Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Love your lot @Mmdrgntobldrgn! It is very nicely done! Everything blends together well in a nice cohesive lot. Sometimes that lot unevenness is the result of flattening the lot that you build in. That sounds weird, but I've read NOT to use the flatten lot option. I use CFE to correct the problem and drag from one corner to the opposite corner, ie. NW to SE.

Great explanation @MiaSkywalker!
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2017
    ciane wrote: »
    Love your lot @Mmdrgntobldrgn! It is very nicely done! Everything blends together well in a nice cohesive lot. Sometimes that lot unevenness is the result of flattening the lot that you build in. That sounds weird, but I've read NOT to use the flatten lot option. I use CFE to correct the problem and drag from one corner to the opposite corner, ie. NW to SE.

Great explanation @MiaSkywalker!

Thanks ciane, as to building I don't flatten lots as a general rule. I will sculpt lots from time to time for landscaping but I don't like to flatten. Flattening lots can also interfere with placing foundations. :/
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, it's only a "sometimes" culprit that was worth mentioning! It's just an example of EA wonkiness at times.

The ID number is actually the backup file number for the BAD CC # according to Crinrict's blog. I just went back and double checked. So, though the name of the object found should be the redone GOOD version; the object identifier shows it is the sticky one and therefore BAD! You need to delete that file from the backup folder and NOT put it back in!
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Obviously I am going to need to start keeping an extra version of the game somewhere on my external. I'm actually halfway there with my laptop. I downloaded the base, EPs, and SPs onto it, I just don't have any store stuff on it yet, but next time I cat sit for my aunt, I'll download and install that stuff and make a copy of the folder for times when I'll need it. That is, if I'm ever invited to another gift exchange. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if people were becoming wary of my presence.

Only a few more hours until work is over, though, then I'll head home, pull what I believe the culprit might be, and then hope the third time's the charm. If not, I'm definitely grabbing the cone of shame.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @djsdragongirl: I can't remember if I commented on this or not, but I really love it! That is a really neat ranch house for MH. The lighting in that world is really strange, yeah? Kind of gives the world an other-worldly look to it, which is strangely appropriate to a family of fae. :) Made me laugh when the repairman was killed. Poor guy! I don't think I see the Grim Reaper very often in my games. I probably have too many mods that keep NPCs from dying. Maybe it would be funnier if I didn't!

Addy is right; there is a CC counter in it. I'm glad that it's not the sticky one, according to Ciane, but it will still need to be removed. I know what a pain it is to have to re-export and re-upload; you have to change the name of the lot slightly within the game, or your launcher won't allow you to upload it. At least, that's what happens to me. I usually just add a space to the end of the name, and it tricks the launcher appropriately. :) It IS strange that it's not in the lot with the family, so I'm guessing you either added it after removing the family, or removed it after adding the family, depending on which you did. :)

@MsPrissy88: I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. :( I hope all goes well soon for you. As Addy said, family comes first! Take care of her, and take care of yourself.

@Mystik1978: Wow! You did that without any store content? Great job! I love the colors you used in the rooms inside the house. Oh, and Seafoam Serenity is clean and CC free. :smiley:

@CatDog123: The Emberwoods are clean and CC free. :smiley: The Emberwoods look like a very interesting family to have around. The combination of a witch and a djinn could be very fun! If you have Nraas Hybrid in your game, the kids could even have been born hybrids of both. :) (Which, I know, you couldn't have done, because upload.) I may drop them into my current DV game, and have them run around as NPCs. I don't think I thought to change any of my NPCs to djinn, so it could be fun to have them in! :)

@AlphaFen: Dash and Dodger are clean and CC free. :smiley: They are also, as you said, ridiculously adorable. Particularly the dog. Oh, how I love that dog! The pets that people have been making during this exchange really HAVE been ridiculously adorable! I'm not normally a dog person, but these dogs are just too cute for words!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: What an adorable hangout! Er... Market, since it wouldn't allow you to set it as Hangout. (Really? The outhouse doesn't count as a bathroom? I wonder if the Nraas mods get around that, because my recollection is that I have never had any limitation on what to set a lot to, until I removed my Mods folder.) Since I play in DV like you do, that place is going to look great. :) Oh, and it's clean and CC free, which Addy might have already told you. :smiley:

I had no idea that flattening a lot could interfere with foundations. Hm... that explains a bit, for me. I do that all the time.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Oops, I think it's dragongirl's buiild for moon and stars that has the bad counter! Hugs @MoonandStars83. I do believe that the third time will be the charm. It's NOT the DRAGON house that has the BAD counter. It's the country one.

