Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sweet SIMtember Homemade Gift Exchange -- CLOSED

Comments

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2017
    Oh Tanu :pensive: My brain has shut down at all this awesome and doesn't know what to say :hushed: Luckily for you my mouth can carry on working without it o:)

I was overwhelmed when I got Supernatural and I didn't know where to start! But Ezra and Nirker with all the witchy knick knacks there for me to play and experiment on/with is brilliant! It's so thoughtful that you've built something to help ease me into all this new gameplay. I love the backstory and house name it has so much character and I love the corner desk area. The mention of the laundry items made me applaud (I may need to talk to someone about that :* ). I'm so touched that Nirker is named after a cat you owned and were so close too and the picture in the bath is adorable <3 I know exactly where I'm going to place them all, who Ezra is going to marry and I've already named his three grandchildren...... I'm hoping a sense of free will isn't one of his character traits :*

Tanu you had me at "when the sims set themselves on fire" :'( I've always been scared to mess around with the festival lot, I didn't think anyone would take on such a challenge! Thank you it must have been such hard work! I don't think my sims will ever need to visit another lot again, some might even just set up home there :hushed: It's exactly what Luck Palms needed <3 Now one sim can travel back in time and become his own grandfather all in the time it takes for another to seriously regret eating a hotdog on the roller-coaster. Family days out will never be the same again >:)

P.S Are you saying that a cat lady theme park isn’t a viable business concern? :o You wound me :'(
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I think many would love a cat lady theme park actually! I'm curious if the three grandchildren names are Curly, Larry, and Moe despite what gender they are. O.O
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2017

There to be called Pixie, Trixe and The Other One because the parents don't have favourites :*
  • tanubanuetanubanue Posts: 4,116 Member
    @AlphaFen ~

You are so not wounded :po:) And of course, me being a cat lady myself, it is a super important business option but if someone went by with a fiddle.....well who knows what craziness would ensue! :o

I'm happy that you like Ezra, Nirker and the house. I can see you having loads of fun with Supernatural and so it just had to be! That isn't one of his traits so no worries there. I hope they are as interesting in game play as they were in play testing. Nirker found a mate and has two adorable kittens in my game as of now :)

The festival lot was fun after I finally found where Ea had plopped the lot marker, lol Then removing stuff wasn't so bad either. It honestly helped a lot deciding to use much of their landscaping and the building. Everything else was just a season a day. (Sometimes it seems like that huh? lol ) I once ate a hot dog before going on a roller coaster B) I had to include the shower because sims do tend to be sims.

<3

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Very interesting family. It will be interesting to see if Nadine ends up using that little secret of hers. I like that you presented Hannah both on her own and with her parents. It may be neat to do two parallel games and see if there are differences down the road too. :)
    tanubanue wrote: »
    Nirker found a mate and has two adorable kittens in my game as of now :)

<3

Pics, please!

ciane wrote: »
    Nirker found a mate and has two adorable kittens in my game as of now :)

<3

Pics, please!

I'll take them the next time I'm in game :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Kesminlix: Your lot is clean an CC free. :smiley: I also want to add that I think it's adorable, and perfect for DV, which is the world I'm currently playing. In it goes! And that Monty Python image and quote totally cracked me up!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: What a sweet Sim! Definitely giving her a rec. :) I had NO IDEA that having parents when leaving CAS does that. Hm... now I wish I always did that with my main played Sim. I think I'll try that in a future game.

@Tanubanue: LP Festival Grounds Redone is clean and CC free. :smiley: I couldn't view the images in your post, either, and when I clicked the links that Addy posted, it gave an access error. In programmereese, the error means that the images can't be directly linked by an outside source; in other words, they can only be viewed directly on the page where they were originally posted. It's a very nice redo of the LP festival grounds, although admittedly I haven't played LP in a while, so can't remember what the original was like. But you use the wheel of wonder and the roller coaster, and that's enough for me! :D

I just want to add that even though I don't mention that I rec everyone's gifts, I do. Anything that I download I automatically give a rec to; I figure that if I'm going to use someone's lot that they worked hard on, then the least I could do is click that Recommend option. :)
  • MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited September 2017
    I got my stuff uploaded last night (I actually had to go back in and redo it because there was an issue).

My person is @Mmdrgntobldrgn , so I present to you, Dragon House:

<LINK REMOVED DUE TO DOWNLOAD ISSUE>
    36762082401_3a70b3b84c_z.jpg

36504874530_ff68595df0_z.jpg

36794732170_2193361f13_z.jpg

And the Drake Family:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9140615

Claire and Jonah decided to leave behind big city life and raise a happy, normal family in quiet, rustic Dragon Valley, despite the legend of there being 'something in the water'. However, they quickly learned that the legends are true, and have three supernatural children to prove it.
    37020632312_0d9c4187eb_z.jpg

36794721720_bee7cdf521_z.jpg

36794725220_bfdc195cf1_z.jpg

36794727570_08b50c9c14_z.jpg

Quick notes: These have more store content than I originally thought they did. I'm sorry about that. The content tags for my game must be messed up, because I swear none of those items had the shopping bag tag on them. They shouldn't affect gameplay if you don't want to install all of that. Oddly enough, the one bit of Store Content I knew I was using doesn't show up on the content list.

Second, I have a couple of Mods that alter certain content (some foodie mods, a painting replacement mod [more on that below], as well as a mod that affects the supernatural state of newborns). None of these mods, except the supernatural babies one, should transfer over. Some things will change/go missing, like some of the bottles of nectar.

Third, the paintings!! I have a painting replacements mod (as stated above), so if you're wondering why there's a painting of grilled cheese or a stick figure on the wall, this is what the paintings looked like when I placed them:
    36794722830_bcc539d247_z.jpg

36378420403_de4dd8636c_z.jpg

37020635722_746a75a4fc_z.jpg

36378422253_30897a1b06_z.jpg

37020638582_33f7f0dd3c_z.jpg

Finally, a giant thank you and a cookie goes to @MiaSkywalker for her mentoring and support during this ordeal undertaking. She gave me lots of great ideas, and showed me to a website with an amazing book of building plans that I was able to use.

I was going to say something else, but I got busy at work and forgot. If I think of it, I'll post it later.

Happy Simming, all!!
    Post edited by MoonandStars83 on
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    Second, I have a couple of Mods that alter certain content (some foodie mods, a painting replacement mod [more on that below], as well as a mod that affects the supernatural state of newborns). None of these mods, except the supernatural babies one, should transfer over. Some things will change/go missing, like some of the bottles of nectar.

Third, the paintings!! I have a painting replacements mod (as stated above), so if you're wondering why there's a painting of grilled cheese or a stick figure on the wall, this is what the paintings looked like when I placed them:
    What painting mod do you use? I love those paintings! The main reason I've never used a painting mod is that they get HUGE! You have to have an image file for EVERY painting that's being replaced. It's not that I don't have the space on my hard drive, but I don't want the game to take even longer than it does to load. :)

I had no problem downloading your family (it's clean and CC free, btw), but I got an error when trying to download the house. You actually DO have to worry about some of those mods; specifically, the food mods. I use a lot of those as well (I love icemunmun's and Cinderellimouse's), but I make sure I don't have them in my game when I am creating something for uploading. You don't have to worry about the painting mods (those are just a cosmetic overlay) or most of the other mods, but the food ones I think can be a problem.

You might try removing those, going into the game, saving it to a new file name, and then re-uploading to see if that fixes the problem. At least, assuming I'm not the only one who is having trouble downloading. If I am, then the problem is probably at my end, and not with the lot.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited September 2017
    @MoonandStars83

I look forward to taking a closer look at what you've created when I get home. Along with playing with the items you've worked so hard on.

Currently I'm out on an errand.

Mods as a rule don't transfer. Don't stress the store stuff, I've got a list going of stuff to (re)install. ;)

Ps, ignore what I said about mods, I wasn't aware that some could transfer.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    Mods as a rule don't transfer. Don't stress the store stuff, I've got a list going of stuff to (re)install. ;)
    As a rule, yes; CC does, but mods don't. However, food mods are sort of CC as well as being mods; they add different foods (including new plants and recipes) into the game, and if some of those harvestibles - or food made from the CC recipes - are on the lot, it's CC.

It's one of the odd exceptions to the "mods don't transfer" rule. I suspect it's why neither Addy nor I can download the house.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member

What painting mod do you use? I love those paintings! The main reason I've never used a painting mod is that they get HUGE! You have to have an image file for EVERY painting that's being replaced. It's not that I don't have the space on my hard drive, but I don't want the game to take even longer than it does to load. :)

I had no problem downloading your family (it's clean and CC free, btw), but I got an error when trying to download the house. You actually DO have to worry about some of those mods; specifically, the food mods. I use a lot of those as well (I love icemunmun's and Cinderellimouse's), but I make sure I don't have them in my game when I am creating something for uploading. You don't have to worry about the painting mods (those are just a cosmetic overlay) or most of the other mods, but the food ones I think can be a problem.

You might try removing those, going into the game, saving it to a new file name, and then re-uploading to see if that fixes the problem. At least, assuming I'm not the only one who is having trouble downloading. If I am, then the problem is probably at my end, and not with the lot.

Sorry :(
    I am also unable to download the house.
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn: I love the Wades! I think elders are some undervalued characters in this game so it's nice to see that you've made them and that they have no desire to retire as of yet! Rec'd them <3

@AlphaFen: Aww, thank you - that's so kind of you to say! Pleasure to meet you too :smile: Psst...you should unlurk in the BnS thread and join the fun!

@MoonandStars83:
    - What in the world were you worried about? Dragon House is GORGEOUS! I love the architectural style! BIG Rec-a-roo for you!
    - I love the Drake family - they're a mixed bag of berry sweet awesomeness! Rec'd!
    - That painting mod is AWESOME - I've never been able to get it to work in my game though unfortunately! I do like seeing the paintings that come from it though.

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Gaaahhh!!! I'll try removing the foodie mods and reuploading. I have the worst luck when it comes to these things. *goes in search of cone of shame*

@MiaSkywalker The painting mod can be found here. It is huge though, just so you know. Amazing, but huge.

Also, the comment I forgot to make before was apologizing for picture quality. I have a dinosaur run on potato power, and my picture quality is low.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
    @MiaSkywalker I'm glad you like the festival lot. It seems strange that the house and sims pictures were housed the exact same place and viewed fine. Anyway I hosted them else where for your viewing pleasure.

@MoonandStars83 You did an amazing job on Claire, Jonah, their family and home. I love that there are 3 different supernaturals under one roof. That means the story of their family can go in so many directions. When I'm building in a gift game I rename my Electronic Arts folder to my game and then start a fresh game. It takes a bit to redo the store stuff but I have it all on thumb drives so the reinstall goes quick. That way any mods that I have that may cause a potential issue aren't in my 'gift game'. Or you could just remove your mod folder while you build. That being said I may have to add that mod as I really loved the mushroom picture! No cone of shame for you you'll get it worked out!
    That being said I may have to add that mod as I really loved the mushroom picture!
    I know, right? That mushroom picture is the clincher for me; I just love it!

The pictures for your festival lot are gorgeous! I laughed when I saw the massage chairs; I never think to use those, but every fair I've ever gone to has had a booth where you could pay $5-$10 or so, and sit in one for a while. And it's worth it when you feel exhausted from all that walking around! That festival lot certainly looks like it will be great fun for our Sims to play in!
    @MoonandStars83 - I agree that the paintings are gorgeous. I do wish we could swap out just certain paintings for others we like more. The ability to just delete what we don't want and add what we do is severely limited! And I do wish the roof patterns were recolorable and that the windows would center on two walls as well. Aw well. We can't have everything, right?

I rec'd your family already. Such a diverse family will lead to very interesting game play!

What I saw of the house looked great.
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    @tanubanue

Hi Tanu! After reading your letter, I had more ideas than I really had time to create bouncing around in my head. The biggest problem was figuring out which world I wanted to head into to start! I ended up playing around in a few places, with a few different ideas!

For your first gift, I decided to build you a houseboat. It had been a while since I'd tackled one of those and I had a very distinct idea in mind when I started, but somehow that pesky muse of mine changed the plans on me! So here we have Smooth Sailing!

FnGBeK6.jpg

Download Here: thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9140832

I built this one in Salmon Woods, from My Sim Realty, because I wanted something other than a tropical world for this one! It's a medium sized barge, with 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. I tried to include as many different skill objects as possible within the little amount of space!

More pictures here!
    30VhMPH.jpg
    Accidentally went to the port instead of the houseboat for this picture, but I thought the lighting was really good to show the exterior!

y2euZeg.jpg
    Here's the layout of the first floor.

HsLPW58.jpg
    And upstairs.

Odnbd0s.jpg
    Downstairs from by the stairs.

OmGxORt.jpg
    Master bedroom.
    @Bookworm742 : What a nice little houseboat! The blue and white color combination is perfect for a boat, and it's just small enough and cozy enough for one or two Sims.

I haven't played with that feature yet, but it's about time, right?
  • Catdog123Catdog123 Posts: 1,024 Member

@Mystik1978 Howdy howdy, time for another gift. *digs around in his bag* The Moondancers need a place to live don't you think? :smiley:

So for today's gift I present Fairy Garden's:
    36956849020_0856e25ebb_b.jpg
    37354263505_bb787d64d3_b.jpg

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9140837

This is a fairy garden with a house built in the trees from the garden. A house built by faeries for faeries. It has two traditional bedrooms designed with Juniper and Thistle's tastes in mind but can house more than two faeries easily since it has two of the mini fairy houses on the lot. There is a couple of pieces of technology on the lot such as a TV, Stereo and Water Sprinkler. There was debate over whether to include these or not but I decided to go with them since it suits their back story and the actual Dragon Valley lore of being a town sort of lost to the modern world but exists in the same era. :smile: This was a lot of fun to build as its different from my usual builds and I really hope you enjoy having it in your game. During the design process it was originally going to be a cabin but I decided to try and blend the cabin look with something a bit more fantasy like to suit some of the sims I have made you. I decided not to upload the house and sims together in case you wanted to use each parts individually. The sims have enough household funds to purchase the house.

Here is some pictures of the house:
    Exterior:
    37354249985_edd0c2259e_z.jpg
    36956844840_37b846d479_z.jpg
    36956850510_eb2a3f2315_z.jpg

Living Room:
    36541602383_25f297aec0_z.jpg

Kitchen:
    36956851910_940008d141_z.jpg

Outdoor Patio and Bathroom:
    36956846460_dd47b96e7b_z.jpg

Juniper's Bedroom:
    36956840940_3c3eca0e61_z.jpg

Thistle's Bedroom:
    36541584013_75e83869ce_z.jpg

A little bit of gameplay shots:

36956847630_dfa5bb11a5_z.jpg

I added an outdoor bath area behind one of the bushes as seen above because Puck needs a place to be bathed which aparently he doesnt enjoy. He looks like hes looking at her saying; "why you do dis? :(".
    Siggy_4.jpg
    Catdog123 wrote: »
    @Mystik1978 Howdy howdy, time for another gift. *digs around in his bag* The Moondancers need a place to live don't you think? :smiley:
    I just saw this on the Exchange a few minutes ago, and I was all oooooh! Can't wait for CatDog to post! :D What a beautiful home, and so perfect for these two faeries! Gonna need that before I plop then into my DV game!
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys. I must say .... all the gifts I am seeing today - that were gifted yesterday - are WOW!! I know I am promising comments/feedback/praises ... trust me, they WILL be given out. I have just been dealing with a lot of CR--AP concerning my gifts to MY buddy. (( and I have had a headache to go along with all this stoopid mess ))

Post edited by MsPrissy88 on
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Ok, now that I have my first gift up, time to go admire all the gifts posted so far!

@ciane What a unique casino! Very different from most of the other casinos I've seen (which tend to go in a more luxe direction) and some very intriguing architecture! Love some of the other colors/textures you played with too! Really love the recolor of the spiral stairs. Might have to steal that one. ;)

@LadyEmillye The Berry Family is definitely full of color! And that dog is super cute! Love the bakery and cafe, too. That wallpaper is not a pattern I usually use, but it really works there! The Berry Estate reminded me of a gingerbread house at first glance, which would totally work for a berry family...but then I looked closer and realized it's actually stone, just recolored to a lovely shade of brown! Love all the room for baking, and the warm color scheme!

@djsdragongirl A very cute family of fairies! Really love the colors of their wings, so pretty. And so colorful, they're bound to catch the attention of their neighbors in Midnight Hollow!

@AlphaFen Clearly, you and I were both on the blue page while we were building this time around, lol. Love the exterior of Bauhaus Blue! And the intense teal with the grays and black really works for the inside! Nice little modern house!

@tanubanue House of Wands is a great magic house! Love the shades of green you used inside with all the woods, looks very warm and inviting, with that whole magical connection to nature vibe too. And I spotted so many of the fun magic items in there too...love it! Bonehilda cracks me up, but she seems to terrify most of my sim kids, lol.

@Catdog123 Another fantastic fairy family! (Ha! Accidental alliteration!) Love seeing one with twins, instead of a couple, makes some nice variety! Don't know that I've ever used that facial hair myself, but I really love the way it looks on him! Such very pink hair, too...I probably never would have thought to go that intense, but it balances nicely with the greens in their outfits. And Puck is adorable. Love their house, as well! I don't recall seeing that dresser/mirror in my game, but I'm gonna have to go look for it now, cause that recolor is beautiful. And suits the fairy style!

@Kesminlix Rofl! That meme under the spoiler is awesome! It's a very good thing I was planning to visit Dragon Valley again soon, because I love Dozmary Park! Such a great use of those wonderfully fun ruin pieces! (I was having fun with those myself the other day, love 'em!) And I see you managed to sneak in the beautiful chair from the Bohemian set! Really like how you made the pool look like a pond, too...so my sims can have fun playing with that water slide and diving board! The flamingo made me giggle, hiding under the slide like that! Now I just have to find the perfect place to put it! Landscaping looks good, and I know how very hard it can be to get the way you want! It's one of my weak points too, but I think the simplicity of what you used looks perfect for what you were creating!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Hannah looks like she'll be a lot of fun to play! Lots of seed collecting and gardening in her future, I can tell! ;) And ooo, you added her parents, too. How fun! (Also, I didn't realize that about passing on genetics and leaving CAS with parents...I'm gonna have to go do some experimenting with that!)

@tanubanue The Lucky Palms festival lot is definitely lacking compared to some of the other worlds, so this redo was definitely something it needed! So many wonderful activities you added, sims will definitely enjoy themselves! And good thing you remembered the outdoor shower...it would be just like those silly sims to set themselves on fire and panic til Grimmy comes to visit!

@MoonandStars83 More fun in Dragon Valley! Dragon House looks quite intriguing, love the brick exterior you used! Don't see as much of that in DV, and it works nicely! The Drake family looks like a lot of fun, of the supernatural sort! Gotta love those occult sims!

@tanubanue and @AlphaFen ....I keep being teased about this Cat Lady Park thing! We really might have to do something about making it become a reality, because it sounds like absolutely hilarious fun. ;)
    @Bookworm742 - LOVE, Love, love that boat house. Love the color, the style, and the size. Those columns really work on it and the way you did the ceilings and even the tile edge is awesome! I also really like the diamond pattern as you'll probably notice in my next upload!

@Catdog123 - That is a gorgeous fairy house! The lighting really works well in those night shots and the furnishings are spot on perfect!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top