Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you all for kind comments, I felt sorry for Dodger before, but knowing how many of you are already selling him off to your single sims, I could cry :pensive: You people are merciless :'(

@MsPrissy88 I hope you mother settles into her new place soon :)

@Bookworm742 Gosh I would tell you how much I love your build but I'm too busy helping my sims move into their new dock home. It's called Land Ho have you heard of it? :*

Oh @tanubanue the story is so sad :'( The first thing I'm going to do is give Jordan a big hug when he gets in game <3 I love the backstory it gives me such an interesting dynamic to play with, I can't wait to get to know all three of these beautiful sims! I love names and their backgrounds so the bit about what Morgan means is a great touch. As to the house I love the roof access and especially the pool with all it's awesome décor (fountain!! ) and activities. None of my houses have proper pools because it just looks like some sort of weirdly geometric toxic spill rather than an enticing place to be :# So this is a much needed addition to my game! I'm going to be so busy with all my new stuff :D

P.S Have I mentioned that your presentation skills are awesome? Because they're awesome!
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2017
    Gift number 3 for @ciane

Name: Nature’s Nook
    Cost: 16,498
    Lot Size: 30x30
    CC/CAP/Spawners:Nada/None/Zero
    Modern Style: Glass Boxism – Aka Bankrupting yourself with window cleaning bills
    Description: Love the natural world in a way that doesn’t involve getting too near it? Then you’ll love Nature’s Nook a modern studio starter! Made by Petra Pietersen, so she could be at one with nature without the danger of touching anything green and icky, Nature’s Nook is built with natural materials combined with bold design in order to nestle gently in the landscape. Plus it’s many floor to ceiling windows provide panoramic views of nature in all it’s glory! B) Warning: With only the room in the budget for two curtains your neighbours may see your nature in all it’s glory too…..

K3r2wb6.jpg?1
    M83b1OT.jpg?1
    t4RYHZa.jpg?1
    K7XvY3T.jpg?1
    r4Cw1zo.jpg?1
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • djsdragongirldjsdragongirl Posts: 843 Member
    Just a quick jump in, I've been busy with work. I removed Country Dreamin from my studio and have removed the .dbc file. I will try to get it fixed and uploaded later today after work. Sorry @MoonandStars83 about the house. :(

Hopefully I will have it up and ready for you tonight when I get home. I also have 2 more gifts that I will get out to you as soon as I can.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited September 2017
    @AlphaFen I'm happy you like everything so far because we aren't done yet. (Someone may have paid me to keep you extra busy ~ I'll never tell)

After the festival lot was done and tucked away for you I was driving around Lucky Palms with the top down and radio blaring when my eyes came upon something that made them sore. Salty Springs Resort was sitting there in all it's non glory. The name always struck me funny as it's a residential lot but with the addition of Island Paradise to your game it could become what it's always meant to be. So today's gift is Salty Springs Resort ~ Redone.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141221

Remember this place at 133 Lakeside Drive (Sounds like such a pretty name until you get sand where you didn't think sand could go B) )

211mo45.jpg
    Island Paradise comes with the ability to own, run, and visit resorts. This place looked like an old hotel to me. With two of the cabins removed I as able to put the rabbit hole on the same level. I think it looked ok. I added a floor and made the two buildings on the other side into one and changed some windows and walls. With some new paint it quickly shaped up and my eyes felt better. It was tricky to fit everything a resort needs into a small lot, but I think I got most of it.

Off of the main lobby is a gym and sauna. Outside is a pool with pool bar, hot tub, and basketball court. The dining area has every kind of food you can imagine on the first floor and comfortable seating on the second floor. There is a nectar bar for those who would like to partake. Sims can choose to stay in the more moderately priced resort cabins or choose one of the three VIP rooms. One room is for those who enjoy art, one for music, and the third for those that can't leave their computers home. (That would be me, lol) Ezra enjoyed his stay :)

You can change a few things on a resort if you choose to own it so there's plenty for you to learn about them. ;) Your sim can also call and check to see how many stars their resort is depending on what is on the lot and what level of quality is offered to them during their stay. Sandy Springs may need a bit more to become a 5 star resort.

nx6pgk.jpg

33nfhbt.jpg

PS ~ You could always change the name to the No Tell Hotel. Or hang a sign ~ What happens at the resort, stays at the resort >:)

Come stay where someone changes your sheets and laundry is a distant memory! :*

Have fun!!!

Post edited by tanubanue on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited September 2017
    @AlphaFen - <3

I really love the rock and wood and glass look (despite the window cleaning bills). I also love that you included two strategically placed curtains. Good thinking! I love the red pop with that warm wood. It's perfect. It's a much better fit for Dodger and Dash. Now, I'll have to move them out of Bauhaus Blue home, which will make Hannah happy, I think. She wasn't sure what to think of these interlopers! I know Dash will be happier here. That was a long trek for a little dog to the ocean to get a drink of a water. And, with Dodger closer to work, maybe he get exhausted jogging to the stadium and back. It'll also give Ezra a bit more of a chance with Hannah. We'll just have to see how things go there.

Thank you. I really do love this style of house. You nailed it perfectly! And, the landscaping with the pond and bridge over it is so awesome. I totally love this lot. It's already in my game, but shall have to wait a bit for me to place it as I have two game files I am switching back and forth (and dogs ready for their walk!)
    Post edited by ciane on
    @tanubanue - I love the name No Tell Motel! It looks like a lot of motels I've seen. I love those angled columns. Great color scheme. I love blue and grey together. Guests will love the pool area! Nice! I also like that your VIP suites are skill based. What a great idea!
    edited September 2017
    @ciane and @Catdog123

So I had said that Nirker Kitty found a mate and had kittens and you guys wanted pictures so here they are!

A stray came on the property and Ezra quickly made friends with him as did Nirker. So when he came back the third time Ezra adopted him. His name is Charlie. Shortly thereafter Nirker gave birth to twin boys, Jack and Jasper. I love how one looks like Nirker but with no tail and the other looks like Charlie with a tail :) Jasper is the manx. As you can see in the background of the one picture Nirker is still bringing home 'gifts' to Ezra :D

2n01s0k.jpg

msor5c.jpg
    @ciane ~ The Sea Dog is a beautiful houseboat. Some of the things I was going to say you already did with your pictures lol This is going to look nice next to the houseboat Bookie made me :)
    Those are too precious @tanubanue! I love the tail switch too! The cats and kittens are all adorable! Love the snake present too! Thank you for sharing your pics!
    edited September 2017
    ciane wrote: »
    Those are too precious @tanubanue! I love the tail switch too! The cats and kittens are all adorable! Love the snake present too! Thank you for sharing your pics!

You're welcome. They're a cute little family. The kittens are grown and inherited the hunting ability so Ezra is constantly letting critters go lol Now that I think of it they probably keep catching the same ones poor things! lol :o
    @AlphaFen Nature's Nook is adorable even with it owning stock in windex :) Really pretty living space. Now please excuse me while I go cover my glory. :#
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @djsdragongirl Don't feel bad at all! I've been so busy trying to correct the issues with my own gift house, I haven't had time to download the amazing-looking gifts you made for me.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Okay, here is attempt 4 at Dragon House. I've decided to bring my laptop to a fast food place after work to download store content so I have a backup I can use for future exchanges. If it doesn't work this time, I'm going to build you a park as well, just for the frustrations. *big hugs*

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141246
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    34096ce49f602ca48bcd97bbd5cff526--good-afternoon-quotes-do-you.jpg
    In the 90s here so I thought this image worked :)

Wow!!!
    Some really lovely gifts I see
    Your Buddies will be happy <= okay, more than happy but happy rhymed with see LOL

@AlphaFen
    @tanubanue
    @ciane
    @MoonandStars83
    Your gifts are custard-clean o:)

Super happy that yours downloaded and is good to go, @MoonandStars83 :smiley:
    ** clap clap**
    YOU deserve a round of applause for repeated efforts to get this one to pass through the download and custard hoops. Yay!!!
    Well, it's about... darn... time.

the-happy-cat-2.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys it.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    @MoonandStars83 Yay! So happy it got sorted out for you! That cat is just adorable <3 Looks like a little moon on his collar to me :)

@tanubanue I have no idea. It's a stock photo. It might be a bell, though.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    edited September 2017
    @MoonandStars83 - Kitty is adorable! Congrats on all your hard work paying off! You shouldn't need to DL all the store stuff again. Just copy the .ebc files from the dccache folder over along with the installed worlds store files. Then, the tricky part is the library files to copy over because you won't know which belong to store venues and which were just DLs unless you installed all the venues at the same time and only added DLs later. Then you could go by date. So, at the most, you should only need to DL and install the venues into a clean vanilla sims 3 folder. Then copy over only the library files. I hope that makes sense to you. If not, just ask me for more clarification.
    @Bookworm742 ~
    Hey Bookie :) I just wanted to say again how much I appreciate these two homes! They are even prettier in game. Kara helped me look at Smooth Sailing more closely and the Funke family from the sim bin helped me with Land Ho.