So, as has been mentioned, removing all the .dbc files from the dccache folder, as well as removing the dcbackup files (but leaving in the ccmerged file), and then clearing those package caches will remove all cc installed through the launcher from the game. I'd restart the computer too before loading the game just to make sure that everything is reset.

You'd still have the files and can put them back in again as long as you merely MOVE them elsewhere. Just save your game with a new name so it doesn't override your old save. CC in package form does not upload and is the safest and easiest way to add and remove cc from your game. I tend to only add packaged cc to my game.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Options
    @ciane I do that too. I also tend to remove a lot of CC via Custard when I download stuff.

Also, just because I've received concerns, I'm just trying to make jokes. I don't feel unwelcome in the slightest, I just have a weird sense of humor that doesn't translate in writing.

*is mentally crossing fingers*
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
  • Options
    Everyone just wow! There are so many fabulous builds, sims, and families.

tanubanue; patience required to work with the seasonal marker & testing each season; hats off
    I love what you've done with the space and each season for the festival lot.

AlphaFen, I'm with you a cat theme park would be awesome, with cat tea places already a thing I'm sure there's a way to step it up for a full park. ;)

Bookworm742 what a fab houseboat, which will possibly ended up stranded on land in one of my games ;) lol

I'll get to everyone eventually, I just run out of time due to the having to share with hubby catch of using his pc. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Steals cone of shame away from MoonandStar83, snags the ribbons that Catdog123 left scattered everywhere, carefully turns cone into fun pom pom esque toy for fun play, returns the fun shiny to Moonandstar83 to be played with. :)
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn: What an adorable hangout! Er... Market, since it wouldn't allow you to set it as Hangout. (Really? The outhouse doesn't count as a bathroom? I wonder if the Nraas mods get around that, because my recollection is that I have never had any limitation on what to set a lot to, until I removed my Mods folder.) Since I play in DV like you do, that place is going to look great. :) Oh, and it's clean and CC free, which Addy might have already told you. :smiley:

I had no idea that flattening a lot could interfere with foundations. Hm... that explains a bit, for me. I do that all the time.

Lot is set as a hangout, and if the player isn't planning on having their sims purchase the lot to earn income from it, the outhouse building in the back corner can be removed and the outhouse in the basement could go there instead. As far as I know the hiccup has nothing to do with mods, but everything to do with the real estate mechanics in the game play if your sim is going to own the lot & earn income.

In one of my saves I'm playing a hybrid randomcy - nothings free - build from nothing town game play so I've been learning a fair bit about the game mechanics of real estate owning options that came with one of the ep's (Ambitions maybe).

Gotta run, have tutoring at the library today.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member

@tanubanue

Your second gift is ready!

It came about due to 2 stray thoughts I had while building your first gift. The first was: "You know, these colors would work well in Lucky Palms, too." It was followed by me remembering something I recently discovered, which is that you can place houseboats on land lots too. And so, my muse convinced me I really needed to make a version for the dock lots in LP.

So here we have:

Land Ho!

UauZehX.jpg

Download Here: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141087

More pictures here:
    Downstairs Layout:

gwpoAj3.jpg

Upstairs Layout:

mhhvhBf.jpg

Kitchen:

9posNhO.jpg

Family Room downstairs:

d17hEi9.jpg

Upstairs Main Room:

tQxgFWN.jpg

Nursery and Master Bath:

k6726YB.jpg
  • Options
    tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    edited September 2017
    @AlphaFen ~

So I know that you liked having Ezra, Nirker and the House of Wands to help ease you into Supernatural so I thought that you may also like a family to help ease you into Island Paradise. After all it's the least I can do after throwing so much new stuff at you all at once, lol

So meet Jake, Jordan, and Kara

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9141092

My name is Jordan Morgan. My brother, Jake, and I grew up near, on, in, and under the water in a beautiful island community. Seems fitting since our last name literally means 'Dweller of the Sea'. Anyway Jake is a bit older than I am so he has taught me pretty much everything. How to stay on a surf board or use the wind and currents to steer my windsurfer. And how to respect the sea and the creatures who live there. After Mom and Dad decided to go further inland Jake and I bought this small plot of land on an island set aside from the others. We didn't need much just a pool for the neat surf machine Jake got and a place to sleep. We put a few solar panels on the roof for our lights and the appliances we needed. It was just right, just the two of us, in the middle of the sea.

To help make money and support ourselves we got jobs as life guards at a local beach. It wasn't bad. Jake did better than I did though. My awkwardness with other people was sometimes an issue but still I advanced in my career. Still I do admit I like fish better than most people.

A few months after we got everything set up and moving smoothly Jake met Kara. I like her I guess. At first she was just here to play in the pool or for dinner. Sometimes I wandered to the other side of the island to give them some privacy. Pretty soon she was staying nights. And when that started so did my diminishing time with my brother. We used to be inseparable boating to work together and playing in the waves afterward. But he quit his job at the beach and registered with the town hall as a diver. Finding rare treasures at the bottom of the sea could bring lots of simoleons. When I asked him why he changed things he just hugged me and said that he needed to think of his future and couldn't goof off for his entire life. Goof off?

Kara moved in and things changed a bit more. They spent more and more time together. My telescope was moved back on the roof to make room for her easel. (She sells paintings for simoleons) and suddenly there were potted plants everywhere and there were flowers on the kitchen counter! We settled into a comfortable routine. Jake and I spending a little time together when we had the chance and sometimes the three of us would go diving or water skiing together. But mostly I stayed out of the way as I heard their whispered conversations about her Grandma's home on the main island and more walls for Kara's paintings and even of the kids she dreamed of having.

Then last night it happened. Jake told me he needed to ask me a question. I should have totally expected it but it stunned me. He told me he wanted to propose to Kara and that if she said yes would I be his best man. I'm happy for my brother, I really am, Kara loves him deeply and I know she makes him happy. But what about us? What about the dreams we said we had? Of growing old right here on the island just two sea loving brothers? Surely once they're married there won't be a place for me in the same home anymore. What does this mean? Will we have the same bond we've always had?

~ So our friend Jordan is left in quite the position. Will they end up staying together on the island as Jake and Kara grow their family? Or will they move to the main island leaving Jordan alone? Will Jordan be able to overcome his awkwardness and find someone to make him realize there are other bonds to be made just as strong as the one he has with his brother? What direction will you take them in?
    30lz7lg.jpg

2eldwjo.jpg

347y4d2.jpg

24xdpnd.jpg

s6rd5g.jpg

• Options
    Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Mystik1978 What a lovely master bedroom the soft muted green makes it look very relaxing. Also loving all of the clutter in the bathroom makes it look so lived in and not like the model home landlords show tenants. :)

@AlphaFen Dodger and Dash are great. I just love pugs so will certainly be snagging a copy of them for myself. My current sim is single and shes still "man shopping" will be nice to have more options. :tongue: Plus I think Dash and her cat could cause some trouble together >:) And "1 addiction to hair product" the lols continue. :smiley:

@ciane Oooh I'm guessing its a houseboat? ;) loving the inspiration pictures cant wait to see what you have come up with. :) I agree its hard to stay fully like the inspiration picture. Some things just aren't possible or edits need to be made for it to fit into the Sims game play wise. I had an inspiration photo for tomorrow's build but it almost entirely a different look. About Sazzo ya his skin tone and hair color seems super strong but the two boys do take on more of their mother's features once they age up to young adults. Clara's hair hair did come up a few times with some random genetics tests in cas.

If you or anyone else is interested this is what they look like aged up to young adults. (In a spoiler in case some want to just find out in game naturally)
    Theo has his mother jawline and cheeks I think:
    36522684414_f8e1bc14ac_b.jpg

Aspen has a nice blend seems to be like a hybrid of both their jaws and cheekbones.
    36522683764_9e3491c7c6_b.jpg

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Country Market looks amazing, I love what you did with the hot tub being built into stone. It looks a lot like a local little farmers market I live near so will be snagging a copy of this. Though yours has more to do in it. Certainly no archery but they probably shouldn't let me have a bow and arrow anyway being super clumsy. :tongue:

@Bookworm742 Will be picking up both the houseboat and land ho. It was a great idea to make a landlocked version of the house which has room for a larger family. The master bathroom is really lovely I like how you placed that standing towel rack between two sinks. Never thought to do that before but its a great look. :)

@tanubanue I love families with a good backstory. They look like they will be a lot of fun to play with and continue the story from the rich background you set up for them. Love the weathered shingles and how the beach house is more outdoor space is than indoor space, who would want to spend a lot of time inside when living on a tropical island?

Siggy_4.jpg
  • Options
    @bookworm742 - I love how you were able to add both a nursery and an extra bath upstairs and even had room for a pool table downstairs!

@tanubanue - Great story, great sims, and great pics! I do love IP, so they'll all find a place in my game!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys!! Just a quick update on my mom. She should (by now) be moved into her new "home". While I had to pay over 3 grand (thank you new credit card :s ) for 2 weeks - room & board - EVERYONE I HAD TALKED TO TODAY said that this was the best solution. She has moved in a place called a residential living. Essentially, it's **like** a nursing home.

Any way... Hey buddy, ol' pal of mine!! I know I should be sleeping and resting -- something I didn't get to do since the night before last - but I really couldn't let your gifts sit idle and not try ONE MORE TIME to check them through custard. So far... TWO HAVE WORKED!!! So, you can expect your gifts THIS WEEKEND!!!

I sincerely apologize again for making you wait so long. Usually in these exchanges, *I'm* the one who is generally first. lol
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    @Bookworm742 ~ Wow!!! I love it! You are so spoiling me and so giving me gifts that are absolutely perfect for my game! :) A big thank you hug for you and one for your muse too!!

I just went back and looked at the houseboat again and found some details that I missed the first time. I haven't had time to go in game and look yet but I can't wait. And now I have a gorgeous dock lot house too!!! I'm so lucky! The color combinations you chose are simple yet striking at the same time. I love how it's a family home yet its still very open and spacious and doesn't look crowded for a smaller lot. I really like the rug under the pool table and the tile in the bathroom and a hundred other things! As soon as I have time I'm going in game and taking closer looks at both. But now you've made something a bit tough for me. Which do I move into first? lol

Thank you!! <3
  • Options
    Thanks MamaDragon and Ciane! :)
  • Options
    Yay, @MsPrissy88 - that is great news about your mom and your gifts. Now, catch up on your rest and hopefully, life will treat you nicely!

@Catdog123 - I do love the boys genetics and I do plan to see them first hand in my game. ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Okay, Dragon House is back again. This time I did a test download, and it worked fine.

Link:
    <ONE OF THESE DAYS I'LL GET IT RIGHT>

Extra Interior Pic:
    37020634002_9559eb991f_z.jpg

And a Painting Replacement I forgot:
    37020631562_8e5175e95b_z.jpg
    Post edited by MoonandStars83 on
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    as well as removing the dcbackup files (but leaving in the ccmerged file)
    Gah! I had forgotten about that! Yeah, if you don't remove those, then the CC could still be there. It wasn't in my case (I had run into a similar situation as @MsPrissy88, where Cleaner couldn't even open one of my builds), but it could be in either Prissy's case or @MoonandStars83's. (If theirs haven't been fixed yet. Hrm... maybe I should read further in the thread?)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Hey, why don't one of you create a thread, where everyone who wants to join in can make a Cat Lady venue? I'd join in - it sounds fun! :smiley:

@Bookworm742: Another nice little houseboat! (Clean and CC free, too, btw.) :smiley: Love the blues and tans; those colours always feel so nautical! (As compared to naughty... but that's another story, right? Par'n me, I'm in a weird humour today.) Having a billiard table is a nice addition; makes it feel like a place that a couple of college roomies might hang out on during college break. :)

@tanubanue: Jake, Jordan, and Kara are clean and CC free. :smiley: And what a wonderful backstory! Makes you sad for poor Jordan. I hope he can find someone in AlphaFen's game to love him for himself! I've never managed to get the surf machine to fit into any pool I've made, so I guess the pool has to be pretty large. I think it's cool that you've done it for us. :)

@MsPrissy88: Yay! So glad things are finally working for you! I'd ask what finally fixed it for you, but I know that often a person will have no idea WHAT fixed it, and will just know that it IS fixed. :joy: I'm also glad that things are working out with your mother. I hope it gives you and your family peace of mind to have her settled there.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Okay, Dragon House is back again. This time I did a test download, and it worked fine.
    Unfortunately... it still gives a download error. And when I saved it (as someone else did earlier) and tested that with cleaner, this is what I got:
    dragon-house-cleaner-issue-002_orig.png
    :cry: The two .package files at the bottom of the list are CC of some sort, but because I couldn't download the file the usual way, Cleaner doesn't know what they are exactly, which of course makes it harder to trace.
    • You might need to do what Ciane mentioned: delete all the files in the DCBackup folder (or move them elsewhere temporarily) other than the CCMerged file. (You need the CCMerged file for your premium content to work properly.)
    • Make sure, again, to delete all the cache files in your main The Sims 3 directory (other than SocialsCache and UserPresets - Socials has any achievements you're working towards, and UserPresets has all the presets you've set in CASt or CAS),
    • Check to make sure no .dbc files have snuck in to your DCCache folder.
    • You might move your mods folder - even though it will have that lovely paintings overlay in it - to another folder as well.
    • Then go into game, rename the lot slightly (adding a space at the end is enough), and export it again.

Do you have CCCleaner on your computer? You could run it yourself before uploading, just to check beforehand.
  • Options
    @MoonandStars83 I pulled the file for your house off your mypage because I was going to try removing the content for you in a clean game but it failed to download into my game. I'm sorry I couldn't help you :(
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Spreadsheet and Gift Posts (on the first page) are all caught up to this point.
    25 gifts have been shared and from what some of y'all have been saying, more will be revealed soon. WOW!!!
    25 amazingly, creative gifts that will provide hours of fun for all :)
    But wait there's more ...
    A few gifts have proven troublesome and a number of Buddies have shared their knowledge regarding possible fixes. Thank YOU!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Just thought of something. It would be an easier set of steps for anyone still having problems with their uploads, than the solution I gave in my previous post.

1. Rename your Sims 3 folder (the one in your Documents folder) to something else. (Like "My old The Sims 3" or something.)
    2. Launch your game. It will regenerate that folder, and will be a clean install.
    3. Copy back (not move) your CCMerged file to your DCBackup folder (you may need to create this)
    4. Copy all your .ebc files back to your DCCache folder (you may need to create this, too). Make sure you do not copy back the .dbc files. (Sort by Type, rather than by Name, so you can tell them apart easily.)
    5. Copy the appropriate Save file into the Save folder for the new The Sims 3 folder. (I don't THINK you'll have to create this, but you might.)
    6. Rename the lot just slightly, and re-export the lot.

You will have NO CC at all in this installation this way, and it has the added advantage that when you want your game back to where it was (bad CC and all, if you want it), all you have to do is rename THIS "The Sims 3" folder to something else, and then rename your old folder back to just "The Sims 3" again.

This would be something for @MoonandStars83 or @djsdragongirl to try, to remove their CC.
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Catdog123: You've got some Sim making skills m'dear! You can always tell how much love and care you take into making them! I love the Emberwoods and I am really diggin' their family back story! Oooh, oooh, Clara's formal dress? Where is it from? I luuuuurve what you did with it! Rec-a-roo!
    - Good GRAVY...I just looked at Theo and Aspen aged up! HOLY SMOKES! Someone fan me...those boys are pretty darn good lookin'!

@AlphaFen: Dodger and Dash...I love those names! Died laughing at the 1 addiction to hair product - you crack me up! Dash is so ADORABLE! I did an audible 'awwww'! Gotcha rec'd!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: First of all...you made a gif?! Teach me your ways!! Country Market is amazing - I would have never thought to do something like that! Super creative and full of awesomeness. I love the hot springs! Big ole REC!

@Bookworm742: Wait a second...hold the phone...you can place houseboats on land?! What is this tomfoolery!? Land Ho is a brilliant name! I really love the color scheme you went for and you're right, it does fit perfectly in LP! FABULOUS! Rec-a-roo!

@tanubanue: What a sweet and sad back story! It's no fun when someone feels like they're being left behind! I love that you told it from the POV of Jordan! I hope Kara is good for Jake, but only Alpha will be able to let us know how their story turns out! Awesome - gotcha rec'd tanu!

@MoonandStars83: Rec'd again m'dear!

• Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @Catdog123 Oh my this second family is EPIC too! I like how she looks like an everyday lady ... only she is a bit more than she may seem. Reminds me a lot of some of us real life witches ;)

I must say he is hot! Never played with a Genie in my main household before so two should be fun to try! You do have some amazing Sim Building and Sim making skills. I love the combo of the kids with the parents. Can't wait to give them a try! Thank you for all of the goodies, I truly am feeling spoiled! Add all the other gifts made for others I might be snagging too - my game is going to be rich with new things to try.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top