The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Charlottesmom :p You love rubbing it in,and nothing beats 2 awesome sims on the same couch Liz and Naima :love: even though Liz has that whole genetic mutation hair growth disorder thing going on.And nothing will beat your one townie gender switch,you know who I mean.

@MoonandStars83 Your post made me laugh :D "Decided to play 4 last night" "Will return to 3 today"
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Page 1937

@KevinL5275 That is a long time since your last update! :o
    Samantha obviously doesn't mind that Patrick has no dress sense ;)
    Have you planned dates for the girls? I'm always on that as soon as I get Prom notice.
    Nice update!

Yes, Samantha has Patrick and April has Sebastian. These are children/grandchildren of original Riverview sims. I'm on the third generation with this game. I started with Yvette and Walter Grisby.
    Both sisters met their guys at school, without any help from me. I don't know yet if they will be serious love interests yet. Its up to them. :)

I still don't have a boyfriend for Victoria though. She doesn't take an interest in anyone. She's content to play her instruments and play with her cats. I guess crazy cat lady is in her future! LOL
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited October 2017
    :wink: Yes...the one who makes you question...everything.. :o

Thornton as a Girlie!! <3

35513236580_ee35e2f079_b.jpg

Though I personally prefer him in his Male form...YUM!!

35713513292_a1af8bcb34_b.jpg

Yup, Liz is kind of a walking carpet!

35508248820_49783d9bb8_b.jpg

Vampy Liz...Totally cute!

35073141683_ee6430f7ea_b.jpg

Just a bonus...no idea what brought this on, Jamie must have been juiced to the gills! **Actually I made her go around town kissing everyone..that was a fun 15 minutes. ;):D

35882223995_149fc02344_b.jpg

:mrgreen:
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Sorry that you got bored with TS4 but at least you always have TS3! :smiley:

@Charlottesmom Nice gender swap :smile:

Well I was on a steam train earlier which made a change from the usual electric trains I always end up using :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Great updates everyone... :)

@polrbear,
    @lisasc360 Oh wow, the pictures with the red sky on the water are strikingly beautiful. I mean, I would totally stare off into space there too, but that’s just me :D Wait, is that sleigh from the store or is it cc? LOL it looks so fun! Aww, I am a bit scared of heights sometimes too! Craven loving his igloo makes me cry laughing. Too bad your plans to scare Craven awake keep being thwarted by his biological clock. Donny with his puppy is adorable.
    Thank you... :) I would too if I saw a nice sunrise like that myself... :) The sleigh is from MTS. I've provided the link for anyone who wants it in their game to use... :)http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=428593 Yeah it is pretty funny that he would prefer the igloo over a nice warm and comfy bed but I guess he just likes sleeping in it as he's probably pretending to be a Eskimo...lol... :p Yeah really, it's like he has me on his radar or something in there. Maybe that's why he keeps sleeping in the igloo as he could be spying on my SS and keeping tabs on her....lol... ;) It is pretty sweet that he's carrying Scout so that he doesn't get buried in the snow. What a gentleman he is... <3<3

Great updates... :)

@LunBeauty,
    @lisasc360 Nice update! :) Looks like it was a nice winter day in your game. :)
    Thank you... :)

Great updates... :) I guess the game must think that you love having twins in your game.... :p

@Mikezumi, great updates... :)

@Charlottesmom, interesting update... :)

@Nikkei_Simmer, wow, it's getting even more interesting in your game... :)

@kevinL5275, Welcome back to the thread. Great update and pictures... :)

@TadOlson, great update... :) I'm glad that you're feeling better now... :)

@Silverofdreams30, great update... :)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @polrbear Thanks for the comments. :) They are excited about the baby. Cool pic of the overcast town. Cute picture of August and Harper strolling. Samantha looks so comfy! Great splashes! The twins pillow fight looked pretty good until the end. Ouch!

@KevinL5275 Cute pic of the silly sims playing in the snowy sandbox. :) Don't you just hate it when dates get interrupted by work! :) I enjoyed the update. Samantha's extra credit looks a lot more fun then the stuff I had to do. Lol at his outfit though. Looks like he just soared in from Lunar Lakes.

