March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who's your favorite family and why?

I was just wondering: what's your favourite sim family and why?

I keep realising how much I love my current family (and how long I've already been playing these sims and their parents and soon their kids). I've rarely waited until my sims' birthdays to age them up, since I tend to play on long life span and am often too impatient to wait. But this bunch, I don't know. I just love watching them you know? And I've spent so much time developing their skills & stories and lives, they've got lifelong friends, thx to parenthood "real" relationships with their families, the kids spend time at their grandparents' place (heck I still love playing the grandparents as well, cause it all started with them & they're so effin adorable). Do you sometimes have this too? That you like one particular family so ridoncolously much & want to spend much more time watching them do the most boring, minute things together (and apart)? And why, why that one (or those few) families and not the others?

If I get around to it I'll try sharing some pictures, but I have to think about it or I'll just flood you with random screenshots cause to me they're all adorable :D

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2017
    My favorite family is one of the ones I"m currently playing. I can't share any pictures, because the computer I'm playing it on is not connected to the internet. But in this game I created a sim by the name of Leanna Swanson, and I went for a typical normal mom look about her, just an average looking woman. She started out single, but met Caleb Vatore when he came to welcome her to the neighborhood. Eventually they got married and had 6 children (two sets are twins). Half of the kids were born human, while the other half are vampire. Much later, but before she aged up to being an Adult, she asked her husband to turn her, and later on one of her human sons (one of the twins) asked his mom to turn him as well.

The eldest son moved out, got married, and had twins. I believe twins run in this family. lol The next eldest (the twins) moved out once they became a young adult, and moved in across the street to live with their aunt Lilith. The last three kids are still teens.

Two of the boys love to curse way too much, and so far the three eldest sons are all mamma's boys. It actually says that in the relationship pannel. lol

As I mentioned earlier, there are two grand babies, and every other weekend they come to stay with grandma and grandpa. And all the kids who have moved out, come over quite often to visit. Plus I have it set up with the clubs, and have huge family reunions pretty regular as well.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have been playing the same Sim since October of 2014. Shinya is so much fun to play He has a ton of baggage and drama just seems to follow him. I was having a blast with him meeting someone and put them though such torment until they broke up with him. Then Get together came along and he met Candy. They have been together ever since. She is the ONLY one who hasn't left him. No matter how many time she caught him cheating, she never broke up with him. At one point Shinya had the whim to marry Candy but have Reeve move in...LOL That was so fun to play out.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @LaBlue0314 your family sounds lovely and fun to play! I love the little parenthood descriptions in the relationship panel :D my current main couple from the family I'm playing are also two momma's kids ^^ so how do you do it with the clubs, do you just have two meet up at once to create one giant one? Cause I might do that (in an older family I had a club with Grandma and Grandpa and all the grandkids ^^)

@GoddessSims I've seen your sim around and like him very much! How did it end when Reeve moved in? :D
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I get ridiculously attached to any family I created if I play them long enough.
    On top of my head though, my two biggest families are the Singh Baker and the Fontaine, I played both for quite a long time now and it's the grandkids or the grandkids' children.
    It would be too long to tell their story but the Singh Baker started as an Indian and an American roommate, then each having their own family but still living in the same household
    Fontaine is a family I created when toddlers were added into the game, a single woman who married her boss and raise up in the social class, but things get rough after they die and the family loose a lot of money
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    I play the same Sims since September 2014. 3 Sims form the gallery and 1 Sim that I have created on my own. Its all about a complicated love sotry ;)
    Since January 2014 I also play the Vatore family. Big drama in FH >:)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    edited September 2017
    @SimTrippy Reeve didn't. He caught Shinya with Caleb and broke up with him. Guess Reeve could share him with a women, but not another man. Candy must not put up with vampires because Caleb was the one that really bothered her. She broke up with him briefly. They got back together not long after Caleb's death when she called to offer her condolences.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
    Lol @GoddessSims well you gotta have some limits I suppose :D glad they managed to work it out. So they're still a thing right? But Candy is definitely one of the coolest premades and one of the few I sometimes include in my stories (same with Salim I think he's so fun to look at)
  • KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited September 2017
    Recently I been reading Choices: Royal Romance Book 1 and so far I'm loving the story and so I decided to start a brand new save with all the characters in it and continue the story. So far prince Liam is married to my sim (they are my fave as you can see them on my avi) they are also expecting their first baby. Liam's best friend Drake is now married to Hana while Leo (Liam's older brother) is married to Savannah (Drake's younger sister). They just release Choices: Royal Romance Book 2 last week and I don't know what they have plan for their story and their ending but at least on my game of TS4 I can be more in control of the outcome :)
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Lol @GoddessSims well you gotta have some limits I suppose :D glad they managed to work it out. So they're still a thing right? But Candy is definitely one of the coolest premades and one of the few I sometimes include in my stories (same with Salim I think he's so fun to look at)

Yes they, they are married with kids now but their relationship is still rocky.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I absolutely understand :)

My favorite family by far is the Frost family. I started my current save back when GT came out with the Fowler household, and soon came across a random townie known as Tory Frost. He was a bartender at a local Windenburg bar, and one of my Sims from the Fowler family eventually married him.
    Because of him becoming my absolute favorite Sim ever, I've grown rather attached to the family that's grown as a result of his existence. Today, his branch has resulted in 4 kids and so far 10 grandchildren, with 2 more on the way! :)

Now, I couldn't leave without sharing some screenshots of my adored family, but I'll "try" not to be overwhelming :D :
    The Happy Couple
    Tory and his wife, Addison (Fowler).
    AU372Gq.png
    And again, with their firstborn grandchild.
    IboJG98.png
    Their Children
    Oldest son, Toby (left) with his husband, Jay.
    S2rvm7P.png
    The twins, Madison (left) and Nicole (right) when they were teens.
    kJTP6iC.png
    Their youngest son, Austin.
    XDpvCFt.png
    Their Grandchildren
    Toby's kids, named after his parents, Toby and Addison.
    4osMQuB.pngLAcCtnF.png
    Madison's twin sons, Michael and Austin, and then her daughter, Nicoletta.
    YHrlQpc.png9wQBHKb.png
    Nicole and her wife, Carmen, at the birth of their son, Riley.
    f3dVNrf.png

(...I spent more time sorting through my thousands of screenshots for this save, than I did typing out this post.)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    I thought about it but it's hard to say, I still miss a couple families that I lost when I thought they were uploaded after two old computers died on me. I guess my legacy family for the moment I've played with them for a while I was so excited to see that I remembered to upload gen 1 now that they are long gone.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited September 2017
    My favorite family was my Burrows family. They've since passed away and the line ended due to an unfortunate glitch that caused their whole house to burn down (The flames were not extinguishable for some reason?) And my pc has two users sometimes (my husband is a chronic pc cleaner-outer :/) and the photos taken are gone so they'll forever be lost. They were my first family of San Myshuno and the founders were two of my favorite sims ever. (except for my insane vampire lady from sims 2 1 that loved to play submarine in the empty bathtub) They will be missed.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    edited September 2017
    Alright, so here are the pictures. To spare those who don't care the boredom (I get it, we're all more attached to our own sims than anyone else's haha), I have decided to put the entire background story of the original families everything in spoilers lol. I admit, seeing the length of this post, I must have gone a little insane writing, but again, I LOVE this family - and also, I just can't bring myself to delete any of it after spending so much time writing this. So, sorry in advance for the massive amount of text & images & I hope the spoilers help.

In short: I call this save "The Windenburgs" and it's really about the families that live on the WB island & how their community has grown over time. There are 3 original families: Kaczynski, Everdeen & Cameroon. And then there's the family I currently love playing with so, so much, the Kaczynski-Everdeen household (below) <3

Family 1: The Kaczynskis aka the middle class family
    This family is actually the "social hub" of all my other families (including the Bjergsens which are good friends with the Kaczynskis too, but I haven't played them much myself, even if they were at most big events). First, it was just Elias, his wife Kate & their daughter Anya. Elias is a doctor & Kate a stay-at-home mom. She's tried a career once, but she prefers developing her skills at home & taking care of her kids. Elias works very hard to become a top class surgeon & an excellent dad. Later on, when Anya was older, they had two more kids: first David & later Dominique. David and Anya got along moderately well, but Anya and Dominique have never gotten along. They've always disliked each other and are now enemies. They moved to a new home when Anya aged into a teen as they found their old one a little too small. This was later bought by the Everdeen family.
    Pictures of Elias and Kate:
    RVWer1R.png
    eLxzzGx.png
    PSDTyYd.png
    6wDzeCZ.png
    Now, not too far away from becoming elders
    zEdxl6z.png
    sETTADH.png
    Elias taken away by aliens
    p2ZbNEA.png
    Pictures of Anya, Dominique & David growing up
    Early years
    Anya
    jBtCOyY.png
    Dominique
    mT6r4Bk.png
    David
    3DEOpwA.png
    Anya & David (shortly after David's birthday)
    h1BXR2D.png
    The family minus Elias (shortly after Anya's birthday - second house)
    5ciWjgi.png
    Anya & Dominique not getting along as always
    dT4MzWB.png
    Later years
    Dominique now
    Pn3zZmw.png
    David now (yes, he got his childhood friend Cosima Cameroon - see below - pregnant :D she's the girl next to him)
    DJ96b3J.png
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Family 2: The Cameroons aka the upper class family
    Cue family two. The Cameroons bought the biggest plot of land they could find to plop down a ridiculously large house on. How exactly James Cameroon made all this money is a mystery. He's never told anyone and he also never seemed to be particularly business-savvy. The rumour on the island of Windenburg is that he's the son of a rich and powerful man, but villagers make up all kinds of stuff. James married his beautiful wife Samantha right before they moved to WB. And for a long time the Cameroons had no children, only tons of money. At some point, and partly by accident, they had a daughter, Cosima, and an even longer while later a son, Cornell. But Cosima spent most of her toddler-and childhood growing up alone with relatively aloof parents. Fortunately, she got along well with the neighbours' kids David & Dominique. Dominique's been her best friend ever since. The Cameroons also have a butler who's considered an integral member of their family (and honestly, this is the luckiest butler in the world. She's got almost an entire apartment to herself in the bottom corner of the house). Cosima is now a teen and (again thx to MCC) just had David's (yes, the neighbour David's) baby. But she's a genius with little empathy & I'm not sure yet if they'll last.
    Pictures of James and Samantha - and their house:
    i1dGuSL.png
    eH9UstK.png
    3UL72FO.png
    Pictures of Cosima & Cameroon growing up:
    Cosima
    qozepfw.png
    UKUSQmE.png
    DUczlSp.png
    LInuaZC.png
    GKHK6W3.png
    Cosima with David and/or Dominique
    nn5qNeU.png
    4k2NoID.png
    Cameroon
    XWfI8GM.png
    gs2wAKI.png
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Family 3: The Everdeens aka the slightly struggling family
    The Everdeens bought the Kaczynski's old home after the latter had moved in to the house next doors. It was the perfect size for single working mom Eleanor Everdeen & her three kids Hank (a teen) & the twin toddlers Jace & Charlotte. Her husband left her and the kids for another woman. Eleanor decided to make a clean break, moved to a new neighbourhood & got a job in the business career. Hank was co-responsible of taking care of the kids after school, unless he was at his part time job. On the weekends he'd volunteer & paint, because Hank had always wanted to become a fantastic painter. He's already had high painting skill before even starting his job. He immediately fell in love with the new neighbourhood, and especially with the girl next door ... Anya :)
    Whole family:
    xaLO87U.png
    Hank
    oKHe2Qs.png
    b4NSbse.png
    jaf1dDz.png
    Mostly Jace & Charlotte
    TLlMUbK.png
    8mwbteG.png
    nG8u8Jn.png
    Z07gI1Z.png
    oblocoL.png
    Family 4: The Everdeen-Kaczynski family aka the best family ever
    So Anya Kaczynski & Hank Everdeen got together when they were teens ... it was adorable to watch them kiss for the first time. They exchanged their promise rings early on and moved in together as soon as they aged up into adults. They had the best apartment where they got to know their then neighbour & now best family friend Salim (who MCC married off to some dude, they're a cute couple). Anya and Hank have already done so much together. Their interests, hobbies and character values are very much aligned. They love to travel, the arts, music, and spending time with their families (see above :)). They were and always will be best friends. They have twins now, two girls: Beth & Helena. Beth is creative just like her dad, Helena talkative and gregarious like her mom. But it took them a very, very, very long time of living together before they got married, and a bit longer for them to decide to have kids (which took 4 tries, as it was tough getting Anya pregnant). Anya's dream, eventually, is to become a vet. Unlike Hank she's always been searching for her true purpose in life (she was in business first, hated it, then critic and got pretty far but hates that too now as it hasn't got enough soul for her gentle nature, and now she's trying to be a scientist). Hank is patron of the arts, regularly gets raises, owns his own art studio and is an all-round amazing painter & mentor. He hopes for Beth to follow in his footsteps. Anya doesn't know it yet but when they move to BB, she'll remember how she used to dream of being a vet. She'll be the one to (hopefully) start up the vet clinic (even if she might be an elder then haha), which Helena will help out in and eventually take over completely to run it as her own. This family will become the best & most trusted vet family in town. And they'll always be the beautiful, creative little souls they are now .. :)
    Pictures ... in somewhat chronological order :):
    Anya & Hank as teens
    6dwqXIt.png
    b4NSbse.png
    kgWtFoJ.png
    Anya's & Hank's first kiss
    1dY6SXu.png
    Their life together before marriage
    Xn9mkZY.png
    IRijHFm.png
    HceYmyd.png
    ex0WKFs.png
    tw4v5XE.png
    uWYTOSt.png
    Zifprp7.png
    bj6R3Pa.png
    S34mCOH.png
    pqp9cqX.png
    N0VImE8.png
    Xh3Uw5L.png
    ozM3QaO.png
    pDQXazM.png
    GUeAzf2.png
    TxIEsBb.png
    bVKAAX0.png
    1X4z4uG.png
    tOJr5d5.png
    wd40AiL.png
    WbEw2QC.png
    J6JOaNX.png
    Q3LBFPu.png
    x3VXhV6.png
    VdEj65m.png
    Proposal & wedding:)
    dPIJVms.png
    xlSkjLj.png
    daha7ws.png
    QVI53UH.png
    Life with the twin girls, Beth & Helena
    3eCm7dB.png
    2RbvIEs.png
    8ixo14E.png
    9UXgEO5.png
    G3msRpi.png
    a694by9.png
    PrPssFt.png
    Hr9YYni.png
    jMZvXLx.png
    HeXL9Zm.png
    ZhZm176.png
    CDgJeyE.png
    8PSblH7.png
    f7lW6SH.png
    Y7ezLUT.png
    ker3mNp.png

Note to self: never ever use this many spoilers again, it's a pain to edit. But, I think I'm finally done ;)
    IRijHFm.png
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
    I thought about it but it's hard to say, I still miss a couple families that I lost when I thought they were uploaded after two old computers died on me. I guess my legacy family for the moment I've played with them for a while I was so excited to see that I remembered to upload gen 1 now that they are long gone.

Aw that is so sad you lost them :( I hope your current legacy is just as much fun, or at least that it will be!
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    My favorite was the a family with the Sim in my profile pic and her single mom. They ran away from the abusive dad and started in Willow Creek with nothing. She was a really wild and rebellious teen which drove her mother, who was trying to become the first female President absolutely crazy. She lived in the White House for awhile and when her mom's term was over she decided she had enough of the spotlight. She had a school for artist prodigies where they would come and paint incredible works of art. She promised them their paintings would be sold in a gallery but the night before the opening, she disappeared without a trace along with hundreds of thousands of dollars in art.
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    My favorite was the a family with the Sim in my profile pic and her single mom. They ran away from the abusive dad and started in Willow Creek with nothing. She was a really wild and rebellious teen which drove her mother, who was trying to become the first female President absolutely crazy. She lived in the White House for awhile and when her mom's term was over she decided she had enough of the spotlight. She had a school for artist prodigies where they would come and paint incredible works of art. She promised them their paintings would be sold in a gallery but the night before the opening, she disappeared without a trace along with hundreds of thousands of dollars in art.

The White House sounds interesting! Is it one of your builds? And where did she eventually run off to? :S
    @SimTrippy yeah I'm over it but I remember them well enough, I did get pumped for gen 5's run of my current legacy they're fun too I also saw I uploaded quite a bit of the rest of the main family so I did better remembering this time. :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Gen 5 :( I've never actually made it to 5, only ever 4 even if I don't know why. So congratz to that! What lifespan do you use?
    I haven't either this computer is a bit better so it was nice to get there, I switch between normal and long and short when I separate the family and want them to age up without me.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    You should definitely share some pictures if you'd like. Love seeing other people's families :D
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @SimTrippy Nice pictures of your Sims and cute toddlers :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    edited September 2017
    The toddlers in this game are just too much :love::love: I could stare at them forever. I sometimes have to force myself not to make my sims have any more kids just cause I miss seeing them around (although honestly, Hank & Anya were so busy, they didn't really care for almost the entirety of their young adult lives :D)
    edited September 2017
    I'm in the same boat, I monitor my own culling so I don't seem to have too many sims then I can't resist having sims have more kids even if I don't play the house to raise them.
    Edit: that is quite a gang you have there I especially love all the pictures, I'm a story teller sort of player so when I get invested I get that way and I understand how easy it is to get attached to the sims. It's more fun that way though.

23544335518_46a006cc9a_b.jpg
    I've probably talked about this family too much but other peeps with legacies do it, though I love that cause it's nice to see others having fun, so whatever. The two red heads are the eldest of my gen 5 bunch, I don't know what it is but with the same cc and such I've had problems with this family and nothing with other saves so I've had to move them to new saves a couple times. Bad decisions is their general theme.

gen1 : raised five kids at first on a small lot with the only income of collectibles and stolen goods they ended with seven children.
    gen2: moved out the eldest and got her a townie roommate they got pregnant on their first night together.
    gen3: randomly got some red hair but I could picture maybe a hidden gene sort of thing and I kept it, she moved out with no money had a child with a guy she met outside her house, I made him for her but he was conveniently walking by when her house loaded. heh. She cheated on him with another guy who she married and had more kids with who had kids from also being the side sim to another situation lol. She only had one sibling and had...four or five herself I think I remember right.
    gen4: could have found love with a sim that I found was an alien, but she rejected him too often he cheated on her with a pair of roommates after he had a child and she had one, just cause. Then he broke up Bella and Mortimer and she helped him for a bit so they could have their own daughter. Then I killed her, as I also make bad decisions not just my sims.
    now back to the pic with Gen 5 the heiress there is going to get involved with two coworkers both darkly dressed guys there, and we'll see what happens.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I like families that can bring a lot of drama. I kind of create my own families from the premades.

1) With the help of cheats, Max and Luna's mom is now Bella Goth. Max, Luna, and half-brother Alexander are all vampires together. I like that family. Max got upset when he found out that his dad was living with a gold digger, Katrina Caliente and turned her daughter Dina, into a vampire. Dina is happily engaged to Alexander. So the 4 of them (max, dina, alexander and luna) live together in the vampire world.

2) Also, I recreated the Pleasant family, and Daniel Pleasant (a celebrity mixologist) now lives with his wife Nancy Landgraab.

Daniel's ex-wife had a child with Don Lothario as a rebound, after she found out that Daniel was with the maid, with Nancy, etc. Daniel had no where to go for a while, so he stayed with his ex, Mary-Sue, their twins, and Don's kid. Daniel thinks of Don's kid as his own. So now, Don's young adult kid, Daniel and Nancy all live together. And Nancy and Don's son are getting pretty close, if you know what I mean.

3) I also liked playing the Altos (sims 3) and Burbs (sims 2), so I recreated (or downloaded, can't remember) them in Sims 4.

4) I like that Bjorns family (I can't remember the last name) from Windenburg. Bjorn has a problem with getting girls pregnant on the day they turn young adults. He has quite a few random children roaming about. Not good, cause he's a politician. His public relations campaign manager is Eliza Pancakes who is in love with him and will do anything to keep everything quiet. But secretly hoping his perfect, loyal wife will find out and leave him so she can dump her hubby and run off with Bjorn.

@RedDestiny92 yeah they are quite a bunch :D And a lot to take care of. I wanted to play rotational but with a more precise goal as I usually tend to focus on mostly one single household and then maybe play rotational once they get kids. And then sooner or later I abandon it (usually at gen 4 lol), because their kids all start to look too much alike & I feel like I've given them all I could as a family :D So this time the goal was to tell a story of three families with relatively precise plans for all of them (like next to Anya & Hank who are obviously a huge focus in the story, Dominique will be a rather unattached programmer who I'll try to keep single for a very long time, maybe forever. She'll probably get a cat, Mr. Whiskers, who'll be her only real companion, Cosima will be low on empathy but brilliant an intelligent - she'll probably leave her kid with her parents to go explore her own life, without David, and so on - again, I'll spare you guys all the details haha). It's been fun!

I love your family too though! Your first gen sounds super fun! I should do that one day as well, have an entire family survive on no jobs, only collectibles (like, not even painting cause a good painter doesn't really need a job anyway if we're being honest :D although it helps cause on level 10, Hank's earning like 1600 - 1700 a day sooo haha). One thing that seems kinda cool too is that Vampey Legacy Challenge or something.

Too bad though for the missed alien romance though :( Do you have a lot of aliens in your game usually - or was it accidental?

@imhappy sound like a lot of fun! I've never given the premades much love :/ Except the Bjergsens (or Bjorn's family - I agree, they're lovely premades and they're always super nice to everyone as opposed to the Pancakes). Is Max this Max Villareal? Is he fun to play? I see him pop up a lot and he seems to be an interesting character, but I've never played him or had families interact with him much.