Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2017
    @funkeeferret Congrats for winning again! Just let me know what you want and I will gift you <3

Thank you,@FairyGodMother, for the congrats and for your generousity in being this month's sponsor. I am so grateful. :) Thanks also to @ZeeGee for all her time spent hosting the game, to @Jude525 and @Envyfan for joining in on the fun, (and to @Pinkiesweets4 for picking my number).

It was so much fun choosing the items. Here they are:

1. It's Business Time Industrial Oven 879 SP
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:67572&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

2. Aims Co. Choc-O-Falls Fountain 545 SP
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:52728&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

3. S p i k y and Suave 75 SP
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:17219&categoryId=&back=categoryPage

Total = 1499 how's that for being close! ;) I put the items at the top of my wish list to make them easier to find.

I'm going to build a restaurant with the new Industrial Oven, have a party with the Chocolate Fountain, and make a new Sim to sport the S p i k y hairdo. Thanks again! I really appreciate it. My Sims will have so much fun with all these new goodies and I promise to give back by uploading more builds to the Exchange.

*Ok, this is odd. For some reason, every time I spell out the word S P I K Y, it automatically switches to the word P L U M after I press Save Comment, which makes the hairdo be called P l u m and Suave, rather than S p i k y and Suave. How strange! Ok, I guess it only happens sometimes. I put spaces in to help avoid that.

I can't wait to see how next month's game goes. It already looks like it's off to a great start! Let the fun begin!

Post edited by funkeeferret on
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Gifts sent to @funkeeferret I hope the plum and suave is the sp.i.k.e.y and suave :D If its wrong, let me know, I will send you the correct one!
    Gifts sent to @funkeeferret I hope the plum and suave is the sp.i.k.e.y and suave :D If its wrong, let me know, I will send you the correct one!

Thank you very much, FairyGodMother! Yes, that's the right one, lol. I got such a laugh out of this p l u m and suave hairdo thing. I don't know how it happened. Too funny!
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    @FairyGodMother I’m on my cell with spotty service so hope this posts. Edit your current wishlist by putting a ‘strike thru’ on the items you no longer need, and then adding the new items you want at the bottom!
  • EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    woo! consolation prize!

@Jude525 that's so nice, thank you!! :D
  • Pinkiesweets4Pinkiesweets4 Posts: 16 Member
    @Jude525 I just bought the changing table from the sims store so you can add that also zebra print
    Okay I'm back on my puter thank goodness! It's hard to post from a phone. First business:

@Pinkiesweets4 Could you please edit your creation wishlist to say exactly what stuff packs and store worlds you have? I saw you answered Jude's question a little later but if it's all in one post it will help others to know exactly what they can use when creating for you.

@funkeeferret You're very welcome! It's fun for all of us. :) And what the plum is wrong with s p I k e y!!?
    @Jude525 Thanks so much for paying it forward on this thread!! You're awesome.

@Envyfan Congrats, you get 200 SP of prizes! Please post what you would like to be gifted. @rnramey will be covering that.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited October 2017
    Well, clearly somewhere in the English speaking world spik3y has a vulgar meaning. That is when the "plum" replacement usually kicks in, and I've seen a lot of interesting conversations on what it will and will not allow. I've also seen it sometimes allow the original word if the original post is edited, then saved. So I suspect that it mostly looks at newly typed content. But this isn't completely true, because this isn't consistent.

Who knows what the plum the moderators had in mind for spik3y.

EDIT: Ok, this from Urban Dictionary - Sp!ky (no "e") basically someone who is frisky. But only mildly. (Maybe meaning a step down from h0rny?) Enough to make out, but not quite enough for woohoo. So I don't know how it falls into the "plum" category, since I would consider it R-rated at best and no worse than the term "woohoo." Go fig.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @Jude525 Ha! Well thanks for doing the research. You just never know. Why in the world would c y b e r get plummed?!

ANYWAY, thanks so much to everyone for an awesome month here in the Gift of Greation game! Special thanks to @FairyGodMother and @rnramey for using their simpoints to gift! And to everyone who entered!

