Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling Pets

I just watched the livestream, and they said we can sell puppies and kittens. A guru also seems to have confirmed it on Twitter (saw it on SimsVIP). I thought they said previously that we could only give them away? Did they change that?
Gallery ID: floridameerkat
Family trees:
Young
Pearce
Niner

Comments

• AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I just watched the livestream, and they said we can sell puppies and kittens. A guru also seems to have confirmed it on Twitter (saw it on SimsVIP). I thought they said previously that we could only give them away? Did they change that?

they must have changed it or he made a mistake when tweeting this

• floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member

Maybe they heard that people wanted to be able to sell puppies and kittens, so they changed it? Either way, I guess we won't find (at the very least) until the gameplay livestream in 3 weeks.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member

Maybe they heard that people wanted to be able to sell puppies and kittens, so they changed it? Either way, I guess we won't find (at the very least) until the gameplay livestream in 3 weeks.

I can't wait to get more info. This was such a tease today haha
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Not 3: #2weeks :D:D
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Not 3: #2weeks :D:D

I checked the events page on their Twitch and the Vets livestream is Oct. 26, two weeks away. Gameplay is Nov. 2, which is 3 weeks.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I heard you can move pets into other households via household management, didn't hear selling was a thing. May be wrong on the last part.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I was jk ;) Although I guess it's fairly possible they'll say something about it then too since they've already confirmed (I think anyway?) that you can't sell your pets @ the vet, so perhaps they'll reveal a tiny bit more =)
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I hope this is true! Bit weird that they seem to have gone back on what they said... it might be like you said, that they changed it, but I'm also thinking he might have said 'sell' very loosely and that you don't make money from it and it is in fact just giving them away... idk, I guess we'll see in a later livestream but I would so love it if we could sell them! :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think they misspoke about selling pets now. I think it's still just give away.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    They clearly said in the stream you can sell puppies and kittens. But they also said that puppy mills are controversial, so you wouldn't be able to sell them in a store, only on your home lot. Which doesn't matter, for a lot of people it encourages a puppy mill gameplay as an easy way to earn simoleons with pet breeding.
    samemie wrote: »
    I hope this is true! Bit weird that they seem to have gone back on what they said... it might be like you said, that they changed it, but I'm also thinking he might have said 'sell' very loosely and that you don't make money from it and it is in fact just giving them away... idk, I guess we'll see in a later livestream but I would so love it if we could sell them! :)

I wondered the same thing. Maybe they took "sell" to mean "give away" and just use the two interchangeably without realizing how confusing that might sound to the community? I noticed they did something similar when they answered the "can we select pets" question. They said we couldn't control them, and I'm not sure if they meant "control" as "select" or if they simply misunderstood what the viewer was asking. So, it's possible that they're using some terms interchangeably.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member

I wondered the same thing. Maybe they took "sell" to mean "give away" and just use the two interchangeably without realizing how confusing that might sound to the community? I noticed they did something similar when they answered the "can we select pets" question. They said we couldn't control them, and I'm not sure if they meant "control" as "select" or if they simply misunderstood what the viewer was asking. So, it's possible that they're using some terms interchangeably.

@floridameerkat That's what I'm thinking. I was also a bit confused about the skilling question if I'm honest, when they said that the training skill was a sim skill not a pet skill, but that pets would still get better at agility... I'm still not sure if pets gain a skill or not :tongue:
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

@floridameerkat That's what I'm thinking. I was also a bit confused about the skilling question if I'm honest, when they said that the training skill was a sim skill not a pet skill, but that pets would still get better at agility... I'm still not sure if pets gain a skill or not :tongue:

It's probably like the parenting skill: your sim gains pet training skill the more they train but your pets learn what you teach them. without needing a skill bar for each thing. If we get a sort of UI for pets maybe we can see badges of what they learned.
    He didn't say it straight into the camera like he was giving out info, he said it off-handedly to another guru. And they all don't obviously know everything about the pack. They also stated that you can't age pets up with aging off, but there is a tweet that says the vet can sell you a treat or you can make one that will age them up.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I hope we can get that clarified in a couple weeks at the next livestream. If not earlier.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    edited October 2017
    They said you could sell puppies and kittens born in your home and they would go to “rescue” to be adopted. It was stated several times.
    Post edited by Marktn on
    Marktn wrote: »
    They said you could sell puppies and kittens born in you home and they would go to “rescue” to be adopted. It was stated several times.

Where was that said?
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I wonder if they mean "sell" as in get money or more as in give away to be adopted for free? I'm very confused. It seems selling in your home would be more controversial than having a legitimate business. I kind of wish there could be pet shops(or maybe pounds/adoption centers?), I think it would be cool to take your sim to look at & interact with different pets before buying/adopting one.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I think the next live stream starts in 13 minutes on twitch
  • Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    I hope it's the ability to sell pets. I can understand why they wouldn't want to put that in as a "not supporting puppy mills" kind of thing, but to be able to sell pups/kittens and maybe the puppies are worth more if their parents are trained up? That would be cool, in my opinion.

Anyway, I'm a little disappointed that we can't have some kind of adoption center/shelter. I think that would be the coolest thing ever and it is a dream of mine to have one in real life.
  • YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote:
    Marktn wrote:
    They said you could sell puppies and kittens born in you home and they would go to “rescue” to be adopted. It was stated several times.
    Where was that said?

I don't know if it was stated multiple times, but I know it was at least stated once in today's livestream. I can't give you a time stamp because I can't find a video of the stream at the moment, but it was when they were talking about litters and how many puppies or kittens there can be in one litter (1-3). Someone asked if you can sell the puppies and kittens if you don't want to keep them all.
    SimsVIP has a replay of the livestream.
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2017
    They clearly said in the stream you can sell puppies and kittens. But they also said that puppy mills are controversial, so you wouldn't be able to sell them in a store, only on your home lot. Which doesn't matter, for a lot of people it encourages a puppy mill gameplay as an easy way to earn simoleons with pet breeding.

well I'm looking forward to news
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    It's about 1 hour and 8 minutes into the live stream where selling pets from home and the puppy mill stuff is mentioned. Also they say at about 1 hour 2 minutes that pets can be sold.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited October 2017
    well I'm glad they added selling sometimes bad people will take dogs if there free I've heard stories
    more for sim kids and more drama please