Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The easiest way to complete Fabulously Wealthy aspiration?

Hello, I'm trying to complete this without money cheat in game. I searched on internet, and found the painter is the best for making money.

But I have one more way to make money with vampire pack installed. Raise up the mixology skill up to 10, then study the vampire lore skill. And make 'Drought of Reconfiguration'. It requires each 2 garlics, wolfsbanes, and plasma fruits for ingredients. If you make it on level 1 at mixology, I noticed you can sell it for 1,000 simoleons but actually, the ingredients' price is also 1,000 simoleons too. But if you make it on level 10 at mixology, you can sell it for 6,000 simoleons. You will get 5,000 except for the ingredients' price. I completed this aspiration with this way but I'm still curious which one will be easier between painting and mixology? It's too boring to write books for me. :D

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2017
    the thing is that earning money by painting largely depends on luck. Sometimes you make a lot of valuable masterpieces back to back and then other times you make a lot of cheap ones. with the mixology method you described you earn the same amount every time, so it'd be more consistent.

However, if you have city living, using the wall to sell any expensive masterpieces you make at 300% markup can make painting extremely profitable.

if you have get together, some people swear by the infamous "painting clubs" where you get 8 sims together in a club, set the activity to paint, and take all the paintings for yourself to sell... I haven't really been sold on it, it seems slower than the methods I use when I want to make a sim rich quickly without cheating.

personally, the fastest way I've found to make money is by selling virtuoso violins at 100% markup in a retail store. Doing that I could make anywhere from 200-300k in a day of selling when the store is brand new, without any perks, and by the time the store has some good perks it's possible to make 500k-1m in a sim day if I try hard enough. The only thing is that it's much more involved than painting is, because you really have to interact with the customers to get them to buy them.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    the thing is that earning money by painting largely depends on luck. Sometimes you make a lot of valuable masterpieces back to back and then other times you make a lot of cheap ones. with the mixology method you described you earn the same amount every time, so it'd be more consistent.

However, if you have city living, using the wall to sell any expensive masterpieces you make at 300% markup can make painting extremely profitable.

if you have get together, some people swear by the infamous "painting clubs" where you get 8 sims together in a club, set the activity to paint, and take all the paintings for yourself to sell... I haven't really been sold on it, it seems slower than the methods I use when I want to make a sim rich quickly without cheating.

personally, the fastest way I've found to make money is by selling virtuoso violins at 100% markup in a retail store. Doing that I could make anywhere from 200-300k in a day of selling when the store is brand new, without any perks, and by the time the store has some good perks it's possible to make 500k-1m in a sim day if I try hard enough. The only thing is that it's much more involved than painting is, because you really have to interact with the customers to get them to buy them.

Yeah I have city living but my sims don't have any painting skill yet. Will the cheap painting be sold in a decent price at wall? Painting club is the good one but I feel like I'm stealing other sims' works, I feel a bit sorry for them, so I don't want to use other sims for making money. The last way you mentioned is that requires my sim has valuable money to buy a retail store lot, isn't it? Or is it possible to buy an empty lot for the retail store? The virtuoso violin is quite expensive in buy mode, Even my sim doesn't have money to buy one,. LOL I learned that Money calls more money playing the Sims 3 and 4. T,T
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    edited September 2017
    In all my game play, I found that:
    - Gardening gives you a lot of money.
    Literally my sims quit her job cause her gardening alone gave her more than thousand simoleons each time she would take the products and sell them.

- Writing books also gives you a good amount of money as long as you write regularly because the money you gain decrease with time.

- You can do painting for a living, in the painting career or by yourself, and you will have plenty of money after she's trained a little bit (also works for books, the value increase when you get better at writing, but the beginning is a little rough)

- Finally, the tech career is the career that pays the most (even at the beginning), so it is the easiest way in my opinion to win a good amount of money regularly, without having to constantly do gardening, painting, or writing.

Alternative way to win money is also looking into boxes on the street and sell what you get (if you have city living) or repairing stuff and selling what you get. But the prices would never be really high I suppose so that makes it hard to live off just that
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

nani wrote: »
    In all my game play, I found that:
    - Gardening gives you a lot of money.
    Literally my sims quit her job cause her gardening alone gave her more than thousand simoleons each time she would take the products and sell them.

- Writing books also gives you a good amount of money as long as you write regularly because the money you gain decrease with time.

- You can do painting for a living, in the painting career or by yourself, and you will have plenty of money after she's trained a little bit (also works for books, the value increase when you get better at writing, but the beginning is a little rough)
    - Finally, the tech career is the career that pays the most (even at the beginning), so it is the easiest way in my opinion to win a good amount of money regularly, without having to constantly do gardening, painting, or writing.

