Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIFT OF CREATION GAME *UPDATE!!*

Comments

• Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited September 2017
    @funkeeferret I love it. Can't install it right now because I'm playing a game with only seasons, pets and supernatural, but I've downloaded it to a folder I keep stuff in for later installation.

And it never occurred to me to just link over to my Imgur page to show extra pics instead of putting them all here.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    Here is a link to the photo of the house I used for inspiration for the Eclipse house. Funny how it just grew and grew, lol.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6a/36/0c/6a360ce1b2691071e2dcd03f0e8001bb.jpg
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @funkeeferret Your house is gorgeous! And I love how you showed it in different seasons. Beautiful. :) Rec'd. And thank you for participating.

Thank you, ZeeGee. I was telling Jude525 how I saw TS3 snow for the very first time while building the Eclipse house. It was beautiful! I was in awe. While we have had TS3 for maybe six years, Seasons was a more recent purchase... over a month ago. I didn't want to think about any type of snow at all, lol, so I was avoiding it in the game .. but this was just so very pretty... like a picture postcard!
    Jude525 wrote: »
    @funkeeferret I love it. Can't install it right now because I'm playing a game with only seasons, pets and supernatural, but I've downloaded it to a folder I keep stuff in for later installation.

And it never occurred to me to just link over to my Imgur page to show extra pics instead of putting them all here.

Thanks, Jude525. You know for the most part, I tried to keep the house base game. I don't even know which pieces I used that were from the other packs. If it hadn't been for all the computer/game problems I was/still am having, I would have been better able to keep track.

Yes, I was viewing another thread that was photo heavy and the page kept jumping due to all the photos, so I thought maybe I can avoid that from happening by linking the rest of the pics since they're all in the same album. I must try the spoiler option some time too.

The spoiler option is wicked easy to use. You can do it manually by simply typing [spoiler#] at the beginning and [/spoiler#] at the end of what you want to hide. Omitting the #s I put in to prevent the text from functioning as it should.

As for limiting which expansions are in a creation, there is a great tool here called, simply, Sim Game Selector 3.0. It lets you turn your expansions on and off if your are running a disc installation. If you are running through the Launcher under Origin this feature is already there. I don't know if anything similar exists if you are running under Steam. If I wanted to I could easily switch everything on and install the house. Then switch back to my current settings to play my current game. I could even then install the house from the bin into my current game, accepting the substitutes the game made for that town's version, while leaving your version alone for future placement. It's a versatile tool. And it isn't really a mod. Although I can't say how it does work. Something to do with editing the string that tells the base game what EPs/SPs to look for when booting. But after that the game runs unaltered.

Just now I looked into the ReadMe file to see where I'd gotten it and noticed in the instructions (who reads those, right?) that you can right click on any EP icon and the game will start with only that EP running. That wouldn't work much for me other than requested builds. I couldn't give up my SPs.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Thanks for explaining the spoiler, Jude. That will come in handy.
    Good to know about the Sim Game Selector. I have never used Steam, just discs and origin. I had no idea you could turn things off like that.

I will say that I struggled with the interior of that house. It was the stairs competing with the kitchen for space. I changed the layout in that area so many times. Lesson learned - have a better idea of where the stairs will go, then build around them instead of trying to squeeze them in lol.
    edited September 2017
    I totally agree about the stairs. Stairs are a major limiting factor in compact buildings. I tend to use spiral stairs a lot in smaller builds, as long as they fit the aesthetic. My biggest problem with spirals is the unfinished look at the top. Half walls work, but are clunky. There are some beautiful round railings available as CC though. I've used them often in personal builds before I started this whole sharing thing.

Actually, I'm curious to see how I start managing CC. I'm getting antsy to start using it again. There are just so many beautiful things available. Especially accent pieces (decor.) The plan right now is to try the folder swapping process ZeeGee has used in the past. I will also be using specific "clean" worlds for shared builds so that CC is less likely to sneak into stuff.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• EnvyfanEnvyfan Posts: 142 Member
    > @FairyGodMother said:
    > @Envyfan I have downloaded and recommended your build! Love it! I have it already placed in my Sunset Valley <3 I even reinstalled my pets pack and have all the builds made for me in Appaloosa Plains. Your house also looks great there. I will have pics later for everyone to see!

I'm so glad you like it!!!
    I totally agree about the stairs. Stairs are a major limiting factor in compact buildings. I tend to use spiral stairs a lot in smaller builds, as long as they fit the aesthetic. My biggest problem with spirals is the unfinished look at the top. Half walls work, but are clunky. There are some beautiful round railings available as CC though. I've used them often in personal builds before I started this whole sharing thing.

Actually, I'm curious to see how I start managing CC. I'm getting antsy to start using it again. There are just so many beautiful things available. Especially accent pieces (decor.) The plan right now is to try the folder swapping process ZeeGee has used in the past. I will also be using specific "clean" worlds for shared builds so that CC is less likely to sneak into stuff.

Yes, those spiral staircases would save some space. I haven't tried them yet. I know. Really late to the party here.

I haven't been looking at all the CC out there, so I have avoided that temptation, but gee, to be using the same little decor things, like the paper towels, tissue, and toilet paper, over and over does get old. Now don't tempt me, Jude.
    Anyhow, I can't do anything yet, not with this computer.

I like the idea about a clean world for shared builds.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    The plan right now is to try the folder swapping process ZeeGee has used in the past. I will also be using specific "clean" worlds for shared builds so that CC is less likely to sneak into stuff.

That's my favorite way to do it. That way there is no way cc can sneak in!

Okay PEEPS! We're getting close! About 27 hours before the next draw!! Still time to get an entry in!
  • Pinkiesweets4Pinkiesweets4 Posts: 16 Member
    I don't create much but I would buy stuff from the store like a bundle or a whole set I want. Do I need to create a wishlist?
    @Pinkiesweets4 Welcome to the thread and to the forum! Are you asking if you can post a creation wishlist with items that you want created for you by other simmers? If so, the answer is sure. :)
    Counting down! Seven hours left to get your entries in! Winner will be announced tomorrow evening.
    Creation Wishlist Wants:
    1. Zebra bedroom set
    2. A children's playroom
    3. Zebra nursery set and playpen
    4. A house that is 4 bedroom 4.5 bathroom with a garage
    EPs:all of them
    SPs:I have master suites movie and a couple more
    EA Sims 3 Worlds: lucky palms and a couple more
    EA Sims 3 Store Content: I have a lot
    Origin Exclusives: I think none
    Bundle Exclusives: I'm not sure
    Special Requests/Instructions:I least want a crib also in zebra print
    What are your favorite themes?zebra print
    What are your favorite Colors?pink and blue
    What are your dislikes?none I can think of

Concept & Ideas Wishlist: Include this if you would like:
    What are your favorite things to Create? I like creating houses
    What inspires your Creations? (i.e. Pictures, Books, Magazines, Graphic Novels, Television Shows, Movies, Anime, Manga, Real Life, Fantasy, etc.) I have problems in rl and this helps my mind
    How can we offer our assistance in your creations? (i.e. Posting pics; answering questions related to a particular topic, place, time period, etc.; Videos; etc.) I want to learn how to build a garage with a foundation home
    What are your favorite themes?zebra print flowers designs
    What are your favorite Colors? Pink and blue
    What are your dislikes? Can't think of anything
    What are the things you most would like to bounce ideas off of? Children's bedrooms or a homey home
    Yippee! We have another creation wishlist! And a girl after my own heart too, pink and zebra!

I’m on my iPad and away from home so can’t link right now. I’ll fix that tomorrow night!
    It’s that time again! I wrote the names of the four entries on paper, wadded them up, tossed them around behind my back, and put them in order, 1, 2, 3, and 4. Can someone please pick us a winner? Just post a number! 1-4!
    I vote for number 3
    We have a winner! For the month of September, the winner is...... @funkeeferret takes the prize again!

Entries in order were:
    1. Jude
    2. Envyfan
    3. Funkeeferret
    4. Funkeeferret

So funkeeferret please post 1500 SP worth of items for @FairyGodMother to gift you!

And this month, we have consolation prizes of 100 SP for @Jude525 and @Envyfan! Cause your entries are sooo much appreciated.
    Oh my gosh! Thank you!!! I'm thrilled to have won. What a terrific surprise! Yippie! I will return with my choices. :) Oh what fun!
    Since I own the store, I'd like to gift my points to @envyfan. Thanks so much, and congrats to @funkyferret. Hmmm, what to create next?
    aka Jude

My Studio

edited October 2017
    @pinkiesweet4, Welcome! Could you please be more precise about which SPs and worlds you own so that we know what content we have to work with when creating for you? Thanks. Also, based on your requests, do you own any of the store childrens'/baby's room sets? For the same reason.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 I own master suites and movies one and I have lucky palms, aurora skies riverview and sunlit tides. I own all the nursery sets except for the changing table and the walker. I own the kids 2010 complation
    @Pinkiesweets4 Thanks. Also, I was wondering; do you know how to use the Blueprints feature when building? If so I could create an individual nursery that you could install into any house you build or move into. For that matter, if you've never used it, I could teach you how. I've only used it to play with because the game only has a handful of pre-built rooms, but I've just learned that custom rooms can be saved this way.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @funkeeferret Congrats for winning again! Just let me know what you want and I will gift you <3

@Jude525 I have used the blue prints before
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @ZeeGee I would like to change my creative list wish to a new one. How do I do that? Do I edit my old one?
    @Pinkiesweets4 That's cool. I'm gonna try to get it to work today. My first attempt just now failed. I'm gonna watch a vid on YouTube to see if I've missed something.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top