I haven't heard back from this month's sponsor so unsure of this month's prize. I'll post as soon as I here.
  • Pinkiesweets4Pinkiesweets4 Posts: 16 Member
    @ZeeGee can I be a sponsor?
    @Pinkiesweets4 Of course you can! Thank you! I'll PM you.
    We've going to have a special month as @Pinkiesweets4 has offered to sponsor a 2500 SP prize!! Need a world or a venue? Then this month is the month to try your hand at creating! Thanks Pinkiesweets4, you rock!!
    @rnramey thank you! I'm Envyfan on the sims website too.
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:35792
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:35791
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:23655
    http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:24643
    total: 197 points.

@ZeeGee That's a lot of points! I'll try to do my best!
    @Envyfan Yeah! Should be an exciting month!

Okay, here's your wishlist link for @rnramey since you can't link yet. :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Envyfan
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,082 Member
    Envyfan wrote: »

I've gifted you the four items you listed. They weren't all on your wishlist, but I managed to find them. The store was being a little weird for me, so let me know if you got them all. They are all showing in my purchase history but I would like to make sure you got them.
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
    @rnramey sorry! i should have put them on the wish list.
    it looks like they're all there, thank you!!
  • rnrameyrnramey Posts: 3,082 Member
    Envyfan wrote: »
    @rnramey sorry! i should have put them on the wish list.
    it looks like they're all there, thank you!!

You are welcome! Enjoy them. :smiley:
    Call me Regina. My Page Proud member of the "Own the store" club! :D

If you aren't already stalking the Daily Deals, you should be! Visit these threads to get Store items and Sets with the greatest possible discounts:
    DAILY DEAL (DD) ROTATION AND SALES HELP
    CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP
    FREE ITEMS FROM "THE SIMS 3 STORE"
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited May 2019
    @ZeeGee Sorry to be strolling in so late to this wonderful revival, the rules changes are great and thank you for pulling this all together <3 It was a great thread when @NagyGina (bless her and may she be safe :/ ) was around and I'm so glad to see it back with so many awesome builds already in it :)

Eps: All! Wooo!
    SPs: Fast Lane, High End Loft, Town Life and 70's 80's and 90's
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: All but Barnacle Bay, Dragon Valley, Monte Vista and Roaring Heights (ie the payable ones)
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: I own that store >:)
    Origin/Bundle Exclusives: None/Nada
    Special Requests: Laundry items in a build, there's something worryingly compulsive about watching someone else do laundry for you :hushed: Though no need if the budget is tight just have fun and throw yourself a unicorn parade B)
    What are your favorite themes? Variety is the spice of life whether it's a homey ranch or a mad scientist's Gothic tower the most important thing is that it has character and personality, anything else is just tasty gravy :yum:
    What are your favorite Colors? Light blues, greens and purples, hacienda style/tones are also good, but especially anything that suits the build/sim's character
    What are your dislikes? 1. CC/CAP/Spawners 2. Neon or uber bright colours 3. Homes so large they come with their own tour guide 4. Modern styles that are so edgy you could cut yourself 5. So many loud or clashing patterns it would make a kaleidoscope jealous

Creation Wishlist Wants:
    1. For you to build something you've always wanted to do but never had a good enough excuse :kissing_heart:
    2. Something creative so I can Ooo and Ahhh over it and be inspired/overwhelmingly jealous
    3. A 3 to 4 bed family home with working horse ranch for a small horse family and training equipment in a country or hacienda style, but if possible not on a 60x lot

Concept & Ideas Wishlist:
    What are your favorite things to Create? Chaos, mayhem and things that require no talent at colour co-ordination o:)
    What inspires your Creations? :star: Other simmers :star:
    How can we offer our assistance in your creations? By posting lots of amazing builds so I can admire and learn <3
    What are your favorite themes? The main theme from Gone with the Wind and Star Wars :*
    What are the things you most would like to bounce ideas off of? Pictures of people's builds both inside and out :)

I think that about covers it, let me know @ZeeGee if I've gone wrong so I can deny it and declare a vendetta against you B)
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    @funkeeferret I love Eclipse House! It's description is right up my street and all the modern angles/sticky out bits (to use the architectural term :* ) are amazing! I especially like how the front path mirrors the house's shape :)