Alternative way to win money is also looking into boxes on the street and sell what you get (if you have city living) or repairing stuff and selling what you get. But the prices would never be really high I suppose so that makes it hard to live off just that

Yes the gardening was fantastic until october last year. My sims made tons of money through gardening but not any more. I feel sad about it. Do you mean that earning money through live streaming as a pro gamer in tech guru? My other sim completed programming and video game skill, but he can make just a few on computer because he is working for city living job.(I forgot the career name).

The last one sounds like collecting job, I can try this one. It will be a good try. :) Thanks.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Yes the gardening was fantastic until october last year. My sims made tons of money through gardening but not any more. I feel sad about it. Do you mean that earning money through live streaming as a pro gamer in tech guru? My other sim completed programming and video game skill, but he can make just a few on computer because he is working for city living job.(I forgot the career name).

The last one sounds like collecting job, I can try this one. It will be a good try. :) Thanks.

Um, there's nothing wrong in my game ?
    I made my gardener sims recently this year and she gained lots of money.

For tech, i mean the tech guru's salary. it's the highest paying job of sims, as far as i know. I don't know about live streaming since i did not do it much.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

nani wrote: »

Um, there's nothing wrong in my game ?
    I made my gardener sims recently this year and she gained lots of money.

For tech, i mean the tech guru's salary. it's the highest paying job of sims, as far as i know. I don't know about live streaming since i did not do it much.

Usually what plants do you grow and harvest? :) One UFO fruit was 6,000 simoleons before the patch in october. But now it costs only 100 per 1. For dragonfruit, it was very expensive like 1,000 up to 4,000 simoleons per 1. But after patch, it costs only under 100. I had earned over one million simoeons from gardening. :) But now I almost gave it up. That was what I meant. The gardening was the best job for earning money before the patch.

Ahh ok I understood about Tech career. thanks. :)

• Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    They fixed a bug in gardening that made perfect harvestables increase over time. If you harvested and held them instead of selling they would increase a lot. Now they reach a limit and stay there.

If I am looking to build wealth, I never have my Sims work. They can make more at home. I use a combo of collecting, gardening, and painting.

I find retail sale to not be all that useful unless you live on the lot and use the time it takes customers to decide to buy doing something else.

If you have CL you can sell paintings and collectables at 300% profit using the flea market tables. If you sell them in a retail store, your top limit is 200%. I do often buy a retail lot, but son't actually open the store. I use it as a second home and bank account so I can divide funds.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I do this aspiration quite often, it's my favorite. You can't beat the weekly interest. Free money is always good! I do gardening, painting, and writing to get that money rolling in. Definitely use the flea market tables if you have CL. I also don't like sending my sims to work and prefer to have them work from home by crafting or gardening and have them make money that way.
    edited September 2017
    They fixed a bug in gardening that made perfect harvestables increase over time. If you harvested and held them instead of selling they would increase a lot. Now they reach a limit and stay there.

If I am looking to build wealth, I never have my Sims work. They can make more at home. I use a combo of collecting, gardening, and painting.

I find retail sale to not be all that useful unless you live on the lot and use the time it takes customers to decide to buy doing something else.

If you have CL you can sell paintings and collectables at 300% profit using the flea market tables. If you sell them in a retail store, your top limit is 200%. I do often buy a retail lot, but son't actually open the store. I use it as a second home and bank account so I can divide funds.

Yes I loved that gardening bug! :smiley: D Yes I heard that it's really hard to earn money at the beginning of the retail store. That's great idea to have a retail lot as your second home like the sims 3. But writing is quite boring work for me :blush: I wish sims can make better food with ingredients from home garden like the sims 3 because I enjoy gardening more for making better foods than for making money in the sims 3.
    Finvola wrote: »
    I do this aspiration quite often, it's my favorite. You can't beat the weekly interest. Free money is always good! I do gardening, painting, and writing to get that money rolling in. Definitely use the flea market tables if you have CL. I also don't like sending my sims to work and prefer to have them work from home by crafting or gardening and have them make money that way.

Where is the flea market? Is it holding everyday?

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I think it's every other Sunday.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah I have city living but my sims don't have any painting skill yet. Will the cheap painting be sold in a decent price at wall? Painting club is the good one but I feel like I'm stealing other sims' works, I feel a bit sorry for them, so I don't want to use other sims for making money. The last way you mentioned is that requires my sim has valuable money to buy a retail store lot, isn't it? Or is it possible to buy an empty lot for the retail store? The virtuoso violin is quite expensive in buy mode, Even my sim doesn't have money to buy one,. LOL I learned that Money calls more money playing the Sims 3 and 4. T,T

I tend not to use the wall to sell cheap paintings, because it doesn't really feel like a proper payoff for the investment in the time it takes to sell them. You very well could do it anyway, though. A better way to make some start-up cash without needing any skills or anything would be to use the sales table and sell the $2k digital cameras from buy mode at 300% markup (You can't stock the table with them in-game but if you place them on top of the table in build mode then people will buy them when you start the yard sale.