@Mikezumi Cerberus is a cutie! He does seem to favor Zumi. Adorable pics of him learning his skills. :) Congrats to Dean on mastering guitar. Lol at the traffic in the bedroom. :)
    Yes, I really was happy they did the risky woohoo and got preggers. :) I've redone the nursery and will show pics as soon as the baby is born. :)

@NeonYellowRedBlue That's a bummer, you must play 4.

@Silverofdreams30 Great pics. Love that you locked the pool door so they have to do something else. :) Liam is having a blast. :) Congrats on the new pregnancy. Very handsome cop.

@LunBeauty You go girl, good job decking the creep. I enjoyed the updates. Are you using the painting replacement mod and still getting EA paintings also? Luna is lucky. Not so sure Jared makes a good boyfriend unless you change traits, he is so ornery. Awww, it will be sad to see Cheri and family go but yes, when the lag starts it is best to do it. Bummer about Devon and Autumns fight. They made some awesome faces at each other. You can tell neither one wants to give an inch. The kids are adorable on aging up! I'm glad Devon and Autumn talked it out! :) Twins! More girls too. :) Good to see the girls before they move out. :) I love having Genies in the household. :)

@CravenLestat Gorgeous patterns. :)

@OriginalMara Bummer it had to hail on beach day.

@MoonandStars83 I imagine your book was much more entertaining. :)

@Charlottesmom lol at you picking on Jamie
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Hey everyone.

I'm still lurking for now...reading everyone's updates with much enjoyment and laughs. :blush: I love this thread! <3

I've been writing Sam's next chapter at quite a slow pace, trying to piece it all together. I actually had some motivation yesterday to do the dishes, laundry, and clean the house a little, but man...mopping the kitchen floor and scrubbing toilets are always last on my list because I hate them!! :confounded: Gotta face it soon though... (Can I get an Amen about that!? :lol: )

Anyway, we're about to head out and visit family for my niece's birthday so keep calm and sim on my friends. :)
    Thanks for being so sweet. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited October 2017
    I also look up names, I actually created Dalia then was searching for a name for her, I ran into Dalia when looking up "African names that mean gentle" perfect match for her!

37694334511_65b334f40c_c.jpg

33173446694_97ec8800f7_b.jpg

34017072405_0b89ac46ec_b.jpg

@emorrill Welcome back :smile:

@CravenLestat That bathroom is nothing compared to what I have seen before. The other day I shared a video of one of my 'exploration' videos with a bathroom with what looked like a tree growing in the bath :no_mouth:

@Charlottesmom Nice choice of name :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @bekkasan Thanks you yeah it mad eme mad so no more pool for them for a while.

@Charlottesmom Great looking sims

@emorrill sometimes lurk mode is a ncie break hugs

Here is last update for today

[img][/img]dJOqu3O.jpg

In the morning

[img][/img]7hAgb9f.jpg

Liam

[img][/img]xDJUkbI.jpg

Liam went to the public poo lsince can not swi mat home,
    he had a rando mbreathe contest with a townie.

[img][/img]ZhppSAA.jpg

I later edited that townie

[img][/img]wVqgCuQ.jpg

Rose and Mahmoud rolled a wish for a party so let them have a
    house party.

[img][/img]RsHIkK7.jpg

Ava and Thornton were among the guests

[img][/img]KbKX6xE.jpg

Having fun

[img][/img]Fw5657O.jpg

Mahmoud chatting to Alistair

[img][/img]ru2sLXA.jpg

talking to guests

[img][/img]tFgZTSu.jpg

Ava and Thornton dancing

[img][/img]FTzZEDT.jpg

Liam got bored of the party and started to paint,
    kiara was invited but did not arrive with her parents

[img][/img]GZ3GmLh.jpg

[img][/img]RR1pY6y.jpg

other photos

All for today

• msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi there how is everyone? I am doing okay. I just finished chapter 11 for Gen 1 of The Guzman Family.
    @msbeckycat Welcome back :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,425 Member
    JAGInsanity

The Emotional Storm (yep...folks, here it comes).