@Jude525 I really like the fact you made your childhood home and the garage layout with the neat driveway. I've browsed through your builder's thread and you have some impressive stuff going on there :)

@Envyfan I love the warm exterior and cosy feel of your home. Your roofing is top notch and pleasing to the eye but sadly it keeps sims from being struck by lighting......more's the pity :pensive:

@FairyGodMother I'm not sure how a fairy godmother works but I'm pretty sure I rub your lamp and you grant me 3 chocolate wishes o:)
    *SHRIIIEEEKS! Grabs Alpha and hugs her so tight she passes out.* Wake up, Alpha, wake up!

@AlphaFen Thanks for a wonderfully creative wishlist and for joining the thread!

AlphaFen wrote: »
    I think that about covers it, let me know @ZeeGee if I've gone wrong so I can deny it and declare a vendetta against you B)

Aren't you still busy with your vendetta against bananas? Or maybe the appropriate question would be 'how many vendettas can a Supreme Robot Being handle?!'
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @funkeeferret I love Eclipse House! It's description is right up my street and all the modern angles/sticky out bits (to use the architectural term :* ) are amazing! I especially like how the front path mirrors the house's shape :)

Thanks for the compliment, @Alphafen. :) I'm a fan of your ATTIC OF AWESOME thread. I stumbled upon it one day and laughed my head off. So clever, so creative. A fun, fun thread. :)

And yippie, another Wishlist! It looks like fun challenges ahead for all! You know I never ever wanted laundry in my towns, and I actually have never put any washers or dryers in my game, even though they keep whining about having them, but now your comment has made me curious. I'll just check it out once and of course include it in some builds from now on to give people the option of having them. If, like me, real life laundry is more than enough, they can use the little room to lock others inside or something. I'm not going to get obsessed over laundry and start building laudromats on every corner though. I'm only going to check it out and see what all the fuss is about. I do worry about getting obsessed with it though and if I do, I know who to blame. ;)

Jude525 wrote: »
    Well, clearly somewhere in the English speaking world spik3y has a vulgar meaning. That is when the "plum" replacement usually kicks in, and I've seen a lot of interesting conversations on what it will and will not allow. I've also seen it sometimes allow the original word if the original post is edited, then saved. So I suspect that it mostly looks at newly typed content. But this isn't completely true, because this isn't consistent.

Who knows what the plum the moderators had in mind for spik3y.

EDIT: Ok, this from Urban Dictionary - Sp!ky (no "e") basically someone who is frisky. But only mildly. (Maybe meaning a step down from h0rny?) Enough to make out, but not quite enough for woohoo. So I don't know how it falls into the "plum" category, since I would consider it R-rated at best and no worse than the term "woohoo." Go fig.

@Jude525, this is absolutely hysterical! You're too funny!!! :D
    edited October 2017
    @ZeeGee I don't want to wake up!! :hushed: I was having a beautiful dream of pink haired vengeance, banana dungeons and world domination :bawling:
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Aren't you still busy with your vendetta against bananas?

Are you saying a girl can only have one ill thought out blood feud at a time!!? :worried: Why must you try and limit me!! :weary:

@funkeeferret Why thank you for visiting the attic and saying such nice things! :blush: I'm pleased you survived my thread and haven't yet billed me for your therapy o:) As to the laundry, at first I thought it was a drudgery filled bother and I couldn't get it to work :hushed: Possibly because I forgot to use a laundry basket or because there was an appliance-wide conspiracy against me, who knows? :* But I really enjoy the laundry items now, it makes a house seem more real and homely :)

P.S I know you need someone to blame ........ and when we all turn on ZeeGee I'm sure she'll understand o:)
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    @alphafen, Thanks for the compliments as well. I'll definitely let you know when the "completed" version of the house is done with the half finished basement, complete with laundry/utility room. Could you provide a link to your thread? I'd love to check it out. You might be just a little too mad for me, but I'll take my chances. Everyone should have at least a little madness in their life.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top