Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    LMAO @CharmingMaruska I remember the days when most people assumed I was a guy because I had Lucas as my avatar :joy: I guess it's easy to associate the avatar with the person! :tongue:
    snvAF3B.png
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member
    LMAO @CharmingMaruska I remember the days when most people assumed I was a guy because I had Lucas as my avatar :joy: I guess it's easy to associate the avatar with the person! :tongue:

It didn't help that your username is kind of ambiguous, too. :smiley: Ever since then I just assume everyone's female until proven otherwise - the probability of being right is higher that way. :smile:
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member

Legit thought you were a guy until I saw one of your screenshot tutorial vids.

I can relate. My full name is Samantha-Kate and I hate it, so I go by Sam or Sammi. Most people mistake me for a boy.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    @CitizenErased14 To make matters worse, most people play a character that is at least their identifying gender if not very similar in nature, so I pretty much pictured you as Alex since that was the first legacy I read!

I'm curious, how many people here start legacies using the same gender they identify as (or as close to as possible), and why?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Karilan wrote: »

Legit thought you were a guy until I saw one of your screenshot tutorial vids.

I can relate. My full name is Samantha-Kate and I hate it, so I go by Sam or Sammi. Most people mistake me for a boy.

my mom named me after some actresss daughter. not one i know. and i use my nickname as my name.

i use rylan as a avi even though i'm a girl because hes awesome. but don't tell ayden i said that.

i knew citizen was a girl because somewhere in the thread people started using her real name. not me i called her cute little weirdo.
    @CitizenErased14 To make matters worse, most people play a character that is at least their identifying gender if not very similar in nature, so I pretty much pictured you as Alex since that was the first legacy I read!

I'm curious, how many people here start legacies using the same gender they identify as (or as close to as possible), and why?

i have to start stories with couples.

in sims3 i tried starting with a single guy but he stole someone elses wife. probabaly sounds like someone in y current story.

normally i start with guys they tend to be less dramatic if real life is any indication.
    my mom named me after some actresss daughter. not one i know. and i use my nickname as my name.

i use rylan as a avi even though i'm a girl because hes awesome. but don't tell ayden i said that.

i knew citizen was a girl because somewhere in the thread people started using her real name. not me i called her cute little weirdo.

What is your name if you don't mind me asking? I refer to you as "friend" in my head, which is kind of cute actually.

I go by Sammi most often to friends, Samantha professionally, and started using SamAsASim for my blog. I was too lazy to make a new account on the forum, but I should have :D
    D2vFwMN.jpg

in sims3 i tried starting with a single guy but he stole someone elses wife. probabaly sounds like someone in y current story.

normally i start with guys they tend to be less dramatic if real life is any indication.

I don't like starting legacies with couples. Not sure why, I guess I feel like I'm cheating the first generation by not finding a spouse myself.
    D2vFwMN.jpg

I don't like starting legacies with couples. Not sure why, I guess I feel like I'm cheating the first generation by not finding a spouse myself.

well mine is a gentic challenge. so i start with couples.

i was actually afraid to write noel and lauren because they are interacial.
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited September 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I look as old as I am--just have a look at your banner for your Newcrest story! LOL!

:grimace:
    I turned back the clock for you, though. I made you a young adult again. I am having fun playing this BuildNewcrest Challenge (shameless link plug to my thread on here). I don't know any of the four simself personalities, just my own, so I have to make it up. If you decide to read it and follow along (you're in plenty of chapters so far--up to day 8) I think you'll enjoy my humor I added to it. Since you're "experienced" on the forums, you recognize the other three simself ladies? lol

Of course I see my good buddies Meggles and JulyVee--but who's the other one? My SimSelf actually acts a LOT like me--especially if you got the goofball one (which I think you did...)

It's BBQPenguinWings, isn't it?

At any rate, it's such a wonderful idea @LegacySims2017 ! I can't wait to read it :smile:

Good guess @CharmingMaruska ... but nada. :grimace:

aww :( lol!

Btw your webpage looks awesome. I love the setup!
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    I look as old as I am--just have a look at your banner for your Newcrest story! LOL!

:grimace:
    I turned back the clock for you, though. I made you a young adult again. I am having fun playing this BuildNewcrest Challenge (shameless link plug to my thread on here). I don't know any of the four simself personalities, just my own, so I have to make it up. If you decide to read it and follow along (you're in plenty of chapters so far--up to day 8) I think you'll enjoy my humor I added to it. Since you're "experienced" on the forums, you recognize the other three simself ladies? lol

Of course I see my good buddies Meggles and JulyVee--but who's the other one? My SimSelf actually acts a LOT like me--especially if you got the goofball one (which I think you did...)

It's BBQPenguinWings, isn't it?

At any rate, it's such a wonderful idea @LegacySims2017 ! I can't wait to read it :smile:

Good guess @CharmingMaruska ... but nada. :grimace:

aww :( lol!

Btw your webpage looks awesome. I love the setup!

Thank you. I appreciate that! :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Hi, Alejandra has finished 1 week at home and 1 term at college. She got an A on her report card. Well, Leonard was a bust. She was attracted to him but he had no family oriented trait.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    new chapter

X2nu2P.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Hi Everyone! A new chapter is up for Retail Wars! What will today hold? Who will win today's sales? Enjoy and comments always appreciated.
    https://soulgal7.wordpress.com/2017/09/16/ch-5-retail-wars-work-work-work
    katrina_hates_this_outfit.png
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    It's a short lesson about solidarity, in Axel's own demented way...

boo if axels back it must be friday.

love axel hate friday because it eventually leads to sunday.

Awwww, @friendsfan367. Maybe enjoy Friday while it's here and Saturday too. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited September 2017
    Another La Vita Bella chapter...

Newlywed Years, Episode 30, Fears
    “You can stop staring at me, you know. I am alright..."
    After a fender bender, Bella and her attorney and friend, Lee discuss the past and the future.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    whats a metro?

Nothing. What's a metro with you? :grimace:

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    whats a metro?

lol. i'm actually serious its a clever title so i wondered what made you think of it.

i know what metro is i've been riding public transportation til recently
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    I want to start this by saying that I play rotationally, so obviously this might not be the answer they're looking for. No matter what sims I create to put in my game, they all have something in common with me (which could be as simple as liking pizza), but I also try to make sure they're all very different from me and each other and that no one is 100% "good" or "evil". That being said, I'm gender fluid (short definition: I can be a boy, girl, both, or neither depending on the day, and I'm very open to questions if anyone has any), so you could say that trying to have my created sims be very different from each other makes sense, in a way.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »
    I want to start this by saying that I play rotationally, so obviously this might not be the answer they're looking for. No matter what sims I create to put in my game, they all have something in common with me (which could be as simple as liking pizza), but I also try to make sure they're all very different from me and each other and that no one is 100% "good" or "evil". That being said, I'm gender fluid (short definition: I can be a boy, girl, both, or neither depending on the day, and I'm very open to questions if anyone has any), so you could say that trying to have my created sims be very different from each other makes sense, in a way.

since your open to questions what happens when your neither?

if we didn't get along so well its the kind of question i would keep to myself.
  • Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    whats a metro?

lol. i'm actually serious its a clever title so i wondered what made you think of it.

Lol basically i just wanted a title that has to do with city life.

I like one word titles so metro just made sense
    THIRTYT(2).png
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    whats a metro?

Lol basically i just wanted a title that has to do with city life.

I like one word titles so metro just made sense

oh and i did get the joke. just getting tired.
    Pegasus143 wrote: »

I'm not a rotational player, so it hadn't crossed my mind but yes, I'd expect there to be quite a mix.

Thank you for sharing, and that's something I'm very curious about so I might pick your brain at some point!

Since I identify as female, and find it easier to write from a female perspective, most of my characters in games are also female. I do alternate between characters who look like me, and ones that are drastically different from me. Another big reason though is I actually find the female form more attractive, so I like to start with them. :smiley:
    D2vFwMN.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top