Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many multiples

I feel like I get so many multiples. No flipping mods at the time until recently (I added the MC Center mod or whatever it's called) and when I added that I got triplets.... So does anyone know if this mod ups the chances for multiples or whatever? I just feel like I get them all the time with different sims, different saves, and whatever. Triplet toddlers for a single mom....oh boy....here we go!

Comments

• Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I don't think it ups the chances, but with MCCC you can change the number of babies for birth whenever you want. Just go into the pregnancy module and change offspring number to 1. No more multiples.
  • Options
    marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    I have no mods and l get twins all the time. I have gotten to the point where l make rooms for twins and am surprised when it's only one baby.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    By default I don’t believe the mod raises the chance for multiples. But I’m definitely in the same boat as you! Have been since even before downloading the mod, so I guess it just happens.
    My first set of natural twins in The Sims 4 came sometime last year, after playing since release... and ever since then, I’ve gotten so many twins. They won’t stop coming now.
    In one household that I play, I decided to have my Sim couple try for their last child. Their first pregnancy resulted in twin boys and their second just a single girl. This most recent pregnancy? Boy and girl twins! (Not to mention, their mother is actually a twin herself.)
    Triplets is something I haven’t yet experienced though.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes! I feel like I'm getting way more twins now than before. And I played with mods disabled for quite a while the last few weeks. Turned MCc back on now to populate the world a bit. The last two pregnancies were still twins..(before turning it back on)
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I hadn't gotten any unexpected multiples (as in no reward trait) until I got MC Command Center, but two out of five pregnancies in my current rotational file were twins (I edited one to be just the girl,) and a ton of unplayed couples had twins, usually boys. I set the max amount of babies per pregnancy/per sim to 2, so I don't know how many triplet sets I could have seen.
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I also feel like I get twins somewhat fairly regularly. I have a sim that is currently with child and I'm hoping it's not twins but there are two free spaces in the house so there is room for twins.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    Playing a young first gen couple in a fairly small apartment in San Myshuno. Decided to start on the next generation. No sooner did she get the positive pee test, the father got abducted by aliens and had mysterious tummy troubles. The mother went on to have natural twin girls, and the father had 'natural' mixed twins (boy and girl). I didn't have the heart to send them to Sixam, so now that household went from 2 to 6 in one fell swoop . . . . Definitely feeling the multiples pain lol.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol. And there's me hoping for multiple births and getting none. I even set my sims lot trait to being on a ley line and... nope, just a single baby!
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I've only had 1 set of twins so far. I'm a little bummed! Then again, maybe not - at this point in my dynasty file it would ruin everything to have multiples - there would be no room for the next gen.

In my "for fun" game, not a single set of multiples exist. Boo! Triplets sound fun and challenging :)
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Yes.. i'm getting a lot of them. My first generation sim had six kids. four of them were twins. They aged up and moved out..and so far Three of her six children have had kids of their own. ..TWO of them had a set of triplets and now the Heir that i'm playing just had twins. So multiples run in the family it seems
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I actually have a lot less multiples since I got MCCC because I have the opportunity to change them to singletons. But the game certainly generates a plum load of multiple pregnancies for me.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    juliekayejuliekaye Posts: 108 Member
    I'm dealing with the same.

My pregnancies so far (between 4 different households): Twins, triplets, twins, triplets, single, single, triplets.

I also have MCCC. But I've had it for some time and when I was last playing it seveal months ago, my game had always been single babies. It's just been in the last couple weeks that I've picked up the game again. I keep meaning to take the mod out and try again but just haven't yet.

No fertility traits of any kind. Different saves, too. I know I can adjust number of babies with the mod but I like having the chance be there for twins and such. But not nearly every one! Lol

I will say I'm getting better at dealing with so many toddlers the longer this goes on. They're all growing up with the happy toddler trait now! ;)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I mostly get single babies but multiples every now and then except for the last save ended up with triplets. 2 boys and a girl.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I started getting more multiples after toddlers were released. I think they upped the chance because tots can play together that way. It doesn't bother me. I usually roll with it because I tend to have mostly single moms with tons of accidental kids. Don't judge me lol. But sometimes I use MCCC to changed how many are being born, or cancel the pregnancy altogether.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2017
    No seriously it's a little much. My three last pregnancies all ended in twins. It's literally the first time ever I deleted a child just because I want this to be based on a random and realistically small chance, not an extremely high probability :(
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    I do get multiples a lot. A lot! Even got very unexpected quadruplets from a first time 1% risky woohoo, also using MCCC
  • Options
    butterflyxgirlbutterflyxgirl Posts: 427 Member
    I haven't gotten multiples in a long time. They are challenging, but recently, all of my sims pregnancies have been single children.
  • Options
    lisalittlesimmerlisalittlesimmer Posts: 404 Member
    If you use MC command center and raise the number of children npc households can have in their life, that also raises the chance of multiples. Apparently there's a lot more to this, I guess you could join the discord and askthere, somone is gonna be able to explain the details :)
    My lot showcase
    Origin ID: lisalittlesimmer
    K5IURhP.jpg
  • Options
    CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    Yeah, I'm dealing with this little problem. Every single pregnancy in my game lately it's been twins or triplets.

The last one, where triplets were born, the apartment was so small that the game sent one of the babies directly to my inventory and told me to find room for him before I could take the poor child home. I ended up selling the apartment and buying a small house in willow creek that I could afford and also acomodate everyone now that they are toddlers.
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Just got a set of twins again in a modless new save game. They are everywhere!
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Part of it could be a bug, although maybe not all in my opinion. Especially if you play a family that already had twins or triplets, I believe it has more chance of happening again.
    I'm just saying cause, when I play families that had twins or triplets in the past, they tend to have again. But the families that never had twins or triplets rarely do.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I have no MODS or CC and I get certain save files where I seem to get twins all the time, then I have others where I never see them. I have one neighborhood that I play rotationally - and 5 out of 8 families had twins :O....yet I haven't had any twins in the one save file I've been playing currently. Part of the randomness of the game that I love :)!
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Lol. And there's me hoping for multiple births and getting none. I even set my sims lot trait to being on a ley line and... nope, just a single baby!

When you have the lot trait do you have your sim have the baby on the lot or travel to the doctor? The mom need to stay on the lot and have the baby there for the trait to work.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Haven't noticed this in my game as I don't plan to have any pregnancies for a looong time, but I have a few let's plays I follow where the players have been getting twins and triplets all the time lately with no use of mods. Wonder if it's the next big bug or the last patch just modified something and they didn't mention it in the notes.
  • Options
    jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    I have MCC Command center and I had triplets! The other thing is when I went to age all of them up to teens, they kept doing this funky knee walk around like they were still toddlers!