Yes, of all the times in the day that Meg and Harm had to deal with; dinner was the toughest. Especially on the times when it was a group dinner. Then they all had to tuck in their inner feelings and try to put on a brave face so that others weren't able to tell how they were feeling. Meg was still pining for Tosh and Harm hurt because he wasn't even on Meg's radar other than being "friend-zoned" hard. The rest of the friends, with the exception of Liandra were unaware of the romantic tensions brewing between Meg, Tosh and Harm. Kimber was aware but chose to ignore it in the light of the fact that she had Tosh and that was all that was important.
    Screenshot-5.jpgScreenshot-7.jpgScreenshot.jpg But for Meg, those group dinners were so emotionally charged, because of the fact that she was in the presence of the man who essentially broke her heart.
    Screenshot-8.jpgScreenshot-10.jpgScreenshot-11.jpgScreenshot-12.jpg No matter how much she wanted to put aside the pain of rejection, it still resonated every single time she watched him walk up those stairs with Kimber.

So she tried her best to put the pain aside...by going outside and trying to distract herself with other activities
    Screenshot-15.jpgScreenshot-17.jpgScreenshot-16.jpg ...but eventually it got too much...and she went and confronted the man who had torn her heart to shreds.
    Screenshot-20.jpg "Tosh, I need to talk to you about something..." Meg approached him with a wary expression on her face.

Tosh thought to himself... oh, god...here it comes.... Despite the fact that he had appeared to be oblivious, he had felt every single bit of Meg's emotional pain directed at him as an empathetic human being, but he was in love with Kimber...and that was the unfortunate reality of the situation. He had done what he could to distance himself from that and that gave off the impression that he was oblivious. Meg's expression was one of bereft grief and suppressed anger.

Her simple question was one word: "Why"... and it touched off a potent memory.
    Admiral Arleigh A. Burke Commissioned Officers' Mess
    Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa-ken, Japan 2330 hrs

The O'Club at Yokosuka had some pounding beats going on as Animal shook his head. He had several drinks already and it was rapidly approaching the point of no pain. Harm and Meg were enjoying their last night in Yokosuka before flying back in the morning to Washington, DC.

Harm was pretty much three sheets to the wind. He excused himself citing the fact that he had to pack. "Don't worry about me, Meg, I know my way home to the Nimitz." He leaned over blurrily to Animal, his movements grandiose with the intoxication, hand extended in the air. "Sir. I task you with bringing my partner home to the carrier."

"Understood, Lieutenant Commander Rabb." Animal said formally as he grinned back at Harm. "Dismissed."

"Aye, aye SIR!" he said loudly as he saluted sans cover. If he had placed his cover on, he'd be hit with a penalty of buying a round of drinks for every single officer in the O'Club. At least he had the faculties not to do that.

"This career isn't easy" Animal said reflectively once Harm had gone out the door. "With deployments and potential for war…it's not a situation that's conducive to what I would like in my life…" He pulled at his drink. Shaking his head he looked up at Meg.

"And what do you want out of life? Sir?" Meg asked.

"I guess…"there was a long pause and another couple of drinks before he answered, his tone wistful striking a chord in Meg "I want the white picket fence, the house, the wife, the two kids and dog and…" He paused and chuckled. "the half a cat…ok…an intact cat."

Meg replied. "I think everyone wants that, sir." Her tone was also wistful. That was something she wanted as well. It meant something to her that this officer, well-decorated and committed to his career was loosening up enough to admit this to her.

He continued…"But really, Lieutenant, all I really want is someone who understands me, who I am, as a person, not someone who just thinks of me as a guy with a sword in one hand, flight helmet in the other, and chest festooned with medals shouting.'Follow me, men! Glory or bust.'. Inside, I'm not that guy…" he chuckled to himself. "I must be drunk, Lieutenant junior grade." Animal had said. "Here I am, admitting all my problems to you."

"Well, sir, you're honest. I'm sure that the right woman will come along…" she stated. "I'm sure of it."

"Oh, you are, are you?" Animal asked grinning. Meg wasn't sure if it was the alcohol or a genuine grin. "What if I told you that I hoped that person had already crossed my path?"

"I think that's the alcohol talking, sir." Meg thought. 'What can of worms did I just open up.' And started backpedalling. "Well, hopefully you tell her the truth." She said.

"I hope she knows…" Animal said…looking at her with a crooked smile. It must have been the drink that loosened his lips like this. "At least after I opened up to her like I did. But must've been the booze." He grinned. "I'd better go home and pour myself into bed.", he took her hand, raised it up to his lips, kissed it. He got up as did Meg. "I think we'd better get a taxi, before I get even more drunk and can't find my feet."

Meg smiled softly at Animal. "Well, sir…I think we'd better call it a night." What he had said was doing laps in her mind.

Tosh was silent for a long time...as the memory played out in his mind.
    Screenshot-21.jpg Meg suppressed a sob as she said, "I waited for you..." a simple statement that had the emotional impact of a 50MT nuke.
    Screenshot-22.jpg Tosh replied, his own heart breaking, "How...was I to know that you were waiting for me? You disappeared for three years after Harm got falsely accused for Diane's murder and arrested, Krennick was trying to railroad him into an Article 118? And you were nowhere to be found. I searched, but the higher-ups told me to stop trying to poke the hornet's nest and I had no choice but to move on with my life.
    Screenshot-23.jpg "But you never even gave me a second chance..." Meg exclaimed, "Even when we ended up back together at this house? All your eyes were on Kimber and there was no room for me to even impress upon you that what you said in Yokosuka had sunk in...that I love you...and that I want you." she said...her fists clenched due to the emotional pain.
    Screenshot-24.jpg "I'm not going to put Kimber through that pain..." Tosh said simply as he looked at her. "I'm not going to reject her now that she's made her position clear and that you've told me your position."

It was too late for them, and Meg realized that. If Kimber hadn't already stamped her claim on Tosh, it was certainly clear now who he preferred. And Meg knew that he wouldn't waffle on that position. Once Tosh made his stand on a position that he thought was right, there was no budging him.
    Screenshot-25.jpg "I know...but I thought for some unknown reason, that we had a ghost of a chance. I know that isn't the case now." Meg said, trying to disguise her emotional upheaval with a non-chalant look, but the eyes were the windows of the soul; they were glassy with unresolved pain and unshed tears.
    Screenshot-26.jpgScreenshot-27.jpg She tried one last time, "There isn't a ghost of a chance...is there?" she repeated then asked.
    Screenshot-28.jpg Tosh silently shook his head... but uttered a heartbreaking, "No...there isn't..." pausing for a moment. "I won't put Kimber through that..." he said again with finality bracing his shoulders with steely resolve.
    Screenshot-29.jpg "I see..." Meg said, with equal finality. "I hope that you and Kimber will be happy...together..." she said with a forced cheerfulness in her voice resolving in her heart to not let this break her.
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Nikkei_Simmer Heartbreaking story for Meg :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • baranoutabaranouta Posts: 64 Member
    @LunBeauty Thank you! c:

@bekkasan Thanks! ^-^ It was my first time seeing a unicorn in the game so I was really surprised to have him just show up at the house.

@Charlottesmom Thank you! :3 That's good to know. I've got free will off but I saw a mod to stop horses from autonomously destroying your garden, so I might install that. ^^

@Mikezumi Thanks~ Yeah, I'm pretty sure the puppy is like... the size of the unicorn's hoof. :open_mouth:

@polrbear I thought that was super cool. I didn't know it was possible to have a black unicorn, just a white one. I loved that they could do that, sniff each other!

These are actually updates from yesterday, technically, but shh. :p
    vtOOTQR.jpg
    9bYXhJg.jpg
    Unicorns start out with their skills maxed, it turns out. This jump obstacle was really cool looking -- though Batgirl learned later that it can be rather dangerous for riders...

r0mwoAO.jpg
    She started to learn the riding skill.

zibTNYr.jpg
    Lena, Supergirl, and Batgirl got makeovers.

XdGiqYS.jpg
    Also Lena and Supergirl had their 4 year wedding anniversary! (And I figured out how to use pose player! You know, the last time I tried to use it was so long ago that one had to manually enter in the name of their poses? The pose list feature is so convenient omg.)

t5dP2za.jpg
    Batgirl and Farah :)

IV6D0qz.jpg
    Ivy learned level 7 of the riding skill for this specific purpose. Just to do the heroic pose for Batgirl to take a picture. Isn't she generous? lol

Frnpnhb.jpg
    Lastly, meet Merlin! With the addition of him, Batgirl was able to complete A Cat, Baby Animals, and A Zoo. Though, Merlin was adopted from the shelter and for some reason the social worker only registered as A Sim in the Area instead of Social Worker. >_>
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Page 1937 (cont.)

@TadOlson Sorry that your illness lingered so long. I hope you are feeling better now.
    Great update! Did a pesky raccoon knock over the trash or a mean neighbour? ;)

@NeonYellowRedBlue Sorry about your toddler.

@king_of_simcity7 I like to use different naming themes because I play so many families. It helps me to remember (well, mostly anyway) which family sims came from when I see their names in the saved sims folder.
    Have fun with steam trains :)

@CravenLestat I am not so much into mythology now but I was in my younger days. Mostly I was into surviving my childhood, though.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks and great update :)

@bekkasan Shark is very cute but I might need to tweak him a little more to give him more distinct features. He makes a really pretty female which is good :)

@LunBeauty Thank you. I haven't looked around Twinbrook yet. I keep meaning to but I have seen some funny (and some not so funny) names.
    Nice updates :)
    Sorry about your SS and Jared :( What a hoot that you decked a guy for dumping you for telling you he found the other girl prettier! Good for you :)
    Sorry you need to split the family up but it is for the best, especially if your game is lagging.
    Poor Autumn. Homework needing to be done before work is a tough call!
    I never allow IFs in my save!
    I'm glad that Devon can see that he was hard on Autumn!
    Ashton and Giselle are cute kids!
    Glad that Devon and Autumn got that sorted out :)
    Congrats/commiserations on the birth of Ruby and Leigh :)
    Sorry that Cheri and family had to move quicker than expected!
    Ah, so a genie was the replacement for the butler!
    Adorable seeing the kids in costume :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited October 2017
    Sooooo...I'm alive and I'm almost 100 pages behind and 2.1k posts behind! *insert embarrassed face* I've been back to the States and was in my best friend's wedding, plus my niece eloped so we celebrated that is well. Other than that, I've been hiding away from the forums working and working on a BIG request build and videos. So in case you're wondering what's been happening Sims' wise...here it goes:
    Click on the pictures to watch on YouTube
    37111321452_130fb94a2c_z.jpg

37439006140_1069cb195a_z.jpg

37439006840_254b0632f4_z.jpg

37439005630_2a61c49004_z.jpg

These ones are coming up (nothing to click)

37439007600_86025cc79f_z.jpg

37439005080_37bc9f65c5_z.jpg

And this is the BIG KAHUNA that I've been working on for ages: A Festival Lot

boop [download]
    Picture Spam

36984485644_2f4054bd2c_z.jpg

I'm going to try to be better and be more active from now on! I've missed this thread and all of your wonderful stories!
    Page 1938

@Silverofdreams30 Great updates :) Cute pics of Liam on the playground equipment :)
    Glad the burglar didn't get away!
    Congrats on the pregnancy :)

@CravenLestat Beautiful patterns :)

@Charlottesmom I am all for gender swapping and have done it for years!
    Thornton does make a great female but, like you, I prefer his male form :)
    I've never cared for Liz. Her eyeshape is one I see too often in premades.
    You are so cruel to Jamie! LMAO
    Researching names is fun!

@MoonandStars83 I will try TS4 one day but not for a while as I am still installing new EPs in TS3.

@KevinL5275 There are worse things in life than ending up a crazy cat lady ;)

@lisasc360 Thank you :)

@bekkasan Thanks for the lovely comments :)
    Looking forward to seeing the baby :)

@emorrill Have fun at your niece's birthday :)
    Page 1939

@Nikkei_Simmer I'm glad that Meg and Tosh talked. I don't blame him for giving up - 3 years is a long time - but, by the same token, I can see how Meg might have felt otherwise. The fact is, he has moved on and so should she.

@baranouta Congrats on Lena and Supergirl's 4 year wedding anniversary :)
    Merlin is also tiny! Congrats on Batgirl completing A Cat, Baby Animals, and a Zoo :)

@aricarai Welcome back :) Hope you had fun at the wedding and congrats also to your niece :)
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »

@aricarai Welcome back :) Hope you had fun at the wedding and congrats also to your niece :)

Thank you so much @Mikezumi! I love your new profile picture and banner! I've so missed your stories <3
    @aricarai Thank you :) I have been playing my young SS so thought it was time for a new profile pic :) My latest save with her is a hoot! She's living with Sam and Dean Winchester and mostly left to freewill and risky woohoo :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top