Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Beautiful Open Worlds!

I found this video showing Timelapse of Sims 3 worlds, and I started thinking "How could anyone say Sims 4 isn't a stop backwards from this?". I surely hope that TS5 worlds are an improvement of this. This video uses lighting tweaks, and it is so pretty.

I really love Bridgeport at 0:55 during the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS40xXypf20

Here is the link on to get your game to look like this: http://simscommunity.info/2016/03/23/how-to-improve-the-sims-3-graphics/

o:)<3
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    i mean to be fair, the video is showcasing a graphic enhancement mod (◡‿◡✿)
    i get what you mean though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    i mean to be fair, the video is showcasing a graphic enhancement mod (◡‿◡✿)
    i get what you mean though

I know. I mentioned it (I thought) that it is using "tweaks". But imagine how the game could look now if EA had stayed on this path? I hope TS5 looks even better than this! <3
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Sometimes I love to just go exploring in whatever world I'm playing while my sim sleeps at night. Sometimes you catch sims doing really strange things!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I was so happy to find a fix for jagged shadows last year. I first noticed it in 2015 and it had bugged me ever since... I prefer to play with lighting mods but the game is still beautiful without any mods.
    Some screenshots I took without mods or any editing which is so rare for me. :D
    33329701656_74576cd99b_o.png
    32987729520_88679f8a3f_o.png

@jaletu2005 Agreed! Like a couple of sims enjoying their beach day even though it's raining and overcast.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    Love the photos @Simasaurus09 . No mods and still looks good. <3

I do feel these mods really show TS3 potential. Which is why I love the mods.
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited May 2017
    Great video and pics! I love the open world and it's one of the things that keeps me coming back to Sims 3. I don't use lighting mods (yet) to enhance my worlds. I'm kinda up in the air about it because the game doesn't really need it. :)
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

jaletu2005 wrote: »
    Sometimes I love to just go exploring in whatever world I'm playing while my sim sleeps at night. Sometimes you catch sims doing really strange things!

I do the same! B)
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    All the beautiful open world screen shots you want are in this thread:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/802147/i-still-love-scenery/p1

I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    My issue with lighting mods is that they always look TOO dark at night.
  • VromanceVromance Posts: 72 Member
    I do agree, it is nice but yet again it's another "matter of taste" ... what's backwards for you could be forward for someone else. Just how it is. This doesn't just apply to the sims but many things in life. :S
    tumblr_oalut1nqGt1vzdforo4_r1_500.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Vromance wrote: »
    I do agree, it is nice but yet again it's another "matter of taste" ... what's backwards for you could be forward for someone else. Just how it is. This doesn't just apply to the sims but many things in life. :S
    Welcome to the forums. While you are of course correct, I really don't think one should be surprised to find a stronger fan base with tastes running more towards TS3 on this side of the place. This is, after all, a TS3 message board and in fact the main one here where TS3 players tend to congregate and share.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'm real easy on the lighting mods (I don't need it to be too overwhelming myself) but the one I have (@brntwaffles ) rather makes nights a bit brighter than darker. And it gets dark later, not at 6:00 pm, which I love as well.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    I'm real easy on the lighting mods (I don't need it to be too overwhelming myself) but the one I have (@brntwaffles ) rather makes nights a bit brighter than darker. And it gets dark later, not at 6:00 pm, which I love as well.

Yes, it does depend on which lighting mods you are using. I think those lighting mods that have darker nights are based on dDefinder's balanced or darker lighting tweaks. I'm currently using a combination of lighting tweaks but my night skies are too blue and too bright. Maybe when I learn a bit more I'll be able to fix that.
    Screenshot-109sm_zpsavqurwpb.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @cwaddell Must say that on picture it looks beautiful!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @cwaddell Must say that on picture it looks beautiful!

Thank you.
  • JuudiaJuudia Posts: 23 Member
    Bridgeport's my favourite, i' like to take mattiew hamming and make him raise a familly
  • Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    I personally love it that my game is pitch black at night except for wherever i place lights. I prefer playing in rural towns than in cities so it being so dark is more realistic for me. It also makes for very pretty screenshots like this one. It's not edited. My game looks exactly like that:

TS3_2017-08-01_22-11-06-44.jpg

• GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited August 2017
    Oh look, a thread I haven't posted these in yet.

PslrBTP.jpg
    Lm2DCCj.jpg
    lbjbPeV.jpg
    kOgqdeb.png
    xnZaUo4.jpg
    Y8f5YjI.jpg
    (4K-ness may vary.)

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    One day you'll see what happens when I reverse engineer the game and start revamping the entire shader model. TS4 will look like a mobile game, I tell you!

Oh, wait...it already does.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Fireheart2010Fireheart2010 Posts: 148 Member
    I personally do not like premade worlds but if I had to chose one, I have to pick Appaloosa Plains. It has the lovely fall colors and it's small & cozy but not too small that it's cramped and plus how can anyone resist all of the animals!
    peace_love_adopt_rectangular_sticker-r4646840974ac43558d16db15cbd53fcb_v9wxo_8byvr_307.jpg?rvtype=content

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Namaya92 wrote: »
    I personally love it that my game is pitch black at night except for wherever i place lights. I prefer playing in rural towns than in cities so it being so dark is more realistic for me. It also makes for very pretty screenshots like this one. It's not edited. My game looks exactly like that:

TS3_2017-08-01_22-11-06-44.jpg

I use lighting mod that does that, I love playing rural as well.

22135565_324392541303654_2518309921728071156_o.jpg?oh=e800a6fbfb2ee7d40734fd5578ff34af&oe=5A801FF0
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    You know....I don't use any graphic or lighting mods for my Sims 3 game ( I use other mods though), and the worlds are just as beautiful as that video. I agree, S4 took a major step backwards. I'm very happy with S3, and can only hope that someone like Colossal Order / Paradox would be willing to create an an entirely new Sims game that would be competitive with EA/Maxis... and make us a game that rivals all the others. They couldn't call it the Sims, but you see what they did with City Skylines (SimsCity 2013 can't compare).... Imagine what they could do for The Sims. but I digress....

Sims 3 still outshines 4 any day of the week. And with some mods from NRaas.... the game functions beautifully.
  • SinER6nSinER6n Posts: 1 New Member
    That timelapse is awesome. And loving the view Springfairy :D
  • schreckserschreckser Posts: 2 New Member
    did anyone know how i can dowload Lunar Lakes with dirt roads? world creator makes me sick and wanna play Lunar Lakes in the beginning.The streets and the fountain are to modern,i lke it more earthy :/
    or head anyone a heart and can make me a dirt roads post fountainless version of lunar lakes?
    hopefull greetz from germany <3