Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ninnster's Showcase - New: Restaurante Del Mare

Comments

• Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited September 2017
    So, I said a while back that I was going to check one of your creations but, wow...I have to go first with Whitestone Castle. What an amazing creation! @Laebeth . The outdoors in general are breathtaking :astonished: . You also included a changing area, nice idea! Also a fotostudio, love it!
    I'll have to say, I fell in love with the garden ;)
    Overall, this is an amazing creation.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh my @Dangerous12Angel !! :o I can't believe I completely spaced out and forgot to thank you for your wonderful message! If anything though, rereading it now makes me all happy again <3 Thank you so much for the very gracious comment, it means a lot :blush:
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Time for another update! Now that I am building more frequently, I am going to be thinking more carefully about what I choose to showcase. This is for a few reasons:

1. It takes to long to showcase every single room/lot/family I create.
    2. It's unnecessary to spam you with every creation. If you follow me on the gallery you will see it there, or you can even find me on Twitter.

So here I will only be showcasing what I am especially proud of and want to show off. That's how this showcase thing works right? :wink:

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Mid Century Retro

Lot size: 20x15
    Cost: $56,095
    2br, 1ba

Gallery link

Inspiration:

This was my first entry into the spanking new challenge hosted by Steskens. She creates a shell, and you get to fix it up. Hence the name: The fix me up challenge. This was the second challenge hosted, and we were tasked with creating a first home for Rosa and Jacob. As I downloaded the shell provided, and had a look, I knew straight away I wanted it to have a mid century look. As for the inside I tried to create more of a "retro inspired" look rather than "retro authentic".

Front view
    1PNuX0h.png?1

Back view:
    dyQyTp9.png?1

Floor plan:
    cO0rNZW.png?1

Outdoor area:
    rLwQW6b.png
    ASJnXPV.png

Open space living and dining area:
    jfMEeXR.png
    xE1hPlt.png
    mQ3WCie.png

Bathroom:
    LYEQdXJ.png
    KItIDk7.png

Main bedroom:
    iX7eSds.png
    PWAz5ZM.png

Spare bedroom:
    6wL2xHY.png
    Ebzen3Z.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Pirate's Cove Play Park

Lot size: 40x30
    Cost: $93,844
    Lot type: National Park

Gallery link

Inspiration:

This was created for the Quality Control challenge nr 52. The challenge was to create a toddler park with certain requirements, like bathrooms, a BBQ area and a play area for older kids as well as toddlers. For this particular build I used my boys as inspiration. They are 3 and 1, so I tried to imagine what sort of park they would enjoy. The 1 year old doesn't have much of an opinion, but I am certain my 3 year old would want anything car/vehicle related. He loves trains, cars, monster trucks, police cars.. anything on wheels. TS4 is sadly a little limited in this aspect though, so I wanted a more simple and easily doable theme. The next thing I thought of was a pirate theme. This also had the advantage of catering more to both boys and girls, as girls love pirate's too right? So with that in mind I tried to create a fun pirate park for for kids, and even added a duck pond.

Front view:
    CoVMg5T.png?1

Bird's eye view:
    e0rxgNg.png

Various play areas for toddlers and older kids and duck pond:
    AEFXmgx.png
    hywdCJJ.png
    sjwdcTG.png
    3oXHUcy.png
    B6aD57d.png
    lQmVPV2.png

BBQ/food area including a party area for toddler parties:
    a25RkMs.png
    iGBHAb8.png
    yDJw4Hl.png

Bathrooms:
    djLD3ta.png
    zxDNt2e.png
    NmKNsve.png
    ySa2rPP.png

Night view:
    s4VdSJB.png
    5RogPEL.png
    8vFyXSm.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Oh wow sweetie both places are epic and such beautiful detail! I'm in love with that park!
    edited September 2017
    Thank you @BreeMiles <3 You are always so kind!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    Mid Century Retro is a very nice home and Pirate's Cove Play Park is a very enjoyable and fun place families to.enjoy visiting! :) I have posted about them on the other threads so I won't post again, but just wanted to say again that they are very great!
    edited September 2017
    Modern Hollywood

Gallery Link

Created for The Quality Control Room Challenge nr 66. The challenge was to create an ensuite fitting a movie star, with plenty of glamour. Despite wanting to create something romantic in a light color scheme, when I started building it it took on a completely different style on it's own and I ended up with a modern red/black version.
    I decided the enclose 3 separate areas. Normally I'd prefer to keep it more open, but to keep it realistic I decided not to. When you have a sauna and bathroom like here, it creates a lot of humidity. You don't want that humidity in your clothes right? Right.

UR2m0yP.png
    oaPCX0Z.png
    vzDDy1Z.png
    YgANrff.png
    akQJKXU.png
    zfOn7Sp.png
    4uGZW7I.png
    hCrp0iw.png
    2f9r5yM.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Thank you @rosemow <3 I appreciate you taking the time to say again how much you like them!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Great new creations, dear! I´ve faved them already <3
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

YAY! Congrats! Very well deserved, dear! :smiley:
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Pirate's Cove Play Park is Adorable @Laebeth! So sweet with all the different areas, so nicely set up. Especially love the little picnic area and the reading corner. So Sweet! The landscaping is just Gorgeous! :smile:

Modern Hollywood is such a glamorous ensuite! Love the layout and rich, warm colors. Oh! And of course, the Fabulous shelving! B) The snapshots are awesome! :blush:
    Haha @WrathofCath , you know, I think of you every time I place a shelf now.. and I ask myself.. would Cath approve? Would she be amazed? Would she love it? Is it up to her shelving standard? :o You make me a better shelf designer, and you don't even know it! :p

Thanks for the nice compliments though, it's so kind of you to stop by :heart: Been a while since I've seen you, so it has been a busy summer for sure! Glad to see you back and building more :blush:

@rosemow @BreeMiles @AIRIS6962 Thank you so much guys! That was sure a wonderful surprise, and I appreciate you stopping by to say congrats :heart: Hugs!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Look at you, you busy building bee! :) Think I caught most on the Gallery, but it's always so awesome to visit here and see the more detailed screenshots of your latest creations. B) Wonderful job on the Mid Century Retro house! Loving the interiors, especially the well chosen splashes of colour in the various rooms while still maintaining an overall coherent look, fantastic! Ooooh, look at your Pirate themed park! If only I was younger, would love to have such a place in real life. ;) And congrats on the Fav for it (and your Duck Tales room as well if I'm not mistaken :) ). Wonderful glamourous bathroom! I'm glad you went with the darker colour palette, it's absolutely gorgeous (then again, black and red is my favourite combo, so you had me at the first screenshot here. :D )
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    Your mid century house is beautiful.
    I just adore your park!
    I love the detail in your rooms. The room looks stunning! Love the red/black theme.
    edited October 2017
    @Corwim Yes, I think you caught them all on the Gallery <3 Thank you so much for your continued support (sounds like a Thank you Oscar speech..haha) and for your always so kind and generous comments :blush: I did in fact think of you when I designed that bathroom, haha, since I know your favorite color combo is red/black :sunglasses: And yes, my Duck room did very much unexpectedly receive a Maxis fave, so thanks for that too ;)

@illusie Thank you so much for checking in here whenever you have time. It always make me feel so special that I am lucky enough to get a visit <3 Thanks for the wonderful comments, I am glad you liked them!

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @laebeth, I love your creations so of course I visit your thread <3
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Hehe, who doesn't like a good Oscar speech? :smiley: Yay, glad I may have inspired you a bit with the red/black colour combo! :smile: There cannot be enough builds using this combination, and your bathroom certainly ranks as one of the best ones on the Gallery (now I feel like the announcer guy introducing your Oscar acceptance speech looolz :D )!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Many congrats on your Maxis fav for Pirate's Cove Play Park, this is one of the most amazing parks I've seen, every child's dream place :) Superb layout and landscaping with everything to offer, fantastic work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Haha! Thank you so much @Corwim <3 You have inspired me a lot! After all, you are the one that taught me how to clutter up a room :wink:

@masajo Thank you so much for your amazing comment! It means a lot to me, especially since it comes from a builder who I admire greatly <3

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

Duck Tales

Gallery Link

This room was an entry to Rosemow's "One room one week one theme" challenge. The theme for the week was making a room inspired by the new build/buy items included in the recent patch, among them the wooden duck. Most of my inspiration came from the duck, hence the vintage style of the room. I wanted an old cabin sort of look and feel, without making it one. That's why I decided on a study, as I wanted to have a fireplace and wooden desk. The green walls I primarily chose because I love that particular green against wood textures, but it was also conveniently a a color also fitting a duck! I tried to create a warm atmosphere, and I named it 'duck tales' as it was a reference to the show with Scrooge McDuck (and they happen to be ducks), but also because it was study with lots of books (tales).

kQQ3OpG.png
    JuZGWTK.png
    v32LTD4.png
    CNOn6CE.png
    kvrev3j.png

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger