Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: SPY VS SPY!

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    Speaking of The Big Escape, one day the format should be brought to the forums here! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Speaking of The Big Escape, one day the format should be brought to the forums here! :smiley:

*hits the invisible Agree Button*

That would be AMAZING, I already was in Escape Rooms in Germany, Portugal and Malta, and all were so amazing <3
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    YJB19299 wrote: »

That would be AMAZING, I already was in Escape Rooms in Germany, Portugal and Malta, and all were so amazing <3

Woah! Gee you've travelled :3

I've done one in Canada and three in Australia ^^ Boyfriend promised we'd do two more when I visit in December :3 hehe!
  • Options

*the awesome button would be a fine substitute for that*

Wow, you've been travelling a lot. Wish I could say the same... Me jelly XD
    Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    Working on the mission now, I think I have a theme (Clue), but am juggling a few ideas on what exactly the game will be. If I can't decide I'll probably let you guys pick or something, because I'm stuck between 3 and a half options. :p

... Gov would be the perfect Mustard...

Wait, is the Gov Mario Mustard?

(JK!)
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member

Well, since I'm from Germany I don't count this, but I've also been to Spain, United Kingdom, Austria and Luxembourg. Plus Belgium and The Netherlands are only a few kilometers from my place :mrgreen:

I know, I'm awful :lol:
    c6fj8ujnodut.png
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    Thanks everyone for the love. If I had to pick one name I guess Ryenn, but like I really don't care :3
    Ooh a Clue app!! Is it free? I would play the heck out of it :3
    I like all of those options Turner!! Like a lot. I would be tied between an escape room and a clue game.
  • Options

Well, since I'm from Germany I don't count this, but I've also been to Spain, United Kingdom, Austria and Luxembourg. Plus Belgium and The Netherlands are only a few kilometers from my place :mrgreen:

Wish I could say that. I've been to Turkey once, Norway once and that's it. Alas. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for the love. If I had to pick one name I guess Ryenn, but like I really don't care :3
    I like all of those options Turner!! Like a lot. I would be tied between an escape room and a clue game.

Hey Ryenn (hmm, it's gonna take a while to get used to the change. lol), can I ask what the story behind the name WinteryGarnet is? Like, how did you make it up? What meaning does it have?
    And I'm wondering the same question about practically most of the usernames we all have.

Like, the origin of M13Vulpecula is kinda simple: I originally wanted to just be 'Vulpecula', after the constellation of the Fox, but that one was taken already. So I put my first letter and my birthday day in front of it - and it worked! :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member

Gosh. Wish I was born in Europe, literally anywhere would've been fine. XD
    Then again, I would've been a completely different person, and I like myself well enough, so maybe not hahaha.
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

Woah! Gee you've travelled :3

I've done one in Canada and three in Australia ^^ Boyfriend promised we'd do two more when I visit in December :3 hehe!

Stop making me PB & Jealous :lol:

I'm STILL uber jealous of Lo, who gets to play-test them time from time. :p
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Hey Ryenn (hmm, it's gonna take a while to get used to the change. lol), can I ask what the story behind the name WinteryGarnet is? Like, how did you make it up? What meaning does it have?
    And I'm wondering the same question about practically most of the usernames we all have.

I think she's told me that Winter is her favorite season, and Garnet her birthstone? I'm forgetting something though. Her birthday must be in January. :p

And I agree, Ryenn might take awhile to adjust to, but fortunately I've already been exposed to that name when I email her, so, it's not TOO foreign for me. ;p
  • Options

Ooh, that would be neat-o! :blush:
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    We must save the piglet! I could'nt bare to see anything happen to the poor little piggy. :cry:
    Why do i have the feeling this is another moral test to see if anyone would go against the majority and do the unthinkable? :o You know like the test the CIA and other large intelligence organizations do where they ask in an emergency would you eliminate a family member and such in order to protect your country? This whole thing sounds eerily similar. I might be reading too much into this though tbh. :D

And the intuitive ducky strikes again! ;)

This was exactly what I was going for, so you hit the nail RIGHT on the head. It was a nod to many things, primarily, as you said: A morality test. That's why Karma mentioned killing Okja would be bad instant karma, since the group would lose $30. And that 30 bucks is gained if the group decides to save Okja.

V mentioned in the beginning of the season that the new branch of the UN is looking for recruits, so yes, this was an example of what the application process may consist of. However, there were no major stakes here, so killing Okja was actually a BAD, selfish call, and would likely eliminate you from the running.
    This idea was also taken from the movie Kingsman, in which a group of candidates are trying to secure themselves a spot in a top-secret British organization. They are given a puppy in the beginning of the program, and must train it as one of their tasks. Well, as it turns out, at the final 2, the final task is to shoot and kill your own dog in order to get the position. The movie hints that they were SUPPOSED to kill the dog in order to pass the test, but.... As the movie goes on, you can tell it's a grey decision. Not exactly right or wrong.

This was also inspired by the last season of Survivor, where one tribe was arguing whether or not to slaughter and eat a baby goat and/or his mother. Of course, they were doing it for food, while you guys were doing it for safety. It then becomes a huge moral dilemma, as it was in the Survivor episode, but at the end of the day, I think they made the right decision to let them go. Then again, everyone has varying opinions, and I have stronger opinions as someone who doesn't advocate the consumption of meat, and I find factory farms to be the greatest evil Mankind has ever ignored and shoved under the rug. But that's a whole other tangent. :lol:

Furthermore: the reference was to the film Okja itself, which is about a genetically engineered hybrid, half pig half hippo, that was made solely for meat consumption. I wanted to name the piglet Okja to really sell the reference there. :p

The chances of the majority deciding to kill Okja were low, but, I would've certainly shown it if that's what they decided. I'm sure on one hand, Survivor WANTED the tribe to kill the goats in order to have a shocking moment that sparks controversy and conversation, on the other hand, I'm sure they didn't want that blood on their hands, pun intended.

• Options

Like, the origin of M13Vulpecula is kinda simple: I originally wanted to just be 'Vulpecula', after the constellation of the Fox, but that one was taken already. So I put my first letter and my birthday day in front of it - and it worked! :)

WinteryGarnet is pretty simple :3 I was born in January, therefore winter and the birthstone garnet: WinteryGarnet :)
  • Options

I think she's told me that Winter is her favorite season, and Garnet her birthstone? I'm forgetting something though. Her birthday must be in January. :p

And I agree, Ryenn might take awhile to adjust to, but fortunately I've already been exposed to that name when I email her, so, it's not TOO foreign for me. ;p

oh yep lol that's it, Winter is also my favorite season
  • Options

oh yep lol that's it, Winter is also my favorite season

Fall/Autumn is mine, which starts.... TOMORROW. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    We must save the piglet! I could'nt bare to see anything happen to the poor little piggy. :cry:
    Why do i have the feeling this is another moral test to see if anyone would go against the majority and do the unthinkable? :o You know like the test the CIA and other large intelligence organizations do where they ask in an emergency would you eliminate a family member and such in order to protect your country? This whole thing sounds eerily similar. I might be reading too much into this though tbh. :D

And the intuitive ducky strikes again! ;)

This was exactly what I was going for, so you hit the nail RIGHT on the head. It was a nod to many things, primarily, as you said: A morality test. That's why Karma mentioned killing Okja would be bad instant karma, since the group would lose $30. And that 30 bucks is gained if the group decides to save Okja.

V mentioned in the beginning of the season that the new branch of the UN is looking for recruits, so yes, this was an example of what the application process may consist of. However, there were no major stakes here, so killing Okja was actually a BAD, selfish call, and would likely eliminate you from the running.
    This idea was also taken from the movie Kingsman, in which a group of candidates are trying to secure themselves a spot in a top-secret British organization. They are given a puppy in the beginning of the program, and must train it as one of their tasks. Well, as it turns out, at the final 2, the final task is to shoot and kill your own dog in order to get the position. The movie hints that they were SUPPOSED to kill the dog in order to pass the test, but.... As the movie goes on, you can tell it's a grey decision. Not exactly right or wrong.

This was also inspired by the last season of Survivor, where one tribe was arguing whether or not to slaughter and eat a baby goat and/or his mother. Of course, they were doing it for food, while you guys were doing it for safety. It then becomes a huge moral dilemma, as it was in the Survivor episode, but at the end of the day, I think they made the right decision to let them go. Then again, everyone has varying opinions, and I have stronger opinions as someone who doesn't advocate the consumption of meat, and I find factory farms to be the greatest evil Mankind has ever ignored and shoved under the rug. But that's a whole other tangent. :lol:

Furthermore: the reference was to the film Okja itself, which is about a genetically engineered hybrid, half pig half hippo, that was made solely for meat consumption. I wanted to name the piglet Okja to really sell the reference there. :p

The chances of the majority deciding to kill Okja were low, but, I would've certainly shown it if that's what they decided. I'm sure on one hand, Survivor WANTED the tribe to kill the goats in order to have a shocking moment that sparks controversy and conversation, on the other hand, I'm sure they didn't want that blood on their hands, pun intended.

I thought that was what you were going for with the killing Okja angle. I dont know why but it just felt like something that K would do being big on Karma.

That and as i have said before, Me and you must think very similarly Turner when it comes to twists and plot points and stuff. :D Either that or i'm secretley psychic. >:)
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    x_MG_x wrote: »
    Working on the mission now, I think I have a theme (Clue), but am juggling a few ideas on what exactly the game will be. If I can't decide I'll probably let you guys pick or something, because I'm stuck between 3 and a half options. :p

... Gov would be the perfect Mustard...

Wait, is the Gov Mario Mustard?

(JK!)

:scream: Not the mustard! Anything but the mustard... *Shudders with fear* That would explain why the Gov is like he is. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    Heads up to y'all that I requested for my username to be changed to WinteryGarnet. It is my main username everywhere else; CeltyGirly is only used here because I made the account when I was young. There's a reason behind the change, but it's sad so it's in a spoiler. That way if you don't care you don't have to look at it.
    As I mentioned, Celty is my dog. I've had her since I was 7 almost eight. Well, she's turning ten this Halloween, and we just found out that her kidneys are failing. As of right now, she's on medication, and she's doing alright, but with something like kidney failure it won't take long before either she passes or is too sick and has to be put down. Since she lives with my grandparents now,
    I'm going down next weekend to kind of get some closure. She was my puppy that I went with my mom to pick out, and the day they brought her home they had me sit in the living room with my eyes closed before putting her in my arms. So, I'm really torn up about what's happening, and I just don't want to look at this username anymore. I don't want to be called Celty. It'll just make me too sad.

I already emailed you, but just so everyone is on the same page, what do you want to go by now?

If they change my username it'll be WinteryGarnet as I said so you can call me Winter, Garnet, Ryenn, Ry, virtually anything like that. :)

Well that's a fab username and the reason for the change is completley understandable.
    I hope Celty and yourself are doing well, This Ducky sends his best wishes and lots of hugs. :heart:

If i were to pick one i would say Ryenn too, Like Alleen. It's a really nice name and has a nice ring to it.

Makes me wish i could change my username tbh, But i have no idea how i would do that. :s
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

Yes! That would be fandabbydozey.

I know it was mentioned before, But i still think a reality show format based on an escape the room would be awesome. :)

I wish i had more time to host something like it, I've always fancied a stab at something like that.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    CeltyGirly wrote: »
    Heads up to y'all that I requested for my username to be changed to WinteryGarnet. It is my main username everywhere else; CeltyGirly is only used here because I made the account when I was young. There's a reason behind the change, but it's sad so it's in a spoiler. That way if you don't care you don't have to look at it.
    As I mentioned, Celty is my dog. I've had her since I was 7 almost eight. Well, she's turning ten this Halloween, and we just found out that her kidneys are failing. As of right now, she's on medication, and she's doing alright, but with something like kidney failure it won't take long before either she passes or is too sick and has to be put down. Since she lives with my grandparents now,
    I'm going down next weekend to kind of get some closure. She was my puppy that I went with my mom to pick out, and the day they brought her home they had me sit in the living room with my eyes closed before putting her in my arms. So, I'm really torn up about what's happening, and I just don't want to look at this username anymore. I don't want to be called Celty. It'll just make me too sad.

I already emailed you, but just so everyone is on the same page, what do you want to go by now?

If they change my username it'll be WinteryGarnet as I said so you can call me Winter, Garnet, Ryenn, Ry, virtually anything like that. :)

Well that's a fab username and the reason for the change is completley understandable.
    I hope Celty and yourself are doing well, This Ducky sends his best wishes and lots of hugs. :heart:

If i were to pick one i would say Ryenn too, Like Alleen. It's a really nice name and has a nice ring to it.

Makes me wish i could change my username tbh, But i have no idea how i would do that. :s

If you end up wanting to you just post on the Guru’s profile requesting a change to whatever you want the new username to be. :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    When you said you'd change your username, I first thought of just calling you by your first name, like we do for Jake and the others. :D

And I've been using this username since 2003 on the Sims 2 website. I could just ask to change it to the elongated version (icemanfresh) but there's so much history here.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

Gosh. Wish I was born in Europe, literally anywhere would've been fine. XD
    Then again, I would've been a completely different person, and I like myself well enough, so maybe not hahaha.

I'm glad that I'm Dutch. Though Norway or Denmark would've been nice as well. :)
    On the other hand do you have a point there, if I weren't Dutch and never got to see Wie is de Mol, I wouldn't probably be here. So be careful what you wish for. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options

WinteryGarnet is pretty simple :3 I was born in January, therefore winter and the birthstone garnet: WinteryGarnet :)

Ooh, that sounds clever. :) Now you got me curious to figure out my birthstone.
    Banner.png