Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    Just stopping by to say hi!!!

Almost done with the new metro :) and omg there are so many stories!! Gunna start bookmarking :)

I was just thinking of your story this morning and feeling curious and excited to see what you're coming up with next!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Acarb90 wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Without giving actual ages, this forum (the site in general) skews pretty old. I'm in my 20's and always feel...so young.

Im also in that age bracket, but i feel so old lol

20s is not old don't make me smack you. lol.

i can say that cause sis knows its a empty threat. lol.
    edited September 2017
    i played a lot but i forgot to write it down. opps.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I look as old as I am--just have a look at your banner for your Newcrest story! LOL!

:grimace:
    I turned back the clock for you, though. I made you a young adult again. I am having fun playing this BuildNewcrest Challenge (shameless link plug to my thread on here). I don't know any of the four simself personalities, just my own, so I have to make it up. If you decide to read it and follow along (you're in plenty of chapters so far--up to day 8) I think you'll enjoy my humor I added to it. Since you're "experienced" on the forums, you recognize the other three simself ladies? lol

Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    I look as old as I am--just have a look at your banner for your Newcrest story! LOL!

I turned back the clock for you, though. I made you a young adult again. I am having fun playing this BuildNewcrest Challenge (shameless link plug to my thread on here). I don't know any of the four simself personalities, just my own, so I have to make it up. If you decide to read it and follow along (you're in plenty of chapters so far--up to day 8) I think you'll enjoy my humor I added to it. Since you're "experienced" on the forums, you recognize the other three simself ladies? lol

who are the other 3 . sometimes i act like a 5 year old too. i get impaitent. plus its after 10 so i should have been gone already.
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

Of course I see my good buddies Meggles and JulyVee--but who's the other one? My SimSelf actually acts a LOT like me--especially if you got the goofball one (which I think you did...)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Of course I see my good buddies Meggles and JulyVee--but who's the other one? My SimSelf actually acts a LOT like me--especially if you got the goofball one (which I think you did...)

you are a goofball.
    @CathyTea & @friendsfan367 The other one will come out in October. Not going to spoil it. Either someone else can oust her if they recognize her (or she can if she sees this) or you have to wait until the chapter involving her comes into play. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @CathyTea & @friendsfan367 The other one will come out in October. Not going to spoil it. Either someone else can oust her if they recognize her (or she can if she sees this) or you have to wait until the chapter involving her comes into play. :grimace:

pfffffffffffttttt. kidding i spend a lot of time with jes. happy to wait i'm supposed to reading a story for the ww circle but its to hot here.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Hiya guys! :blush:

I got bored last night and made this lil' cutie! :love:
    kenzietolbert.jpg

I haven't uploaded her to the gallery, thinking I'm going to save her for @pammiechick 's next casting call for Day & Knight - which will be a while away as Gen 4 just started! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Munterbacon Oh she's so pretty!! I'd love to have her when the time comes...yeah, not sure when that will be. Ha! Typically, a generation lasts 4-5 months.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Munterbacon: I missed your regular boredom cuties! But I agree with giving her a shot at fame. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    It's a short lesson about solidarity, in Axel's own demented way...
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I decided to not be in long distance for the time being. I have to work until the end of the month, but then I'm taking a vacation!!!
    I look forward to get back to my more serious stories and finish my legacy... And start all the other stories that are haunting my thoughts.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    @Munterbacon Oh she's so pretty!! I'd love to have her when the time comes...yeah, not sure when that will be. Ha! Typically, a generation lasts 4-5 months.

@pammiechick Yeah, I think I had Margot sitting in my library for a few months and that was mid way through Gen 3 :D
    @Munterbacon: I missed your regular boredom cuties! But I agree with giving her a shot at fame. ;)

@InfraGreen Well, I best get back to making Boredom Cuties, huh? ;)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,050 Member

It's BBQPenguinWings, isn't it?

At any rate, it's such a wonderful idea @LegacySims2017 ! I can't wait to read it :smile:

It's BBQPenguinWings, isn't it?

At any rate, it's such a wonderful idea @LegacySims2017 ! I can't wait to read it :smile:

Good guess @CharmingMaruska ... but nada. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • EiraRoseEiraRose Posts: 203 Member
    Sorry for being so quiet, I've just not had much to offer the conversation in an insightful way!

I suppose I have a small thing! @InfraGreen I'm finally caught up with No Stars Over Uptown! It's fantastic and once again you've totally knocked my socks off with your character development! I go from loving Axel to hating him to loving him again to shaking my head and rolling my eyes at him. :D

In random news, I've got another Where the Willow Walks update that puts me at 600 words short of my goal for gold this SimNaNoWriMo!

• PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    Everyone's on here talking about ages and the more it gets brought up, the more I feel like an actual baby.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited September 2017
    @PurplishSimEater I am sure you aren't alone in your age range :) I know we have some teens around here, up through many decades older than that! :tongue:

I have noticed I tend to fall in some kind of weird in-between age bracket :joy: (late 20s) Most of my SimLit friends are either 5+ years younger than me, or 5+ years older than me! Haha
    snvAF3B.png
    Everyone's on here talking about ages and the more it gets brought up, the more I feel like an actual baby.

That's okay! I feel like a baby, too, despite my age :smile:
  • PurplishSimEaterPurplishSimEater Posts: 563 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Given the fact that the franchise interests seem to skew largely female and toward a younger demographic (as players in general, SimLit writers not so much) I'm definitely not alone :) in the writing community, however, I'm on the younger side (late teens - early 20s). It's not an issue per se, just an observation.
    Works in Progress: Fitzgerald Family Fables
    House: Ravenclaw/Pukwudgie | Wand: 12 1/4", Spruce & Phoenix Feather, Hard flexibility | Patronus: Black & White Cat
  • KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @CitizenErased14 Given the fact that the franchise interests seem to skew largely female and toward a younger demographic (as players in general, SimLit writers not so much) I'm definitely not alone :) in the writing community, however, I'm on the younger side (late teens - early 20s). It's not an issue per se, just an observation.

Agreed. I'm early 30s but most of the people I know who play are younger. I can see why the writers would be a bit older though. When I was in high school I only played, but I think my reason for playing shifted over time.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
    It's a short lesson about solidarity, in Axel's own demented way...

boo if axels back it must be friday.

love axel hate friday because it eventually leads to sunday.
    @PurplishSimEater I am sure you aren't alone in your age range :) I know we have some teens around here, up through many decades older than that! :tongue:

I have noticed I tend to fall in some kind of weird in-between age bracket :joy: (late 20s) Most of my SimLit friends are either 5+ years younger than me, or 5+ years older than me! Haha

That's funny, because when I joined the forums I felt exactly the same - everyone was either a teenager or 5+ years older than me. But it's probably a coincidence - I just realized I mostly have no idea how old you guys are. Often I don't even know who's male and who's female. :sweat_smile: I thought @CitizenErased14 was a guy for at least four months! (I'm sorry.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top