I am excited to move both into the game I play after gifting is over. There is very little to have to add to either aside from a few cc touches I always have in my homes and maybe something to personalize it a bit for the sim or family living there. They really are gorgeous. Thanks again!

I fast forwarded a bit to look at something and Kara took off to higher seas! lol

282hqtf.jpg

I love all the colors and the patterns you chose and really like the tile in the bathroom among many other things.

9hm729.jpg

Shhh! That last picture may contain a spoiler for another gift. :#

Hugs! :)
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Mystik1978 For today's gift I have the house meant to go with the Emberwood household. In your letter you mentioned loving Victorian style homes so of course I needed to build one for you. (I have three other Victorians uploaded to my studio if you are interested.)

Here is Cobalt Tranquility:
    37202087186_2a2153992f_b.jpg
    37391605535_7c1106c0e3_b.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141295

This house was built many many years ago in Hidden Springs. The descendants of the Emberwood clan have resided in this home since the 1800s. It has gone through several renovations to keep up with modern times but still maintains much of it's original charm. The house has a strong mystical aura about it and rumors say that one of the original residents, the maid perhaps? still resides there. Surely those are just rumors though.. or are they?

This spoiler is what I'm going to call picture vomit because I couldn't stop pressing that C key:tongue:
    Exterior:
    37391606605_10e10deabb_z.jpg
    37202087836_e1432ea9e1_z.jpg
    37391615455_628a2db330_z.jpg

Greenhouse Interior:
    37202094776_0b63d66288_z.jpg

Alchemy Shed:
    37202097786_98ed1191fd_z.jpg

Entry Hall:
    37202094306_70b545e06a_z.jpg

Living and Dinning:
    37202096966_9f5bfbdb1b_z.jpg
    37202096506_81b7596cec_z.jpg
    37202099806_83b541af8f_z.jpg

Clara and Sazzo's Bedroom:
    37391620685_89dac9768e_z.jpg

Hmm that closet door next to the armoire and clothing rack. Whats in there? they say some people have skeletons in their closets. :wink:

Theo's Bedroom:
    37202100716_e7f85d6798_z.jpg

Aspen's Bedroom:
    37202095346_5fe76dfb59_z.jpg

Bathrooms:
    37202099346_cf011a82f3_z.jpg
    37391621555_73c8c327e4_z.jpg

One more gift to come soon. I hope you will enjoy having this home in your game. :smile:
    Post edited by Catdog123 on
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2017
    @LadyEmillye

I hope your week has been a good one.

Today I present to two flavors of part 4 of 4 of your gifts.

Option A
    This version of the house is uninhabited.
    Lady E's Off Grid Homestead
    Sims & Hobbits alike will apreciate the year round comforts of this in ground home that keeps it's temperature moderate without electricity. 45 Hidden GRove Lane, Riverview, 30x40, 3 bedroom off the grid homestead. About $86,558 furnished move-in cost.
    No cfe, cc. Minimal MOO. Play tested. Also no spawners.

This is not a starter home
    Moo was only used for the awnings, fountain, fireplace, chimney, and maybe a door.

So not a very creative name, as all the creativity channeled into the creation. ;)
    There is enough room on the grounds in front of the house that if you want to add cows to your home you can, or a larger garden.
    Don't panic while looking at the clothes drying in the elements on the upper above ground level that is also the homes roof, there is no actual laundry on the lot. I'm with you that I do enough in real life that I don't want to do it in game. :)

Ps, landscaping on the roof was not placed with moo, I'll let you discover how I did that further down.
    housefurnished1.jpg?w=840
    The front section of the home is a green house, there is also garden space on the roof (hint between the cherry tree & the shrubs up top next to the greenhouse roof). The very first door should be set as the front door, but it won't hurt to check it once placed.
    housefurnished2.jpg?w=840
    housefurnished3.jpg?w=840
    housefurnished4.jpg?w=840
    Once past the greenhouse (no actual green house roofing pieces were used) the main part of the house is open floor plan. If coming in from the roof, there is a wash basin for a quick clean up after tending the chickens or gardening.

There is ample space on the roof level for a picnic area or a play house, depending on your or your sims whims.

If your sims are not planning on having children the extra rooms can be remodeled for other uses.

Option B
    Wade Potential Home
    Hannah Wade did not grow up in the country side, but that doesn't stop her from dreaming of living off the grid. Her parents are taking some vacation time to travel with her as she checks out potential homes. Will this be the house she keeps or will she move on to something else?

