Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @MsPrissy88: The Dempsey Pets are clean and CC free! :smiley: Very nice pets! You're certainly much better than I am at getting pet coats to look good. :)

Can't wait to see your build; the teasers are interesting, and that inspiration pic was wow!

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    @MsPrissy88 ~ The Dempsey pets are adorable! One can never have too many pets in the game :)

@aricarai ~ Thank you :)
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    To all the eagle eyed who spotted Ava has no socks ;) Why on earth would you waste a good pair of socks on your feet!!? :worried:

@MsPrissy88 I'm gald you've finally got some you/sims time :) I love Montgomery's brilliant old time outfits and Maribelle is a lovely name, I've never heard it before! Your pet's are adorable and I can't wait to see your home (your sneak peaks are intriguing)

@ciane Looks like I really struck a chord with Ava's socks! I'd love to see your sock rainbow, it might inspire me to be more organized and stop using them as balled up weaponry B) I do have those zip bags my problem is when a matching pair of socks fade at different rates then they get unpaired and mixed up and the world slowly crumbles beneath my cold sock-less feet :bawling: Or I cope with it like an adult.....at least one of these statements is true :*

@tanubanue Lucky Palms is going to have a whole new leash of life! :D I never really used the venues there because they were soulless and dull and my attempts to redo them re-defined the word ugly :| My sims now have so many places to go! I can take them on dates somewhere other than Hogan's Diner! :o You've not just given me builds you've completely changed my game! Lucky Palms will literally not be the same and my sims lives will be much richer and their gene pool will be too, (which after my 15 babies by 15 fathers challenge, is much needed :p ). I really didn't expect so much, I cannot imagine what the final gift will be! Thank you! <3
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @djsdragongirl ~ This house could suit a family of vampires or witches as well as the fairy family you have calling it home! LOVE when a home is versatile and can be played in different ways. Also <3 the story wed you weaved ... missing sims ... a possible haunted house.

@Mystik1978 ~ One sim family's loss is another sim family's gain! Poor Adam. The master bedroom is my favorite, but the entire house is a wonderful mix of old and new furnishings decorated in a pleasing palette. So hard to come up with new comments as I said plenty when I saw bits and pieces of your WIP.

@Catdog123 ~ What an attractive and talented family of genies and witches! Aurora and Selene are purr-fect names for the family's feline companions.

@AlphaFen ~ Dodger and Dash are a delightful duo ... even when they're "accidentally" bedeviling sims while they picnic or helping "guard" belingings using the Dash patent pending method of diversion.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn ~ Country Market is marvelous! Purchase fresh produce to take home or use either the canning station or nectar maker to preserve, pickle or "get pickled". ;) Sims can also try their hand at archery or take advantage of the natural hot springs to relax aching muscles caused by trying to hit the bullseye. lol

@Bookworm742 ~ Land Ho! is lovely and Lucky Palms is lucky to have this beauty docked there. Gorgeous design that has plenty of room so sims don't feel cramped while moving about & going about their day.

@tanubanue ~ Jordan might be awkward, but he is a wonderful storyteller with this unique twist on "choose your own adventure"! Stay on the island if Jake and Kara move? Move with them? Stay together on the island? Will Jordan find someone and learn about expanding bond boundaries like his brother is doing? I hope so! Many choices means many hours of fun walking along all of these different paths.
    @AlphaFen ~ Petra Pietersen's personal preference for not touching anything green and icky made me chuckle! This spiffy starter reminds me that sims who live in glass houses can enjoy natural glory from many different views but must be careful or they will give neighbors many different views too. lol

This sim will turn heads with her pretty clothes and charmingly unique methods for architectural design. Few will discover her dilemma over the deep rotted desire for sorted socks and maybe there is a sim destined to help unravel this perpetual pile and earn a special spot in her heart ... perhaps by sharing their dresser that has multiple sock drawers.

@tanubanue ~ Terrific idea for taking a faux resort and turning it into a functioning one! The pool is a fun focal point but the other amenities will keep sims returning again and again.

@ciane ~ Life aboard the Sea Dog is filled to the brim with fun activities to keep a small sim crew entertained whether they are docked or out to sea.

@MoonandStars83 ~ The pictures of Dragon House sprinkled in various posts show a home decorated with cozy comfort in mind.

@Catdog123 ~ Cobalt Tranquility is a perfect name for this charming Victorian treasure! This home is perfect for the Emberwood family and will make other sims jealous!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn ~ Your two options for off-the-grid living will tempt many sims to try their hand at a simpler way of being one with nature! The statue spitting water into the pond made me smile and the unique building features ( I <3 hobbits and play one in Lord of the Rings Online) will definitely be getting a "close inspection" by some lucky sim or family. Might have to play a rotational-style game with both versions. :)
    @tanubanue ~ Your renovations for The Sandy Place and Wonderful Wells Community Gardens turn two lots from blah to ah! That odd assortment of roof decor makes one think that the lot might have been intended to be a second-hand store at some point or the owner showcased a collection that only made sense to them. LOL The Community Garden is better organized and more useful without that outdoor "stage" claiming valuable real estate.

