Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Solar Panels

Forgive me if this is a little off-topic discussion but I saw it mentioned somewhere that sims 3 had working solar panels,but I've only ever had decorative ones.

Comments

• DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    They came with I think the Prius pack in the sims 3 store
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    They came with I think the Prius pack in the sims 3 store

Do you know where I can get it?
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Sims 3 store. I think it was called the "The Prius family" or something like that. It was a free promotional pack, not sure if it is still available or not.
  • rp_girlrp_girl Posts: 103 Member
    edited July 2017
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Now that Laundry is the key feature in the Eco Living Stuff Pack. We need those solar panels now more than ever because there's a very strong chance that we might get washers and dryers that run on electricity in this Stuff Pack. And adding solar panels with a wood frame would help balance that out in this SP. ;):)
  • Chatty_WhizHellChatty_WhizHell Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank you ! <3
    I just spend about 1 hour to find this 3 items ! I'm french and I don't know why when doing a research on thesims3.com in french (or even in english for that matter) every time it was saying 'no result'. Since I knew it was free store item it was very frustrating for me. So a very big thank you for this 3 working links ! <3
    Love from Strasbourg !
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Now that Laundry is the key feature in the Eco Living Stuff Pack. We need those solar panels now more than ever because there's a very strong chance that we might get washers and dryers that run on electricity in this Stuff Pack. And adding solar panels with a wood frame would help balance that out in this SP. ;):)

If Laundry is the key feature, do you really think they're gonna add solar panels? :joy: Not a chance, my friend.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Also, this isn't an eco living pack. Nothing about this pack is eco friendly.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Also, this isn't an eco living pack. Nothing about this pack is eco friendly.

Indeed! Which is weird because the people that voted for the Eco theme, had that in mind when they voted for the content (CAS and B/B objects) and then Laundry somehow made it's way in.... and now they're locked into Laundry with Eco clothing and furniture because originally they all had something else in mind. I think if people knew Laundry would be the initial focus, it's possible other choices would have been made. I know it would have been on my end.

Hopefully we'll have a genuine Eco pack and solar panels can be implemented with off grid living and canning. :)
  • eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    Does it really work or just a decoration like ts3 ?
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    eric6a01 wrote: »
    Does it really work or just a decoration like ts3 ?

The Sims 3 also has ones that work if you got the Prius set. It was free even -but saves my sim money on their bills in Sims 3. I use them and the wind turbines at many of my Sims 3 farms and horse ranches in Sims 3. Surprised you don't know that. But we are not getting them in this pack - they were up against laundry and lost the vote. In fact none of the actual Eco Friendly stuff made it into the pack as it was all up against laundry - and Simmers voted for laundry. (Sims 2 has just decorative ones, but Sims 3 has decorative and the Prius ones that actually do work to cut household costs.)

But best not get into that again as it caused a lot of us Eco Friendly people a lot of angst and anger. It's just best to let it go and forget it was once a great idea that the majority voted out. It is - what it is - the majority has spoken.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....