits of info are the Vet career, the pet clothing and one could maybe argue that jogging with pets is new, though really it's more them realizing walking dogs in Sims 3 took years and speeding it up. Pet clothing isn't even gameplay, but they showed it off. The vet career remains a mystery for now in regards to quality, but that's to be expected since a trailer lacks the time to show it off. Sims 4 did not show off upcoming never-before-seen features, unless we assume that things like the Pet clothing are it...which isn't reassuring at all.

Some might be saying Sims 3 perhaps had different goals than Sims 4 and that's why the trailers focus on different things. Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rinBmBen2Iw

Boom. Doctor career, Detective career, Scientist and Retail system. All of them were previewed like a neat little checklist, as if to show off the upcoming features. Heck, they even managed to slip in that photography was an upcoming skill (and tease baking as well), which is something they likewise did for DJing in Get Together and Singing with City Living. Where is the skill for this pack...?

Same story with others too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNvqfjOQPsY

Powers? Check. Coffin woohoo? Check. New CAS options? Check. The new Pipe Organ skill? Check. Misc stuff like the new walk or new animations? Check. They showed off and previewed pretty much every single category of this game pack save maybe for the build mode options, since some of those were a "new" way of adding damage and cracks to walls. We had brief glimpses regarding all that was coming.

So what's up with Pets? Here we are left to ask if the people claiming "it's just a trailer, it's not supposed to show us anything" know what they're talking about, or if Pets isn't showing us anything because there's nothing to show. I mean, I would personally argue that the repeated presence of that gay couple in the trailers...? That suggests they're consciously planning out what they want to show. Yes, clearly calculated thought is going into their trailers, exactly as they've done in the past. It's insanely clear they want us to know about that gay couple because they've been centerstage to three different teasers now. You expect me to believe they're prioritizing showing off a gay couple over actual gameplay features in terms of importance...? I'm sorry, but I have to wonder if the gay couple isn't this pack's gimmicky distraction akin to City Living. I'm about ready to bet money that when it comes time for the livestream previews, they're gonna repeatedly revisit that gay couple even after we've already seen them. I have to wonder if we're being shown the gay couple because there's nothing else to show.

As I said, we don't have evidence this pack is lacking, but we also lack evidence this pack has any gameplay to it. I'm the customer, it's their job to convince me to buy it by showing me what it can do. I'm not convinced, because they've yet to show me evidence that this pack has gameplay content. And if history is any indication, then there's a reason for the lack of content in the trailers...

All that shows to me is that people are actively looking for something to be dissapointed in to me.

Yes, we knew vampires existed and they had powers. We didnt know how they worked or all the powers.

Yes we knew about careers in get to work, we didn't know how they worked.

Yes we knew about living in the city. We knew nothing about apartments or festivals etc.

Get the theme?

Yes we know there are cats and dogs. We don't know what all they can do.

You also conveniently left out Get Together and Parenthood. We knew almost nothing about either of those, and they both turned out to be fan favorite packs.

As for focusing on the gay couple... They aren't? They were in two trailers so far. They never even straight up said they were a gay couple, the fans got excited.

The first trailer they were in a wedding for 2 seconds. The second trailer they were sitting on a bench for 1 second. Lots of focus there..
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Aesir26 wrote: »
    BeJaWa wrote: »

I do. Is there a reason people shouldn't? I mean there is also decent yard space for them t go with the dog house, I thought it was better than keeping a dog in a cage all day inside the house when I'm not around.

Edit: I actually personally feel pet outfits are more abusive than dog houses since if weather is bad the dog can come inside (we have a warm barn for them), but animal outfits are mostly unneeded (some dogs on walks get booties to save cold feet in the winter) and in combination with animal fur can risk over heating the poor guys. I'm assuming the animal in question isn't one of the ones that fights getting dressed because I know many who do that.

Obviously though we all have different views on what is appropriate or not with animals.

I just wanted to mention that my dog is one that actually does need clothing in the winter when we take him for walks. His fur is so thin that he's practically bald on his stomach just from the way he tends to scoot on the carpet when he plays. Since I live in a place where it can get absurdly cold for most of the year it's a choice between putting a sweater on him or not walking him all winter.

Like you said, we all have different views on what is appropriate and each person's circumstances with their own pet can vary just as wildly.

It's why I mentioned the winter booties for dogs on walks. :) I do count those as an exception because yeah we don't need to let pups freeze.
    There's so much focus on CAP, I feel like "Is Cats&Dogs even finished? Or is EA pushing the basics out for Christmas, with a booster patch coming out after Christmas the way Pools and Basements were late?"

*shrugs*
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They must not have visited places for pampered pets. Where dog houses are sold with heat and air conditioning included. oh and their own doggie door, to keep the wind at bay. I'm sure my dogs would love a house like that if they ever get off my couch and out from under the a/c. But I know what they would hate, kids pulling on them, their ears, their tails, and dressing them up in clothes. They are dogs, stop trying to make them human, or you wind up with a very unhappy pet.

^^^LOL^^^ As a dog owner who likes to spoil him, I got a good laugh from that one.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well I guess this means we can't make snoopy lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I am happy about CAP and I even support that we only get Cats and Dogs...but I expected that we would get more content for each since they can focus on them.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    For me it start to be like TS4. CAS perfect, but in the game nothing. I hope I'm wrong.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I do hope EA patch in dog houses. To add variety.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie