Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    The only thing she can really do at this point is start a whole new game without the mods file and transfer the house to that game and try again. If it still wont upload then I don't think she's going to be able too :(
    @djsdragongirl I love that the house is haunted! Ghosts can add some unexpected fun to the game! :)
    @MsPrissy88 I hope that your Mom is feeling better quickly and that you are able to get the rest you need. I take care of several disabled family members and suffer from chronic migraines so I know the struggle you're going through. Your buddy will understand why you're late. Just take care of you and who you need to. <3
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    tanubanue wrote: »
    The only thing she can really do at this point is start a whole new game without the mods file and transfer the house to that game and try again. If it still wont upload then I don't think she's going to be able too :(

Thanks for this additional piece of advice.
    ADWilson wrote: »
    tanubanue wrote: »

Thanks for this additional piece of advice.

Your welcome
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited September 2017
    @MsPrissy88 I am really sorry to hear about your mom. :( I hope she has a speedy recovery and feels better soon.
    Siggy_4.jpg
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Prissy, @MsPrissy88

You are my buddy, I will be honest when I read your letter I was a bit scared. Having only done a few very low key/messing around builds I was scared to death I would mess up this gift for you. However, with the help of my mentor our wonderful Addie, I was able to put something together I am happy with and I truly hope you will be as well. I tried hard to follow as many of your do’s and don’ts as possible.

At first, I was put off by the “no store” items but it turned out to be a welcome challenge I am happy to say one I learned from. Seeing as my entire build is put together without a drop of store content and it still came out so much better than I expected I owe you a thank you for throwing that challenge my way.

So, without further delay here is your gift ….

screenshot_original.jpg

First let me start off by telling you a bit of history about this build. Being an RPGer as well as a gamer I wanted to add some history to the build but were to start. Should I make it an old build or a new one? The decisions were many but after some creative talk with my muse this is what we came up with …..

There once was a company called “Jay, Jay an Sons” it was run by two brothers. The oldest of the brothers had two boys, while the other spent all his life working the company. As time went on and both of the Jay’s pasted away …. the company was left to the two sons. Their names were James and Adam. James was the youngest of the two and a bad boy who loved music and having fun an cared little for work. The other, Adam, spent years continue what his father and his brother started. He built up a great company and made lots of money but he wanted more. As life would have it he meant Madison. She was stunning and fun and made him smile. It wasn’t long until the two were married. She had one boy from another relationship but Adam did not mind he had money and love for all. After a few years a little girl was born, Adam was thrilled to have a daughter. So happy with his life he wanted to build her a anniversary gift for their 10 years together. So, he set out to have Sea-form Serenity build with her and the entire family in mind. As life often does however, before the time came to gift it to her Adam caught her with James. She said she was sorry but she loved James, she was cruel and told him that the little girl was his brothers child not his, he was just the fool with the money.

After learning such Adam of course wanted a divorce, but Madison had learned about the house and got a lawyer saying it was to be a gift for her ... so she wanted it. He of course said it was a gift yes, but it was built with his money for a "faithful" an loving wife which she was not. In the end, the judge went in the middle saying the house needed to be sold and the money split between the two. The husband was upset at his high-priced lawyer not getting the win for him. Especially since the lawyer though this was a great win! When asked why the lawyer was so happy with the outcome he replied to the husband ... The judge said you must sell it and you have to give her half of what you sell it for. He did not however say what you had to sell it for. The husband all smiles then laughed ... He ended up selling the house to a young couple who could NEVER afford such a place for $1 Simoleon!

Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9140956

Few Screenshots of the place ...

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Okay, the issue is likely one of two things, so I'm going to eliminate both of those possibilities later tonight when I'm back home.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I'm so sorry there are so many issues with this portion of the gift. If I had time, I'd make something else for you as well.

@djsdragongirl Everything looks great!! I'll be sure to get them in-game so I can check it out.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Mystik1978: OMG! That is the saddest story ever, but so very well written. I'm glad Adam got away from Madison. It sounds like her and James deserve each other. Seafoam Serenity is lovely and I really like the color scheme that you went with! And very well done for not using store content! I bet that was a crazy challenge, but you succeeded! Well done m'dear! BIG ole rec-a-roo for you!
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @MoonandStars83 Your picture quality is great, I can see all the details including the lovely overlapping rug effect, I do hope your problems get resolved soon :)

@Mystik1978 Respect for managing without store content! :o I love the layered roofing you have going on and the brilliant Stonehenge style front path really makes your home stand out. No wonder it got so fought over ;)

@MsPrissy88 I'm really sorry about your mother :/ I hope she recovers soon and you get what sounds like much needed rest :)

@djsdragongirl Lol Tamisha seems more concerned about the stereo than the deep personal trauma she's witnessing :D Love how much stuff is going on in Country Dreaming!

@Bookworm742 Lol snap! :p I love your colourwork, obviously ;) Especially on the pillars and the exterior. Also love all the different doors, I'd create a mini traffic jam by just stopping and staring at them all the time :hushed:

@Catdog123 The house is perfect for the Moondancers! And the pictures at night are magical! And if the film franchise doesn't work out they could always get a spin off show on Netflix :*
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Mystik - OMG!!! Look at what you did! Look at those colors... I couldn't be more surprised at what you did. Thank you!!

I know my not wanting store items is a royal pain, but the creativeness -- yes... I just made up that word (lol) -- is genius!!

Thank you (again) for making my day brighter. {{ a thousand hugs }}

Edit:: I had to go back and reread the story you wrote. I was like - WHAAAAA?! - then... GRRRRRRR - then OH YEEEAHHHH !! The back story for the house was VERY well written.
    Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited September 2017
    According to Crinrict's blog that LEFT counter is supposed to be the non sticky one that doesn't attach itself to builds:
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/arezzo-bathroom-counterright.html

It's the cc that should be okay for you to use in your game, BUT like all the EA options, sometimes something that was looked at while building might attach itself to the build and think you used it.

The code for that countertop shows up in your Custard check: 0xee20737c7dc... You can find that in your dcbackup file and temporarily move it to your desktop or somewhere else. IF you TEMPORARILY MOVE your .ebc files from your dccache folder, you'll be able to just see your cc in the launcher. You can save a copy of .dbc files first (if you want to keep the counter) and then find that counter in the installed content on your launcher and uninstall it. NOW, you'll have the original file (.dbc) and its backup removed from your game AFTER clearing the package caches that are safe to clear out.

Move back in the .ebc files and load your game. Your house will then load withOUT the counter. Save the lot with a slightly different name and share it. When you run Custard, the counter should no longer show up. Then reupload.

THEN, if you want the counter in your game again, move that COPY of the .dbc file back in to replace the one where the counter was deleted. You can also MOVE that 0xee20737c7dc... file back in to your dcbackup folder if you want.

I THINK that this counter is a SAFE cc for your own use and shouldn't stick itself to uploads, but that sometimes the game will attach things that you looked at when building. That's why it's always good to have a cc-free sims 3 folder as well as your cc sims 3 folder in documents. The game readily creates a new sims 3 folder when you rename the old one (in documents! NOT programs). Then you copy over the .ebc files from your dccache folder, the ccmerged file from dcbackup, the library files for venues, the installed worlds files, etc. so you don't have to reinstall anything. Just don't copy over any cc, which might copy over with sims and houses you've created with cc.

NOTE: Actually, this backup file number is the BAD CC # according to Crinrict's blog. I just went back and double checked. So, though the name of the object found is the redone GOOD version; the object identifier shows it is the sticky one and therefore BAD! You need to delete that file from the backup folder and NOT put it back in!

Post edited by ciane on
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Mystik1978 Today's gift is ready to go. Today we have another household. For this household I went for a more modern design but with a touch of fantasy which goes nicely with the their home which will be tomorrow's gift. ;)

I present the Emberwoods:

37195498072_e9aa1841fb_b.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9140992

The Emberwoods are a very magical family that have long familial ties in Hidden Springs. Clara Emberwood is a witch from Hidden Springs who has decided to use her natural magic talents in a career as a magician. She discovered a magic lamp while performing her act one day and summoned the genie who is now her Husband. Sazzo Emberwood is a bit of a homemaker being that he can summon food and clean the entire house with the clap of his hands. He is also a self employed alchemist and is trying to learn to make the fountain of youth elixir so he can extend his wife's life span to match his own long life. The oldest child Theo is a Genie like his father though he doesn't use his abilities as often aside from summoning food (A teen that can summon food certainly keeps the fridge from being raided all the time! :tongue: ) He is a bit of a bookworm and loves his comics and video games. The youngest son Aspen is a witch like his mother and an aspiring vehicle enthusiast. He especially loves trains from the big model one in his bedroom to his train PJs. Last but not least is the two cats Selene (named after the greek goddess of the moon) and Aurora (named after the roman goddess of the dawn.) These sisters have been with the family for years after appearing during a spell Aspen tried to cast. While their origins are unknown they are fitting in fine with their new family.

Here is their outfits:
    Clara:
    36515267384_638ff41431_z.jpg
    36515267644_d6f073b056_z.jpg

Sazzo:
    37195500912_ba2cb287e9_z.jpg
    37195501512_93086f933d_z.jpg

Theo:
    37195504792_b4a116f3a3_z.jpg
    37195505032_202aac70b4_z.jpg

Aspen:
    37177520376_4104b24e19_z.jpg
    37177521096_98953e36a8_z.jpg

Just noticed that Sazzo's only outfit that isn't blue is his athletic attire. Wonder if someone bought him that sweatshirt and was like okay we get it you like blue but you need to be more adventurous. :tongue:

Some in game pictures here: :)
    36515268414_b6106d5133_z.jpg
    37177523306_c32b840a09_z.jpg
    37177524436_376f993906_z.jpg
    37195497402_c05ce453b0_z.jpg
    37195502042_2cedbe47ee_z.jpg
    37195496892_e14047e653_z.jpg

Its kind of hard to see in the pictures but Selene has a blue left eye and a green right eye and Aurora has a green left eye and a blue right eye. This was the inspiration for them:
    1ee3a4fba858c9975316dbe890942f54--yin-and-yang-blue-eyes.jpg

Unfortunately only the white cat in real life has two different eyes and the black cat is photoshoped but still love this picture. :)

They have some skills and careers set up so they can be fun to play or just to be npcs in your saves. Personally I much prefer seeing custom performers at sim fests so its really nice to have some custom performer families in town. I really hope you enjoy having them in your game. :) stay tuned for gift 4 tomorrow. :smiley: Oh and each character including the pets have personal biographies written out for you to read, the Moondancers also have biographies but forgot to mention that the other day.
    Siggy_4.jpg
    @djsdragongirl - I lOVE when fun, unexpected things happen in the game. NOT that a mechanic dying of electrocution is fun! BUT I love how it gets incorporated into the story and adds a bit extra to the gift. Great story! Awesome work. I hope you get the counter issue resolved.

@MsPrissy88 - I hope all works out well with your mom and that you feel better soon too.

@Mystik1978 - Great back story and beautifully decorated home!
    edited September 2017
    @ciane I forgot to mention that I'm doing a variety of modern styles that way if you don't like one you might like another :) Also this gift is not related to the Bauhaus and any similarity in colour scheme is pure lack of imagination on my part ;)

Gift Number 2
    Name: Dodger and Dash Delaney
    Dodger’s Traits: Athletic, Friendly, Loves the Outdoors, Photographer’s Eye, Dog Person.
    Skills: 2 cooking, 1 athletic, 1 handy, 1 charisma and 1 addiction to hair product
    Dash’s Traits : Playful, Adventurous, Hyper
    Skills: Destroying lives while looking ridiculously adorable
    Funds: 16,750
    CC/CAP/Spawners:Nada/None/Zero
    Modern Style: Casual Cool – When you put in all that effort to look like you’ve made no effort at all
    Backstory/blurb: Aspiring athlete Dodger Delaney has always been good at making friends, whether he’s working out at the sport’s centre or accidentally trampling someone’s picnic to get the right light for a photo. But his new friend Dash is a friend like no other, mainly because he’s shorter, furrier and a four pawed vortex of chaos :# Any chance of a free time has gone out the window, as well as sleep, sanity and a quiet hope filled life. Dodger’s never been sure what horrible crime he committed to deserve Dash but …… he’s pretty glad he did <3

Outfits from left to right: Everyday, Formal, Pyjamas, Exercise, Swimming (outerwear not pictured)

Eg9Gb1X.jpg?1
    oUsxiwt.jpg?1
    @Catdog123 Seriously, what is it with you and choosing the perfect names!? :hushed: Were you just born this way or did you train somewhere!? :worried: Love the colours and whole modern/fantasy twist. I'm starting to think all the teal builder's in this exchange should form club :p
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane ~ thank YOU for you for the thorough and helpful advice for dragon :)
    Lovely to see you and others offering suggestions on how to fix the few issues that has arisen.
    edited September 2017
    These threads always move so quickly and I type much too slowly!

@Catdog123 - What a lovely family! I love all the action shots from actually playing a family. Sazzo's genetics are really strong, aren't they? As you say, these will be a great addition to any game, even they are only NPCs. Hopefully, I'll find time to play them too. (I love when the outfits aren't all matchy. It's good to add some other color to the mix!)

Aw @AlphaFen , you are spoiling me for sure. What an adorable pug! And Dodger is quite nice looking too. I love all the outfits you chose. I don't think I've ever noticed that sleep shirt before. (My male sims usually sleep without shirts!) I shall love playing with this family and can't wait to get in game and see what happens!

On that note, here's what I played with yesterday: https://iamciane.wordpress.com/stories/slurpee
    I enjoyed adding some other gifts to my game! Thank you!

and, @Catdog123 - here are some inspiration pics for your next gift:

la-hm-0824-houseboat_remodel-pictures-024.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

flo-houseboat.jpg?ssl=1&w=450

Note: As with all inspiration pics, what actually grew out of them is much different!

Post edited by ciane on
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @MiaSkywalker @ciane @ADWilson @aricarai @AlphaFen Ty, so glad y'all like it! Had quite a bit of fun playing with it!

@Catdog123 The columns were actually the first structural element I decided on first, beyond the basics of "wall here, door will be there..." and they kinda took over. My muse decided my original color scheme didn't work as well with those columns as this one did! :lol: And yes, Salmon Woods is one of my favorite user created worlds!

@tanubanue So glad you like it! The boats in general are one of my favorite features from IP, and the houseboats really are so much fun. And finding a good world to play them in can be quite a challenge! I should be getting your next surprise up later on today, whenever I can get my phone to quit ringing and pets to quit needing attention long enough to actually get back in game! ;)

@MsPrissy88 Sorry to hear about your mom, and all the difficulties with your game! I hate it when the game decides to throw a hissy fit about something! Hope your mom is doing better!
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @Mystik1978 I remember thinking that building without any store items would be an interesting challenge as I read through her letter too! And you've done a wonderful job with Seafoam Serenity! Love the colors you used (what can I say, I do love a good green!) A sad story, but a lovely house!

@Catdog123 Love the Emberwoods! Witches are always fun, and Sazzo is quite the attractive genie! And such handsome sons they have! Might need to let some of my teen gals meet Theo! Adorable kitties...can't go wrong with a good cat pic! And the opposite eyes are rather nifty, quite unique.

@AlphaFen Ooo, an attractive single guy! Think I know a few single gals who wouldn't mind meeting him! ;)

@ciane Love those inspiration pics! Can't wait to see what they inspired!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2017
    @LadyEmillye

If you haven't already guessed from Hannah's brief bio story, your desire for off the grid living was a large part of my inspiration, today I present to you part 3 ...
    Whether just out for a weekend drive, or living a dedicated off grid lifestyle, everyone needs a place to hang out and maybe do a little shopping.
    market2.gif?w=840
    Country Market
    Zoned as a hangout, meets the real estate requirements for 1 star, costs $114,068 to buy. Built at 25 Hidden Grove Lane, Riverview, 30x30. This lot is partially off grid, does have the required toilet & sink for real estate rules.

As you pull up you notice there are only bike racks and a hitching post for horses. You also notice the lone hill to the back with the spring bubbling up from the top which has been harnessed to feed the water wheel and the hot spring.

There's a nod to an entrance with the walkway around the town clock, but otherwise no enforced pathways so visitors tend to roam at will. As the eyes wander around you take note of all the options for relaxing and having fun.
    market4.jpg?w=840

Within minutes it becomes clear how popular both the archery range ...
    market2.jpg?w=840
    ... and hot springs are.
    screenshot-36.jpg?w=840

Growing both restless from to much relaxation and hungry attention finally turns to the buildings on the far side of the grounds. One is a single toilet bathroom with almost no privacy, just an arch for the door, and a sink for quick wash up. The second larger structure is where you discover a cooking center where you can fix almost anything you want, a sign says canning classes on request, and a stand to get fresh fruit and vegetables from, which seems to be just as popular as the archery range.
    market5.jpg?w=840

Stepping under the main structure to inspect the clothes rack you spot some stairs leading down. Curious you go down the steps to discover an abandoned nectar cellar with everything you need to make your own nectar's.
    market3.jpg?w=840
    Sorry no bottles gathering dust on the racks or are there? Only the game mechanics know for sure.**

Notes of import.
    When testing I took the lot to a few different locations and towns besides where I built it in Riverview. Sadly this happened when I placed it anyplace besides the lot where I built it.
    screenshot-3.jpg?w=840
    While that dip around the edge is not visually appealing it did not affect sim use of the lot or items around the lot.

Game mechanics say that for a lot to be zoned as a hang out it must have a toilet & sink. Much to my frustration the game mechanics refused to count the all in outhouse as either toilet or sink, let alone as both. :(

Game mechanics also count just an archway as a closed door for bathroom privacy needs. The things you learn from apocalypse challenges. lol ;)

Game mechanics will also impact how much the lot will cost for a sim to buy, so while in my game it was only $114,068 for a sim to buy if the lot ends up on a lot that costs more than 1,200 the buy cost will go up.

** Translation, when I play tested the lot I forgot to test the nectar maker & racks.

Ps, I didn't use the seasonal marker so the lot stays mostly the same year round.
    Pps, There shouldn't be any spawners on the lot as I used the water wheel to create the fishing spot instead of a pond that would need to be stocked. Game mechanics require 10 of each type of fish you want n a pond to stock it.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • KesminlixKesminlix Posts: 252 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn Apparently the hot springs are a little too hot for that man! :joy:

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Dragon House is back on-line!! Hope it works!!
    I'm still getting an error when I try to download. It starts for a moment, then stops and gives an error. :cry: I really don't know what would be causing it at this point.

Has anyone been successful at downloading this lot? It might just be at mine and Addy's ends.

@MiaSkywalker
    I saved it to my computer and when I ran the CC Cleaner this is what I found;
    I should have thought to do a Save on the file, and then check it from there! Duh! Glad you were smart enough to think of it, when I wasn't. :)

Ok, the first 8 red items are just the images that automatically get created when you export. The fact that they show up as "corrupt" on a Save is a known bug with the exchange.

There are, however, two items below it that are showing as CC. That means there is CC in the file

@MoonandStars83, what you need to do is create a temporary folder, and then go to your DCCache folder and move ALL files that end in .dbc to that temporary folder. Then delete all the cache files (except Socials) from the main Sims 3 directory. Then go into the game, and export the lot again. At that point, there should be absolutely no CC that might be sticking to the lot.

I would wait until you're done exporting and uploading all gifts before returning the .dbc files back to the DCCache directory. Those files ARE CC, but they might be CC you want, it's just that they allow CC to be uploaded. The CC in your Mods directory is actually safe; files there cannot upload to the Exchange. (They CAN corrupt it, though, so good idea not to have them in your game while building for the Exchange, either.)

This is why it's a good idea to keep one "clean" install of Sims 3, that only has EPs/SPs/store items. Keep that clean install in your Documents folder, and rename it to something different. You can have an install with CC, and then just rename them back and forth from the clean to the not-so-clean installs, depending on whether you are building for the Exchange or not.

And I haven't read further on the thread, so if anyone else has already explained this, I apologize. :)
    @Mystik1978 That house is really nice :) I love the color palette you chose and the story had a perfect ending :p

@Catdog123 Emberwoods <3:)

@AlphaFen You can never have enough handsome men running around :D I can see why Dash has built that skill so fast! lol :)

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I love the rustic look of the lot and the interesting things sims can find to do as they wander about the lot. It is the perfect place for an outdoor market and relaxing fun time! :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited September 2017
    ciane wrote: »
    @djsdragongirl - According to Crinrict's blog that LEFT counter is supposed to be the non sticky one that doesn't attach itself to builds:
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/arezzo-bathroom-counterright.html
    It's the cc that should be okay for you to use in your game, BUT like all the EA options, sometimes something that was looked at while building might attach itself to the build and think you used it.

The code for that countertop shows up in your Custard check: 0xee20737c7dc... You can find that in your dcbackup file and temporarily move it to your desktop or somewhere else. IF you TEMPORARILY MOVE your .ebc files from your dccache folder, you'll be able to just see your cc in the launcher. You can save a copy of .dbc files first (if you want to keep the counter) and then find that counter in the installed content on your launcher and uninstall it. NOW, you'll have the original file (.dbc) and its backup removed from your game AFTER clearing the package caches that are safe to clear out.

Move back in the .ebc files and load your game. Your house will then load withOUT the counter. Save the lot with a slightly different name and share it. When you run Custard, the counter should no longer show up. Then reupload.

THEN, if you want the counter in your game again, move that COPY of the .dbc file back in to replace the one where the counter was deleted. You can also MOVE that 0xee20737c7dc... file back in to your dcbackup folder if you want.

I THINK that this counter is a SAFE cc for your own use and shouldn't stick itself to uploads, but that sometimes the game will attach things that you looked at when building. That's why it's always good to have a cc-free sims 3 folder as well as your cc sims 3 folder in documents. The game readily creates a new sims 3 folder when you rename the old one (in documents! NOT programs). Then you copy over the .ebc files from your dccache folder, the ccmerged file from dcbackup, the library files for venues, the installed worlds files, etc. so you don't have to reinstall anything. Just don't copy over any cc, which might copy over with sims and houses you've created with cc.
    You know, I read the instructions before on Crinrict's site, but they didn't seem clear until I read your rewording of it. Wow! Thanks for those instructions, they're useful for anyone who runs into that problem!

ETA: I wanted to apologize for not commenting on anyone's builds yet today. I have to run to a doctor's appointment and then do something with my parents, so won't have time until later. But I promise you all, I WILL download everything, rec, and comment! :)
    Post edited by MiaSkywalker on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top