@MsPrissy88 ~ LOVE when sims come with a story that gives you a feel for their personalities and sets a fun game in motion!

The pets are adorable and will add even more fun to the life of Montgomery & Maribelle.
    412877.gif
    A nice cup of hot tea does sound good :)

All gifts are updated on the front page and have cleared custard-checking. Yay!
    There have been 36 wonderful gifts created by truly talented Buddies and there might be a few more getting delivered today.

I'll be away for part of the day as our family is going with a group of friends to see a movie (Kingsmen: The Golden Circle) and will get posts & such updated when I return.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    But... I don't know how you would use CFE to get rid of foundations that are already there. Whenever I do a makeover of a build, unless I'm deleting the building and rebuilding from scratch, I've always just left the foundations in place. I've never known any way to get around it.

@MiaSkywalker - I use CFE to lower the foundation on buildings. (Then, I manually must move everything that was on each floor, to include windows and doors, to the new floor level by "grabbing" everything by hand and releasing it (or switching from buy to build mode or vice versa), which will effectively place the things in the same location that they were in, but at the new ground level. It's a pain and once done, I save the lots for a quick swap out next time.

When it's only a foundation or the ground was lowered using stairs, then I delete the stairs and level the ground. If anything is sitting on the ground that needs to be raised, you will either have to move everything to level it or use CFE to adjust the ground level and then use the grab and release method to again place things at the new ground level.
    @ADWilson Thank you for all your comments :) I never did understand why that gazebo or stage or whatever it is took up so much space that could be used for plants. It's not that big of a lot to start with lol And as far as a second hand store I could see that. It always reminded me a bit of the last old gas station before you entered hundreds of miles of desert with nothing to be found too.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Kesminlix wrote: »
    @MsPrissy88 Awe! Bailey and Luna are adorable!! I love how Luna has that "I'm up to no good" look in the first pic. Love them! <3

I am SO glad you love them!!! *squeeeeee* :D When I was testing them, I left the pets autonomy on LOW. That way, they could run around and do what they wanted to, while I concentrated on Montgomery and Maribelle. However YOU want to play with them is - of course - totally up to you. ;)
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited September 2017
    To all who commented on my pets ..... THANK YOU!!! I'm not that good at painting animal coats (lol), but if you slowly go through the randomizer, you'll eventually find one that "FITS" them. That's what I did. Now grant you, not EVERY randomizer will work.

And @Tanu -- how right you are! Even if you download pets to "just have" in your game. They can be pets for the townies. To me, it's just cute when you see them all running around. (lol)

@KESSIE!! -- I am adding some of the final images to a slideshow. Have no fear! Your FINAL and main gift is coming SOON!!!!
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited September 2017
    @AlphaFen - When I was writing up the story, I wanted to have Southern names for the sims. Since my inspiration pic is of a REAL HOUSE, its name was one I had never heard of! So, a-googling I went in search of Southern first names. I never knew that Montgomery was a first name. (( lol - go figure )). And when I had spotted Maribelle, well .... I *had to* use that one. In fact, EVERY name in the story is an actual Southern first name!!

Too bad we just didn't/don't have a southern-type accent FOR our sims. lol Cos that would have just been perfect.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited September 2017
    The exchange went so fast! And here it is the last gifting day :'( so @AlphaFen it's time to post your final gift

One lot has always seemed like more of a waste of space then others in Lucky Palms. 10 the lake is the address. Here it is ~

wlpzdh.jpg

At first glance it seems like a good idea. A place for sims to park their cars after a long day in town or for visitors to park when going to a home on the docks. But there's one small problem....sims like to put their cars or brooms in their pockets for some odd reason. So this lot needs a use and I needed a lot for your last gift because I just had to build you a laundromat!!! It was meant to be!!

Why you ask? And I quote ~ I do have penchant for having laundry items maybe it's because I like watching someone else do it for once

So I built you a laundromat where you can summon the town and watch them all doing their laundry under one roof! :p You may never leave to go to another lot! B)

Suds O Fun was built with coins in mind. Bring a pocketful (just push your car over some) and bring plenty because doing your laundry here isn't cheap. And neither are all the enticing machines you can play if you don't want to watch your clothes spin. Bring the kiddies because there's a play area for them as well so they won't sit in one spot shedding tears out of sheer boredom. If you are lucky and have a hot dog in that pocket too you can spend the whole day! lol

Suds O Fun ~ http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9142149
    35lz0d3.jpg

f1eiaa.jpg

I have really really loved and enjoyed having you for my buddy Alpha! Thank you for all the smiles and for being such an amazing buddy to build for! <3
    Post edited by tanubanue on
    Aw, the last official day of the exchanging of gifts for Sweet Simtember.

You'll find what happened with Ava in my game last night here:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/stories/slurpee/noslurp2

@catdog123 - It has been a pleasure and a challenge building for someone who makes such gorgeous homes. And rather than build up to a finale, I presented what you wanted most first. Nonetheless, here is your final gift for the gift exchange from me. I don't know if you noticed the naming of the gifts before. Lucky DOG, Sea DOG, and now DAWG Days (because DOG Days had bad food in the fridge).
    roof_up_original.jpg
    Download here: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9142086

House pics are found here: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/house
    And you can find the inspiration pic and floor plans here: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/builds/inspired (under the boat inspiration pics)

As always, I've enjoyed the exchange and will have hours of fun playing with the gifts, whether intended for me or not!
    Thank you Addy and Aricarai for running this and all the hours of time spent behind the scenes working on it.
    And a special thank you for all the Custard checking as well, Mia!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @tanubanue - Suds o Fun is brilliant! I'm laughing at your description of it! I like how you put activities on the lot...sounds like the laundromat could be a fun day out for the entire family! I will give you a big ole rec once I'm back on my computer! Love it!

@ciane - Dawg Days is STUNNING! Is that 2 garage doors moo'd together that I see? Does it still function? I'll make sure to check your blog for the rest of the pictures when I'm on my computer and rec too! It's so beautiful!

I'm glad you had fun with the Exchange but I can't take credit for running it. That all goes to the wonderful @ADWilson! I was simply in the background due to a hectic work schedule and being really sick but I love these exchanges too and I love seeing everyone's creativity and what they bring to life in this wonderful game!
    edited September 2017
    yep, @aricarai - that's two garage doors MOOd together. It's nice that there are smaller cc garage doors available at mts for those who want and use them, but I do like the way the /\/\ pattern became a /X\ pattern when the two doors merge. (And I don't remember if my tester sim had a vehicle!)

OH! @tanubanue - THAT is a truly inspired build! I have never re-utilized that lot (and that's saying something. I do remove all the actual parking spaces. (I do that on all community lots. Less cars to get lost or stolen!) I LOVE what you've done there with the child lock and laundry stuff and all the fun games! Kudos to you!
    @ciane Dawg Days is a very pretty home! I love the colors on the outside of the house and I too had never thought about mooing garage doors together but it does make for a nice detail. I also love how the vase can be seen as an umbrella holder and the chin up thingy can double as a coat rack, lol Very creative! :)

Thank you @aricarai and @ciane for the compliments on the laundromat. When I read Alpha's letter that was the first thing that sprang to mind so needed to be done lol
    edited September 2017
    Let me first say that I have seen most of the spoiler pics for everyone's gifts. WOW Y'all did a fantastic job building, creating. and having fun with/for each of your buddies.

With that out of the way.... let me apologize ahead of time if I repeat myself along the way with my comments. Now mind you, this is just the start for me. I have a LONNNNNNNG way to go to catch up.

@Ciane - Lucky Dog is awesome!! Different levels of fun, means different levels for sims to do what THEY want to do. Rec'd!! Nice job

@LadyEm - Berry cute family!! (*groans - sorry, had to. lol) I especially got a giggle when I saw the name for the dog. The house.... :o:o:o Very nice!! Rec'd everything

@djsdragongirl - FAIRIES!!! ha ha That is one, SPARKLY family. ;):D I've had that same "getting sad/disappointed all the time" too. (for me) That's when I had quit playing them. But you did a great job on your Cassidy family. Rec'd!!

@AlphaFen - Bauhaus Blue OMG!!! The way you had built that starter for Ciane.... I would have sworn you built it for me. The COLORS! Everything I like. lol Awesome job. Rec'd!!

That's it for now. As I said, I have a long way to go before I am all caught up rec'ing and giving my comments.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited September 2017
    @MsPrissy88 Thank you! My, you do have some work cut out for you with catching up ;) Good luck!

@ciane I love the upper level you've added for Ava it really suits the home, I would never have thought of it. Separately, I really like the two front doors and how you've themed all your gifts to catdog it looks very homely and relaxing :)

@tanubanue There are no words, only excessive emojis: :D<3:love::hushed:<3:D:joy:

Edit: I lied I need to add words! It's such a brilliant idea! I couldn't have guessed yet it's so perfect! And so useful for the dock area with their small homes that often don't utility rooms. I love the little child gate in the play area , it's all so realistic, you have no idea how much joy you've given me this week <3
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    edited September 2017
    Gift number 5 and final gift for @ciane

Name: Peaceful Point
    Cost: 16,444
    Lot Size: 30x30
    CC/CAP/Spawners:Nada/None/Zero
    Modern Style Interior: Ikea Catalogue, Exterior: Unstable
    Description: Designed by Carlos Cortez after he suffered a pencil related breakdown this one bed starter was made to be an oasis of in your face calm. Peaceful, a word never associated with AlphaFen, represents the soft colour scheme of this quiet unassuming home. Point, an object’s pointy sharp end, represents the designer’s inability to understand basic architectural limits. Ignore the lack of roof support!! :fearful: Relax around the fireplace, while you still can!!! :weary:

tlpqtnk.jpg?1
    LIBEtZQ.jpg?1
    ScJL6jL.jpg?1
    RUBI3R5.jpg?1
    iIeIupg.jpg?1
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
    Ok. Here comes Part 2 of that new show, "Catching Up". lol :D:D

@Tanu -- Ezra & Nirker Kitty - When I was read your explanation of WHY you named the cat, Nirker, I had an "awwwwwww" moment. That was so sweet! Then I saw your "House of Wands" gift..... nice! But it was your rendition of the Lucky Palms Festival Grounds .... HO LEE --- WHOA!!! I had to pick my eyes up OFF the ground, and shove them *back* into my head. O M Gawwwwwd!!! Reading each season and what IT has to offer... I... I... I... I'm speechless. AWESOME JOB, my friend!!!!

@Catdog -- I absolutely LOVVVVVVVE the poses you had used to capture the twins! I have never had much luck when it came to using the pose player. You, my friend, are a master. And the little corgi .... TOO cute!!!

@Kesminlix - LOVVVVVE Dozmary Pool !! "I am Morgana, whatever relative to Arthur. I come to get Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake. FOR him. May I have it -- please??" LOL!!! Don't ever be disheartened that you can't do landscaping. WHAT EVER you can do looks fine.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn - Hey Mama D!!! Love the Wades. I was just surprised that Mom & Dad are still working. LOL!! And Hannah... I like how you have one version of her without any skills whatsoever, and one WITH her folks.

And once again... The gifts above have ALL been Rec'd!!

Time for a little football break, and then I'll be back to do some more commenting!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @AlphaFen - Awesome Sauce! This soft color scheme is my favorite! Along with the white, it is subtle and peaceful. And, I love the wood floor, the brick behind the fireplace, the gorgeous fireplace itself, as well as the plants, lights, and patio! Someone will be moving in soon. But, who? It is perfect. I LOVE it! I love the plants on either side of the walk and around the trunk of the tree. I love the plants on the tables and in the corner. I love the soft greens and blues and the fact that you gave me a sink in the kitchen. :) Thank you so, so much.

I have loved all the presents and am so happy I talked you into you decided to join us. We have all enjoyed your unique sense of humor and hope to see it around here in the forums more often.
    edited September 2017
    Before I take off, @KESSIE .... Here is your FINAL GIFT from me!!!

You remember that little sneaky peek I first showed you??

36882893081_0df8b77b49_b.jpg

Well ..... how 'bout feasting your eyes on THE FINISHED PRODUCT?!???

36544577274_59329562eb_h.jpg

Let me introduce Evergreen Plantation. Based off the REAL Evergreen Plantation located in Edgard, Louisiana, this house does have store and skill items, as well as some recolored items. So, the sneaky peek pic above is the REAL Evergreen Plantation!!!

I built Evergreen Plantation in my own blank world, but upon going back over YOUR letter, I read that you like to play in Appaloosa Plains. So, a-hunting I went to try and find a lot big enough to hold your beautiful new house. There was/is only ONE lot that matched. 1005 Pomona Promenade. Place your new house there, and Montgomery & Maribelle's neighbors will be VERY envious!! ;):p:D

Download HERE --->> http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141709

And since you are now the proud owner of Bailey and Luna, they have to have a place to sleep -- right?? You'll see what I mean as you look through the pictures. Click the link below ....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/prissy-star/albums/72157686171944323

**Again -- if there is ANY store item you are missing, please don't hesitate to tell me. I will get it for you!!!

***oh, and by the way ... I'm like Catdog in that my fingers could *not* stop snapping pics!!! lol :D

Edit: If you're wondering - once you've seen the pictures - WHY I had changed the roof color, if you take a look at most of the houses in Appaloosa Plains, they're all boasting this dark green color. I didn't want your house to "stick out like a sore thumb". So, I had changed it, and it fits in SO nice now. ;)
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    You did such an awesome job on that @MsPrissy88! It's a beautiful lot and one that lots of simmers will enjoy having in their game!
    ciane wrote: »
    You did such an awesome job on that @MsPrissy88! It's a beautiful lot and one that lots of simmers will enjoy having in their game!

Thank you Ciane!!!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top