When I play tested I focused on doors, stairs, and beds. Hopefully I didn't miss anything, the wades however didn't run into any routing issues that I noticed.
    housetested.jpg?w=840
    Confession, I had to use the freerealestate cheat to get the Wades moved in.

But what if my sim moves in unfurnished?
    Even unfurnished the price doesn't fall into the starter home category. The Wade household has enough funds to move in unfurnished but not furnished.
    I almost left out image 1 in this first set of pictures, because of the glitch that occurred when placing the lot anywhere but where I had built it in Riverview. It was however the only pic I had to show the full front of the lot unfurnished. Also I couldn't recall if image 3 of the first four was from the unfurnished or furnished walk through. The outhouse stays, but I can't recall if the woodpile stayed for unfurnished.
    houseempty1.jpg?w=840
    Yep, pretty much all landscaping that used the gardening rugs vanishes along with 99% of everything else.
    houseempty2.jpg?w=840
    houseempty3.jpg?w=840

Because stuff happens ....
    So clearly I didn't do any upgrades on the few upgrade-able items.
    screenshot-28.jpg?w=840
    For the clean up afterwards I did have to move the decor items around, clean, then put them back.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @djsdragongirl Don't feel bad at all! I've been so busy trying to correct the issues with my own gift house, I haven't had time to download the amazing-looking gifts you made for me.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Okay, here is attempt 4 at Dragon House. I've decided to bring my laptop to a fast food place after work to download store content so I have a backup I can use for future exchanges. If it doesn't work this time, I'm going to build you a park as well, just for the frustrations. *big hugs*

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141246

Hugs, hugs, hugs

So glad it worked this time, it's installed and waiting for me next time I open sims. Which most likely will be tomorrow.

I hope you can now relax and focus on enjoying your gifts. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    edited September 2017
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn - OH NO!!! on the last pic. :( But awesome on all the rest! I love your use of foundation, all the pretty wood, and the landscaping. Very nicely laid out home and lot with lots of curb appeal and more shares with Windex ;)

@Catdog123 - A very lovely home. I particularly am drawn to the reverse bay windows - the diagonal walls! Love the coloring and all the architectural choices you made. I love that downstairs wall paper - simple and elegant. So, Broomhilda lurks here, does she? Awesome build!

@tanubanue - I loved seeing pics of the gifts in use! I did more playing with gifts as well.

https://iamciane.wordpress.com/stories/slurpee/slurp2/
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    @Bookworm742: Wait a second...hold the phone...you can place houseboats on land?! What is this tomfoolery!? Land Ho is a brilliant name! I really love the color scheme you went for and you're right, it does fit perfectly in LP! FABULOUS! Rec-a-roo!

That was pretty much my exact reaction when I discovered that by accident a few weeks ago. :lol: Had this adorable houseboat for RH that I downloaded somewhere, but didn't have a port available, so I thought I'd just see what happened if I tried to stick it on a 20x20...and next thing I know, I have a cute little house with a wooden lawn!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Country Market looks great! Gotta love a place that has nectar making, fishing, bees, market stalls, and a hot tub! And ooo, options! Always nice to have the occupied and unoccupied versions of a house available. Love the rooftop landscaping on your Wade Potential/Lady E home! Quite unique, and looks like a lot of fun!

@AlphaFen What a great little starter! It's so hard to make those look attractive and *finished* while still staying on budget! Love the combination of modern with rustic nature, too!

@tanubanue lol, No Tell Motel! Love it! And love how you were able to turn that lot into something useful, since I usually just bulldoze it! (Think the most exciting thing I ever did with it was surround it with a fence, lock 8 sims in there, turn on the free will, and see how much trouble they could get into. Was actually pretty entertaining!) And having IP features in LP will be a nice plus!

@ciane Oooo, houseboat! So pretty! And yay, more pretty blues! :lol: The clean modern lines look great here, and I love that upper deck with the martial arts item and the bar! And is that a *garden* up there?! Awesome! :smiley:

@MoonandStars83 Yay, you got it working! Looks great!

@Catdog123 :o Wow! One of the most gorgeous Victorian's I've seen in a while! Especially love the trim (with all those fun detail pieces!) and the alchemy shed and greenhouse! And hey, it will look pretty great over in my copy of Salmon Woods, too. ;)

And yay, I think I'm all caught up again! Now I can go hop into my game for a bit!
    @ciane While normally I would do that, some of the .Sims3packs I have don't show up correctly in the launcher when I reinstall them (i.e., they show up as CC instead of Store content), so I would actually like a freshly downloaded install of my stuff for the inevitable day I have to transfer everything to a new computer. Thank you, though.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top