Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Misconceptions About Eco Friendly

ateKnaateKna Posts: 136 Member
I know this concept was originally eco friendly, and now it's laundry. But I keep seeing ideas like add eco-friendly traits, and eco friendly objects to the pack. I just wanted to add to the discussion that I hope - at this point- the team DOES NOT add eco-friendly things to the pack because the very concept of a laundry pack is the antithesis of ecologically friendly. You could have friendlier washer/dryers, yes, but the theme of the pactk is based on doing laundry, thus by title alone, excludes any hope of being eco-friendly.
An eco friendly leaning Sim would eat less meat, grow vegetables in a sustainable way (not a sprawling garden area), repurpose old furniture and get positive moodlets from leaving lights off, using rotten food as compost, and re-wearing clothes instead of immediately washing them. They would probably NOT want to live in a large house and may even been conflicted about fishing, since it disrupts natural systems, or having a large yard, because sprawl is bad for the environment.
The point I want to make is that, I would love a laundry pack, and I would like an eco-friendly pack equally as much, but not in any combination with each other. The message boards keep talking about this upcoming pack as if it is laundry first, with a side of eco-friendliness, and I find that such a strange combination. The marriage of laundry day, with it's high powered washer/dryers, and living with a lower footprint in the same pack implies that the two of these things go hand in hand, when really they are at odds with each other.
Sorry if this seems picky but things like [water] mitigation and the impact that our cities have on ecosystems is part of my day to day life, so I wanted to speak about this subject that keeps cropping up in tons of threads.

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    ateKna wrote: »
    Sorry if this seems picky but things like [water] mitigation and the impact that our cities have on ecosystems is part of my day to day life, so I wanted to speak about this subject that keeps cropping up in tons of threads.

It's a part of mine as well, and I tried my best to clarify as much concepts related to eco living as possible in this section but then I realized the problem is the very theme the gurus picked to fit laundry in. I suppose they saw resemblance since laundry revolves around resources and management too - except that it's on the opposite side of the spectrum. It's like choosing "life" as theme and do a pack both for newborns and funerals.

Too bad the art style and the objects came first but, by now, I think most of people are in tune that it's a laundry pack (it's called Laundry Day, for dog's sake!) and the eco aspect is just a reminiscent of the process haha Many minds wanting many things.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I agree!

Also, I wish we could just go back and change the art style tho... I don't know what to think about this rustic style. I know a lot of people wanted it since there's too many modern items in the game but a lot of people also argued that Art Style A (the more modern clean plastic one) was not eco-friendly. So I was like, "Fair enough. That's a fair point." And now we've come to this. :( Boo.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Well, I got the rustic style I voted for but lost my Eco-gameplay. Hope we will see it in another Stuff Pack one day.
  • kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Yes to all of this! I wanted an eco-friendly/ true off the grid living type pack. I was disappointed when laundry won and then people started discussing like they could go together. No, no they can not.