For the retail store, you could buy any empty lot and just add a sales counter and a cash register and it'll work fine as a store. If you can't afford the violin, you could use the above method to get the cash for one. The thing about retail is that selling things at 100% is only really worth your time if what you're selling is incredibly expensive, and the violin is the most expensive thing from build mode that you can sell, as far as I know.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hello, I'm trying to complete this without money cheat in game. I searched on internet, and found the painter is the best for making money.

But I have one more way to make money with vampire pack installed. Raise up the mixology skill up to 10, then study the vampire lore skill. And make 'Drought of Reconfiguration'. It requires each 2 garlics, wolfsbanes, and plasma fruits for ingredients. If you make it on level 1 at mixology, I noticed you can sell it for 1,000 simoleons but actually, the ingredients' price is also 1,000 simoleons too. But if you make it on level 10 at mixology, you can sell it for 6,000 simoleons. You will get 5,000 except for the ingredients' price. I completed this aspiration with this way but I'm still curious which one will be easier between painting and mixology? It's too boring to write books for me. :D

You can use either one, but if you paint, sell them using the City Living display boards and mark up the price to 300%. Do the same with mixology; sell the drinks with the market table and mark up the price. Instead of 6,000 simoleons, you'll get 18,000.

I recently completed this aspiration with a sim that deals in shady merchandise. Using CC that was worth about 40,000 simoleons, I marked up the price and received 120,000 per sale. Might seem a bit cheaty, but I was impatient and this made completion a piece of cake.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I know, I know = use cheats - :wink:
    Finvola wrote: »
    I think it's every other Sunday.

Oh thanks very much.

I tend not to use the wall to sell cheap paintings, because it doesn't really feel like a proper payoff for the investment in the time it takes to sell them. You very well could do it anyway, though. A better way to make some start-up cash without needing any skills or anything would be to use the sales table and sell the $2k digital cameras from buy mode at 300% markup (You can't stock the table with them in-game but if you place them on top of the table in build mode then people will buy them when you start the yard sale.

For the retail store, you could buy any empty lot and just add a sales counter and a cash register and it'll work fine as a store. If you can't afford the violin, you could use the above method to get the cash for one. The thing about retail is that selling things at 100% is only really worth your time if what you're selling is incredibly expensive, and the violin is the most expensive thing from build mode that you can sell, as far as I know.

Yes I agree with you about selling the paintings. :) Oh..that's a good idea that selling digital camera on the sales table. :D I haven't opened any shop at all,so I think I can try this time. :) Thank you for the great tips :)
    edited September 2017
    IceyJ wrote: »

You can use either one, but if you paint, sell them using the City Living display boards and mark up the price to 300%. Do the same with mixology; sell the drinks with the market table and mark up the price. Instead of 6,000 simoleons, you'll get 18,000.

I recently completed this aspiration with a sim that deals in shady merchandise. Using CC that was worth about 40,000 simoleons, I marked up the price and received 120,000 per sale. Might seem a bit cheaty, but I was impatient and this made completion a piece of cake.

I love your ideas!! :D I can try without being cheaty way. :wink: Thank you!
    Oh is it available to sell food on market table as well?
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yep. You can sell food and harvestables, too.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Yep. You can sell food and harvestables, too.

Thanks!! He can sell his gourmet foods. :D

• gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

THIS! I didn't even know you could sell those, but I tried it and my sim was done in less than a SIM week, and less than two hours of play time.
  • love4bodymodlove4bodymod Posts: 1 New Member
    I came to this thread looking for help, and 2 min after I put my phone down, I stumbled onto the answer!
    My main character has a bunch of money, but that doesn't help with the "money earned" part of the aspiration for her grandkid.
    So what I did is had the grandkid open their own business while still a part of my household, and transferred money over to the business from the household funds. That's it!
    I only did that because I was going to build a business to sell some violins but as soon as I transferred the money from the household to the store the notification popped up letting me know that the grandkid had completed the aspiration!!!
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Career wise
    - Start up entrepreneur gives the most per hour ($516/hr)
    - Diamond agent gives the most per day (15 hours of work for $4,260 a day)
    - Interstellar Smuggler is lightly less per hr working compared to agent but it has one extra day of work so works out more per week.
    - Supposedly the military career (both dudes in black and cadet branch) give the most per week now with a total of $16880 a week.
    - base game most a week is a stylist followed by the interstellar smuggler

Outside of careers I've always ended up accidentally rich with gardening When I just wanted ingredients
    caitytrina.png
  • BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    As well as painting I've found that flower arranging (comes with Seasons) earns quite a bit as you level up. If you choose the gardening career after a certain level you can choose the floristry branch (you can work from home but I think you might need City Living?) so you can earn a wage alongside the money you earn from selling arrangements. I've not tried this myself but if you have Get to Work you can open a florist which apparently makes quite a bit of money.